Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PT

Majority unlikely to use self-driving cars

New poll conducted by Gallup reveals that nobody is excited about riding in driverless cars. The poll reports that 54 percent of people are unlikely to use self-driving cars. Furthermore, 59 percent of respondents would be uncomfortable riding in them and 62 percent would be nervous sharing the road with them. Fifty percent of men are reticent about self-driving cars, compared to 58 percent of women. Only 28 percent of males and 22 percent of females are enthusiastic about the technology.

I am sure it will take some time (and infrastructure). Just remember that in early 1980's, most people were against computers 

2 minutes ago, Joanna said:

I am sure it will take some time (and infrastructure). Just remember that in early 1980's, most people were against computers 

or mobile phone, online shopping, e-book...

I also was wholeheartedly against getting a Smartphone back in the day. Times and people do change, but I still can't see the driverless car

14 minutes ago, Meanwhile said:

New poll conducted by Gallup reveals that nobody is excited about riding in driverless cars. The poll reports that 54 percent of people are unlikely to use self-driving cars. Furthermore, 59 percent of respondents would be uncomfortable riding in them and 62 percent would be nervous sharing the road with them. Fifty percent of men are reticent about self-driving cars, compared to 58 percent of women. Only 28 percent of males and 22 percent of females are enthusiastic about the technology.

I surely don't want to use in this early stage. Give it a decade

I already ride in self-driving vehicles, they're called buses, taxis...

• Upvote 1

was just waiting for someone to bring that up .... 

Self-driving cars can't be less safe than teenage drivers and the super elderly, can they? I'm all in because, as Rodent pointed out, we always say things like this. My 75-year-old mother dissed smartphones and now she's glued to hers ...

I am all for new tech, but still can't see the point of self-driving cars

Self-driving cars are the future if we are to achieve better road safety but the technology is just at the early stage so I don't see this happening for another 10-20 years yet.