James Regan

KSA taking Missiles from ?

(edited)

On 3/29/2020 at 5:39 PM, 0R0 said:

It has an economic cost to the US. Not a benefit. The benefit is for the US government for strategic purposes and control both at home and abroad. The current rush to cash and the movement to treasuries during the crisis response shows what the purpose of the dollar system is - it allows the US to go into total war footing while foreign countries scramble for dollars and treasuries that fund it. The foreign dollar debtors and even just traders running through the dollar system go into hock and dump assets while US government can pick its domestic winners and losers to fight the problem at hand and save some of the economy from liquidation and mass unemployment. Obviously, the Dems picked some industries to be losers, like airlines and energy. 

The point of gold is that if you sequester it for monetary use you don't damage the economy. Its uses are limited and substitutable . If you do so with silver then you do industrial damage. 

The drawback to gold is that it can't support an empire or a total war effort since it is always restricting liquidity. The financial flexibility in a gold system does not come from the power of the reserve issuer's privilege but from the willingness of others to support it with release of actual gold to finance a hegemon's war debt. 

The U.S. is established as the international currency standard for many reasons.

Not because because of the petrol dollar. Not because OPEC producers base their oil price and payment on the U.S. dollar. 

Edited by BLA
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 2:38 PM, James Regan said:

I imagine the poor F$%Ver on the pointed end.

It never amazes me how much disrespect for life there is on this forum at times, current situation on topic, did you have the same attitude at 9/11- I would think not, I would hope not.

Those of us who have left the confines of safe, Western countries often find that most of the world does not care about human life.  We then find that respecting life when your opponent does not is a recipe for failure.

To wit: I've seen how the Middle East behaves.  Screw 'em. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 3/29/2020 at 5:10 PM, James Regan said:

Sorry for you loss. (I hate that generic saying but its frequent in US culture)

Again you're implying that KSA was responsible for 9/11.

What do you know of the Kashoggi and his family? Go look up the Safari Club. Carrying out the USAs dirty work in Africa, there's more to the Kashoggis than a reporter being butchered. Many more were butchered by his family, amongst this his uncle was the biggest private and commercial arms dealer in the ME.

Safari Club 

Don't see the connection.

Saudi Arabia was part of the Safari Club. 

MBS can kill Kashoggi because his uncle was an arms dealer ?

I just feel rationalizing Saudi brutal behavior is wrong.  They have bigger problems now.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, BenFranklin'sSpectacles said:

Those of us who have left the confines of safe, Western countries often find that most of the world does not care about human life.  We then find that respecting life when your opponent does not is a recipe for failure.

To wit: I've seen how the Middle East behaves.  Screw 'em. 

I grew up in ME and have worked all over the world , watching how many Americans take their attitudes with them and are very brave while confined to the rig, but get them in the mainstream of said country  you see how they have zero regard for culture or how suddenly they don't have the same attitude they had while working. - Seen it all buddy, I managed to get on as I treated everyone with respect my attitude was never screw them, I was in their country.

Saying that some were not, but the majority most definitely. - Fair due and hands up I was oilfield trash also.

Over 40 countries and 100s of rig sites under my belt - Never felt like killing anyone after.

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 1

(edited)

Looks like someone (probably PKK) blew up the gas pipeline from Iran to Turkey

Edited by El Nikko
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, James Regan said:

I grew up in ME and have worked all over the world , watching how many Americans take their attitudes with them and are very brave while confined to the rig, but get them in the mainstream of said country  you see how they have zero regard for culture or how suddenly they don't have the same attitude they had while working. - Seen it all buddy, I managed to get on as I treated everyone with respect my attitude was never screw them, I was in their country.

Saying that some were not, but the majority most definitely. - Fair due and hands up I was oilfield trash also.

Over 40 countries and 100s of rig sites under my belt - Never felt like killing anyone after.

It's one thing to behave respectfully around other people.  It's another thing entirely to trust them with matters of importance or invest resources in their well being. 

Tit-for-tat is a dominant strategy; failing to learn from experience is not.  The Middle East has always played hardball with other people's lives.  Until that changes, we must play hardball with theirs.  It's just business. 

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
--- Attributed to General James Mattis, USMC

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BenFranklin'sSpectacles said:

It's one thing to behave respectfully around other people.  It's another thing entirely to trust them with matters of importance or invest resources in their well being. 

Tit-for-tat is a dominant strategy; failing to learn from experience is not.  The Middle East has always played hardball with other people's lives.  Until that changes, we must play hardball with theirs.  It's just business. 

Brilliant - Respect. 😉

• Upvote 2

(edited)

Skip to around 8 minutes to see the materials captured. I beleive this is supposed to be the Saudi/Yemen border.

Edited by El Nikko

On 4/1/2020 at 1:13 AM, El Nikko said:

Skip to around 8 minutes to see the materials captured. I beleive this is supposed to be the Saudi/Yemen border.

Yemen Wrath? Are these Yeminis capturing the weapons?

Taiwan?

6 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Yemen Wrath? Are these Yeminis capturing the weapons?

Yes they are usually refered to as Houthi rebels in the media otherwise called Ansarallah.

Saudi and other states funded and supplied fighters in Syria in response Iran did the same by putting pressure on the Saudi's by aiding the Houthi's in Yemen. Saudi pays foreign soldiers/fighters from countries like Sudan to do their fighting for them which is why they are failing so badly. The Saudi's were warned by US military not to send troops into Yemen but they didn't listen and now have thir own Afghanistan to deal with on top of self inflicted financial damage from opening up production.

There's proxy wars going on all over the place, Libya is also worth a look as Turkey are now involved there as well.

• Like 1