James Regan

Trumps Oil Industry....

2 minutes ago, James Regan said:

That brute in the middle was stolen from India, and rests on the head of the rightful owner. What did the Romans ever do for us? We are just sitting back watching the fun, we will rule the waves again.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, James Regan said:

In reality the virus has been used wrongly by the IOCs in particular, that part of the contract "act of God" has been abused in order to readjust day rates etc, this has really put the contractors up against the wall and show bad faith, the business is not going away its just going to get tighter. Who will suffer in the end will be the IOCs as they are cutting their own noses off, the old adage of "Good work aint Cheap and Cheap work aint good" doesn't seem to bother them until they drop a stack on a rig that costs 650K a day (and worth every penny). We may have a surplus at the moment but being short sighted has damaged this Industry before and continues to do so.

We will be building rigs again in the next 5 years.......

U could be right about that, oil still needed even in a depression, what has me spooked is the levels of debt and the zero rates and money printing. I have this awful feeling that QE IV gonna morph into MMT = hyperinflation. Just a gut feeling. Think it will take a couple of years before the "real" money printing begins, but my gut tells me that whoever wins US election, policy will be the same?

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Lizzie is made of steel, that last sheep looked like an American breed, this is possibly a parody of the British Empire????? or Brexit Le Macron a famously wuss breed of sheep.

Edited by James Regan
  • Haha 1

(edited)

We have had a few Warrior Queens - Boudicca, Maggie and Lizzie are up there, I can't Imagine having Hillary in a Chariot riding into battle with two rampant Stallions...

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 09.20.21.png

Edited by James Regan

21 minutes ago, James Regan said:

In reality the virus has been used wrongly by the IOCs in particular, that part of the contract "act of God" has been abused in order to readjust day rates etc, this has really put the contractors up against the wall and show bad faith, the business is not going away its just going to get tighter. Who will suffer in the end will be the IOCs as they are cutting their own noses off, the old adage of "Good work aint Cheap and Cheap work aint good" doesn't seem to bother them until they drop a stack on a rig that costs 650K a day (and worth every penny). We may have a surplus at the moment but being short sighted has damaged this Industry before and continues to do so.

We will be building rigs again in the next 5 years.......

Hopefully only after we send the ‘past the sell by date’ rigs to the breaking yards!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James Regan said:

We have had a couple of  Warrior Queens - Boudicca and Lizzie are up there, I can't Imagine having Hillary in a Chariot riding into battle with two rampant Stallions...

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 09.20.21.png

Unfortunately, Hillary's stallions accidentally shot themselves behind the head twice with shotguns and then drown after falling off a 10 story building.  Weird how these accidents keep happening.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

6 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Lizzie is made of steel, that last sheep looked like an American breed, this is possibly a parody of the British Empire?????

Forget the British Empire, I am worried about what will replace the American Empire? Not even our bats are safe here in Australia? U can laugh, China will not invade USA or UK, but u can bet ur bottom dollar they will make a move down under in 5-10 years. You guys are well removed from what is going on in this region, let me tell you, all we hear is the drums of war. They get louder each year.

• Like 2

(edited)

15 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Hopefully only after we send the ‘past the sell by date’ rigs to the breaking yards!

Its gone past that phase, they are breaking up 5th and 6th Gen rig as we speak, if you told me 10 years ago the rigs I was part of building would be scrapped (4 of) in my lifetime I would have laughed at you, the last one Pride of Brasil beached in some shitpit in the med 

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 09.29.30.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 09.40.21.png

Edited by James Regan

Its gone past that phase, they are breaking up 5th and 6th Gen rig as we speak, if you told me 10 years ago the rigs I was part of building would be scrapped (4 of) in my lifetime I would have laughed at you, the last one Pride of Brasil beached in some shitpit in the med 

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 09.29.30.png

It's funny u mention that. U fail to see the connection with ur rig sitting idle and the situation with China? Let me explain. Tom has just started another post in which he mentions that Trump has ordered ur Navy to shoot at any Iranian gunboat. If the Pentagon followed his orders, the Persian Gulf wld be closed and ur oil rig would be put straight back to use. So why won't the Pentagon follow Trump's orders? CHINA! You see, the Pentagon knows that US war with Iran means China can beat US Navy in Asia. As the Pentagon put it, China can put all their forces in a relatively small area, the US cannot. Anyone got the picture yet? China already dictating ur foreign policy?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wombat said:

It's funny u mention that. U fail to see the connection with ur rig sitting idle and the situation with China? Let me explain. Tom has just started another post in which he mentions that Trump has ordered ur Navy to shoot at any Iranian gunboat. If the Pentagon followed his orders, the Persian Gulf wld be closed and ur oil rig would be put straight back to use. So why won't the Pentagon follow Trump's orders? CHINA! You see, the Pentagon knows that US war with Iran means China can beat US Navy in Asia. As the Pentagon put it, China can put all their forces in a relatively small area, the US cannot. Anyone got the picture yet? China already dictating ur foreign policy?

Steve Bannon has a plan - Next Secretary of Defence- would be over very quickly

• Haha 1

Steve Bannon has a plan - Next Secretary of Defence- would be over very quickly

I sure hope you are right about that too. China already has 80 subs and they building 10/year. The horse is out of the gate and is bolting.

14 minutes ago, Wombat said:

Your assumption is that Iran would go to all out war after losing a few gunboats.

38 minutes ago, Wombat said:

U can laugh, China will not invade USA or UK, but u can bet ur bottom dollar they will make a move down under in 5-10 years. You guys are well removed from what is going on in this region, let me tell you, all we hear is the drums of war. They get louder each year.

You might enjoy this paranoia then.  Aussie clone of Red Dawn.

A group of teenagers return from a camping trip to find themselves in the middle of an unexpected war. Among only a few Australians still free, they must learn to defend themselves against the hostile invaders.

(tl;dr movie review: China invades Australia in order to secure its natural resources.  Scooby and the gang try to foil their dastardly plans.)

5 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

You might enjoy this paranoia then.  Aussie clone of Red Dawn.

Thankfully the Pentagon is not as ignorant as you Tom. As a physicist, I know a thing or two about nuclear physics and basic rocket science. Let me assure you, the Pine Gap facility in Australia is critical to American defence and force posture. Our ships are performing joint "freedom of navigation"operations in the South China Sea as we speak. The Pentagon takes the Chinese threat very seriously, and if you bothered to ask them why, u might lose that smirk on ur face.

6 minutes ago, Wombat said:

Thankfully the Pentagon is not as ignorant as you Tom. As a physicist, I know a thing or two about nuclear physics and basic rocket science. Let me assure you, the Pine Gap facility in Australia is critical to American defence and force posture. Our ships are performing joint "freedom of navigation"operations in the South China Sea as we speak. The Pentagon takes the Chinese threat very seriously, and if you bothered to ask them why, u might lose that smirk on ur face.

Jeez, I lived in SE Asia for a couple decades.  I'm well aware of China.

And I prefer a smirk rather than panic.  Can't think straight with panic,while joking around tends to defuse tense situations.

I could tell the movie was BS after just a few minutes....there weren’t five cop cars chasing the motorcycle for no apparent reason!🤔

• Haha 1

Okay @Wombat, just what do they do at the Pine Gap facility, and out at Alice Springs, that makes them so critical to American, Australian and free world defense?

4 hours ago, Wombat said:

Great, try using ur LTO in ur refineries and see what happens?

Canada, oh Canada!

They seldom try to wipe us out. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Jeez, I lived in SE Asia for a couple decades.  I'm well aware of China.

And I prefer a smirk rather than panic.  Can't think straight with panic,while joking around tends to defuse tense situations.

That's fine. Ur job I suppose. Mine is to provide strategic advice to Australian and US govt on these matters, so I don't have that luxury.

17 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Okay @Wombat, just what do they do at the Pine Gap facility, and out at Alice Springs, that makes them so critical to American, Australian and free world defense?

Well, just for starters, without Pine Gap, u cld not communicate with ur subs in the region. That wld make them toothless.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Wombat said:

That's fine. Ur job I suppose. Mine is to provide strategic advice to Australian and US govt on these matters, so I don't have that luxury.

I generally consider smirking a necessity, not a luxury.  YMMV.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Wombat said:

Well, just for starters, without Pine Gap, u cld not communicate with ur subs in the region. That wld make them toothless.

If you google Pine Gap, there is MSN story about it. Not the full picture, but at least half :)

4 hours ago, Wombat said:

Well, 3 years ago, u were bragging about how u had replaced SA as the "swing" producer, so go ahead and swing?

No idea why you think that I'm American - I've just retired to Marsa Alam and I doubt that many Americans could even tell you what country that was in - let alone would retire to here!

3 hours ago, James Regan said:

Recent trip to Caratha I saw how big you guys are hitting LNG, fair dinkum, ridgydidge and all that keep it going, from what I saw the Industry was looking stronger, Perth had a certain buzz about it that I hadn't seen in years. Woodside and Beach etc all look like solid companies. Hope it continues. Dont go into the sea there are Noahs at PE, haha, you guys crack me up Kin Oath maate....

How was Karratha?  Got sent there about ten years or so ago when Chevron were looking for JV partners for the Gorgon project - no idea why company was even interested in becoming a JV partner but quickly shut down that thought when I got back and told them that the project cost was going to blow out big time due to all the environmental issues with building an LNG plant on an offshore nature reserve.

3 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Yep.  I already did one cleanup this morning.  If I have to do another cleanup, I'm going to get annoyed.

@Wombat, you make some good points.  Some fair enough jabs that sting.  Just please keep it clean, no punches below the belt.

Expect to get annoyed - wombats just crash their way through the undergrowth - they aren't known for their political correctness!

• Haha 1