MP

America Could Go Fully Electric Right Now

On 8/13/2020 at 9:03 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

Let’s say we could go 100% electric right now...who the hell wants to?

We are 100% electric, we get electricity from oil, gas, coal and the other piddly stuff LOL

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 3

On 9/9/2020 at 1:17 AM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Sure.  No one is doing firewood due to economics unless you live rural and obtaining a part time 2nd job is not viable.  One the part time jobs are not just laying about waiting for you to grab them and 2 no one who is NOT living rural has access to cheap firewood, so it is not viable.  Rural people have this thing called TIME on their hands so instead of buying propane, and since they do not have access to NG for heating, but do have time and free wood, cut it, split it, move it, stack it, and burn it as it saves money.  Same reason anyone has a garden/raises chickens.  Long term you save money as other avenues of saving or making money are not available.  Same reason people self insulate their homes instead of hiring it out.  Same reason people work on their own vehicles instead of hiring it out.  Same reason people fix their homes instead of hiring it out.  Ability to make a tidy high hourly wage instead of doing the work yourself, does not exist for most people or they have not put themselves in position to just "work" overtime for the ability to pay someone else to do the scut work.

Spot on.

I worked as a plumbers mate one summer when I was at high school. He didn't pay that well but taught me everything I needed to know about plumbing and heating systems. Over the years I have put in new boilers, water tanks, pipe work, solar water heating, pumps, valves, control systems in my own homes. 

Works well as most the plumbers round my way charge £70-£80 an hour and drive Bentleys. 

Example I put in our new boiler and heating control system last month. Took 4 days with other work. Saved about £1900 and that's tax free.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, ceo_energemsier said:

We are 100% electric, we get electricity from oil, gas, coal and the other piddly stuff LOL

I've been wanting to say something along those lines for a while on this topic.  You nailed it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Biden wants to spend 40 billion 10 years in a row according to what I read. I think that needs to be closer to 100 billion per year on green initiatives. But 40 not 400 billion and trillions. Go google.

21 hours ago, ceo_energemsier said:

In the US that other piddly stuff adds up to way more than oil or coal. Natural gas is the last fossil standing for electricity and its days for electricity are numbered on the order of two decades.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boat said:

Biden wants to spend 40 billion 10 years in a row according to what I read. I think that needs to be closer to 100 billion per year on green initiatives. But 40 not 400 billion and trillions. Go google.

The problem here is people often assume the amount spent in subsidies etc equals the entire capital cost to get infrastructure built. So lets say 10MW wind turbines cost $30m a piece $40bn will get 1300 turbines built. 

The $40bn is basically a lure to draw in larger amounts of private money because once built the turbines will generate a significant income stream so $40bn would get a lot more turbines built than whats suggested in the first paragraph. 

8 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

In the US that other piddly stuff adds up to way more than oil or coal. Natural gas is the last fossil standing for electricity and its days for electricity are numbered on the order of two decades.

Enjoy future CA-esque power issues, enjoy blackouts !!!

• Upvote 1

On 8/14/2020 at 1:03 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

Let’s say we could go 100% electric right now...who the hell wants to?

Doug, you have clearly not been directly affected by climate change yet. Hundreds of millions of people have been. Not a case of WANTING to go 100% electric, more a case of NEEDING to. If you think the fires in California or Australia are normal, then what can I say? Did you know that floods are the most expensive type of natural disaster? They are getting worse too. Here in Queensland about 10 years ago, we copped 36 inches of rain in 5 hours. I kid you not. The costs of climate change already dwarf any economic benefit from the use of fossil fuels. I am a bit of a petrol-head myself, the thought of having to drive an electric car bothers me too, but I suppose it will be a small sacrifice to protect my children's future.

• Like 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

On 9/5/2020 at 10:59 AM, Rob Kramer said:

So when energy gets more expensive what then?

I dont think spending taxes to fix stuff is a profitable business. Doubt the awarded contractors tax would cover the bill. Now if you had a fuel to tax that could cover that bill. Now considering ice is 30% efficient? And idles at a stop and down a hill what is the rate of taxation on charging to keep incoming tax even?

But theres actually not many ways to employ people. Everything is automated and using 1/4 of the people (except the carbon intense jobs) . Now theres 4x the stores employing 1/4 of the employees they were hanging on by a thread. It's more beneficial to have many meaningful high paying jobs than mostly low paying jobs. But we clearly see this opposite.  I see low cost energy turning high cost. You say high cost energy is going low cost. Only difference is the most renewable places has the most expensive energy and that is an undisputed fact. 

You make some great points Rob, am really enjoying this discussion and agree with both of you. I see low cost energy turning high cost, not due to renewables, but in spite of them. The cost of fossil fuels will sky-rocket once over-production is cleared from the system. Most FF's are being sold at a loss right now. Where I agree with you is on the job front. Coal mining and O&G jobs seem to be all that are left for the blue collar worker now that manufacturing has been "off-shored" (at least in USA and Australia). Europe is a different story. They import most of their energy and still have half their manufacturing base. They are streets ahead when it comes to planning for the future, and I think that USA and Australia will need to figure out how to export cheap renewable energy. This is why I am such a big fan of the H2 economy. If we can produce cheap H2, then happy days! In the meantime, I hope that LNG continues to displace coal so that the infrastructure gets built that will enable the transition to H2.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wombat said:

You make some great points Rob, am really enjoying this discussion and agree with both of you. I see low cost energy turning high cost, not due to renewables, but in spite of them. The cost of fossil fuels will sky-rocket once over-production is cleared from the system. Most FF's are being sold at a loss right now. Where I agree with you is on the job front. Coal mining and O&G jobs seem to be all that are left for the blue collar worker now that manufacturing has been "off-shored" (at least in USA and Australia). Europe is a different story. They import most of their energy and still have half their manufacturing base. They are streets ahead when it comes to planning for the future, and I think that USA and Australia will need to figure out how to export cheap renewable energy. This is why I am such a big fan of the H2 economy. If we can produce cheap H2, then happy days! In the meantime, I hope that LNG continues to displace coal so that the infrastructure gets built that will enable the transition to H2.

Glad you enjoyed the read.  I gotta say I totally disagree that there is man made climate change and that energy costs are rising despite renewables.  But each holds their own veiw. I'd just say my opinion is that tax and renewables is what's putting up the prices. I'm sure you caught that above tho. Most of my family works in steel mills construction and hvac and some in a technology IOT area I really dont understand. But since covid and climate change narrative (for us non believers) carbon tax has put up prices. Also government incentives are ripping off 90% of the population to enrich (I mean save the planet) 10% of population with solar and or electric cars. Distance to jobs dont change the way steel is made is the same the source of material is the same ect ect ect . So how this tax is working is beyond me.  Luckily fossil fuels have fallen the years these measures have been implemented.... Unfortunately that debt racked up by fossil fuels is breaking their backs and now it's going to spill over onto the world that indebted them. Also covid hit fast forward then Russia and saudi did 4x ff and now a hurricane and low refining margins along with tourism still closed is at 8x fast forward. The gap that fossil fuels price was supposed  to fall over the entire term tax and incentives rose just closed ... because of the actions of our governments . What's going to happen is the hard times will come and then the population will recognize the error and flip flop back to the other side .... or they'll double down and  blame it on fossil fuels and then the gap between rich and poor will enlarge further. Hope there wasn't too much repetition in their from other posts . I just dont see a way to not go down these roads and I certainly dont know what recovery will look like.  How my kids will own a home is beyond me. When I grew up we had a 2600sq ft home on 1+1/3rd acre. Land was 34k and all in my dad built it for 180k?  It sold few years later for 230? Could a been 280k in a better set of circumstances.  Now I live in a home 1/6th the size. Wages are lower (except min wage) the house itself is 40 years older . Land is 1/10th the size and it's worth 400k I'm told. That's 14years later. My older neighbors paid 60-70k for their bigger homes in my area. And the home I grew up in probably 700k+ now. So if inflation rises 300% + in the next 14 years when my son is 17 small homes will be 1.2M$ .... almost identical to Toronto prices. Will min wage be 14$×3.00%?... highly doubt it. What about rates can they drop from 14% to 2.9% like from my dads day to mine? So what negative 10% interest in the future? Doubt it. Also rent is going to rise with home prices. So I dont see how tax covering covid and liberal wealth equalization will keep up without destroying the businesses hanging on by a thread. Personally I try not to think about it lol wish I was dumber than I am than I could live in bliss lol. Anyways that's my take . 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

6 hours ago, ceo_energemsier said:

Enjoy future CA-esque power issues, enjoy blackouts !!!

Are you speaking to Texas?

It is really going to be funny in 2030 when the Texas power mix is 

10% Nuclear

40% Gas

50% Solar Wind Storage

And by 2040 it will be 90% SWS.

Oh and everyone will be super proudly driving a Texas made Tesla.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

56 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

10% Nuclear

40% Gas

50% Solar Wind Storage

Good luck, enjoy your Tesla!!!!

7 hours ago, Rob Kramer said:

Glad you enjoyed the read.  I gotta say I totally disagree that there is man made climate change and that energy costs are rising despite renewables.  But each holds their own veiw. I'd just say my opinion is that tax and renewables is what's putting up the prices. I'm sure you caught that above tho. Most of my family works in steel mills construction and hvac and some in a technology IOT area I really dont understand. But since covid and climate change narrative (for us non believers) carbon tax has put up prices. Also government incentives are ripping off 90% of the population to enrich (I mean save the planet) 10% of population with solar and or electric cars. Distance to jobs dont change the way steel is made is the same the source of material is the same ect ect ect . So how this tax is working is beyond me.  Luckily fossil fuels have fallen the years these measures have been implemented.... Unfortunately that debt racked up by fossil fuels is breaking their backs and now it's going to spill over onto the world that indebted them. Also covid hit fast forward then Russia and saudi did 4x ff and now a hurricane and low refining margins along with tourism still closed is at 8x fast forward. The gap that fossil fuels price was supposed  to fall over the entire term tax and incentives rose just closed ... because of the actions of our governments . What's going to happen is the hard times will come and then the population will recognize the error and flip flop back to the other side .... or they'll double down and  blame it on fossil fuels and then the gap between rich and poor will enlarge further. Hope there wasn't too much repetition in their from other posts . I just dont see a way to not go down these roads and I certainly dont know what recovery will look like.  How my kids will own a home is beyond me. When I grew up we had a 2600sq ft home on 1+1/3rd acre. Land was 34k and all in my dad built it for 180k?  It sold few years later for 230? Could a been 280k in a better set of circumstances.  Now I live in a home 1/6th the size. Wages are lower (except min wage) the house itself is 40 years older . Land is 1/10th the size and it's worth 400k I'm told. That's 14years later. My older neighbors paid 60-70k for their bigger homes in my area. And the home I grew up in probably 700k+ now. So if inflation rises 300% + in the next 14 years when my son is 17 small homes will be 1.2M$ .... almost identical to Toronto prices. Will min wage be 14$×3.00%?... highly doubt it. What about rates can they drop from 14% to 2.9% like from my dads day to mine? So what negative 10% interest in the future? Doubt it. Also rent is going to rise with home prices. So I dont see how tax covering covid and liberal wealth equalization will keep up without destroying the businesses hanging on by a thread. Personally I try not to think about it lol wish I was dumber than I am than I could live in bliss lol. Anyways that's my take . 

Yes, ignorant bliss sounds good to me too sometimes! Also agree that the cost of housing is bloody criminal. I am not sure that the average Joe can see the link between the rise of China and the fall in living standards in the West. We have all been riding the "population ponzi scheme" for 3 decades now. Our economies have been based on rising population and rising debt. At least the covid crises has reduced the rates of immigration. And put the focus on manufacturing our own goods again. I hope the US re-elects Trump, and that he starts raising Tariffs in a big way. Wish the Australian Govt would do the same. It will never be possible to compete with China whilst they manipulate their currency. Globalisation has been a disaster for the West, but when 60% of the pop'n "owns" a house (ie: owns a huge mortgage), most voters only care that their property price goes up and don't realise that they may as well be buying a tulip in 16th century Holland. Personally, I don't think zero rates are gonna "fix things" this time. The only thing propping up house prices at the moment is a freeze on evictions. Things are gonna get super-ugly next year I think. I am expecting the covid depression to morph into a full-blown financial crises next year, not just the banking sector, but a sovereign debt crises too. Ever since we have had economists peddling the dangerous concept that trade deficits do not matter, and that home-grown manufacturing is irrelevant, we have been on a downward spiral and have been using ever greater amounts of debt to cover over the cracks. Unfortunately, both sides of politics are determined to wipe out the middle class which is why they have ganged up against Trump. Things are just as bad here in Australia, and the UK is on it's way out too. I hope that the US, UK, Canada, New Zealand and Australia can sign an economic pact and close our economies to the rest of the world. There is talk about it in high places, they call it "the Anglo-sphere". We would only have free trade with a select few EM's such as India and a few SE Asian nations, plus Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan. I am sure this is just a pipe-dream but at least it is being talked about now.

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On 9/11/2020 at 4:08 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

10% Nuclear

40% Gas

50% Solar Wind Storage

er... 0% Nuclear

10% Gas

90% Solar Wind Storage

And by 2040 most technologies we're dependent on today will be defunct.

Oh and everyone will be super proudly driving a Texas made Tesla-GM-VW-Honda-Daihatsu-Geely.

Remember, by 2030 Musk will be on Mars.

Edited by Meredith Poor
Gratuitous comment.

18 hours ago, Wombat said:

Yes, ignorant bliss sounds good to me too sometimes! Also agree that the cost of housing is bloody criminal. I am not sure that the average Joe can see the link between the rise of China and the fall in living standards in the West. We have all been riding the "population ponzi scheme" for 3 decades now. Our economies have been based on rising population and rising debt. At least the covid crises has reduced the rates of immigration. And put the focus on manufacturing our own goods again. I hope the US re-elects Trump, and that he starts raising Tariffs in a big way. Wish the Australian Govt would do the same. It will never be possible to compete with China whilst they manipulate their currency. Globalisation has been a disaster for the West, but when 60% of the pop'n "owns" a house (ie: owns a huge mortgage), most voters only care that their property price goes up and don't realise that they may as well be buying a tulip in 16th century Holland. Personally, I don't think zero rates are gonna "fix things" this time. The only thing propping up house prices at the moment is a freeze on evictions. Things are gonna get super-ugly next year I think. I am expecting the covid depression to morph into a full-blown financial crises next year, not just the banking sector, but a sovereign debt crises too. Ever since we have had economists peddling the dangerous concept that trade deficits do not matter, and that home-grown manufacturing is irrelevant, we have been on a downward spiral and have been using ever greater amounts of debt to cover over the cracks. Unfortunately, both sides of politics are determined to wipe out the middle class which is why they have ganged up against Trump. Things are just as bad here in Australia, and the UK is on it's way out too. I hope that the US, UK, Canada, New Zealand and Australia can sign an economic pact and close our economies to the rest of the world. There is talk about it in high places, they call it "the Anglo-sphere". We would only have free trade with a select few EM's such as India and a few SE Asian nations, plus Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan. I am sure this is just a pipe-dream but at least it is being talked about now.

Well with Tudope here i doubt Canada gets ahead with good ideas. Just saw on my stock app (just a ticker tracker) that Canada has a clean fuels policy that's being updated. So trying to make liquid fossil fuel (then gaseous) 30% cleaner? Something about blending 12% (more?) bio fuels and buying carbon credits .... perfect timing raise cost of food and fuel when US production next year will be at like 9M b/d .... mabey the bio fuel will be cheaper than oil (at that point) but carbon credits arnt . I guess if we all work hard and stay diligent there will always be work to trade for food and lodge. Or everyone here wakes up when they cant go to Tim's and buy a coffee and says screw this BS tax! and gasoline falls 11c/L . But ya what you described would be sweet . But the western way of life will probably not be as great as it has been going forward. I am grateful for what it has been tho. Optimism is key lol. Or again blissfull ignorance.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wombat said:

Ever since we have had economists peddling the dangerous concept that trade deficits do not matter, and that home-grown manufacturing is irrelevant, we have been on a downward spiral and have been using ever greater amounts of debt to cover over the cracks. 

Well I have to speak up for economic history. Ricardo was the first economist to say it in his work on comparative advantage in 1817. So it hasn't been all downhill since then. 

3 hours ago, Rob Kramer said:

Well with Tudope here i doubt Canada gets ahead with good ideas. Just saw on my stock app (just a ticker tracker) that Canada has a clean fuels policy that's being updated. So trying to make liquid fossil fuel (then gaseous) 30% cleaner? Something about blending 12% (more?) bio fuels and buying carbon credits .... perfect timing raise cost of food and fuel when US production next year will be at like 9M b/d .... mabey the bio fuel will be cheaper than oil (at that point) but carbon credits arnt . I guess if we all work hard and stay diligent there will always be work to trade for food and lodge. Or everyone here wakes up when they cant go to Tim's and buy a coffee and says screw this BS tax! and gasoline falls 11c/L . But ya what you described would be sweet . But the western way of life will probably not be as great as it has been going forward. I am grateful for what it has been tho. Optimism is key lol. Or again blissfull ignorance.

1. What is the value of water (or in particular, drinkable water) to humans? What percentage of the world's population is living without clean water? What will have to be done to give most of the world's population access to clean water?

2. How many 32bit/64bit CPUs and embedded controllers were manufactured and sold in 2019? This includes all ARM chips, Intel x86/x64, and 'other'. In comparison, how many software developers are there in the world?

3. If computers have been in common use since the 1960's, how many distinct applications are currently in use, and what is their average age? What is the relationship between the number of software developers available now in comparison with the totality of all applications in use?

4. It was common in the 1930's to have 'local brands' for beer and soda pop, with one or more breweries and bottling plants in each town. When and why did local bottling plants shut down? Does this illustrate a wider reason why a lot of manufacturing has consolidated into a much smaller number of much larger plants over time?

5. Make a list of the five most damaging 'invasive species' in North America. Are they breeding out of control, and if so, what is it going to take to bring them under control?

6. At what age did workers typically enter the workforce in 1900, in Europe, the US, and Canada? What was the typical lowest worker age in 1960? What is the typical lowest working age now? If they are significantly different, why are they different?

7. Assume that there is a collection of 'essential' occupations, such as teacher, doctor, grocery store stocking clerk, barber/hair stylist, and truck driver. What are the 100 work roles with the largest membership each, and what percentage of the workforce do each of these 'essential' roles employ? How many distinct large 'essential' roles are there, and how much of the workforce is made up of these 'essential' workers?

8. If one were to add up the populations of the US, Canada, and Mexico, then divide by the average household size (say, 2.5 people), and house each of these households on an 'average' residential lot (perhaps 500 square meters or 6000 square feet), how much area would this cover (in, for example, square kilometres or miles)? If this area was a square, what would be the length of each side of the square? Which state or province is closest in size to this area?

9. What country is the largest in terms of population that has an 'above replacement' birth rate (in other words, a rate equal to or higher than 2.1 children per woman)? Within that country, how many of the provinces/states have birthrates that are 'above replacement'? If there are a significant number that are 'below replacement', what is the major difference between the ones that are 'below' and the ones that are 'above' replacement?

10. If one assumes that an adult human needs 2000 'Calories' per day to survive (a 'dietary' calorie is equal to 1000 thermal or chemical 'calories'), then how big would a solar panel have to be to capture the equivalent amount of energy on an average day? Assuming that a lithium-ion battery stores 300 watt-hours per liter, what would be the size of a battery that would store the equivalent energy of one day of human dietary energy?

2 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Ever since we have had economists peddling the dangerous concept that trade deficits do not matter

What is 'dangerous' about that concept?

• Rolling Eye 1

2 minutes ago, Meredith Poor said:

What is 'dangerous' about that concept?

I think you meant to address that question to Wombat

18 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I think you meant to address that question to Wombat

Yep. Sorry.

Going Green world wide is the biggest fraud pushed by the few! Never happen!

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2020 at 10:29 PM, Meredith Poor said:

1. What is the value of water (or in particular, drinkable water) to humans? What percentage of the world's population is living without clean water? What will have to be done to give most of the world's population access to clean water?

2. How many 32bit/64bit CPUs and embedded controllers were manufactured and sold in 2019? This includes all ARM chips, Intel x86/x64, and 'other'. In comparison, how many software developers are there in the world?

3. If computers have been in common use since the 1960's, how many distinct applications are currently in use, and what is their average age? What is the relationship between the number of software developers available now in comparison with the totality of all applications in use?

4. It was common in the 1930's to have 'local brands' for beer and soda pop, with one or more breweries and bottling plants in each town. When and why did local bottling plants shut down? Does this illustrate a wider reason why a lot of manufacturing has consolidated into a much smaller number of much larger plants over time?

5. Make a list of the five most damaging 'invasive species' in North America. Are they breeding out of control, and if so, what is it going to take to bring them under control?

6. At what age did workers typically enter the workforce in 1900, in Europe, the US, and Canada? What was the typical lowest worker age in 1960? What is the typical lowest working age now? If they are significantly different, why are they different?

7. Assume that there is a collection of 'essential' occupations, such as teacher, doctor, grocery store stocking clerk, barber/hair stylist, and truck driver. What are the 100 work roles with the largest membership each, and what percentage of the workforce do each of these 'essential' roles employ? How many distinct large 'essential' roles are there, and how much of the workforce is made up of these 'essential' workers?

8. If one were to add up the populations of the US, Canada, and Mexico, then divide by the average household size (say, 2.5 people), and house each of these households on an 'average' residential lot (perhaps 500 square meters or 6000 square feet), how much area would this cover (in, for example, square kilometres or miles)? If this area was a square, what would be the length of each side of the square? Which state or province is closest in size to this area?

9. What country is the largest in terms of population that has an 'above replacement' birth rate (in other words, a rate equal to or higher than 2.1 children per woman)? Within that country, how many of the provinces/states have birthrates that are 'above replacement'? If there are a significant number that are 'below replacement', what is the major difference between the ones that are 'below' and the ones that are 'above' replacement?

10. If one assumes that an adult human needs 2000 'Calories' per day to survive (a 'dietary' calorie is equal to 1000 thermal or chemical 'calories'), then how big would a solar panel have to be to capture the equivalent amount of energy on an average day? Assuming that a lithium-ion battery stores 300 watt-hours per liter, what would be the size of a battery that would store the equivalent energy of one day of human dietary energy?

Got it we will import everyone to canada live in custom sea-tainers eat over populated species and program games while getting charged by solar panels . And the great part is there will be unlimited ammount of tax revenue from solar power sales because everyone is either gaming in school for gaming (so they dont have to start programming till 40 years old) or programming games. 

Now if you want to answer your own questions go ahead. Its meaningless because you'll shape them around some narrative. I stated my opinion. I dont appreciate homework I believe I've said that before. 

• Haha 1

(edited)

On 8/13/2020 at 10:25 PM, ronwagn said:

The global elites who will control everything the way they want to and eliminate the rights of the commoners. 

Yep and I would kill flaring, add extensive water/air testing nation wide. Around 100 billion per year for green subsidies. I am that elite. 
That ought to irritate those commoners.

This chart shows the inefficiency of our current grids. Massive overproduction and pollution is the result. Not to mention cost. This is what makes the commoner so happy I suppose. 
we’re talking big investments to get big returns. So yea, A hundred billion+ per year in transmission lines, along with massive solar and batteries to mitigate daytime demand could have huge returns.

Texas having the most renewables has the best reserve margins. Opposite of the typical narrative from the rednecks.

Moral to the story. Don’t trust the reds. They lie like a Trump.1B3DA367-83F7-4C09-B14C-6DA13B08436E.png.26801319977c0d8d657c4a4ebdf70f6c.png

Edited by Boat
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Rob Kramer said:

I dont appreciate homework I believe I've said that before. 

This is one cause of employment insecurity. The point of these questions isn't that anyone answer them, it's that they use what they understand about them to build a clearer picture of what their opportunities are. Certain areas of the world, including Alberta, are going to have to make some massive economic realignments in order to simply remain at levels of prosperity they've experienced recently. The alternative is that large numbers of people migrate to other areas or simply retire and drop out of the workforce. There are people that believe the world owes them a living, or more specifically a high-paying oil field job in Alberta. 'I don't appreciate homework' illustrates that kind of thinking.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, Boat said:

Yep and I would kill flaring, add extensive water/air testing nation wide. Around 100 billion per year for green subsidies. I am that elite. 
That ought to irritate those commoners.

This chart shows the inefficiency of our current grids. Massive overproduction and pollution is the result. Not to mention cost. This is what makes the commoner so happy I suppose. 
we’re talking big investments to get big returns. So yea, A hundred billion+ per year in transmission lines, along with massive solar and batteries to mitigate daytime demand could have huge returns.

Texas having the most renewables has the best reserve margins. Opposite of the typical narrative from the rednecks.

Moral to the story. Don’t trust the reds. They lie like a Trump.1B3DA367-83F7-4C09-B14C-6DA13B08436E.png.26801319977c0d8d657c4a4ebdf70f6c.png

More nonsensical claims from the wind and solar folks. Please see the facts and not the propaganda of these folks.

https://www.chooseenergy.com/data-center/electricity-sources-by-state/

https://www.chooseenergy.com/electricity-rates-by-state/

Don't forget that solar panels and wind turbines have their own problems with polluting chemicals to make their products and no real plans on safe disposal. They will just bury it and let the chemicals leach into the groundwater. Meanwhile you can look at them as you try to enjoy the landscape. 

Natural gas has replaced millions of tons of coal and has enabled America to be the least polluting large nation in the world. It is the best choice for energy. It can even fuel any kind of vehicle. It also costs less than wind or solar, despite what they say. 

Edited by ronwagn
addition
  • Like 1