Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Somebody Please Shut Al-Falih Up

For the love of all that's decent tape his mouth. I'm fed up with "Breaking" news saying "Falih Says X, Oil Down", "Falih Says Y, Oil Up." Do traders not have long-term memory? Do they not see that the guy is ready to contradict himself at every turn just to make prices jump up and down? 

• Upvote 2

That move earlier today was a bunch of BS. The media trys to say it was all because Falih said x but it looks like a bit of manipulation which then triggered a bunch of short covering. Another extension of the cuts should only really be viewed as weakness and that OPEC know they havent done enough.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So they talk. They've been doing it since 2016. It's gone old very fast but no, let's hang on their words and make news.

this is exactly how I view the oil industry's reaction to Al-Falih's, Barkindo's, and Novak's comments regarding market rebalancing, compliance, and deal extensions. In this video, I envision the market as the thought-free kittens, the media as the cameraman, and al-Falih et al as the man dangling whatever shiny object that looks so alluring.

https://youtu.be/pLCOTpjBGcs

• Like 1