It is interesting to me that there seem to be a few companies that are frequently complained about on various landowner and petroleum play forums as to unfair or illegal? treatments as far as payments etc on their leases and/or oil and gas wells. Chesapeake is probably the most mentioned and perhaps Range as a second. Accordingly, I try to avoid investing in any company which may have future legal liabilities from wide-spread poor practices. Belonging to these forums also gives me some perspective on evolving interest in various plays across the country.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, bluegill said:

It is interesting to me that there seem to be a few companies that are frequently complained about on various landowner and petroleum play forums as to unfair or illegal? treatments as far as payments etc on their leases and/or oil and gas wells. Chesapeake is probably the most mentioned and perhaps Range as a second. Accordingly, I try to avoid investing in any company which may have future legal liabilities from wide-spread poor practices. Belonging to these forums also gives me some perspective on evolving interest in various plays across the country.

I agree. These types of forums definitely help to see others perspectives and interests. What I like the most is the constant feed of new information that is being shared. We can't read everything - articles do pass me by at times.