YK

World looks on in horror as Trump flails over pandemic despite claims US leads way

Yoshiro is obviously a chinese communist sympathiser, or perhaps a rabid democrat. Trump has done a great job at handling the federal response to the virus.  the federals responded to the states as appropriate. And for the most parts the states are directing their own responses as is appropriate. About half the deaths are from new york, where the idiot cuomo insisted that nursing homes admit active corona cases.

And lets not forget it was the lying chinese communist party /gov who covered this thing up so it would spread across the world. So to blame anyone other than Xi Jinping is to lie and cover up the truth.

The only one flailing here it the liar Yoshiro flailing away with falsehoods on his computer.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Joe Richards said:

Yoshiro is obviously a chinese communist sympathiser, or perhaps a rabid democrat. Trump has done a great job at handling the federal response to the virus.  the federals responded to the states as appropriate. And for the most parts the states are directing their own responses as is appropriate. About half the deaths are from new york, where the idiot cuomo insisted that nursing homes admit active corona cases.

And lets not forget it was the lying chinese communist party /gov who covered this thing up so it would spread across the world. So to blame anyone other than Xi Jinping is to lie and cover up the truth.

The only one flailing here it the liar Yoshiro flailing away with falsehoods on his computer.

@Tom Kirkman Maybe you can help clean up this repeater?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Richards said:

Yoshiro remains free to comment any way he pleases, so long as he follows forum guidelines, same as every other forum member.

Some members have filtered Yoshiro from their forum feed, due to his ... attitude.

Forum members are free to filter other members in the Settings tab.  On mobile, go to:

> Settings

> Account

> Ignored Users

> Add new user to ignore list
Enter a member's name to set ignore options

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

I don't dispute there was a building that China called a hospital. From someone who's been in the construction industry many years, that 'hospital' was nothing more than a giant mobile home with dividers and medical equipment thrown in. Theres nothing special about being able to build a giant mobile home with dividers quickly. Thats why it was torn down.

It was still a hospital.  A hospital can be a tent...

5 hours ago, Joe Richards said:

"Trump has done a great job at handling the federal response to the virus." 

Donald ceased his daily COVID briefings after everyone laughed at him for suggesting people inject bleach into their veins to kill the virus. So, not a great job. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BradleyPNW said:

"Trump has done a great job at handling the federal response to the virus." 

Donald ceased his daily COVID briefings after everyone laughed at him for suggesting people inject bleach into their veins to kill the virus. So, not a great job. 

The list of junk he says, and then pretends he didn't say, is getting really long.  He can't keep giving the opposition gold and have any chance of winning, better to avoid cameras so they can't replay video of his lies and foolishness.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1252613411097149441

On 5/21/2020 at 4:06 AM, Strangelovesurfing said:

I don't dispute there was a building that China called a hospital. From someone who's been in the construction industry many years, that 'hospital' was nothing more than a giant mobile home with dividers and medical equipment thrown in. Theres nothing special about being able to build a giant mobile home with dividers quickly. Thats why it was torn down.

Wow, your hatred and denial are amazing, and dangerous. Obviously, you have never constructed anything close to a medical standard. And obviously, you were not present. Whatever your ignorant opinion, China built a medical facility in only 10 days. The US gives its people tents, and cannot erect even so little as these in 10 days. 

• Haha 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, frankfurter said:

Wow, your hatred and denial are amazing, and dangerous. Obviously, you have never constructed anything close to a medical standard. And obviously, you were not present. Whatever your ignorant opinion, China built a medical facility in only 10 days. The US gives its people tents, and cannot erect even so little as these in 10 days. 

Yeah, we don't build buildings that you tear down two months later, we use a field tent thats much more sensible. I don't hate anybody Franky, and no i'm not in denial, I just see through the 'muddy waters' unlike you. Amazing and dangerous huh? Please do tell how my opinion is so dangerous to you?

Oh, and those field tents, which weren't really needed anyway, they're actually better than China's "hospital". The ventilation in a tent is far superior to a mobile home, the viral particles will be carried on this far superior airflow out and away from the patents that are there unlike the crap ventilation system that existed in that giant mobile home.

Interesting how you declare my ignorant opinion and obviously I have never constructed anything close to medical standard how do you know this?  You can look up Tripler Medical Center on the island of Oahu in the Great State of Hawaii, a VA facility. Yep did a bunch of remodeling and additions on that building a few years back. Also did a bunch of work on the USN hospital that was built ~8 years ago on Guam, but your right Franky, I have no idea what 'medical standard' looks like.

BTW, there's no such thing as 'medical standard', if you knew anything about construction you would know that. Theres only Building Standards, you know load, foundation, power and other utilities based on expected occupancy and what ever activity the building's purpose is. Sorry I guess I'm really showing my ignorance here Franky boy, oh wait that would be you....

Edited by Strangelovesurfing
  • Like 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

Yeah, we don't build buildings that you tear down two months later, we use a field tent thats much more sensible. I don't hate anybody Franky, and no i'm not in denial, I just see through the 'muddy waters' unlike you. Amazing and dangerous huh? Please do tell how my opinion is so dangerous to you?

Oh, and those field tents, which weren't really needed anyway, they're actually better than China's "hospital". The ventilation in a tent is far superior to a mobile home, the viral particles will be carried on this far superior airflow out and away from the patents that are there unlike the crap ventilation system that existed in that giant mobile home.

Interesting how you declare my ignorant opinion and obviously I have never constructed anything close to medical standard how do you know this?  You can look up Tripler Medical Center on the island of Oahu in the Great State of Hawaii, a VA facility. Yep did a bunch of remodeling and additions on that building a few years back. Also did a bunch of work on the USN hospital that was built ~8 years ago on Guam, but your right Franky, I have no idea what 'medical standard' looks like.

BTW, there's no such thing as 'medical standard', if you knew anything about construction you would know that. Theres only Building Standards, you know load, foundation, power and other utilities based on expected occupancy and what ever activity the building's purpose is. Sorry I guess I'm really showing my ignorance here Franky boy, oh wait that would be you....

Those hospitals built in Wuhan are specifically designed for Covid19 treatment and consists of containment wards. China is now building and exporting these prefabricated hospitals to South Korea.   

Edited by Hotone

32 minutes ago, Hotone said:

Those hospitals built in Wuhan are specifically designed for Covid19 treatment and consists of containment wards. China is now building and exporting these prefabricated hospitals to South Korea.   

You guys are still on the Wuhan prefabs?  What is the big deal?  It was seen as clever and timely at the time they started doing it, but still, what's the big deal?  It's prefab, something the U.S. has been doing since, what, the 1950's?  A whole bunch of other countries do it too, and in fact some of them are famous for it.  IKEA anyone?

Do a search, for Pete's sake:

U.S. prefab hospitals

Some of the results are obviously not U.S., but so what.  1950s boys and girls.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

You guys are still on the Wuhan prefabs?  What is the big deal?  It was seen as clever and timely at the time they started doing it, but still, what's the big deal?  It's prefab, something the U.S. has been doing since, what, the 1950's?  A whole bunch of other countries do it too, and in fact some of them are famous for it.  IKEA anyone?

U.S. prefab hospitals

Ha, yes we're still at it! Having fun here

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

U.S. prefab hospitals

You are right, prefab is no big deal. Just making the point that those prefab hospitals consist of isolation wards, and are not to be compared to tents.

• Rolling Eye 1

16 minutes ago, Hotone said:

You are right, prefab is no big deal. Just making the point that those prefab hospitals consist of isolation wards, and are not to be compared to tents.

So what? Isolation wards could have been ‘built’ quicker simply by utilizing pre-existing structures.

• Upvote 1

Extract from the NY Times:

Dr. Frieden, the former C.D.C. director, now runs Resolve to Save Lives, the public health advocacy group that has issued detailed reopening guidelines.

“Every day, I look at the two models for approaching this,” he said. “The China model, which is to use the world’s most authoritarian regime and best digital tracking system to hunt down and stop every case and then wait for a vaccine. So far, it’s working.”

By contrast, he said, Sweden is trying to achieve “herd immunity” by letting young, healthy people become infected at what they hope will be slow, steady rates. Primary schools are open, higher ones are closed, everyone is asked to be careful in public and older adults are asked to stay home.

Israel is roughly following Sweden’s model, Dr. Frieden said, just as Asian countries are roughly following China’s.

“And then,” he added, “there’s the American approach, which is: ‘What the hell — I heard something on Fox News. Let’s try it!’”

Sweden’s model does look appealing. Television news programs have shown smiling Swedes drinking in outdoor cafes, shopping for clothes, getting their hair restyled and enjoying other little pleasures that Americans have been denied for many weeks now.

But Sweden is paying a high price, and Dr. Frieden rated its success as “still to be determined.”

As of Sunday, its per capita death rate is 319 per million Swedes, which is higher than the figure in the United States, which is 242 deaths per million.

Other Scandinavian countries, with varying degrees of lockdown, have far lower death figures: 91 per million in Denmark, 40 in Norway, 48 in Finland and 29 in Iceland.

Having 50 states and more territories do competing and uncoordinated experiments in reopening is “daring Mother Nature to kill you or someone you love,” Dr. Frieden said. “Mother Nature bats last, and she bats a thousand.”

This is such a tragedy.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

16 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

So what? Isolation wards could have been ‘built’ quicker simply by utilizing pre-existing structures.

Maybe.  The main considerations are the ventilation and plumbing systems to seal the contagion from people outside the wards, and also prevent transmission within the hospital.

In Malaysia, we used to have only one hospital (Sungai Buluh) in the whole country that can treat such a disease.  If you are warded, no visitors are allowed at any time, and you can only communicate via CCTV. The government may have built other wards recently because of this pandemic.   So far none of the private hospitals have such wards and treatment is only available in public hospitals 

Edited by Hotone

45 minutes ago, Hotone said:

Maybe.  The main considerations are the ventilation and plumbing systems to seal the contagion from people outside the wards, and also prevent transmission within the hospital.

In Malaysia, we used to have only one hospital (Sungai Buluh) in the whole country that can treat such a disease.  If you are warded, no visitors are allowed at any time, and you can only communicate via CCTV. The government may have built other wards recently because of this pandemic.   So far none of the private hospitals have such wards and treatment is only available in public hospitals 

Interesting black face mask in your new profile picture, Hotone.

• Like 1

There were over 1 million tourists who visited Bali in January and February. Over 5% of them came from China.

Yet Bali never developed into a hotspot for some reason. Only 4 deaths so far from Covid and 374 cases.

The US definitely was not the model response that anyone should follow in the future. Governments should look to places like Sweden, Taiwan, Vietnam and learn some lessons from them.

California doctors say they've seen more deaths from suicide than coronavirus since lockdowns

Doctors in Northern California say they have seen more deaths from suicide than they’ve seen from the coronavirus during the pandemic.

“The numbers are unprecedented,” Dr. Mike deBoisblanc of John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, California, told ABC 7 News about the increase of suicide deaths adding that he’s seen a “year’s worth of suicides” in the last four weeks alone.

DeBoisblanc said he believes it’s time for California officials to end the stay-at-home order and let people back out into their communities.  ...

• Like 1

Bottom line: NY Governor killed more Americans in nursing homes than the Saudi terrorists killed in 9/11

2105243_nycovid911.png.a97992d8907f81fc691143500f31a671.png

===========================================

Cuomo’s nursing home reversal is too little, too late for those now dead

Cuomo’s pride and political calculations don’t allow him to admit error even as he finally reverses one of the mostly deadly policy mistakes in New York history.

Nursing homes and rehabilitation centers have tallied more than 5,000 coronavirus deaths, yet the governor accepts zero responsibility despite his March 25th order forcing them to take infected patients from hospitals.

Now he says they no longer have to do that, announcing Sunday that “a hospital cannot discharge a person who is COVID positive to a nursing home.”

Indeed, the initial order denied nursing homes the right even to ask if patients being sent by hospitals had tested positive for the coronavirus.

Now hospitals must do discharge tests and only those who are negative can be referred to nursing homes.

Said one nursing home executive, “It feels at least a month too late.”  ...

===========================================

Gov. Cuomo admits he was wrong to order nursing homes to accept coronavirus patients

Gov. Andrew Cuomo has finally admitted — tacitly and partially, anyway — the mistake that was state health chief Howard Zucker’s order that nursing homes must admit coronavirus-positive patients.

On Sunday, Cuomo announced a new regulation: Such patients must now test negative for the virus before hospitals can return them to nursing homes. Yet the gov also admitted that COVID-19 cases might still go to the facilities via other routes, and didn’t explicitly overrule Zucker’s March 25 mandate that homes must accept people despite their testing status — indeed, couldn’t even require a test pre-admission.  ...

5 hours ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

Amazing, shocking really. I never expected to come across anybody anywhere who would assert a tent is better than a solid-walled, fully equipped hospital, including lab, xray, CT, filtered air intake and outake, waste disposal, etc, etc. I suppose all those building codes, regulations, etc, are simply to create make-work projects?  Bro, I think you need some help. 

• Like 1

Deaths per million population:

#

Country,
Other

Total
Cases

New
Cases

Total

Deaths

New
Deaths

Total
Recovered

Deaths per million of population league table 

Active
Cases

Serious,
Critical

Tot Cases/
1M pop

Deaths/
1M pop

Total
Tests

Tests/
1M pop

Population

Continent
1 San Marino 658   41   235 382 1 19,397 1,209 3,779 111,399 33,923 Europe
2 Belgium 56,511 +276 9,212 +26 15,123 32,176 268 4,878 795 757,328 65,376 11,584,152 Europe
3 Andorra 762   51   639 72 3 9,864 660 3,750 48,542 77,252 Europe
4 Spain 280,117   27,940   196,958 55,219 1,152 5,991 598 3,037,840 64,977 46,752,851 Europe
5 Italy 228,006   32,486   134,560 60,960 640 3,770 537 3,243,398 53,635 60,471,198 Europe
6 UK 250,908   36,042   N/A N/A 1,559 3,698 531 3,090,566 45,552 67,847,158 Europe
7 France 181,826   28,215   63,858 89,753 1,745 2,786 432 1,384,633 21,218 65,258,007 Europe
8 Sweden 32,172   3,871   4,971 23,330 352 3,188 384 209,900 20,798 10,092,371 Europe
9 Sint Maarten 77   15   59 3 1 1,798 350 437 10,205 42,821 North America
10 Netherlands 44,700   5,775   N/A N/A 255 2,609 337 302,395 17,652 17,130,802 Europe
11 Ireland 24,391   1,583   21,060 1,748 54 4,946 321 295,626 59,945 4,931,601 Europe
12 USA 1,621,333 +431 96,363 +9 382,244 1,142,726 17,907 4,901 291 13,479,242 40,749 330,790,544 North America
13 Isle of Man 336   24   303 9 2 3,954 282 4,353 51,221 84,984 Europe
14 Channel Islands 558   45   508 5   3,213 259 5,342 30,757 173,685 Europe
15 Switzerland 30,694   1,898   27,900 896 55 3,549 219

2 hours ago, Hotone said:

“And then,” he added, “there’s the American approach, which is: ‘What the hell — I heard something on Fox News. Let’s try it!’”

Unbiased opinion?  LOL!  (It did make me laugh, though!)

• Haha 2