YK

Trumpist lies about coronavirus too bad for Facebook - BANNED!

(edited)

50 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Metabolic syndrome is not synonymous with metabolic rate. Don't conflate diabetes with obesity, they are two different things. Obesity can be a cause of type 2 diabetes in some individuals and not in others. Type one diabetes is genetic and they are often thin. Obesity may or may not cause problems but usually does have a deleterious effect over time. Obesity is the biggest cause of illness (in Western countries) overall. 

I am not in confusion, lost a brother to to diabetes. Have a read below, most people in the medical community are dismissive or simply call things of this nature a black art. The doc below goes directly to metabolic syndrome.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3354945/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5075254/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Obesity is the primary cause of diabetes and it is common in the Western World. We want to eat as if we need that much food while having very little physical activity. Obesity also causes joint problems requiring new joints and "metabolic syndrome" which includes coronary artery disease which can lead to strokes, heart attacks, etc. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolic_syndrome

If Diabetes is a primary cause of death via Covid, then the Eastern Asian peoples should be dying left and right like flies as their diabetes rate is several times any other demographic group.  OF course fat people have the complications of heart problems which is the actual problem as it appears that Covid creates clots.  So in the young, no problem as their arteries are open and pliable, but the old have constricted arteries, and filled with crap. 

Just an FYI, not that it has much to do with your post but, "fleshing" out the subject of this disease. 

• Like 3

(edited)

Trump only said what the stats suggest and what many doctors have also suggested. But the Leftist MSM and Social Media cannot tolerate the truth and will do everything they can to interfere with the 2020 elections.

Edited by Radha
  • Upvote 1

On 8/7/2020 at 4:20 PM, Enthalpic said:

Fewer.  Try to do the math yourself; when you struggle I will provide pointers.

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/table4c6.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_table

How could YOU possibly know how many of these people would have died from causes other than the Covid-19 virus? 
The answer to that question is, ‘I couldn’t know.’

You constantly want to appear as the smartest person in the discussion and then make a statement that indicates that you are dumber than a sack full of hammer handles!

Carry on, your entertainment value is increasing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

18 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

How could YOU possibly know how many of these people would have died from causes other than the Covid-19 virus? 
The answer to that question is, ‘I couldn’t know.’

You constantly want to appear as the smartest person in the discussion and then make a statement that indicates that you are dumber than a sack full of hammer handles!

Carry on, your entertainment value is increasing.

Those tables don't care about the cause of death, they are based of the probability of dying (or already being dead) from all causes.  Life insurance companies and pension plans love them.  Life insurance companies will hate paying out when a 40 year old -who was expected to pay premiums much longer- dies.  Pension plans will benefit from all the people in the 65-70 range who die (they were expected to live longer and already paid their premiums).

If you did the math you would find that certain demographics (older) are dying more than they should be historically

I can't tell if any particular person died from covid, but with large sample sizes I can you if something is off.  

Imagine flipping a coin, I can't tell you with any certainty that the first flip will be heads; but I can tell you that if you do 300,000,000 flips and the ratio is coming out 52% heads 48% tails something is wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_limit_theorem

Carry on misunderstanding concepts.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2020 at 4:15 PM, Enthalpic said:

Rest assured, I don't use Facebook for information.

Reading tea leaves and goat’s intestines is just as accurate, apparently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/8/2020 at 9:54 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

I am not in confusion, lost a brother to to diabetes. Have a read below, most people in the medical community are dismissive or simply call things of this nature a black art. The doc below goes directly to metabolic syndrome.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3354945/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5075254/

Good articles. I really don't have an opinion on testosterone replacement therapy. It is tempting for those who can afford the real injections. There are concerns regarding psychological and cardiac side effects. "Roid rage" comes to mind. Sylvester Stallone made a fortune using it. I think it is probably a bad idea after a certain age. The supplements short of actual testosterone are affordable but I have no opinion on them. 

8 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Good articles. I really don't have an opinion on testosterone replacement therapy. It is tempting for those who can afford the real injections. There are concerns regarding psychological and cardiac side effects. "Roid rage" comes to mind. Sylvester Stallone made a fortune using it. I think it is probably a bad idea after a certain age. The supplements short of actual testosterone are affordable but I have no opinion on them. 

It is a badly misunderstood area of medicine, for example in older men lack of T actually creates frustration and rage. There are so many nuances to this topic it almost defies imagination. Stallone was more than probably on a combo from hell.

Modern medicine is now finally cutting thru the political BS and discovering the exact opposite to the cardiac effects. Is it the end all to be all of course not that i will give you....but it does fall in the same vein and T-cell therapy..and when t-cell therapy is finally introduced it will change many many things..It is not a stretch to say chemo and radiation therapy will soon be termed barbaric caveman techniques.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

It is a badly misunderstood area of medicine, for example in older men lack of T actually creates frustration and rage. There are so many nuances to this topic it almost defies imagination. Stallone was more than probably on a combo from hell.

Modern medicine is now finally cutting thru the political BS and discovering the exact opposite to the cardiac effects. Is it the end all to be all of course not that i will give you....but it does fall in the same vein and T-cell therapy..and when t-cell therapy is finally introduced it will change many many things..It is not a stretch to say chemo and radiation therapy will soon be termed barbaric caveman techniques.

I hope you are right about the future! I would like to know more about what you are talking about regarding testosterone therapy. At 75 with atrial fib I doubt that any products are a good idea for me though. I think that fasting actually provides the answer to all the central obesity issues and has many benefits not widely known. I just need to work harder at it. I had scarlet fever as a child and have lived with a heart murmur all my life. Got through the army with it though. No real problems, I was just not as athletic as I could have been. I have a leaky valve that they check it yearly for effectiveness. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I hope you are right about the future! I would like to know more about what you are talking about regarding testosterone therapy. At 75 with atrial fib I doubt that any products are a good idea for me though. I think that fasting actually provides the answer to all the central obesity issues and has many benefits not widely known. I just need to work harder at it. I had scarlet fever as a child and have lived with a heart murmur all my life. Got through the army with it though. No real problems, I was just not as athletic as I could have been. I have a leaky valve that they check it yearly for effectiveness. 

Have a Google of arterial fiberlation and low testosterone...EyesOpen. 

• Like 1

(edited)

13 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Testosterone replacement is not a panacea; obviously women have less of it and tend to live longer.

I do support some short term use of testosterone supplementation, or aromatase blockage, as an interventional therapy.

Adipose tissue releases hormonal signals that keep you fat.  It makes a vicious feedback loop; "Can't exercise well because I'm fat" while the fat is hormonally telling you to get even fatter.  Thus, a short-term drug that cuts off the get even fatter feedback from the adipose tissue can be warranted.

If you choose to use the stuff for longer terms, or large amounts, it is trading quality of life for quantity of life (live fast die young).

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Upvote 2