Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DD

Scotland wind - the most producing wind in the world

Wind generation increased by 34 per cent (wind turbines) and hydro by 9 per cent last year. Scotland has become a world leader in sourcing its electricity from renewables, after a record year in 2017 for creating eco-friendly energy. The nation got more than two-thirds – 68.1 per cent – of its electricity from green schemes last year – an increase of 26 per cent on the year before. There has never been no wind in Scotland.7/24:)

Scotland has closed its last coal and oil power stations but has hardly gone green.  It still relies on gas (always a fossil fuel I think) for 65% of its power with the rest from hydro, some pumped, and about 15% wind.... 

One more thing. Scotland could ad should lead in tidal turbines. It has the water to the north and the leading technology for underwater engineering in Edinburgh. However, the tidal market is so far nothing like as large as wind although I believe it will grow..

3 minutes ago, jpZelabal said:

One more thing. Scotland could ad should lead in tidal turbines. It has the water to the north and the leading technology for underwater engineering in Edinburgh. However, the tidal market is so far nothing like as large as wind although I believe it will grow..

Yes I agree. Much more dependable than wind. Tidal still represents a major opportunity and it's predictability is important.