Tom Kirkman

Russia's Rosneft Oil Company announces termination of its activity in Venezuela

2 hours ago, 0R0 said:

Those are missing their support vessels, I don't know if Britain can afford to finish building them. Their separate electronics (radar etc.) destroyers antimissile ships countermeasures platforms and destroyers. The carrier itself is not enough. The carrier group of support ships makes the carrier more than just a big target. 

BUT....they could join a Yank battle group for a symbiotic relationship. An ally with assets is better than one without!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

”Now I realise why we've been building two aircraft carriers and NO Doug they are not built buy Dyson!“

Well, a Wimpie designed aircraft carrier should be interesting!😂
(That’s a joke mate! Calm down!)

Didn’t know that you guys were building two new carriers...good job!

If I’m not mistaken you are also building a new state of the art submarine now also.

Now if you could just do something about that cuisine...🤔

Are talking about the same Dyson of Vacuum cleaner fame? If so he's building respirators. Also dont base our cuisine in living in Tillydrone or Torry in Aberdeen we invented the Deep-fried Mars Bars FFS- Dyson is now leading the front on Respirators, very smart man, you probably dried your hands a million times with this legends blow job hand dryer.

• Haha 1

Just now, Douglas Buckland said:

BUT....they could join a Yank battle group for a symbiotic relationship. An ally with assets is better than one without!

Brits made the offer to run the groups - once completed, with UK sailors and US command. But they wanted help finishing up the carrier groups. Not an acceptable ask. They need to finish building the support boats or buy them from the US. 

The Trump deal structure is the opposite of the Bretton Woods universal deals. No WTO, bilateral relationship for mercantile benefit of the US, in return you get US Navy and military support to protect your shipping, and you don't do trade deals with China. You don't get protection without paying for it one way or the other. Trump is turning what Peter Zeihan calls a bribe (join our side against the Soviets and we give you unlimited access to US markets and protect your shipping) into a business deal where the US is for hire for its mercantile benefit, meaning your markets are freely open to US goods and services, you pay for the Navy bill. Nobody has strategic value. 

That is why Duterte of the Philippines went to China to impress Trump with how important his country is. He was expecting the US to pay him to use the islands, Trump said that he would be happy to reopen US bases there if Duterte pays for them. Duterte thinks there is strategic value in the Philippines, for the US to contain China. But that isn't true. The US is protecting China's enormous shipping volumes. The Philippines can just poach the boats - if they dare, which they might if the US were there to protect them from retaliation, so the US is a strategic asset to the Philippines, not the other way round.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Are talking about the same Dyson of Vacuum cleaner fame? If so he's building respirators. Also dont base our cuisine in living in Tillydrone or Torry in Aberdeen we invented the Deep-fried Mars Bars FFS- Dyson is now leading the front on Respirators, very smart man, you probably dried your hands a million times with this legends blow job hand dryer.

Once again Jimmy, you are behind the times...😂

Dyson and his leap into ventilators has already been mentioned.

Typical Wizard of the Black Art.

(edited)

5 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Once again Jimmy, you are behind the times...😂

Dyson and his leap into ventilators has already been mentioned.

Oh it was so last week, sorry I haven't had time to keep my eye on OP, just randomly jumping in to keep in lively. Im going back to Linked-In with the morons who get me......

Linked-IN in easy pickings, the targets here are more informed so best I head back there. LOL

Is there a version if CV19 that only affects the brain if so I may have it.......

Edited by James Regan
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, James Regan said:

Oh it was so last week, sorry I haven't had time to keep my eye on OP, just randomly jumping in to keep in lively. Im going back to Linked-In with the morons who get me......

‘...the morons who get me...’ 

That is worrisome to say the least!

Hey! Did you see the photo of the Geolograph? Brought a tear to my eye...😂

• Upvote 1

(edited)

7 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Yes we stay in our hole always disrespected for our humungous salaries, until the shit hits the fan then we become the all seeing eye, and normally we end up bailing the rig wreckers out of the shite. Worth every penny when it comes to nut cutting time......

Edited by James Regan
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, James Regan said:

Yes we stay in our hole always disrespected for our humungous salaries, until the shit hits the fan then we become the all seeing eye, and normally we end up bailing the rig wreckers out of the shite. Worth every penny when it comes to nut cutting time......

If you see a button flashing Doug, DONT TOUCH IT CALL ME......

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

‘...the morons who get me...’ 

That is worrisome to say the least!

Hey! Did you see the photo of the Geolograph? Brought a tear to my eye...😂

NO WHERE IS IT, WE NEED TO CAPTURE IT ITS A UNICORN

6 hours ago, James Regan said:

The only problem is all our hospitals are going to sound like this 24/7

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, 0R0 said:

Those are missing their support vessels, I don't know if Britain can afford to finish building them. Their separate electronics (radar etc.) destroyers antimissile ships countermeasures platforms and destroyers. The carrier itself is not enough. The carrier group of support ships makes the carrier more than just a big target. 

I think they will probably be completed and don't seem too far off now, they are undergoing sea trials at the moment. The support ships we have are 13 older Type 23 frigates and 6 modern type 45 destroyers which have AESA radar. But we're very integrated with the US military probably more so than any other country.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

James, thanks for the article. I have signed up for all of the Atlantic Council newsletters. I have never come across their newsletters before, that I can recall.

I read recently that Russia negotiated another year of pipeline passage toll through Ukraine due to our delaying work on the new Russian pipeline. 

On 3/29/2020 at 4:16 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

Spot on.  Clinton Collusion would be more accurate.

Hillary was a strange one, given the chance I think she would have become the Dems Nixon. 

Folks who dislike her politics forget two worse things to dislike. One, she was mean as snake, Nixonian mean and cunning, and two she was a serious student of government and policy wonk and could have made it work for her. Trump ties one hand behind his back because he and his team struggles with the overall system. He was hired for that fact, but it also works against him. 

Regarding Russia, they were seriously scared of Hillary. They had their favorite candidates in the race, anyone but Hillary. The machine part of the state department and congress have smacked Russia, but Trump himself embarrassing soft on that one. Of course I come from a Cold War warrior perspective and would have bombed their facility in Syria. Our forces did come head to head on the ground once, completely wiped their ass Russian. Turkey is quietly kicking their ass in the few head to heads. But a stable Syria, even with Asad, is better than chaos (see Iraq as evidence). I admit to being an over the top hawk concerning Russia. Although one of my best vacations in recent years was to Russia. 

Bill was a scroung and a hound. But if you were married to Hillary would you have stepped out? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John Foote said:

Hillary was a strange one, given the chance I think she would have become the Dems Nixon. 

Folks who dislike her politics forget two worse things to dislike. One, she was mean as snake, Nixonian mean and cunning, and two she was a serious student of government and policy wonk and could have made it work for her. Trump ties one hand behind his back because he and his team struggles with the overall system. He was hired for that fact, but it also works against him. 

Regarding Russia, they were seriously scared of Hillary. They had their favorite candidates in the race, anyone but Hillary. The machine part of the state department and congress have smacked Russia, but Trump himself embarrassing soft on that one. Of course I come from a Cold War warrior perspective and would have bombed their facility in Syria. Our forces did come head to head on the ground once, completely wiped their ass Russian. Turkey is quietly kicking their ass in the few head to heads. But a stable Syria, even with Asad, is better than chaos (see Iraq as evidence). I admit to being an over the top hawk concerning Russia. Although one of my best vacations in recent years was to Russia. 

Bill was a scroung and a hound. But if you were married to Hillary would you have stepped out? 

BILLARY  (Bill and Hillary) , would have been the PUTINATOR's puppets. He had his hands and fingers so deep into them, it would seem like the alien from that alien movie bursting out at some point. The Clinton Foundation and all their connections for hundreds of millions of $$$ coming directly from the tentacles of the Putinator and going into their pockets. Why isnt there any investigation into the finances of the Foundation? The Putinator's fav. in the race was Hillary,.

• Like 1

Even if I take your side, like a great mobster she would have squeezed them harder and harder to get more.

As a no friend of oil and gas, she'd be happy to take them down a painful road there. Win win, good with her public constituency, good on the back door payola. 

The reason you don't see more investigations, hell, Trump could order it. It would take down a lot more than Hillary. It's bipartisan protectionism.

1 minute ago, John Foote said:

Even if I take your side, like a great mobster she would have squeezed them harder and harder to get more.

As a no friend of oil and gas, she'd be happy to take them down a painful road there. Win win, good with her public constituency, good on the back door payola. 

The reason you don't see more investigations, hell, Trump could order it. It would take down a lot more than Hillary. It's bipartisan protectionism.

You dont have to take my side.

Facts are facts, Hillary would have put a federal ban on hydraulic fracturing and put limits on offshore drilling to keep her left wing , foaming at the mouth anti oil, anti coal, anti gas mobs happy. She would have boosted Russian oil and gas industry and their production and exports , while put shackles on the US oil and gas industry. There is no denying that fact!!! She would have taken the US oil and gas industry down but not the Russkies.

• Upvote 2

On 3/28/2020 at 11:18 PM, ronwagn said:

I don't think anyone suggested that! I just want them to stop their aggressions and get out of Venezuela. Maduro is not a legitimately elected leader. He did a political coup by taking over the Supreme Court. He completely changed it. 

Ron,

Correct that Maduro is illegitimate but that is because his 2018 re-election was fraudulent, the National Assembly expanded the Supreme Court in December of 2015, while controlled by the Chavistas, before the opposition took over control.  Related certainly but not the same.  Unfortunately US policy at this point is completely incoherent, going from putting a price on Maduro and Godgiven's head to supporting a transition government that would not only give the current regime influence but also negotiating position.

https://apnews.com/26688c9f86f7154cf3f8a3f34cf48ed0

• Upvote 1

(edited)

That is an excellent article by AP who I usually find to be very left leaning. This is the first I have heard of these ideas. They sound unworkable and like they would lead nowhere but would be better than the status quo under the coronavirus threat. 

My thought is that this will end up like Panama, with the narcoterrorist leader going into an American prison. The timeline is long range though.

What I would like to see is for FDPSA to facilitate the matter with our support of their actions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_for_the_Progress_and_Development_of_South_America

Edited by ronwagn

15 hours ago, ceo_energemsier said:

Facts are facts, Hillary would have put a federal ban on hydraulic fracturing and put limits on offshore drilling to keep her left wing ,

And we going to have a free wall by Trump. Forget what folks campaign on, what do they do.

Clintons just never came out of the closet per say, but Clintons are quite friendly to big biz/bucks. One reason she lost, failed to motivate true liberals, they knew who benefits and a lot stayed at home and didn't vote. Her core constituency didn't believe her (imaging that, hahaha). Remember she ran unopposed for the dem's nomination and still almost lost (Sanders was not a registered dem at the time). Her willingness to sell out to China in trade is a far bigger deal to me.

29 minutes ago, John Foote said:

And we going to have a free wall by Trump. Forget what folks campaign on, what do they do.

Clintons just never came out of the closet per say, but Clintons are quite friendly to big biz/bucks. One reason she lost, failed to motivate true liberals, they knew who benefits and a lot stayed at home and didn't vote. Her core constituency didn't believe her (imaging that, hahaha). Remember she ran unopposed for the dem's nomination and still almost lost (Sanders was not a registered dem at the time). Her willingness to sell out to China in trade is a far bigger deal to me.

She and Bill and Al Gore the Bore , already sold out to the Chinese and they sold out to the Russkies too and to the Gulf States and anyone else who threw money @ them.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 9:48 AM, ceo_energemsier said:

She and Bill and Al Gore the Bore , already sold out to the Chinese and they sold out to the Russkies too and to the Gulf States and anyone else who threw money @ them.

From my perspective, the sell out started big time in the late 90s (yes, Clinton time, with a Republican cheering this part of him on). And the race to China seriously accelerated under Bush43. Change in the White House now, but not the rank and file senator in the Republican party. The House has had more turnover, but that's the nature of that beast. The McConnells of the world are as guilty as them come.  Nadar was correct in many ways saying there is no difference (at the time Gore/Bush43). Not that I align with him although I admire his ethics. 

The only real difference for most folks in the dem/rep mess is cultural b.s.. There is a fundamental difference in oil and gas policies, but that didn't keep the Obama years from being overall good, Trump can't save coal, and the COVID economics will mess oil and gas for quite some time. In the end it's the market that usually wins. Which is capitalism.

Funny thing, go back to the 80s it was dems fighting NAFTA/China and reps for it. Trump was the one that spun it around for the party, despite what they wanted. Big Business drove the trend, not what folks vote for/against.