周永樂

U.S. crude output increased last week-why and what next?

(edited)

My guess is that the increase in oil production in the US is due to companies resuming production on shut-in wells. Rig levels are still highly subdued in the US, so I assume production declines will kick in soon. I think that we will see that production begin to taper off again by the end of the summer/early fall as well declines kick in.

As for what next, it is a guessing game. If oil continues to hover around $40/barrel, I could see shale producers starting to increase rig/completion rig counts to keep production flat. But that is just a guess.

Edited by Junior Geo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Junior Geo said:

My guess is that the increase in oil production in the US is due to companies resuming production on shut-in wells. Rig levels are still highly subdued in the US, so I assume production declines will kick in soon. I think that we will see that production begin to taper off again by the end of the summer/early fall as well declines kick in.

As for what next, it is a guessing game. If oil continues to hover around $40/barrel, I could see shale producers starting to increase rig/completion rig counts to keep production flat. But that is just a guess.

Yes.Maybe shale companies need to pay the increased debt accumulated in the decades. And rigs will have a limited rise.