Are there any expected military or para-military uprisings from oil dependent countries desperate for relief from depressed oil prices worldwide? 

7 minutes ago, Rd407 said:

Are there any expected military or para-military uprisings from oil dependent countries desperate for relief from depressed oil prices worldwide? 

I can think of a couple oil dependent countries in the Middle East that might possibly cause some trouble in order to spike oil prices.  Do I really need to spell out which OPEC countries I suspect?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

I'd bet on security problems in Iraq. It just seems to have all the ingredients:

- civil strife already took down one government in december after an abortive security crackdown

- weak interm government that may not be able to hold order

- the government weeks away from not being able to pay half of the public sector

- the US and Iran successfully vetoing 3 different PM candidates in the last few months, causing paralysis. Iraq is economically dependant on imports from Iran which needs sanction waivers from the US.

- militias still being quasi-part of the official security force and popular sentiment against them

The government will probably need a large IMF loan if a stable government can be formed.

Edited by surrept33
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure something will happen in Venezuela soon but that's probably not news.

AQ/IS type groups are becoming a lot more active in Africa also, including Mozambique of all places.

• Like 1

Not taking any chances here though 😂

photo_2020-05-03_22-57-20.jpg

• Upvote 1