Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ML

Stocks to Watch As Oil Prices Rise

Looking to put together a list of oil stocks to follow. Lots of talk about Marathon Oil as prices rise, but honestly, I'm not sold. Share prices uptrending on the month, but I don't see the fundamentals. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 8.33.38 AM.png

• Like 1

I like it (not Marathon, but the idea of putting together a list of oil stocks to watch right now. First off, not keen on Marathon either. They are first and foremost refiners and the US refining segment isn't really growing. Don't see that much upside here. 

Might be worth watching Valero Energy Partners (VLP), with earnings release scheduled for April 26. So, this is the subsidiary, not the parent, Valero Energy (VLO). VLP is the midstream subsidiary dealing with transportation of crude and refined products (also terminaling and logistics). Analyst expectations are for a 20.8% year-on-year EBITDA growth for Q1 thanks to higher drilling activity and recent acquisitions (Port Arthur terminal and Parkway Pipeline). 

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 8.40.22 AM.png

I'll throw in Viper Energy Partners ... earnings on 1 May. Just to keep an eye on. Expectations look solid, and they beat expectations last quarter, too. Might not look as good as Valero. Price targets anywhere from $26 to $35 as far as I can see, but a fair amount of 'buy' ratings. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 8.50.05 AM.png