Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Osama

Renewables.....makes more sense than $300.

Well..... I have always maintained that predicting oil prices is a very tricky business. However,one should always try to grasp the "trends" that have, are, and will shape the future of energy or in this case oil prices.

Following is such a big picture, trend tracking article. 

Let's discuss it in detail.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/03/oil-demand-and-prices-to-drop-as-solar-wind-energy-take-hold.html

• Upvote 1

It's an ideal time to take a break from oil. With oil on possible $300, even though I don't believe in it, or at least I hope it won't reach these heights, renewables really do make a lot of sense. The energy industry is changing very fast in favor of renewables. We are already witnessing to rapid decline in prices of wind and solar and great innovations  for energy storage. And bigger demand for these alternative energy sources will make it even easier for them and cheaper for us. And of course these inexplicably high oil prices. 

• Upvote 1

Yes...I agree. However, then there is a view that says....that oil will still be relevant as we all know it is not only energy that oil is used for! 

But I'll confess ...it is not hard to believe that with the pace the world is becoming "smart"...we'll see a Jetson-esque future very soon.