James Regan

Trumps Oil Industry....

18 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Yesterday I quietly suspended for 3 days a new troll who was ecstatic that oil had crashed.  While I have no issue with people who hate oil, I find it mostly out of bounds for noobs to join this oil forum and post about how happy that oil had crashed and that oil workers are out of work.

I'm not a fan of censorship, but I view it in poor decorum to have newcomers come here and gloat that it is "great for the environment" that oil has crashed.

Any thoughts?  This is not "my" forum, this is a forum for everyone in the oil industry.

Not quite sure what to do here as a moderator, with people who come here to celebrate the great Covid Oil Crash of 2020.

18 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

I think you know most of my thoughts as detailed in the previous posts above.

I also don't believe in censorship and I think those regular members of this forum will call out said trolls for what they are without the need to ban them or censor them.

I just fail to understand their motives for this apparent gloating 

Just my thoughts Tom

17 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

You kick their *ss.  Good Nuff?

17 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

My suggestion? Let them post their idiocy. It'll empower a whole regiment!

14 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I get you on the gloating, but there's some pretty appalling commentary on the this forum about ME & African culture and work ethics... 

@Tom Kirkman - principles are principles. Stand by them or they don't mean anything

8 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Tom,

As we all defend freedom of speech on the forum, unless it is really ‘beyond the pale’, or just becomes annoyingly pedantic and is simply ‘clogging up the works’, just let them post. 
Forum member have the option to ignore them or block them (this option is not available on the app...😖)

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  As pointed out, the best principled way forward is ... unless some new member breaks general forum decorum rules, as a moderator I'll let their gloating comments against oil and oil industry workers stand.

And allow forum members to call them out for being a jackhole.

You all know my disdain of censorship in general, and (most) people on this forum are pretty darn intelligent enough to make up their own minds and ignore gleefully trolling idiots.

I certainly don't want to take the route of what YouTube is currently doing, which is actively censoring anything and everything that they consider to be "incorrect" information.

(Side note, I regularly take Vitamin C and turmeric, which YouTube is now actively censoring).

====================================================

YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki: Recommending Vitamin C Is Chinese Virus ‘Misinformation’

Google-owned YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki appeared on Brian Stelter’s CNN show, Reliable Sources, to discuss the kind of “misinformation” that YouTube is removing during the Chinese virus pandemic. The YouTube chief promised to remove “anything that would go against World Health Organization recommendations.” ...

... The CEO of the Google-owned platform went on to discuss the kind of content that YouTube takes down.

“We also talk about removing information that is problematic. Of course, anything that is medically unsubstantiated … so, people saying like, ‘take Vitamin C!, take tumeric!’ like ‘those will cure you.'”

“Those are the examples of things that would be a violation of our policy. Anything that would go against World Health Organization recommendations would be a violation of our policy. So ‘remove’ is another really important part of our policy.”

“So you’re not just putting the truth next to the lie,” said Stelter. “You’re taking the lie down. That’s a pretty aggressive approach.”

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Those are the examples of things that would be a violation of our policy. Anything that would go against World Health Organization recommendations would be a violation of our policy. So ‘remove’ is another really important part of our policy.”

Here's one of the videos that YouTube has removed as wrongthink:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/XJqAxHxMSmgt/

Although this practitioner believes viruses can spread through the air, which they cannot, he is still calling out the COVID hoax out for the fraud that it is. This is a brave man and thousands of doctors and nurses need to do the same. Save, share and mirror this video, it has been taken down from the source channel: Source here, video gone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHhyLvH7FQg

It's also interesting that the video cut off just as this practitioner began talking about the COVID-19 vaccines.
Special Thanks to Terry Lawton who mirrored this before it was removed.
https://youtu.be/fYzR2YHMxiM

LESS
Category Education
Sensitivity Normal - Content that is suitable for ages 16 and over
  • Upvote 1

Good on you Tom that you take Vit C and Turmeric. The more traditional cultures in Asia know a lot more about natural health preventions and cure. The island I am on now here people are mellow and take their Turmeric, Ginger etc.  Hardly any cases here.

You Tube, FB etc. are all becoming part of the police state.

I am surprised this video is still up and running

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

James, the question may be what Trump knows compared to what he thinks he knows. This quote seems appropriate for your topic: 

"It's the people that think they know and do not know that get themselves and everybody else into trouble."

People that know they don't know are more likely to arrive at appropriate decisions, by research or outsourcing, and avoid problems. I'm concerned we have a leader that thinks he knows a lot more than he does about the industry.  Or there could be something much more cynical going on. Understanding his reasoning behind statements or actions, at times, is very difficult. He seems to know something other than what he actually states. So that leads to another question.

In politics, there is a lot of perception management, along with angles and proclamations that too often turn out to be the reverse of the truth, or can change many times within hours or days. We've seen this create market dynamics that only the bully pulpit is capable of. Somebody that would happen to know what he's going to say before he says it sure could make (or could be making) a lot of money trading on the volatility.

(edited)

OK, I have only gotten as far in this thread as my second quote below and am ready to call out the BS. Sorry for singling you out, James Regan, there are other offenders besides you.
Pointing out Trump's behavior and character deficits is just so de rigueur, these days. And of course, the contrast implies that the speaker is entirely above it all. But imagine my surprise, when, in another comment, the Trump critic speaks freely and unashamedly of ball-licking (so, so colorful!). I'm not surprised, really, it's tiresomely typical.

On 4/10/2020 at 1:03 AM, James Regan said:

Do you think people around him advise him to tone things down, or are they all ball licking lounge lizards who are afraid of him. No-one can deny he has a lot of ball licking during press conferences and he does have a thirst for praise.

And then, further down, you have a full-on discussion of whore-shaming. Regardless of the subject, and whether the political office deserves respect, it's JUST. NOT. DONE. Please, oh men of such distinguished character that you can pass judgement on Trump's behavior: Shall I play the oppressed female card in the intersectional hierarchy? I bet I'll win! 😉

On 4/12/2020 at 2:21 PM, James Regan said:

Probably not very nice to call her a prositute (sic) as you have no knowledge of her being one, but if she was is that a problem for you? I think given the choice between her or the Ex, DT made a good choice...... Only basing my opinion on looks of course.

Now, I am a female mechanical designer who has been in the energy industry for 26 years. I'm not offended by colorful language and I don't usually get my back up about it. Hypocrisy, however, does tend to provoke a strong reaction. Sanctimonious, holier-than-thou virtue signaling... even more. And the whore-calling, slut-shaming malignment of a woman just because you don't like her husband and you have some better-than-everyone moral condemnation of her personal life choices?!   Dear sirs, the claws are out. Shut it down, now, and go think a bit harder about how pious and virtuous you think you are vs. how you actually are.

=====================================================================================

Just correcting the record. James didn't deserve the full brunt of my anger.

On 4/10/2020 at 1:24 PM, Marcin2 said:

Like it or not the major goal of Trump at 74 is to get re-elected, he is not gonna make a killing at RE or find another trophy wife.

Was originally "bang another trophy wife". But you still called her a "trophy wife". Still not classy.

On 4/11/2020 at 4:00 AM, Marcin2 said:

I am sorry, I already corrected my post.

The thing is I tried to understand Trump motives too much, got into the role too deeply while writing the comment, so even borrowed Trump’s derogatory language he speaks about women while in private.

So it's Trump's fault you made nasty comments about his wife? LOL

On 4/11/2020 at 10:55 AM, Marcin2 said:

Trumps classy classical classification of women as mere sex objects in „grab them by ...” semi-private discussion with Billy Bush immediately comes to mind. After MeToo became prominent it sound ominously Weinsteinesque.

Plus a lot of derogatory public comments, but I have to admit Trump gets loose in less official environment.

But you're not above calling a woman you've never met a trophy wife. I totally see how Trump is crappy person, but you're just a nice guy, saying totally inoffensive things on the internet.

On 4/12/2020 at 1:06 AM, BradleyPNW said:

In no way has Melania lived up to the title of her office. She is a national disgrace. I don't care that she was an Eastern European prostitute in her past life, I care that she failed to grow beyond her past life to live up to the responsibility of her title. 

OOOH, BradleyPNW! I'm afraid you are the true target of everything I said above. Kindly go shove it.

On 4/12/2020 at 1:58 PM, BradleyPNW said:

Is it correct to say Melania was an Eastern European prostitute, or Melania was an East European prostitute. I admit, as is fairly common among Americans like myself, I have some geographical ignorance. After all, our president makes up entire African countries out of the blue. 

On 4/12/2020 at 7:51 PM, BradleyPNW said:

Melania is a prostitute who worked her way up to trophy wife. It's what she is. The problem is she never changed. 

https://www.npr.org/2017/02/07/513970871/melania-trump-lawsuit-argues-once-in-a-lifetime-chance-to-make-millions-is-lost

Please stop saying you're an American. You're a disgrace.

Edited by Valerie Williams
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 2

3 minutes ago, Valerie Williams said:

OK, I have only gotten this far in the thread and am ready to call out the BS. Sorry for singling you out, James Regan, there are other offenders.
Pointing out Trump's behavior and character deficits is just so de rigueur, these days. And of course, the contrast implies that the speaker is entirely above it all. But imagine my surprise, when, in another comment, the Trump critic speaks freely and unashamedly of ball-licking (so, so colorful!). I'm not surprised, really, it's tiresomely typical.

And then, further down, you have a full-on discussion of whore-shaming. Regardless of the subject, and whether the political office deserves respect, it's JUST. NOT. DONE. Please, oh men of such distinguished character that you can pass judgement on Trump's behavior: Shall I play the oppressed female card in the intersectional hierarchy? I bet I'll win! 😉

Now, I am a female mechanical designer who has been in the energy industry for 26 years. I'm not offended by colorful language and I don't usually get my back up about it. Hypocrisy, however, does tend to provoke a strong reaction. Sanctimonious, holier-than-thou virtue signaling... even more. And the whore-calling, slut-shaming malignment of a woman just because you don't like her husband and you have some better-than-everyone moral condemnation of her personal life choices?!   Dear sirs, the claws are out. Shut it down, now, and go think a bit harder about how pious and virtuous you think you are vs. how you actually are.

Welcome to the site, Valerie.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Welcome to the site, Valerie.

Thanks, Dan. I've actually been around before, but it's been a long time since I posted. I usually just lurk and read to get a sense of the industry as a whole.

This thread, while not quite thought-provoking, turned out to be quite provoking, after all. 😉

Edited by Valerie Williams
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

Finally we have a woman in this forum. Lets try to keep her here. Although Valerie doesn't sound like someone who could be easily intimidated. 😀

Welcome aboard, Valerie.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Selva said:

Welcome aboard, Valerie.  

Hi, Selva. 🙂

(edited)

🕊️

Edited by James Regan

7 hours ago, Radha said:

Good on you Tom that you take Vit C and Turmeric. The more traditional cultures in Asia know a lot more about natural health preventions and cure. The island I am on now here people are mellow and take their Turmeric, Ginger etc.  Hardly any cases here.

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” ~ Hippocrates

Eating whole, unprocessed foods builds up one's health and strengthens immune system.  For years I've been eating whole vegetables and whole meats, and healthy herbs.  Turmeric, garlic, etc.  Spinach is one of the most nutrient dense foods known to man, and is great for recovering from vigorous exercise.  Any food that comes in a box or a can and has chemicals added is not exactly "nutritious".  I made a mistake of being mostly vegerian for a couple years, a number of years ago.  Big mistake for me.  Humans are omnivorous, and need meat.

628769002_dearvegans.jpeg.155fce06f1395d6c466675c1344619d0.jpeg

• Haha 3

He only ever seems to have his best interest in mind in regards mostly of his ego

3 minutes ago, MurDoc said:

He only ever seems to have his best interest in mind in regards mostly of his ego

???

27 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Hah you will last long on here, if you have a hidden agenda just come out with it, good your doing well second quote and you have fit right in playing to the sound of the drum Trump Trump Trump. I dont care what you are or what gender you are, it makes no difference here, your trying to open a devision that doesn't exist. You know nothing about me or me you. so why not take a while to find your way and then shout pull.

Amateur 

Blocked immediately your trouble

So I need to have a hidden agenda or be a Trump sycophant if I think it's BS that you and a couple of other guys called Melania Trump a "prostitute" and a "trophy wife"? Sorry, I'm all face value here. Pardon me if I think y'all shouldn't be doing that, especially if you make a big deal about the impropriety of other people talking coarsely. But please do, block me rather than take a moment to self reflect. I said what I needed to say and I'm done with you, too.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

It is real: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/talking-about-men/201901/is-trump-derangement-syndrome-real-mental-condition

And yes the guy is full of flaws, make no mistake here,we all are full of flaws. However the liberal mind just goes off the radar when he comes into play, Even the best of them...good business people that employ the very same business techniques just go off the charts....I actually enjoy a good happy hour round of...lets see who gets triggered first and amoungest friendly partners..Grown men acting like their mother just cleaned and snooped in their bedroom without their consent...Its mind boggling,

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Valerie Williams said:

So I need to have a hidden agenda or be a Trump sycophant if I think it's BS that you and a couple of other guys called Melania Trump a "prostitute" and a "trophy wife"? Sorry, I'm all face value here. Pardon me if I think y'all shouldn't be doing that, especially if you make a big deal about the impropriety of other people talking coarsely. But please do, block me rather than take a moment to self reflect. I said what I needed to say and I'm done with you, too.

Valerie, in all fairness, while one of @James Regan's comments was leaning towards "colorful", he wasn't the main culprit(s) by far.  There were a couple of others who brought up the Melania BS out of the blue.  At first they were in an unrelated conversation with James that got a bit heated, and I think he may have thought they were just making a joke to ease the tension.  You will have also noted that a few of us browbeat the culprits until it stopped.  They were extremely out of line.  James might be a little rough around the edges, but so are all of us from time to time.

Choosing James to make your point, well, I think James may have felt you went after the wrong guy.  Just my thoughts.  I'd like to have both of you around here.  James has a wealth of knowledge and it sounds like you do as well.  It would be a shame to lose either one of you, for comments that were made a long time ago (in "thread time").

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

It is real: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/talking-about-men/201901/is-trump-derangement-syndrome-real-mental-condition

And yes the guy is full of flaws, make no mistake here,we all are full of flaws. However the liberal mind just goes off the radar when he comes into play, Even the best of them...good business people that employ the very same business techniques just go off the charts....I actually enjoy a good happy hour round of...lets see who gets triggered first and amoungest friendly partners..Grown men acting like their mother just cleaned and snooped in their bedroom without their consent...Its mind boggling,

It is the strangest thing that I can object to a woman being called a prostitute by random people on the internet, and that translates into me being someone who marches to Trump's drumbeat. That seems very much like derangement to me. I'll own to getting triggered, though. I did. And I went full feminist rant, too! Hah! Anyone who knows me will crack a rib laughing.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

42 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

And yes the guy is full of flaws, make no mistake here,we all are full of flaws.

Speak for yourself!

I don't know of any flaws I have!

😂

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Valerie, in all fairness, while one of @James Regan's comments was leaning towards "colorful", he wasn't the main culprit(s) by far.  There were a couple of others who brought up the Melania BS out of the blue.  At first they were in an unrelated conversation with James that got a bit heated, and I think he may have thought they were just making a joke to ease the tension.  You will have also noted that a few of us browbeat the culprits until it stopped.  They were extremely out of line.  James might be a little rough around the edges, but so are all of us from time to time.

Choosing James to make your point, well, I think James may have felt you went after the wrong guy.  Just my thoughts.  I'd like to have both of you around here.  James has a wealth of knowledge and it sounds like you do as well.  It would be a shame to lose either one of you, for comments that were made a long time ago (in "thread time").

Point well taken. I should have at least done a better job of choosing which portions to quote. I just could not believe what was being said, and by persons who claimed to be against such things. Sorry James, if I overestimated your participation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

Speak for yourself!

😂

Well Gerry, if you're asking I'm sure we could help you recollect!  LOL 😉

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

Speak for yourself!

😂

Well what about your humility and modesty? 😉

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

Speak for yourself!

😂

A cry for attention if I ever saw one. :D

• Haha 2

On 4/17/2020 at 1:25 PM, Dan Clemmensen said:

Thank you for your explanation. I'm new here, trying to find out what covid-19 is doing to our economy, and incidentally what is happening in the oil supply balance.

Others here have already educated me (at the baby level) about the differences in types of crude, types of product, and refinery design optimized for particular input mixes, and I appreciate your further explanation. I know that LTO is now worth less in some sense than heavy crude. But I think this is a short-term phenomenon based on the existing refineries. The country-level refinery input mix has changed by a lot on the timescale of decades, and I think it can and will continue to change in the future. So, you describe the current situation, but KSA is trying to maximize the total long-time value for their oil asset as the world moves away from oil. The market-driven US response is not centrally planned, but will inevitably end up adapting the refinery suite to use the available crude mix, certainly by 2030 and probably by 2025. In the mean time, we will continue to sell LTO and buy heavy crude, but that is just as scary as far as KSA is concerned, and that is why the are panicking.

Dan,

The Saudis have no reason to panic, the tight oil resource is quite limited, especially at $14/b, if oil prices (WTI) remain under $30/b, tight oil output will fall by 3.5 Mb/d over the next 12 months.  I assume in this scenario that tthe tight oil completion rate falls to zero from May 2020 to April 2021.

tight2004c.png

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

Well what about your humility and modesty? 😉

Inalienable rights comes to mind...

29 minutes ago, D Coyne said:

Dan,

The Saudis have no reason to panic, the tight oil resource is quite limited, especially at $14/b, if oil prices (WTI) remain under $30/b, tight oil output will fall by 3.5 Mb/d over the next 12 months.  I assume in this scenario that tthe tight oil completion rate falls to zero from May 2020 to April 2021.

But everybody in the industry can do this analysis. If the US government decides that we should not give OPEC another opportunity to dirve the price up past (say) $50/bbl, then impose a tariff. Do this early enough, (now?) and drilling will resume in anticipation of a recovery in consumption, A bunch of companies will have gone bankrupt, but others will be willing to risk it with those tariffs in place and with a stated government policy of keeping the price stable. Done in conjunction with a tax on gasoline to dampen consumption to about last year's level, we would be good to go to 2030 or so.