BB

MBS has asked the former Saudi Energy Minister Al-Falih to talk to Russia's Novak

3 hours ago, Tomasz said:

Gentlemen, if in Russia is going to be extremelly  bad then in my opinion Russian-backed Iranians or fighters from Yemen will simply once again destroy the oil fields in Saudi Arabia or somewhere else in the world.

The fundamental difference is that Russia is a great nuclear power and second strongest army in the world and Saudi Arabia is not.

At the moment I will not be surprised if the Yemen suddenly come into possession of a very modern weapon and even now the Saudi army of mercenaries in this conflict is strongly discrediting proving that modern Western equipment is not everything.

As the experience of North Korea teaches, and on the other hand Libya or Ukraine  truly independent is only the country with atomic weapons - this is a real attribute of power, so many countries in the world are following Kim's model to get it.

I would recommend  a sober article from Spectator by no means from RT why the policy of the young ruler of Saudi Arabia is stupid.

The fact is also that in my opinion KSA no longer has such a protective umbrella from the US Trump administration  and this is a fundamental change that MSB is probably not fully aware

This is also the reason why, although I will probably sadden many people at the moment, no normal sensible person  in western ellite will ever impose very severe sanctions on Russia. Even the most stubborn neocons realize thats suicide is imposing such sanctions on a country with 8,000 nuclear missiles.

Many people in the West were really extremely terrified that in the 90s some dirty post-Soviet atomic bomb would fall into the hands of Al-Qaeda or other radicals, and eventually it would explode in New York City.This can be read in the memories of the members of the western elite from the 90s, especially when the Russian influential general Lebied threw out the attention that about 20 dirty bombs were lost in the 90s. It turned out to be wrong but really at that time in the American secret services a red alarm was announced because the World Trade Center could not the worst that ultimately happened in New York and the USA.

Such sanctions in my opinion can be reasonably imposed on Iran or Venezuela and not Russia with all your reluctance because it threatens with a potential catastrophe with unpredictable consequences.

Maybe if the Russians would attack Germany or Great Britain, then I can imagine it. But not in the situation of Ukraine, whether you like it or not, it has been in the Russian sphere of influence for over 350 years and I think that President Ronald Reagan and his administration have never assumed that they will try to include Ukraine into NATO.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/crude-tactics-russia-and-saudi-arabia-s-war-over-oil-prices

image.png

It isn't that Trump is keeping forces in the ME to protect Saudi. They are there to prevent Russia or China (via Iran) from controlling it. There was already a Turkish skirmish with Assad and his Russian and Iranian sponsored terrorists. US definitely didn't mind that some Syrian military assets and planes were lost. The drone power demonstration was definitely followed carefully. 

Russia is not going to rattle atomic sabers against a financial sanctions regime and an attack on its oil and gas exports. That would end up cutting it off from the entire world completely. 

During those 350 years, Ukraine was hardly independent and national identity was incidental to sovereignty, not the basis of it. Russia under the Czar was no different from Ukraine Tatarstan any Turkish peoples under him. It was property of the "divinely" appointed royal house. Same as Hapsburgs and their collection of nationalities. So the history of the long gone past and the current state and future are far from each other and Russia can not make historic claims on Ukraine because of its former control over it. It is an INDEPENDENT country.  

• Upvote 1

On 3/10/2020 at 10:46 PM, BLA said:

Let the market forces work it out.

tell that to folks on this site that are moaning about price dumping.... 

LTO, marginal offshore is the big losers in the current crisis. 

(edited)

12 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

tell that to folks on this site that are moaning about price dumping.... 

LTO, marginal offshore is the big losers in the current crisis. 

ITS A RACE TO FILL UP THE SPARE STORAGE CAPACITY

WHEN STORAGE FULL IT WILL GET REALLY REALLY NASTY.

THE REALITY IS .  .  .  .  EVEN IF RUSSIA AGREED TO THE 1.5 MILLION CUT OR EVEN DOUBLE THAT  OIL WOULD STILL BE DOWN TO $30 WHERE IT IS RIGHT NOW.

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF DEMAND DESTRUCTION IN THE U.S. and EU.

Saudis v. Russia , MBS v. PUTIN and OPEC+ is just a side show at this point.  

People are just starting to realize the affect on the whole economy. 

Tired of the oil employees, producers and land owners whining.   Everyone is hurting. 

China destroyed both the supply and the demand at the same time.  U.S. had a choice .  Protect the nation's health and shut the economy down.

The Fed policy  yesterday does not make sense.  

The Feds need to decide who they bail out and how they bail out.  Have to wait and see. 

My guess is those over leveraged shale producers that were on the brink before will be toward the bottom of the list.  

Edited by BLA
  • Upvote 1