Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rodent

Tesla Represents All That is Wrong With The World

This puts Tesla in the same category as clowns, fruitcake, reality TV, and spam. Tesla Q1 results expected tomorrow after market close. They are expected to report double the Q1 2017 loss per share of over $3 per. 

But as I'm sure none of you are surprised, Tesla's stock is up ahead of the report, to the tune of more than 2%! Musk might be a visionary, but companies sooner or later have to report a profit... don't they?

Well they have to do it, or they should, but not sure if it will be in this Q1 report, although things looks much better for Tesla compared to last year. In first-quarter 2018, Tesla produced 34,494 vehicles, up 40% from fourth-quarter 2017 and it happens to be the most productive quarter in the history of the company. But high costs associated with the company's Model 3 ramp up are likely to have some negative impact on its results. But I guess we'll find out everything tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, Rodent said:

This puts Tesla in the same category as clowns, fruitcake, reality TV, and spam. Tesla Q1 results expected tomorrow after market close. They are expected to report double the Q1 2017 loss per share of over $3 per. 

But as I'm sure none of you are surprised, Tesla's stock is up ahead of the report, to the tune of more than 2%! Musk might be a visionary, but companies sooner or later have to report a profit... don't they?

Well yeah, but most of us tend to be biased towards the "sooner" part. Tesla may deliver in the "later" part. Imagine what will happen to the stock if they report actually better results than Q1 2017... When fandom meets facts there will be a bang and sparkles, not that I really expect this.

• Like 1

expected by wall street: 

Loss: -$3.58 per share (Reuters)   -$3.42 per share (Bloomberg)

Revenue: $3.22 billion (Reuters)    $3.32 billion (Bloomberg)

At 4:00 sharp, $TSLA was at $301.15  +1.23 (0.41%)

Actual loss -$3.35, actual revenue $3.32 billion.