Tom Kirkman

House Republicans call on Trump to promote fossil fuel exports to curb climate change

19 hours ago, dgowin said:

Personally myself we should preserve our carbon and hydrocarbon resources. We have no good substitutes for plastics, petrochemicals and drugs that coal, coal byproducts, oil & gas allow us to make. Carbon and hydrocarbons should be treated as precious commodities like platinum, palladium, iridium and silver. A precious resource that should be conserved. Right now we have shale drillers spending the retirement savings of the U.S. in a vain attempt to stay in business.Permian-Oil-Annual-Compounded-Decline-Cu

You do understand that the frackers want to get their production front loaded. The result you are criticizing is what they work hard to achieve. Here shown to be rather successful. The increased initial production pays off the loan and the long term production tail produces the long term profit. 

On 3/5/2020 at 2:45 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

Can you honestly think of anyone who would willingly work around a facility leaking methane and NOT fix any leaks?

I do every day at work, and so does every gas plant operator ON EARTH!  U are obviously 100% ignorant of all things oil and gas....lmfao

• Rolling Eye 1

Do you know about gas monitors?  Obviously not.....you are a fool, who makes arguments based upon the reality YOU know, which is most assuredly not the reality in any of the 4 oil patches I work in.....stfu, please

5 hours ago, CraigTilliton said:

I do every day at work, and so does every gas plant operator ON EARTH!  U are obviously 100% ignorant of all things oil and gas....lmfao

5 hours ago, CraigTilliton said:

Do you know about gas monitors?  Obviously not.....you are a fool, who makes arguments based upon the reality YOU know, which is most assuredly not the reality in any of the 4 oil patches I work in.....stfu, please

Craig, clearly, you have no clue who @Douglas Buckland is or his many decades of experience.  You are really shooting yourself in the foot with your comments.

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Craig, clearly, you have no clue who @Douglas Buckland is or his many decades of experience.  You are really shooting yourself in the foot with your comments.

No worries Tom, let Craig rant. I need the entertainment while I’m locked down here in KL.

Actually, I did see a drilling rig and a gas monitor in my time....

• Haha 1

(edited)

13 hours ago, CraigTilliton said:

LMFAO at this comment it’s better than me being called a lime eating little man, gotta love the yanks on this forum some are smart most are DAF.

Been drunk longer his bed has @douglas than most of this forum has been in the oilfield.

Edited by James Regan

You might be right about his experience....he's dead wrong about ch4 venting.....just wrong

9 hours ago, James Regan said:

LMFAO at this comment it’s better than me being called a lime eating little man, gotta love the yanks on this forum some are smart most are DAF.

Been drunk longer his bed has @douglas than most of this forum has been in the oilfield.

Jimmy ol’ Bean, you just gotta laugh! This poor fellow has only been exposed to four oilfields and is a global expert. I reckon that between you and I we’ve probably worked in over a hundred different fields, offshore, onshore, and in jackup country.

At least we’ll have the memories from:

’When derricks were wood and men were steel. My first job was shooting woodpeckers out of the derrick!’

• Great Response! 2

12 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Jimmy ol’ Bean, you just gotta laugh! This poor fellow has only been exposed to four oilfields and is a global expert. I reckon that between you and I we’ve probably worked in over a hundred different fields, offshore, onshore, and in jackup country.

At least we’ll have the memories from:

’When derricks were wood and men were steel. My first job was shooting woodpeckers out of the derrick!’

My first drill ship the AB (Able Seaman for the lounge lizards) was Noah......

• Like 1

(edited)

WHITE FLAG BEING MADE OR BROKEN ARROW ?

IMG_5066.thumb.jpg.acdccbcbdff09187872200ea8d95fd34.jpg

Edited by James Regan
Hands Up Im a LTO Troll

9 hours ago, James Regan said:

My first drill ship the AB (Able Seaman for the lounge lizards) was Noah......

😂 At one time I actually held a Liberian AB ticket! Along with a Liberian Oilers ticket and a Liberian Survival Craft Crewman ticket.

This was back in my SEDCO days.

If regulations that requires capturing all nat gas we’re in place not only would the air be less polluted but the oil and gas markets wouldn’t be getting killed by overproduction. Think of all the digital pulling of the hair and knashing of the teeth that could have been saved by the red right over the profit margins of their campaign finance FF brothers.

On 3/4/2020 at 3:08 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

This article is a schizophrenic scattershot of some bizarre ideas. 

I agree it is probably a good idea for the U.S. to increase LNG exports. 

But where the heck are the Right Wingers in the House of Representatives getting off on claiming Russia and China's natural gas is dirtier than U.S. LNG and Natural Gas? 

Methane is Methane.  Natural Gas is CH4 - Methane.  LNG is purified, super-chilled, condensed CH4 - Methane.

And no, increasing coal exports is a bad idea.  I don't think coal is good to burn for generating electricity.  These geniuses are apparently claiming that U.S. coal is less polluting than Russian or Chinese coal.    < eye roll >

And all of this Republican mess of ideas is to reduce "Global Warming" buzzwords?     < < bigger eye roll > >

The claim that the U.S. produces natural gas and coal in a cleaner manner than Russia and China produce their natural gas and coal is misleading ... a drop in the bucket in the global hydrocarbon energy picture.

Most politicians really are pandering nuts.  Yes, both Democrats and Republicans.

House Republicans call on Trump to promote fossil fuel exports to curb climate change

House Republicans led by Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy are pushing the White House to promote U.S. fossil fuel exports as a way to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions and combat climate change.

[ This ^ makes my head hurt ... ]

McCarthy and the GOP leaders of energy and climate-related committees are preparing to send a letter to White House officials urging them to "ensure that U.S. low carbon technologies and natural resources play a significant role" in replacing dirtier alternatives "peddled by foreign adversaries such as China and Russia."

“Such a strategic approach would bolster our economy and strengthen global energy security, all while reducing global emissions," reads the letter, obtained exclusively by the Washington Examiner.

The Trump administration has long encouraged exports of U.S. coal and gas as a way to confront foreign adversaries such as Russia and China and lift the economic fortunes of domestic fossil fuel producers. But President Trump, a skeptic of climate change, does not speak about the opportunity of using U.S. energy resources to reduce emissions.  ...

House Republicans say the United States should look to take advantage of projections showing continued global demand for fossil fuels by exporting more American oil and gas, which is generally produced more cleanly in the U.S. than in competitor nations.

“If not for American natural gas and other efficient fuel sources, China or Russia would be setting the standard for the world,” Walden told the Washington Examiner.

Republicans argue that exporting U.S. liquefied natural gas via tanker vessels to Europe and China can provide a cleaner alternative to Russian gas supplied by pipeline, which has historically been a cheaper option. Moscow is poised to increase its export capability by completing the controversial Nord Stream 2 pipeline with Germany, a project the Trump administration, working with Congress, has sought unsuccessfully to stop.

“We already know that Germany is willing to damage Europe’s energy security with Nord Stream 2,” Graves told the Washington Examiner. “Most people don’t appreciate that their embrace of dirty Putin gas also undermines global efforts to reduce emissions.”

House Republicans also encourage more coal exports in their letter, claiming that coal is produced with fewer emissions in the U.S. than in China or Russia.  ...

Hyperbole claims by red Republicans is business as usual when it comes to FF. Move on, nothing to see other than redundant rhetoric. But thanks for that moment of honesty.