BL

OP article, "The oil price rally may have come to an end, with the long-feared “second wave” of coronavirus infections having now arrived, posing renewed threats to the global economy". That's a Lie

Recommended Posts

(edited)

No second wave. That's dishonest. 

" .   .   with the long-feared “second wave” of coronavirus infections having now arrived"

Even the most ardent Trump haters don't spread that garbage. 

I thought Oil Price was supposed to be an Oil and Energy Investment information website.

Writers should keep their personal political views to themselves and stick to the Firm's charter.  

Deliberately going to print with false information is reckless.

There is no second wave of coronavirus at this time.  Period. 

Edited by BLA
  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, BLA said:

No second wave. 

Even the most ardent Trump haters don't spread that falsehood. 

I thought Oil Price was supposed to be an Oil and Energy Investment information website.

Writers should keep their personal political views to themselves and stick to the Firm's charter.  

Going to print with false information is reckless.

There is no second wave of coronavirus st this time.  Period. 

You are absolutely correct. In the US we had 1000 deaths per day on April 7, and the numbers never came down very much since then, so we never quit having our first wave and we therefore cannot be having a second wave yet.

deaths per day are decreasing in the areas around New Your City, so I suppose they could have a second wave there.  The deaths everywhere else in the country are going up, which is why the US number is roughly constant.

https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

This is relevant to OilPrice because oil traders are very sensitive to anything that may affect demand. a "second wave", either real or just a rumor, will have a strong effect on prices.

What does President Trump have to do with any of this?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

16 hours ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

 The deaths everywhere else in the country are going up, which is why the US number is roughly constant.

This is relevant to OilPrice because oil traders are very sensitive to anything that may affect demand. a "second wave", either real or just a rumor, will have a strong effect on prices.

You are sorely misinformed.

The U.S. has substantially increased testing.  Therefore the number of cases had gone up as expected.

THE IMPORTANT U.S. STATS ARE DOWN.

Hospitalizations : DOWN 👇

ICU Patients : DOWN 👇

DEATHS : DOWN👇

Pandemic Solution: OPEN ALL THE ECONOMIES 

* Protect the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. 

* Open the economy.  The herd immunity will take hold within a few months.   

The Democratic states and cities continue the state of emergency to increase Federal aid and promote political agendas.

Edited by BLA
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The year is 2020, while we still await the introduction of micro nuclear power plants, flying cars and the new fashion where everyone where's silver 'space' suits...we have mastered the dark art of reading graphs.

I can't wait for 2021 where we learn to wash our hands...oh wait

 

1.PNG

2.PNG

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BLA said:

You are sorely misinformed.

Perhaps. I provided a link to the data that I briefly summarized. Please provide a link to your data source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

Perhaps. I provided a link to the data that I briefly summarized. Please provide a link to your data source.

Not really you've given a link about the number of cases

Here's the deaths with a 7 day rolling average.

 

 

3.PNG

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And by the way, the average time it takes someone to die from this 'flu' is around 21-24 days

Work it back and you might just find out that....the peak infections was before your lockdown.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

Not really you've given a link about the number of cases

 

Sorry. The site I linked to has a a bunch of selectable graphs. To see what I was talking about you need to look at some that are not the ones on the default display. In particular, go the the "by state" graphs. there, you can see that the massive peak came from the NYC area, as did the subsequent decline. pretty much everybody else is trending upward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

Sorry. The site I linked to has a a bunch of selectable graphs. To see what I was talking about you need to look at some that are not the ones on the default display. In particular, go the the "by state" graphs. there, you can see that the massive peak came from the NYC area, as did the subsequent decline. pretty much everybody else is trending upward.

Deaths aren't trending upwards anywhere, the peak happened months ago as you would expect with flu...more tests make it look like more people are getting it which if true you would see a corresponding increase in deaths which isn't the case.

The economy on the other hand is now on life support thanks to the hysteria.

Going to be a tough few months if not years ahead

  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

deaths per day are decreasing in the areas around New Your City, so I suppose they could have a second wave there.  The deaths everywhere else in the country are going up, which is why the US number is roughly constant.

 

53 minutes ago, El Nikko said:

Deaths aren't trending upwards anywhere, the peak happened months ago as you would expect with flu...more tests make it look like more people are getting it which if true you would see a corresponding increase in deaths which isn't the case.

The NYC area should have herd immunity among the high transmission rate active adult population of subway riders and young barflies. So long as people with comorbidities are careful, there is no reason to expect a second wave of infections to gather momentum. Masks are mandatory in most offices and most importantly on the Subway.

The outbreaks in the South are air conditioning events related to the early June heat wave and people escaping the heat to air conditioned (i.e. enclosed without ventilation) public spaces. Temperature measurement charts do not show the breakouts continuing to gain momentum, they die back down when people stop crowding into air conditioned spaces when weather is more comfortable. But those breakouts are real with % positives rising. . .

The OP article is giving the MSM consensus view that there would be a second wave. That consensus has no substance behind it. Those areas that did not develop big breakouts in the first place, have a low density population and are not likely to get a second wave any faster than the initial and insignificant one. They would also not have more people using masks in enclosed public spaces.

So far, there are only local breakouts and they have no traction and die back. There is no real second wave.

 

  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

 

The NYC area should have herd immunity among the high transmission rate active adult population of subway riders and young barflies. So long as people with comorbidities are careful, there is no reason to expect a second wave of infections to gather momentum. Masks are mandatory in most offices and most importantly on the Subway.

The outbreaks in the South are air conditioning events related to the early June heat wave and people escaping the heat to air conditioned (i.e. enclosed without ventilation) public spaces. Temperature measurement charts do not show the breakouts continuing to gain momentum, they die back down when people stop crowding into air conditioned spaces when weather is more comfortable. But those breakouts are real with % positives rising. . .

The OP article is giving the MSM consensus view that there would be a second wave. That consensus has no substance behind it. Those areas that did not develop big breakouts in the first place, have a low density population and are not likely to get a second wave any faster than the initial and insignificant one. They would also not have more people using masks in enclosed public spaces.

So far, there are only local breakouts and they have no traction and die back. There is no real second wave.

 

It's like a flu...It will die in summer and maybe or maybe not come back in flu season and maybe instead of the flu...no doubt the media will hype it's return.

We just need to get TF back to work right now before everything collapses...100k oil field jobs gone todate in the US alone.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

You are absolutely correct. In the US we had 1000 deaths per day on April 7, and the numbers never came down very much since then, so we never quit having our first wave and we therefore cannot be having a second wave yet.

deaths per day are decreasing in the areas around New Your City, so I suppose they could have a second wave there.  The deaths everywhere else in the country are going up, which is why the US number is roughly constant.

https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

This is relevant to OilPrice because oil traders are very sensitive to anything that may affect demand. a "second wave", either real or just a rumor, will have a strong effect on prices.

What does President Trump have to do with any of this?

Dan you can find some more data here

https://covidtracking.com/data/us-daily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BLA said:

No second wave. That's dishonest. 

Even the most ardent Trump haters don't spread that garbage. 

I thought Oil Price was supposed to be an Oil and Energy Investment information website.

Writers should keep their personal political views to themselves and stick to the Firm's charter.  

Deliberately going to print with false information is reckless.

There is no second wave of coronavirus st this time.  Period. 

The second wave is hitting China, where the situation in Beijing is "extremely severe" and facing "explosive and concentrated outbreaks" of the Coronavirus.  If they can't bring this under control, oil demand and the world economy will be severely impacted.

https://theprint.in/world/beijing-situation-extremely-severe-as-covid-cases-reach-106-mass-testing-underway/442501/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BLA said:

No second wave. That's dishonest. 

Even the most ardent Trump haters don't spread that garbage. 

I thought Oil Price was supposed to be an Oil and Energy Investment information website.

Writers should keep their personal political views to themselves and stick to the Firm's charter.  

Deliberately going to print with false information is reckless.

There is no second wave of coronavirus st this time.  Period. 

This site is named OilPrice.com for a reason. It caters to oil traders, and oil traders are extremely sensitive to anything that may affect the price on a daily or even an hourly basis. Any rumor, any hint, any statement or meaningful si8lenec for any OPEC minister, is seized on and beaten to death. That's because oil trading is insane. This site has a vested interest in creating as much churn in the market as possible, since market churn drives interest in this site. Thus, the truth or falsity of a second wave is not relevant to whether or not the site should report on it. The site is reporting on the "second wave rumor" and its likely effects on the oil market. That is not dishonest. It's no different than reportage on other predictions that may or may not turn out to be true, like Goldman Sachs headlines, statements by the Fed, possible new finds in Guyana, or rumored stupid moves by big oil companies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, El Nikko said:

And by the way, the average time it takes someone to die from this 'flu' is around 21-24 days

Work it back and you might just find out that....the peak infections was before your lockdown.

Isn't this pretty conclusive proof that the lockdown worked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 6/16/2020 at 12:36 PM, Hotone said:

The second wave is hitting China, where the situation in Beijing is "extremely severe" and facing "explosive and concentrated outbreaks" of the Coronavirus.  If they can't bring this under control, oil demand and the world economy will be severely impacted.

https://theprint.in/world/beijing-situation-extremely-severe-as-covid-cases-reach-106-mass-testing-underway/442501/

Beijing never had a first wave.  They locked down Wuhan, exported virus to U.S. and Europe and contained it in Wuhan.  After a few cases Beijing lock down suspended first wave .  Never really had a first wave.  

YOU HAVE TO LET IT RUN ITS COURSE.

PROTECT THE VULNERABLE GROUPS. 

ONLY SOLUTION IS HERD IMMUNITY.

Democratic states and cities continue emergency declaration to increase Federal aid and promote political agendas. 

Not opening the economy to the 96% will only prolonging the virus.  The losses due to lock down already far exceeds the virus itself. 

 

 

Edited by BLA
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

18 hours ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

This site is named OilPrice.com for a reason. It caters to oil traders, and oil traders are extremely sensitive to anything that may affect the price on a daily or even an hourly basis. Any rumor, any hint, any statement or meaningful si8lenec for any OPEC minister, is seized on and beaten to death. That's because oil trading is insane. This site has a vested interest in creating as much churn in the market as possible, since market churn drives interest in this site. Thus, the truth or falsity of a second wave is not relevant to whether or not the site should report on it. The site is reporting on the "second wave rumor" and its likely effects on the oil market. That is not dishonest. It's no different than reportage on other predictions that may or may not turn out to be true, like Goldman Sachs headlines, statements by the Fed, possible new finds in Guyana, or rumored stupid moves by big oil companies.

So Oil Price is allowed to knowingly start false rumors to support oil traders.

They stated it as a fact. They did not report a rumor. 

Edited by BLA
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, BLA said:

So Oil Price is a load to start false rumors to support oil traders.

Oh, now I understand. 

Unprofessional.  

By the way oil is up today.  Retail sales increases in U.S. 17.7 % in May.  LOL

I trade oil.  I've made great money following two specific Oil Price writers by doing the exact opposite of what these two publish.  

 

I am not an oil trader. I see no evidence that OilPrice.com starts rumors. They report on rumors started elsewhere because those rumors affect the price of oil  futures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

OPECs last chance to resurrect the myth this June and July.

OPEC is ALL IN on production and export cuts in June / July .

Even Iraq and Nigeria are actually complying.  Looks like Saudis are really going to reduce deliveries to Asia. Really.

OPEC countries are oil states.  They have no choice. The existence of their governments are dependant on higher oil prices.

With hope and a prayer a last ditch effort is underway by OPEC for a June and July offensive that will try to recapture the illusion of their control of world oil pricing.  

Are the international majors cooperating.  Maybe ? We'll never know.  

I'm long August contracts.  It will work .  .  .  temporarily.  

The oil dependent OPEC countries can't win.  There is too much oil.  Outside of a ME war we will not see $70 anytime soon. 

OPEC control is just folk lore.  The smart money finally understands this. 

 

Edited by BLA
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

16 hours ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

I am not an oil trader. I see no evidence that OilPrice.com starts rumors. They report on rumors started elsewhere because those rumors affect the price of oil  futures.

Oil Price stated it as a fact.

 

Edited by BLA
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

On 6/16/2020 at 1:16 PM, Danlxyz said:

Isn't this pretty conclusive proof that the lockdown worked?

The lockdown stated objective was to flatten the curve so as to not overload the hospital's beyond capacity.  It worked.

Continuing lockdown just prolongs the harm and losses greater than the virus  itself.

OPEN ECONOMY

LET THE HERD IMMUNITY TAKE HOLD

 

Edited by BLA
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2020 at 9:47 PM, Dan Clemmensen said:

Sorry. The site I linked to has a a bunch of selectable graphs. To see what I was talking about you need to look at some that are not the ones on the default display. In particular, go the the "by state" graphs. there, you can see that the massive peak came from the NYC area, as did the subsequent decline. pretty much everybody else is trending upward.

There will be no big second peak. Maybe a hill and a lot of smaller ones from then on until a vaccine comes along. Urban crowding, public transit, and poor leadership in Blue Cities from Boston to Washington D.C. are responsible for half of the deaths in America. That is a very small bit of America's land mass! Add Detroit, Chicago, etc. and you would be close to two thirds of the cases in a very small area. I haven't seen anyone address this issue. It is an inconvenient truth! These Blue "leaders" are also insisting that other areas of their states suffer through business closures that do not apply to their area in the same way. I live in central Illinois, not Chicagoland. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2020 at 6:10 AM, BLA said:

The lockdown stated objective was to flatten the curve so as to not overload the hospital's beyond capacity.  It worked.

Continuing lockdown just prolongs the harm and losses greater than the virus  itself.

OPEN ECONOMY

LET THE HERD IMMUNITY TAKE HOLD

 

It was needed in the Northeast cities from Boston to D.C., Chicago, and Detroit. I am not so sure about other cities and definitely not for rural areas. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.