Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

EU Countries Are Signing New Legislation To Remove Geo Blocking From Online Shopping

With this new legislation, EU is making a space to widen consumer choice and open business opportunities. Europe has to be a common space for all citizens, their freedom and equal opportunities....

Really? So, I can buy insurance in France to serve Italy. I mean, usual EU nonsense.

• Downvote 1

Quite a long way to go before copyright blocking is a thing of the past.

"Services where the main feature is the provision of access to and use of copyright protected content, or the selling of copyright protected works in an intangible form, such as music streaming services, e-books, online games and software, are excluded from the scope of the regulation. But this will be subject to a review by the Commission.

Other services such as financial, audio-visual, transport, healthcare and social services are also excluded, in line with the Services Directive."

On 2/28/2018 at 7:30 AM, franco said:

Really? So, I can buy insurance in France to serve Italy. I mean, usual EU nonsense.

Actually, it's not a bad law... this makes online shopping a lot easier throughout the EU