-
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

-

Edited by Marcin2
-

43 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

It is very common at this forum, that people that have worldview that is more in line with global consensus about reality not American consensus about reality are these bad guys from American movies so if we are talking about China, I must be Red China fan. If we would be talking about Russia I would be Soviet agent and so on. I do not response to such allegations cause all or nearly all people at this forum are nice persons, Americans or non-Americans.

And just because you have American exceptionalism philosophy embedded into your conscious is not a cause to be rude to you.
So Usually I try to stick to facts and opinions on the basis of some facts.

”Predatory geopolitics” : Well every country acts in line with its interests.

What I really find fascinating is that US media and politicians achieved the same level of sort of influence ( brainwashed society but it is impolite to formulate this way) that Chinese CCP.

And only using subtle uniform propaganda, not censoring media and internet, throwing opponents to jail etc. You certainly believe that US invaded Syria and Iraq because of benevolent cause and occupy these countries against the will of vast majority of society because you are so fantastic.

No it is not truth. This is just predatory geopolitics made in US.

Every large country does it, US much, much more than China. It is normal cause US is much stronger than China, and China still keeps low profile posture.

Hi Marcin2,

Thanks for taking the time to write your long comment.

As I already said, I made the mistake of assuming that you favored the CCP.

You made these mistakes: (a) You said I have American exceptionalism embedded in me. (b) You assume that I don't read foreign new media. (c) You said that I believe that the US invaded Syria and Iraq because of a benevolent cause, etc.

Yet you said, "Usually I try to stick to facts ..."

By the way, Dan Warnick's long comment earlier in this discussion about how the Chinese entrap foreign businesses to cheat them was one of the best comments I've seen on this forum. I hope you read it. I am going to read again. It has the ring of truth.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

It is very common at this forum, that people that have worldview that is more in line with global consensus about reality not American consensus about reality are these bad guys from American movies so if we are talking about China, I must be Red China fan. If we would be talking about Russia I would be Soviet agent and so on. I do not response to such allegations cause all or nearly all people at this forum are nice persons, Americans or non-Americans.

And just because you have American exceptionalism philosophy embedded into your conscious is not a cause to be rude to you.
So Usually I try to stick to facts and opinions on the basis of some facts.

”Predatory geopolitics” : Well every country acts in line with its interests.

What I really find fascinating is that US media and politicians achieved the same level of sort of influence ( brainwashed society but it is impolite to formulate this way) that Chinese CCP.

And only using subtle uniform propaganda, not censoring media and internet, throwing opponents to jail etc. You certainly believe that US invaded Syria and Iraq because of benevolent cause and occupy these countries against the will of vast majority of society because you are so fantastic.

No it is not truth. This is just predatory geopolitics made in US.

Every large country does it, US much, much more than China. It is normal cause US is much stronger than China, and China still keeps low profile posture.

The US invaded Syria....really?

• Like 1

(edited)

10 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

The US invaded Syria....really?

Do keep up, Douglas.  It was on the way and the boys were getting bored.  Those in charge thought: Why the hell not, let em go for a few days.  Have fun guys, you've earned it.

In reality, is it any wonder that people don't understand the U.S., its military and the structure and strict limits on how it is used?  I mean with history books all over the world being written to re-write history?  Hell, I'll bet you didn't know it, but the holocaust didn't even really happen.  Yes, I know.  And the cold war was a fantasy, if it's even still covered in any history books.  I would be willing to bet that if you asked kids today, under the age of, what, 30 years old, why we call our parent's generation the Greatest Generation they would struggle to answer at best, and probably just say it was because they fought in WWII(?), if that is even covered in any detail in the history books anymore.  Does anyone under the age of 45 know the justification for going to Vietnam?  I doubt it, unless you ask a Vietnamese.  Young people will only remember how the U.S. bungled it by the end, not why we felt it necessary to go in the first place.  Wouldn't want to trouble them with any history that might rock their world view.

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, pisstol said:

By the way, Dan Warnick's long comment earlier in this discussion about how the Chinese entrap foreign businesses to cheat them was one of the best comments I've seen on this forum. I hope you read it. I am going to read again. It has the ring of truth.

Thanks.  It should ring true since I lived it, day in and day out for 9 years, and I've kept up to date as best I can ever since.

• Like 2

I worked in china for 20 years.  In regards to negotiations with the Chinese i would sum it up like this:  Signing an agreement or contract with the Chinese is only the start of the negotiations.  

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Michael Jones said:

I worked in china for 20 years.  In regards to negotiations with the Chinese i would sum it up like this:  Signing an agreement or contract with the Chinese is only the start of the negotiations.  

You are quite right.

God will drain these gas out of the ground and inject them into American soil because China is red devil, wait and see.

(edited)

5 hours ago, Jee said:

God will drain these gas out of the ground and inject them into American soil because China is red devil, wait and see.

Well.  

by God

Edited by Dan Warnick
Format
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Michael Jones said:

So true. We contracted a Chinese land rig to drill a well in Bangladesh....two of them would sit in our office everyday, waiting for an appointment, to ‘discuss’ the contract.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

So true. We contracted a Chinese land rig to drill a well in Bangladesh....two of them would sit in our office everyday, waiting for an appointment, to ‘discuss’ the contract.

Oh, yes.That's a good one, too.

I remember a time when my brass had come over to negotiate a contract, and shoulder out our own partner company who had been providing rather, what's the term, creative billing.  Negotiations included the VP of M&E and the director of stores, Miss Xu, who also acted as interpreter.  The VP finally allowed Miss Xu to sign the contract and we were done.  Handshakes all around and retreat to my office.  I told my brass that that was just the beginning and they asked what I meant.  I said well, you will finish the job, send the engine back here and they will call you back to discuss billing.  They said yes, but that is because of their recent experience with our partner company.  I said nope, they will call you back and demand that you shave about $200k off the bill if we want to get paid.  Why?  Because they will, that's all.  Nah, the brass said.  They were called back and the VP told us he had not agreed to that price.  We said well, Miss Xu signed the contract!  To which he told us "Miss Xu was the interpreter that day, she had no authority to sign the contract."  "She just signed it to say she understood the English."  It turned out that we had to shave $186k off the bill in order to get paid.  It does pay to be observant.

• Like 5

(edited)

-

Edited by Marcin2
-

(edited)

-

Edited by Marcin2
-

49 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

Globally recognized definition: Military on the area of foreign country without UN security council resolution or direct consent of the legal government of this country is InVasion and Occupation. 

Like Russia in Crimea to give you example of similar behaviour. Well in Crimea majority of citizens are Russians so there is some argumentation but invasion and occupation was still illegal.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_American-led_intervention_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War

A US led (read: coalition) intervention is NOT an invasion of Syria by the US.

You should really do your homework instead of simply posting your self-generated anti-US rants.

I really don’t give a rats ass if you hate the US, but try to give us facts, not your version of history or world events.

(edited)

-

Edited by Marcin2
-

7 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

In every discussion I need to understand opponent definition of basic terms for the discussion to be fruitful.

I told you my definition of invasion on the basis of sovereignty of countries, I do not say it is good, I just do not have better.

Please tell me what is your definition of invasion and occupation and Please later explain on the basis of Syria, Iraq and Crimea why 1 is not but 3 is.

I really want to understand your way of rationalizing both cases.

Look it up! Whichever version you choose to use will NOT fit the coalition intervention in Syria.

You should have done your ‘due diligence’ BEFORE you posted!

(edited)

-

Edited by Marcin2
-

“I admire you guys , it is not only you Douglas, how you can apply religious thinking and beliefs in topics Usually reserved for rational deduction.”

What are you talking about? When did I bring religion into ANY debate?

“I cannot specify in writing what I am arguing about ” is also some sort of definition. „i just know i am right”. But this makes further discussion difficult.”

So you said the US invaded Syria, I sent you a link showing that it was an intervention by a coalition...and now I am supposed to provide you with a definition of ‘invade’?

It seems to me that the situation in Syria, at that time, and the definition of the term ‘invade’ are easily obtainable in the public domain. If YOU choose not to do your homework, OR choose not to believe the sources which YOU locate, that is not on me.

I never insinuated that ‘I was right’, I simply suggested that you get off your lazy ass and do some homework!

• Haha 1

Tom Kirkman you are an excellent analyst and you understand perfectly how corruption works and you expose the EU and the PCCH.

I ask you please do a detailed analysis of what happened to the oil industry in Mexico, where the corruption of former President Enrique Peña is not news. You please speak with that vehemence and analysis of the PCCH, the EU and of USA.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

Ok so Please tell me what you think about US military presence in Syria and Iraq ?

Marcin2, you are not a good listener. 

After I told you this: "I am American, but I don't think the USA can afford a Marshall Plan or anything like BRI - or even medical care at 20 percent of GDP, or even its military."

You told me: "And just because you have American exceptionalism philosophy embedded into your conscious is not a cause to be rude to you."

And you said that America is a "brainwashed society".

You asked what I thought about the US military presence in Syria and Iraq. I don't think you will remember this, but I already told you before that the USA can't afford a bunch of stuff including the military. And by that statement, I think I meant something similar to what Trump meant when he campaigned against foreign wars. I don't want the USA to be the policeman of the world. IT COSTS A LOT OF MONEY. But I am not politically sophisticated. I don't know all the reasons the USA intervened in Syria. I just know that we have an enormous deficit. I WANT A BALANCED BUDGET.

16 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_American-led_intervention_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War

A US led (read: coalition) intervention is NOT an invasion of Syria by the US.

You should really do your homework instead of simply posting your self-generated anti-US rants.

I really don’t give a rats ass if you hate the US, but try to give us facts, not your version of history or world events.

You have to invade the country in order to interven in it, it's a game of words.

1 hour ago, Jee said:

You have to invade the country in order to interven in it, it's a game of words.

You are going to believe your own narrative regardless what anyone else may say. This is not debate. Carry on.