ronwagn

Why Trump Is Right to Re-Open the Economy

18 minutes ago, CO Engineer said:

Thank you Yoshiro. The Devil (a.k.a anti-christ, Lucifer, Donald J Trump) pays people to troll anyone who casts him in a negative light. That they target your posting should be taken as an accolade.  Thank you again. Kindness will win this battle even if we think kindness will never overcome evil.

It is called Trump Derangement Syndrome. Seek help.  If you cannot put aside your bind hate to post something here meaningful or educational I'd suggest just logging back on to you're Tinder account in you're mom's basement and RELAX.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ralf Dekker said:

I cannot help still being doubtful on the Corona subject. We are taking draconian measures almost everywhere in the world. But the complete and reliable data we have on key figures such as the number of people either or not infected, with and without symptoms, serious illnesses and Corona provoked deaths are limited. The few complete data we do have, like from the Diamond Princess cruiseship or from South Korea, do not paint a very alarming picture. Isn't the cure way worse than the disease? 

Yes, but it does not mean the disease is not worthy of the response. The unfortunate reality of it, that the development of herd immunity that was the suggested solution adopted early on in the West and UK particularly was based on disinformation from China and an epidemiologist adviser who also happened to be a eugenicist. The virus turned out to be as deadly as  the surreptitious videos leaked out of China had shown. Dead bodies collected off the streets, taken out of apartment buildings in groups rather than single bodies. But that was all denied and was anecdotal evidence. The statistics were hidden and made to fit a smaller curve of epidemiologic models. 

The opportunity to shut down the disease was in early March. Before cases started showing up at hospitals. But few of the governors and mayors with the authority to do so took action. They all waited till it was too late, and results were showing up at hospitals. 

The extent of the shutdown is heavily over-reactive. The main source of contagion was schools universities and crowded events and bars and parties. Not work, not retail. In Italy, the slow shutdown didn't provide for a safe alternative for children so they were placed with the grandparents as workers were unaware that their own kids were infected without showing symptoms. So infected the elderly grandparents and got them selectively ill. In my family, I warned everyone to stay away from our mother and not bring the grandkids to visit her. 

We can see perfectly that the disease propagation came to a rather quick halt already, just days after the physical distancing policy was taken by the Federal government, and put into effect by the states. Where it was applied earlier, the health care system did better. High temperatures peaked earlier e.g. LA vs. NYC (King Co). This also shows the effect of population density as propagation is slower in low density geographies once kids are taken out of school, and faster in crowded high rise metros. 

We can see also that we have defeated the flu. And the US outside the big metros and their immediate suburbs is essentially going to have much less seasonal mortality than normal. Last map shows the rapidly slowing trend of the CV19 and flu virus as fewer than 1% of temperature measurements are showing fever, vs 3-3.5% for normal seasons in the heartland.

I noted that from the positive CV19 tests in NYC metro we can deduce roughly 80% infection rates, but less than 30% in CA metro areas. Given that DTLA is so dense, I was surprised that it had never become "hot" like Queens, NY or the Bronx. I think that is the role of the missing public transport practice in LA. It is a "stuck in traffic" geography. Vs. zooming underground in NYC, in sardine can conditions and touching endless surfaces touched by everyone else. 

image.thumb.png.6a30990938ceedfe05a1cd89d7895fa4.png

image.png.99d4636fa73a1ec840e5afa84cd2d99f.png

image.png.40ed94631e5d311fb403e61eb64a22b0.png

image.png.bb2bfb5e2c61e3f851b6df515775626a.png

We can see that the entire country is down in temperature trends now, and is so even in the hot spots around NYC Metro and the Eastern seaboard, Detroit, DC, Ohio valley, Nashville, and CA and WA are cooling. What is odd is that FL does not show up with less of a cooling trend, as its occurrence of high fevers is so very high, courtesy of spring break revelers leaving behind virus to get the permanent elderly residents. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:
2 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

It was oil embargo, Japanese war machine would be stalled soon cause no fuel. Japan had no chance for victory , the same as Germany. Pearl harbour was the most lucky day for Europe and East Asia, in a whole 20 century. It saved millions of people in Axis occuppied countries.

So I guess you are more knowledgeable about this subject than a noted historian with 3 other books to his credit

You really do have a remarkable resume!

Logistics is an essential matter for armies and a major target of war efforts. It is often overlooked by historians as both a target and motivator for war actions. In this case I think the modest direct efforts of the US in China were insufficient in themselves to have gotten Japan to attack and thus provoke US involvement in the war. 

1 hour ago, CO Engineer said:

THis post is a total pack of lies. Not only did China not withhold sampling but they sent multiple samples to the USA where the genome was sequenced in January. Wasting money and time on testing pet theories of the Quack in Chief will only delay the needed responses.

The lockdown is bending the curve according to the data which is yes suspect due to lack of test kits which BTW was part of the Quack in Chief's inaction plan. I say Darwin award for Quack in Chief. Inaction will kill more Cantaloupe supporters than social isolation. The Devil always does his own before going into hiding.

1 hour ago, CO Engineer said:

Thank you Yoshiro. The Devil (a.k.a anti-christ, Lucifer, Donald J Trump) pays people to troll anyone who casts him in a negative light. That they target your posting should be taken as an accolade.  Thank you again. Kindness will win this battle even if we think kindness will never overcome evil.

I'm confused.  Should Trump Derangement Symptom now be called

- Devil Derangement Symptom

- Anti-Christ Derangement Symptom

- Lucifer Derangement Symptom

- Xi is God Derangement Symptom

• Haha 2

(edited)

15 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Masks are pretty awful as a defence from getting the virus as when they become moist they stop being of much use. If you have The virus then it does help to stop you spreading it.

Trump stating wearing scarves will help is way off the mark!

Wearing a scarf of any kind is a lot better than nothing IMHO. You need to keep from inhaling the droplets. I would prefer that everyone wear a medical quality mask when out and near people. I started yesterday. It is more important to wash your hands frequently and stay as far away from people as possible. We wash our hands after receiving packages or handling new merchandise. Antibiotic sprays are also useful. 

If you don't wear prescription glasses wear some kind of glasses with large lenses and possibly even side shields (when in public).

Edited by ronwagn
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, CO Engineer said:

Here, lemme assuage your TDS itch with some more TDS.  It's amusing.

4lTLVi29.thumb.gif.b01791e4f62eeac7978f339ee63b7391.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, CO Engineer said:

THis post is a total pack of lies. Not only did China not withhold sampling but they sent multiple samples to the USA where the genome was sequenced in January. Wasting money and time on testing pet theories of the Quack in Chief will only delay the needed responses.

The lockdown is bending the curve according to the data which is yes suspect due to lack of test kits which BTW was part of the Quack in Chief's inaction plan. I say Darwin award for Quack in Chief. Inaction will kill more Cantaloupe supporters than social isolation. The Devil always does his own before going into hiding.

China sent no samples to the US. There was no virus but for one sample taken from the first recognized patient. If anything was provided later, I didn't check. But that would not have been in time to help. The genome was indeed published, I am sure they disappeared the guys who published it. 

Of course the lockdown bends the curve. In most of the US, the virus penetration was minor. They not only have no CV19, they don't have the flu any longer either. 

NYC metro to NJ etc. is now at 37% and 40% positive tests respectively at the state level, which comes up to about 47 and and 50% of symptomatics testing positive, which implies the penetration rate of infection is well North of 80%. 

I very much doubt that Trump is the one sabotaging the testing, since he did intervene to get the FDA and CDC to let private and hospital labs do the testing. The top ranks in both institutions are active Dems. It reeks of sabotage. It was their intervention to attempt stopping the little testing that was going on. The Seattle area hospital lab that identified the first positive case was literally threatened directly if they didn't stop testing by both agencies. Dems keep trying to point to them as doing the President's bidding, but they are independent agencies and the only way for the President to affect them is to threaten the entire agency's survival, or to gain control by having the agency staff in a national security setting so there would be a mechanism to deliver personal repercussions.   

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

Wearing a scarf of any kind is a lot better than nothing IMHO. You need to keep from inhaling the droplets. I would prefer that everyone wear a medical quality mask when out and near people. I started yesterday. It is more important to wash your hands frequently and stay as far away from people as possible. We wash our hands after receiving packages or handling new merchandise. Antibiotic sprays are also useful. 

Recent data sharing in Europe showed that wearing any kind of mask reduces your chances of airborne transmission substantially even if the fabric is not dense enough to capture individual virus (HEPA level). A bandanna on your face gets you most of the way there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Worth watching.  90 seconds.  Perspective.

https://twitter.com/CarpeDonktum/status/1245213690783322113?s=20

Powerful.  People on the left keep pointing at the POTUS and at us as being the problem.  While they continue on a seemingly self-destructive path to nowhere, but pain and misery.  Go figure!

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

So I guess you are more knowledgeable about this subject than a noted historian with 3 other books to his credit

You really do have a remarkable resume!

Douglas you said:

”The Pearl Harbor attack fundamentally altered the US relationship to the rest of the globe. The deepest underlying cause of the Japanese attack was US refusal to abandon China to Japanese aggression.”

I agree this was one of the causes, but bear in mind that Japan attacked Manchuria in 1931, and the Japanese invasion of China and genocide of Chinese population was over 4 years in the making, cause it started already in 1937.

Of course US imposed some sanctions on Japan after invasion of China in 1937, but Japan could function well for the next 50 years with these sanctions.

Public opinon in United States was of course evolving with the information from both European and Asian theaters, Japan entering Axis Pact in 1940 and so on.

But the direct cause of was total oil embargo and freeze of Japanese assets imposed by Roosevelt on 26 July 1941, after Japan seized oilfields in Indochina on 24 July 1941. British empire and Batavia joined.

Japan got 80% of oil imports from US, mainly California at the time.

Japan build vast stockpiles of oil and products - for 18 months of normal usage, but only for 1 year of intensive military effort.

So the clock started ticking on 1 August 1941 for Japan. The decision to attack Pearl Harbor was made after oil embargo was imposed.

This does not diminish heroic war effort of Americans in the Pacific Theater.

4 hours ago, Bob D said:

You introduce yourself to Oil Price by calling half the nation "Brain Dead" and then want to know why so many (you excluded of course 🙄) have to be on the extreme end.  Are you serious?  

In retrospect, I definitely should have used different terminology.  Bad judgment on my part.  Deepest apologies.  I am interested in discussion on different things with all the time I have now.

That said, re: extremes, I just see this stuff all the time.  On CNN, they are falling over themselves trying to prove the DT is an inept, lying, buffoon.  They don't have to try that hard, the evidence is there.  On Fox, they portray almost everything he does as being right and for the good of the nation.  Both of these viewpoints are embarrassing.  What about some balanced reporting of perhaps, I don't know, the facts? 

I watched DT say this was just like the flu and that it was "all under control" and would go away like a miracle very soon, and then he has totally changed his tune, now saying in no way did he say that.  That is BS, just embarrassing and it's on video that he did that.  That is not fake media.  This is where I start to think about the term "brain-dead" which I admittedly shouldn't have used.  But if you can look at the video evidence and just say the media is out to get Trump, where is your brain?  This was I guess my point.

His hatred of the free press is leading the country down a dangerous road.  Anyone who asks a question he doesn't like is immediately told that it was a snarky question and belittled.  Piece of work...

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

That China is where COVID 19 sprung from is fact.

That anyone can think that the CCP has the ability to forthright is naive. And yes, had they acted better this pandemic is contained to a few in China. The USA has enough inside China intel to know they were freaking about this, whether they told the outsold world or not. And the Chinese most definitely mislead.

China's malfeasance is not an excuse for US Huey, Duey, and Luey arguing with Donald actions (Donald the duck, not 45). This was coordinated about as well tracking Bin Laden prior to 9-11. We knew, but dropped the ball.

Tucker Carlson got it right, Trump and the lot really did believe early on this was another stupid Democrat/media BS drill. Had they listened to their own employees, we would have reacted differently.

I believe for a variety of reasons will emerge stronger and wiser for this. WWII is what set the USA up for decades of true greatness. We have the expertise, the best technology, a can do attitude that is the envy of the world. We just need the common focus and goal to get us off our individualist F you attitude occasionally. Ironic something as small as a virus might provide it.

Edited by John Foote
spell check
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

13 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

A Chinese woman proudly filmed herself buying huge amount of facemasks from multiple US supermarkets and loaded the masks onto her pickup truck.

"It feels so awesome to buy all the masks! I didn't leave a single mask for the Americans!"

1868098818_maskcrop.png.93c24c81f37cfe509e7810462a963a95.png

https://twitter.com/WBYeats1865/status/1244821557253255169

A racist comment at best.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/490373-attacks-on-asian-americans-at-about-100-per-day-due-to

An excerpt:

Racism against Asian Americans has surged as the coronavirus sweeps the U.S., with reports of hate crimes averaging approximately 100 per day, according to Rep. Judy Chu (D-Calif.).

Speaking live on MSNBC on Tuesday, Chu discussed the increase in assaults on Asians in the U.S. over misinformation regarding the coronavirus. She confirmed “at least 1,000 hate crimes incidents being reported against Asian Americans” after the pandemic arrived stateside.

Edited by D Coyne

10 minutes ago, D Coyne said:

A racist comment at best.

Yeah, that won't work very well on me.  My wife is Chinese Malaysian.  I am pretty familiar with Chinese culture.

The issue I have is not with the Chinese people, my issue is with the CCP (and CCP members).

The Chinese Communist Party is not the people of China.

The CCP is flooding U.S. and Western media with their propaganda.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

Douglas you said:

”The Pearl Harbor attack fundamentally altered the US relationship to the rest of the globe. The deepest underlying cause of the Japanese attack was US refusal to abandon China to Japanese aggression.”

I agree this was one of the causes, but bear in mind that Japan attacked Manchuria in 1931, and the Japanese invasion of China and genocide of Chinese population was over 4 years in the making, cause it started already in 1937.

Of course US imposed some sanctions on Japan after invasion of China in 1937, but Japan could function well for the next 50 years with these sanctions.

Public opinon in United States was of course evolving with the information from both European and Asian theaters, Japan entering Axis Pact in 1940 and so on.

But the direct cause of was total oil embargo and freeze of Japanese assets imposed by Roosevelt on 26 July 1941, after Japan seized oilfields in Indochina on 24 July 1941. British empire and Batavia joined.

Japan got 80% of oil imports from US, mainly California at the time.

Japan build vast stockpiles of oil and products - for 18 months of normal usage, but only for 1 year of intensive military effort.

So the clock started ticking on 1 August 1941 for Japan. The decision to attack Pearl Harbor was made after oil embargo was imposed.

This does not diminish heroic war effort of Americans in the Pacific Theater.

Here’s another novel (pun intended) idea!

If you and others disagree with:

”The Pearl Harbor attack fundamentally altered the US relationship to the rest of the globe. The deepest underlying cause of the Japanese attack was US refusal to abandon China to Japanese aggression.”

Then why don’t you read the damn book and find out how the author arrived at his conclusion? That is why I included the title of the book and the name of the author!!!!!
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Yeah, that won't work very well on me.  My wife is Chinese Malaysian.  I am pretty familiar with Chinese culture.

The issue I have is not with the Chinese people, my issue is with the CCP (and CCP members).

Long live us with Chinese wives!!!!😂

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Long live us with Chinese wives!!!!😂

Here, here!  I've had 2.  Fantastic women, both.  Thai now, and even better.  Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Here, here!  I've had 2.  Fantastic women, both.  Thai now, and even better.  Cheers!

If only the gweimois realized their competition in Asia.....😂

• Like 3

8 hours ago, UNC12345 said:

His hatred of the free press is leading the country down a dangerous road.  Anyone who asks a question he doesn't like is immediately told that it was a snarky question and belittled.  Piece of work...

You got TDS bad eh? 

I, like Trump, hate arrogant lying propagandist sacks of shit. 

Everyone loves the press.... when they aren't arrogant lying propagandist sacks of shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

You got TDS bad eh? 

I, like Trump, hate arrogant lying propagandist sacks of shit. 

Everyone loves the press.... when they aren't arrogant lying propagandist sacks of shit. 

It really becomes clear why he has such rock-solid support.  Do you really consider it honesty on his part when he says that he knew how bad it would get and didn't minimize it even though he said it was like the flu and would miraculously go away?  You consider this episode to be lying by the press?  Could you address that specifically? 

I'm not totally sure what TDS is but I think asking some honesty of our leaders and asking them to admit when they're completely wrong (and not lie about it blatantly) is a reasonable thing.  

1 hour ago, UNC12345 said:

It really becomes clear why he has such rock-solid support.  Do you really consider it honesty on his part when he says that he knew how bad it would get and didn't minimize it even though he said it was like the flu and would miraculously go away?  You consider this episode to be lying by the press?  Could you address that specifically? 

I'm not totally sure what TDS is but I think asking some honesty of our leaders and asking them to admit when they're completely wrong (and not lie about it blatantly) is a reasonable thing.  

EUhXTvXWsAIoGt8.jpeg.6deacef5750a3878e7d

• Great Response! 3

17 hours ago, UNC12345 said:

In retrospect, I definitely should have used different terminology.  Bad judgment on my part.  Deepest apologies.  I am interested in discussion on different things with all the time I have now.

That said, re: extremes, I just see this stuff all the time.  On CNN, they are falling over themselves trying to prove the DT is an inept, lying, buffoon.  They don't have to try that hard, the evidence is there.  On Fox, they portray almost everything he does as being right and for the good of the nation.  Both of these viewpoints are embarrassing.  What about some balanced reporting of perhaps, I don't know, the facts? 

I watched DT say this was just like the flu and that it was "all under control" and would go away like a miracle very soon, and then he has totally changed his tune, now saying in no way did he say that.  That is BS, just embarrassing and it's on video that he did that.  That is not fake media.  This is where I start to think about the term "brain-dead" which I admittedly shouldn't have used.  But if you can look at the video evidence and just say the media is out to get Trump, where is your brain?  This was I guess my point.

In retrospect .... you're a jerk.  You insult half of America then only wish you would have said it differently.  No apology, just wish you'd hadn't been caught.  You are a jerk!!

Feb 25    Pelsoi says come to Chinatown   It's safe

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=nancy+pelosi+chinatown+Feb+25&docid=607988337307487063&mid=956F9EBA51EBA39DE27D956F9EBA51EBA39DE27D&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Nancy says it's all under control.  I assume since you're so fair minded your next post will be to blast Nancy and the Dems.  Then you'll blast CNN, MSNBC, NY TImes and the rest of the liberal media for NOT bringing this to your attention.  It must be exhausting being a liberal.  You NEVER get the other side of the story ... just the biased Liberal 'take down trump' & 'support the Dems' side.  Conservatives get your side crammed down our throats by every media outlet other a handful.  We see both sides.  Your side is pathetic, Monday morning QB, self righteous BS.  

Let me correct another part of your drivel ... The media's hatred of Donald Trump is leading us down a dangerous road.  They lie. make up stories, use unattributed quotes, covet classified leaks all in an effort to harm the President.  

Lastly .. you enter the converstaion insulting people with snarky belittling comments.  Piece of work

• Upvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

It's interesting discussion for sure.  Thank you Bob for setting my Liberal ass straight.  You might be interested to know that I'm not actually a liberal, just really dislike a lot of what DT stands for and how he has made the USA look.  A few things....

Were you aware that when someone writes "Deepest apologies.", they are indeed being sorry for something? 

You never actually addressed my question about Trump, just went to attack mode.  I did not know this about Nancy Pelosi, but good  to know.  Thanks for informing me.  The fact that she did this is shameful as well, if she should have known different.  Does this give Trump a pass after saying this stuff to the nation in a critical address when he knew, or should have known, how bad it was going to get based on advice from people who know what they are talking about.  Although, he does fire pretty much everyone in his general area if they disagree with him.

Your turn.

19 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Tom,

My wife is Korean.  I would prefer she not be attacked due to posts like yours that encourage the haters.