Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ma

trade war

a good read about this trade war stuff, I have my doubts that trump would do much at this time because the way this reads if he would put much for tariffs or sanctions in place without a ruling from the wto the US may start to lose some of our power placing new tariffs in place and may lose some existing ones that we currently benefit from, I will be watching how crude opens here pretty soon,https://seekingalpha.com/article/4161664-everything-need-know-possible-coming-trade-war

• Upvote 1

Can't read the whole story without registration and I don't want to register. Is there any mention of the U.S. debt in Chinese hands? Because it sounds like a very important issue to be considered by Washington. Not wise to irritate your biggest creditor.

huh I must be registered, no mention of debt, ya not the best idea to mess with your banker but a guy does have to negotiate interest

china put 25% on our sorghum this morning, talking a potential tariff of 178%, now I know sorgum only accounts for just under a billion a year but if they go a little futher the soybeans and pork may get more tariffs and I did read beans are around 12.5 billion not sure what pork is, have heard south America raised their basis 1.00$ on beans just as soon as any of this talk started almost 2 weeks ago, so this trade deal does not appear to be going away yet and I haven't heard of any real negotiations taking place, china has denied the white house has even made any attempt at all even though trump talks like they are good old buddies yet