MK

Poland closes all schools and kindergartens for 2 weeks. Children are the most efficient, stealth spreaders of coronavirus.

(edited)

40 minutes ago, Tomasz said:

Of course, I support quarantine, but Marcin should take into account that for Poland it will be the worst economic year for 2-3 decades.

This crisis I am afraid will hit the Polish economy very hard because the budget for today is already detached from reality and we fired out of all anti-crisis activities in times of prosperity.

We are at odds with all neighbors. We are in the state of the Cold War with Russia, the most powerful neighbor, so Russia responds to long-term anti-Russian propaganda and I watch Russian television with exactly the same anti-Polish propaganda.

One of our strengths was good relations with Germany and the fact that generally the Russians, despite all Polish Russophobia, generally had a very friendly attitude towards Poles. For years, the Russians have been working on it simply doing nothing but explaining to the Russians word for word the most bizarre racist articles from the Polish press on inosmi.ru

Even on the subject of the World Cup - an article from Germany a great tournament. The article in Great Britain Russia is what it is but the tournament was beautiful. An leading article from Poland from the largest newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza - finally, Russian women could have sex with pure Europeans, not dirty smelly Russians.

We have some totally sick visions of Polish power dictating the conditions to Russia and Germany at the same time.

Last time, such a sick sanation-style policy finally ended with the Ribentrop-Molotov Pact.

I just commented about schools in times of plague, and it was not meant to be political.

But I admit, 80% of above is spot on analysis. This government is really a populistic one, they are bringing us all down in such a fast pace that I am more astonished each month. But this PIS is a party of not educated, poor, angry people.

PIS somehow was able to convince these lower classes that their bad fate is not the effect of their own ineptitude but the fault of richer, smarter people that prevent them from better lives.

I hope that they will not be able to completely trash economy because of checks in Constitution relating to 60% public debt ceiling. But on the other hand they laugh at Constitution, their voters think it is curse word already.

But among people I do not see any change in moods regarding other nations: Germans, Russians or Ukrainians. We have some many Ukrainians, speaking mainly Russian (people no longer notice that is Russian spoken everywhere in public places it is so common, and I think Russian speaking community feels well in Poland)  that Poles are definitely not anti-Russian, anti-Ukrainian at people-to-people level.

Foreign posturing of current government is for domestic reasons.

At current times of hegemonic rivalry, I do not think that Russia would attack any NATO country, US would just love to strike back.

US actions in Ukraine and earlier in Georgia were just typical proxy wars, nothing new, old tricks.

That is why Russia would try its best this year to cripple US shale, with prices under 30 till at least November 2020.

You can see at this forum how much despair it already created.

Edited by Marcin2
typo

“So the government's 60% number could be 70%-90%, and that's just with problems I'm coming up with.”

If the model is in error, why couldn’t the governments 60% number just as well be 30%-50% instead of 70%-90%?

That’s the problem I’m coming up with.

The number of coronavirus cases is a total mystery.

For example, there are 200 or 300 of them in Poland.

At the same time, over 300,000 flu cases were diagnosed in Poland in the first two weeks of March.

I am not talking about attacking Poland, I am simply stating that if in at least 1% of  cases the doctor confused coronavirus with ordinary flu, there are not 200 or 300 cases but at least 3,000. And so it is probably all over the world.

• Like 1