Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kirkman

Joe Biden offers advice to correct the public health

Can anybody translate this into plain English?

JOE BIDEN: “We cannot let this, we’ve never allowed any crisis from the Civil War straight through to the pandemic of 17, all the way around, 16, we have never, never let our democracy sakes second fiddle, way they, we can both have a democracy and … correct the public health.”

685654481_bidenpublichealth.png.ef21657dd92131c8445f77fcf50b7119.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Meanwhile, back to reality ...

By the Numbers: A Massive Nationwide Response

April 6, 2020

When the world has faced trying times, Americans have never failed to rise to the occasion. The Coronavirus pandemic is and will be no exception.

“We have the best doctors, the best military leaders, and the best logistics professionals anywhere in the world,” President Trump said yesterday. “And we’re orchestrating a massive federal response unlike anything our country has ever seen or done.”

Here’s what just part of that response looks like, by the numbers:

• By tomorrow, the Federal Government will have deployed over 3,000 military and public health professionals to New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and other parts of our country most affected by Coronavirus.
  • In the last 7 days, FEMA has airlifted crucial supplies and protective equipment from every corner of the Earth. Since last Sunday, cargo planes have delivered nearly 300 million gloves, almost 8 million masks, and 3 million gowns.
  • The government is delivering an additional 600,000 N95 masks to New York City to support its public hospital system, as requested by Mayor Bill de Blasio. Another 200,000 will be delivered to Suffolk County on Long Island.
  • Over the last 48 hours, FEMA has delivered an additional 500 ventilators to New Jersey. In addition, Louisiana has received 200, Michigan has received 300, and Illinois has gotten or will get 600 to address potential hotspots.
  • As of yesterday, the United States has tested and given results to 1.67 million people—far more than any other country on Earth.

In addition to these public health actions, President Trump has worked with Congress to prioritize the economic needs of American workers and small businesses. The $2+ trillion CARES Act signed into law on March 27 provides qualifying families with $2,400 in tax-free payments, along with an additional $500 for each child.

The Paycheck Protection Program, which launched Friday, approved more than 17,500 loans valued at over $5.4 billion on its first day. These loans, intended to keep more Americans employed, are 100% forgivable if used for qualifying expenses—and if all employees are kept on payroll.

America is thankful to every family making sacrifices for the good of our country during this time—and especially to the healthcare workers fighting this virus and saving lives each and every day.

“In the days ahead, America will endure the peak of this terrible pandemic,” President Trump said. “Our warriors in this life-and-death battle are the incredible doctors and nurses and healthcare workers on the frontline of the fight. We pledge to them our eternal gratitude and everlasting support.”

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

Aren't there drugs available for dementia?

(edited)

23 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

Aren't there drugs available for dementia?

I think Corn Pop sells dementia drugs down by the pool.

Edited by Tom Kirkman
Added link to the very entertaining 'Corn Pop' story
  • Haha 2

Stephen Colbert was very accurate by calling Trump "Heretic to reality" in a sense that not only he denies the very basic, easily verifiable facts with casual disrespect (i.e. that it was Trump's stupid and incompetent approach that wasted time and opportunities that could prevent significant portion of those hundreds of thousands of deaths), but lies about them with equal casual ease, and lies about his own lies, and his subsequent lies about his previous lies, and so on. 

He knows that his brainwashed followers never verify anything, and he does not talk to anyone else. 

Politicians are very skilled at talking for a long time without saying anything. 

Biden is just doing that, but it was a bit word salady for sure. 

Justin trudeau is nearly as bad at freestyle speaking also commonly  known as just  answer the freaking question. But we dont say he has dementia. We just think he is retarded. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

(edited)

It is just politics! I really do not like to speak about this domain but when I see this kind of post I can not overlook it... The mix between politics and health will never give a good result. So, how I said that I do not like to speak about politics, I can say the opposite about health. I have a healthy lifestyle and I love to have it this way. Every day, I am maintaining my body healthy in different ways. From physical exercises till the diet, I am respecting a healthy lifestyle. Also, daily, I am introducing in my diet creatine or dietary supplements and various vitamins for sportsMy body is very happy!

Edited by Ouallan

Would any American Corporation give a job as a Janitor let alone a Top Executive role to this advanced senior senile? the obvious answer is no.

But the American Corporations in their majority collective interest put him and the likes of him (Reagan & Trump etc) behind the desk of the highest office in the Empire to do or follow their deeds.

So the fact that these Corporations pre-selected and Public elected Puppets utter nonsensical poppycock or horse-feathers due to a neurotic birth defect of disconnect between their brain and tongue organs or by hard training and practice, and break the Guinness book of records for number lies to the public, are not only negatively viewed or assessed by Think Tank Institues for the highest Office but considered desirable and necessary for the job.

In the Agora hills of Athenians Socrates dismissed Democracy as he had little faith in the cognitive capabilities of the rural sword wielding now gun-totting illiterate populous; Plato proposed a philosopher King or Noam Chomsky to be topical & up-todate to lead and rule. Fat chance of that for all wishful philosophers.

Aristotle created a detailed map of potential systems of constitutional governance with potential consequences if rulers failed to abide by the defining rules. Clever chap for his time. Marx created a  design of his own, sporadically and iteratively being experimented since; however the same political dilemmas still linger on after 2500 years.

In post-modernist Washingtonian Representative Corp Democracy, with over 30 thousands professional Corporate Lobbyist living in the city engaging with professional politicians available for hire for the right fee, you cant expect professor of linguistics (Noam Chomsky) to occupy the podium and address the nation with his wisdom, charm and eloquence. 

In the Corporate World Money talks and Bullshit is what the public gets.

No Ownership, No Representative, just senile utterance. 

Aristotle-constitutions.png

• Like 1