Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BK

The big reset

Is this that big reset that many people have felt will happen 'someday' in the USA, possibly the world? I have certainly thought that very thing for 20, maybe 30 years. The credit economy... huge consumer and business debt and national debt... consumers don't save like they used to. How can it go on indefinitely with no reset? Major depression looming? There is no way to know what will happen but a what-if is... what if many states open too soon and covid has an even worse spike? And also, there's more to the current crash than covid. Oil is going to have blood in the streets and it seems banking will follow. A domino effect sets up? Anyone want to say what they see as happening from here out? Everyone loves to quote the DOW, where do you see it going? It's certainly tough to have a positive outlook on the economic future. Of course, money can be made during a depression but risk is high for many moves one could make. I'm long some speculative gold stocks, hope some hit some good paydirt exploration-wise, they could rocket.

• Upvote 1

^

Oil has always been the canary in the coal mine. Is it still, in the middle of a pandemic? And with the Saudis breathing on our necks?

Yes. Yes, it is. So I see a Dow revisit 19,000. 20% unemployment. 

But then, at some point, we'll come out of this and it's going to be one hell of a market!

The Dow will gain 10,000 points in a year. Oil will get scarce and the price will rise above $100. 

The trick is in the timing. Lots of ups and downs betwixt here and there.