Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AN

The First Billion-Dollar ICO, Only for Whales

In the very murky ICO world, here's one that we should really be watching closely: Telegram. I think this slipped by the mainstream because everything just associates it with secure messaging. But it's a huge deal in the crypto world. It's a huge deal for crypto whales. This is the key platform they are all using for any relevant news on ICOs, cryptocurrencies in general, token sales, etc. It's turned into something completely different. Now it's all about the Telegram Open Network (GRAM) coin. 

They raised $850 million in the first round of the ICO in February, and they're about to raise another $850 million in a second round. That would put it at $1.7 billion, and it would be the first ICO to hit the billion-dollar mark. And it's big money (meaning, not that many investors, but all of them dumping millions in). 

Telegram was already a wildly popular place for crypto signal groups, but to find out what all the crypto offerings are. But you have to be careful. These are called crypto signals groups, but you still have to wade through the potential scams because crypto signals on Telegram are crazy in terms of volume. 

GRAM is actual coin, and it's for accredited investors only. Whales with at least half a million dollars to play with. And it's not big news among the mainstream additionally because it's a pretty closed ICO. Looks like you have to have $20 million to play if you don't know anyone on the inside. If you are considered a 'friend', you can get in for $500,000. 

To me, it's a fascinating change in the IPO/ICO world ... not one I can figure out how to participate in yet, but ... definitely on the watchlist, though it may never go public on any exchange ...

Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 5.40.50 PM.png

Not sure I understand, so I'll ask: does "actual" mean physical?