ES

COVID is real now

5 minutes ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

Much more expensive $.50-$1 each where I'm at. Theres no national coordination so the market is taking it's cut. They should be giving them away at every large store/mall/workplace for free. If you want people to mask up, give them masks.

In Alberta Canada you can get a four pack free at any McDonalds, A&W, or Tim Hortons.

• Upvote 2

(edited)

46 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

I said something. Not my job to educate everyone all the time. 

To your second point, here's something that happened to a friend of mine. He was an energy trader and figured out that Enron was screwing everyone. He made trades that capitalized on that knowledge. Later when the SEC had egg all over their face for not knowing what was going on with Enron they came down hard on him, using an argument exactly like yours. Since he hadn't reported it he was part of it. His company paid the fine and he wasn't allowed to trade anymore. He quit, sued everyone and made bank. That was a crap argument by the SEC. 

So, you just admitted your "friend" is a greedy coward and yea, I would gladly throw his ass in jail right along with the guys at Enron. He was being a thief right along with ENRON. 

Edited by footeab@yahoo.com

(edited)

15 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

So, you just admitted your "friend" is a greedy coward and yea, I would gladly throw his ass in jail right along with the guys at Enron. He was being a thief right along with ENRON. 

If I had insider information I probably would exploit it, but I would try not to be greedy to avoid getting caught.

Lets see trump taxes!  Haha

Under audit after 3 years?  Perhaps change the lie.

Edited by Enthalpic

1 hour ago, Enthalpic said:

If I had insider information I probably would exploit it, but I would try not to be greedy to avoid getting caught.

Lets see trump taxes!  Haha

Under audit after 3 years?  Perhaps change the lie.

Yeah, theres a bit too much effort to keep those hidden. Something seems off, whatever it is I’m sure we’ll find out in time

• Upvote 1

(edited)

7 hours ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

Yeah, theres a bit too much effort to keep those hidden. Something seems off, whatever it is I’m sure we’ll find out in time

Probably nothing super illegal; just embarrassing.

Hard to run a campaign of "I'm super rich and love America" when you are reporting low net income and paying no taxes.

"I have the best offshore accounts.  Nobody manages money better than me."

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

You guys don't go in for rights and due process, do you?  Trump's, and everyone else's, rights under the laws of the United States, and all that?  No?  Just don't get that?  Huh...

(edited)

32 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

You guys don't go in for rights and due process, do you?  Trump's, and everyone else's, rights under the laws of the United States, and all that?  No?  Just don't get that?  Huh...

I understand it is his right, sure; but why break convention of showing unless you have something to hide?

He can't say his 2016 taxes are still under audit.

Edited by Enthalpic

8 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I understand it is his right, sure; but why break convention of showing unless you have something to hide?

While there is some merit to your conversation...the Kavanaugh debacle enters into the picture..Then there was the Muller investigation..and on to sigluar party impeachment...a senate chit show...and finally Covid.

I do believe any person with a IQ of perhaps 60 would openly state..not so fast...not so fast...There is something afoot here with this current party of Democratic leadership. Perhaps Delusional Psychosis?

Let us hold off on this tax thing for a smidge,it would seem a possible pandemic of psychosis is running rampart along side of Covid...that TDS thing.

• Great Response! 2

(edited)

1 hour ago, Dan Warnick said:

No, I agree with you, Trump doesn't have any lawful duty to turn over his taxes. I'm just saying he spends an incredible amount of energy making sure we don't see them. No other recent president had issues showing their taxes. I find it a bit odd, kind of a "me thinks you protest too much" kind of observation. Time will tell if there's anything there or not.

Edited by Strangelovesurfing
  • Upvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

14 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Don't be ridiculous. My friend had the exact same information everyone else did including the SEC. Reporting someone to the SEC is no guarantee they'll pull their heads out of their assess and do anything. For instance people reported on Bernie Madoff for decades and the SEC did nothing

The SEC was embarrassed, they are always embarrassed because they don't do their jobs. They're being paid to do their job, my friend was being paid to do his job, not the SEC's for them. Is this so hard to understand? Enron was a counterparty in energy trading, along with hundreds of others. He deduced their trading strategy and "bet" accordingly.

Right now there are people with "betting" strategies concerning WTI pricing. Some of those people, backed by a lot of money may well be manipulating the entire market to suit their ends, which might be bad for America and bad for the oil industry. The SEC should be investigating these events, but they have one and only one skill. They know how to figure out something after it's too late to stop the damage. Notify them or don't, they're bunglecrats of the first order. 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

22 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Is it an aspirational goal of the left? Absolutely. Whether you choose to see that or not is not my concern. The left have trashed every city they control, they now are looking to trash the rest outside their (current) control. Every law they pass, or every judicial overreach from the bench serves to further that agenda. 

Unfortunately, Ward accurately describes the sequential developments of leftist politics.  I shall describe, but first, I would ask commenters to refrain from mis-characterizing Leftist political agendas as "Liberal."  I am a Liberal.  A Liberal concurs with liberal thought; Henry David Thoreau was a liberal; Benjamin Franklin was a liberal; The Dutchess of Sussex is a liberal.  A Leftist is a totalitarian, someone who seeks to force others to adhere to a strict line of thinking more akin to a skewed version of  political dogma. And that line is fundamentally totalitarian, which I would further describe as fascist.  Leftists are fascists. 

Here in Vermont, a poor rural State, where there are the dispossessed and the down-trodden, being ground up into abject poverty, the Legislature, instead of focusing on these critical issues, determined to spend its time passing a new Bill that bans hotels from providing their guests with - plastic sample-bottle size containers of soap, shampoo,   and toothpaste.  Plastic, you see, is the latest tantrum of the Leftists, and destroying those little plastic bottles from the market will save the landfills.  Never mind that all plastics can be converted into gasoline by existing technology.  Never mind that plastic bottles are fully recyclable.  No plastics!   And, while they are at it, the Leftists that control the Legislature have decreed that nobody is to be given a plastic grocery bag at the checkout.  Either you bring your own bags, or you carry it out in your hands, or you can buy a Paper bag for ten cents minimum, and never mind that that paper bag is far more environmentally destructive than that plastic bag.  And never mind that plastic bags can be manufactured with corn starch, so they will disintegrate when exposed to sunlight for some days.  Never mind all that, it is against the Mantra.  Ban it!

And meanwhile, I stand with mouth agape as the State Guard unit is handing out supplies of military MRE's  [Meals Ready to Eat] to the poor, who arrive in long lines over a mile long, they having been driven into destitution and have no food any more, and no money for any.  So the Legislature focuses on those little plastic sample bottles, because in the mind of the Leftist, ideological purity overshadows hunger and poverty.   What a lovely world the Leftists have created. 

Edited by Jan van Eck
  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 3

3 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

While there is some merit to your conversation..

There is no merit to showing tax returns to the public.  Tax matters are confidential, only between the tax-man and the tax-payer.  This idea that "the public has a right to know" is absurd.  It is more Leftist dogma, the idea that the Left will control your income, akin to the Puritans of old New England who want to control every single aspect of the lives of the members of the town, especially whom is sleeping with whom.  And that is classically totalitarian.  Meanwhile, as a practical matter, forcing candidates to go show their tax returns discourages large numbers of perfectly qualified candidates from service in public office, so it is a terrible idea,.   There is no legitimate basis for it, is is nothing more than the exemplar of control-freaks sticking their noses where they do not belong.  

So, in sum, there is no merit at all.  None. 

Mr. Trump is right to flatly refuse, as I would.  Forcing candidates to drop their drawers for public inspection is no different thhan demanding that candidates drop their pants and allow inspection of the reproductive organs so the public can determine if the candidate is circumcised, and the quality of that procedure as done on the candidate decades earlier.   Or, for that matter, demanding that a candidate who is not circumcised first submit to the procedure before being allowed to accept political office after election.  It is all, fascist. 

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/12/2020 at 4:26 AM, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

90 percent of US coronavirus deaths could have been avoided if measures had been taken just two weeks earlier

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/493128-90-percent-of-coronavirus-deaths-may-have-been

That means during the two months Trump lost by fantasizing about how the virus will go away by itself and how it's just a hoax, or slightly worse flu. 

What were the Governors of our 57 50 states doing during these 2 weeks/months.  We have 50 Governors who are responsible for their state's citizens who didn't make the right move.  Make that 49 as Rhode Island is winning awards for the best poor response.  24 Governors are Dems who if only had moved two weeks earlier could have saved 90% of their state's virus victims?  I can't believe these 24 Dem Governors were acting solely based on what their biggest political enemy and their best friend Fauci suggested.  What were they doing??    

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

I am a Liberal. 

If are two words that have been bastardized more than "liberal" and "conservative" I don't know them. I suppose if want to be funny "gay" runs third.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

a new Bill that bans hotels from providing their guests with - plastic sample-bottle size containers of soap, shampoo,   and toothpaste. 

The hotel industry would love that - it would save them a lot of money.

Trump would eat that shit up

Probably a conservative hotel lobbyist backing that bill, playing it up as extreme environmentalism. 

• Rolling Eye 1

Since when is caring about the environment bad?  I understand there has to be trade-offs, but sometimes people here auto-hate anything good for nature...

• Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, Jan van Eck said:

Forcing candidates to drop their drawers for public inspection is no different thhan demanding that candidates drop their pants and allow inspection of the reproductive organs so the public can determine if the candidate is circumcised, and the quality of that procedure as done on the candidate decades earlier.

Now that's what you'd call a truncated amendment to the old body politic!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

There is no merit to showing tax returns to the public.  Tax matters are confidential, only between the tax-man and the tax-payer.  This idea that "the public has a right to know" is absurd.  It is more Leftist dogma, the idea that the Left will control your income, akin to the Puritans of old New England who want to control every single aspect of the lives of the members of the town, especially whom is sleeping with whom.  And that is classically totalitarian.  Meanwhile, as a practical matter, forcing candidates to go show their tax returns discourages large numbers of perfectly qualified candidates from service in public office, so it is a terrible idea,.   There is no legitimate basis for it, is is nothing more than the exemplar of control-freaks sticking their noses where they do not belong.  

So, in sum, there is no merit at all.  None. 

Mr. Trump is right to flatly refuse, as I would.  Forcing candidates to drop their drawers for public inspection is no different thhan demanding that candidates drop their pants and allow inspection of the reproductive organs so the public can determine if the candidate is circumcised, and the quality of that procedure as done on the candidate decades earlier.   Or, for that matter, demanding that a candidate who is not circumcised first submit to the procedure before being allowed to accept political office after election.  It is all, fascist. 

Merit as in sincerity...not to be confused with foundational. Can one not be sincere in their beliefs even though they lack any foundation? Hence delusional psychosis..and hanging on to ill founded merit.. hence psychosis

3 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

The hotel industry would love that - it would save them a lot of money.

Trump would eat that shit up

Probably a conservative hotel lobbyist backing that bill, playing it up as extreme environmentalism. 

So you're saying you personally wouldn't mind a communal bottle of shampoo, which the previous guest did God knows what with before you washed your hair? That bottle of conditioner might not even be conditioner. Meanwhile you blithely ignored the salient facts, the state is in freaking turmoil and the citizens are in dire straits but the freaking environment is the most important thing? Really? You should try using that head on your shoulders for more than just a hat rack. 

• Like 2

(edited)

14 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

So you're saying you personally wouldn't mind a communal bottle of shampoo, which the previous guest did God knows what with before you washed your hair?

I assumed they just wouldn't provide shampoo at all.  I have used shampoo dispensers at the pool.

My lady won't use hotel crap so there would always be something around for me.

Edited by Enthalpic

16 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Meanwhile you blithely ignored the salient facts, the state is in freaking turmoil

I am the last person you should say ignores the state of turmoil. I point it out daily.

today us fail.png

33 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I am the last person you should say ignores the state of turmoil. I point it out daily.

today us fail.png

Measly death counts that are in the true 0.1-0.5% range, compared to economic devastation on an unprecedented scale. Sorry dude, that dog won't hunt. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Measly death counts that are in the true 0.1-0.5% range, compared to economic devastation on an unprecedented scale. Sorry dude, that dog won't hunt. 

Go trump? Captain of the failboat.

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

59 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Go trump? Captain of the failboat.

You sit up there in Canada, as a Canadian national, and yet you bombard OilPrice Forum with these large number of posts in which you denigrate the President of the United States.  It would be unseemly, in my view, for anyone in Canada to take that posture.  The US President is the nation's chief executive, and as anyone in your diplomatic corps will inform you, being on good terms with him personally as the Chief Officer, and with Americans generally as the neighbors, is in your interests.  Nonetheless, you consistently take every opportunity to write these stridently unfriendly comments.   You have a history of doing that, including to me. 

I remind you that while Americans tend to be friendly folks and both mellow and tolerant, especially of strangers, at some point the rawness of the constant criticism, and especially the tone thereof, wears that out, and you certainly do not want to be on the receiving end of it when that friendliness wears out.  I remind you that the USA is Canada's largest market for the goods that employ the most Canadians, ranging from manufactured goods to forest products to minerals to oil.Americans buy from Canadians and also visit (until you closed the Border) in large numbers, and spent consistently large amounts of coin, with which Canadians have enjoyed a historically fabulous standard of living.  Keep up the jibes, the nasty comments, the gratuitous insults, and guess what:  at some point, the US will shrug its shoulders and simply stop doing business with Canada.  

You don't want to be living there when that happens.  The hurt would be past tremendous, all the way to catastrophic.  You would be re-living the disaster of the Weimar Republic, with runaway inflation and currency debasement.  The Loonie would drop to three cents in the first year, then to fractals the second.  The nation's savings would get wiped out.  In short, Canada exists because Americans spend their money there. 

Nobody claims Mr. Trump, or anybody else in US politics, is perfect.  That said, he is the elected Executive, so roll with it. Make it your mid-year's Resolution to avoid nasty comments and focus on thoughtful ones.  And count your many blessings, brought to you by American spending. 

Edited by Jan van Eck
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

No, I agree with you, Trump doesn't have any lawful duty to turn over his taxes. I'm just saying he spends an incredible amount of energy making sure we don't see them. No other recent president had issues showing their taxes. I find it a bit odd, kind of a "me thinks you protest too much" kind of observation. Time will tell if there's anything there or not.

That's kind of my take on it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1