Dan Warnick

Wind, Solar & Gas in California. How's that working out for you?

@ronwagn I know you don't know this but Anarcho Capitalists don't believe in democracy. And they are the ultimate expression of your economic theory.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I'm a poor economist because I am honest?

I don't think fascism is a good economic plan in the overall scheme of things. It is actually very common in the world however. Globalists agree with you. This is America however and we are in danger of going the way you propose. So you are a threat to our Constitutional rights. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

3 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

@ronwagn I know you don't know this but Anarcho Capitalists don't believe in democracy. And they are the ultimate expression of your economic theory.

We are not a democracy we are a constitutional republic. You should know that. There is nothing anarchic about my political philosophy. 

Edited by ronwagn
addition
  • Upvote 1

Just now, ronwagn said:

We are not a democracy we are a constitutional republic. You should know that. 

And the constitution that you refer to has a whole lot of voting going on creating a gov't with the power of the gun. They in no way support our constitution. 

On 8/20/2020 at 2:42 PM, Boat said:

I am in favor of any technology that can produce electricity with less pollution. Costs and the reliability of the grid will always be a moving target as the transition happens. If a state has problems, that should be a reflection of poor decision makers, not the products.

Providing reliable electricity must be the basic goal however. 

• Great Response! 1

1 minute ago, ronwagn said:

Providing reliable electricity must be the basic goal however. 

Their goal is to make the most money. That is usually achieved by having slightly unreliable electricity. This is because 80% of the cost is in the last 20% of the reliability cost.

• Great Response! 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

And the constitution that you refer to has a whole lot of voting going on creating a gov't with the power of the gun. They in no way support our constitution. 

The populace has far more guns than the government and far more trained to use them. You recently saw what a few hundred fascists did to back down the police in Seattle and Portland etc. We have a Second Amendment to protect our freedoms and our Constitution. The rest of the world has bowed to their government. I like the way the Swiss mandate the populace to keep a rifle handy if they are trained. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Their goal is to make the most money. That is usually achieved by having slightly unreliable electricity. This is because 80% of the cost is in the last 20% of the reliability cost.

The first goal of utilities is to supply reliable service. 

• Upvote 1

The populace has far more guns than the government and far more trained to use them. You recently saw what a few hundred fascists did to back down the police in Seattle and Portland etc. We have a Second Amendment to protect our freedoms and our Constitution. The rest of the world has bowed to their government. I like the way the Swiss mandate the populace to keep a rifle handy if they are trained. 

The gov't has robotic missiles and tanks. If the gov't chose not to back down all those fascists would be dead.

The first goal of utilities is to supply reliable service. 

only under government regulation that would not exist in a laissez faire economic system

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The gov't has robotic missiles and tanks. If the gov't chose not to back down all those fascists would be dead.

You are an economic fascist. Anitfa are fascists. They know that but pretend to be anti-fascist. BLM is virtually the same but call themselves Marxists. The main difference between HItler and Stalin was overt racism under Hitler. Stalin killed whoever stood in his way, including a lot of Jewish Marxists who might have opposed him. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

You are an economic fascist. Anitfa are fascists. They know that but pretend to be anti-fascist. BLM is virtually the same but call themselves Marxists. The main difference between HItler and Stalin was overt racism under Hitler. Stalin killed whoever stood in his way, including a lot of Jewish Marxists who might have opposed him. 

That is the best you can do? In that case I invoke Godwin's Law. I win!

• Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

42 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

So, you think that a Constitutional Republic is an Anarcho Capitalist Republic. You are very dense and misinformed. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, ronwagn said:

So, you think that a Constitutional Republic is an Anarcho Capitalist Republic. You are very dense and misinformed. 

Huh? I have no idea what you are talking about. Anarcho capitalists don't support democracy or anything like it including Constitutional Republics.

@ronwagn They do not support any type of representative gov't whatsoever. 

@ronwagn

There are two types of Anarcho Capitalists:

Austrians believe all gov't is evil. Utilitarians just think it is a mistake or phase we have to pass through. The two schools hate each other with a passion!!!!

52 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

You are totally misrepresenting my economic beliefs. Why not just explain your 50% public 50% private system. 

Just now, ronwagn said:

You are totally misrepresenting my economic beliefs. Why not just explain your 50% public 50% private system. 

Glad to, it is basically what we have today. We have a bubble of regulation inside of which is a free market. The market itself does not have perfect information like AC's believe. We can arrive at information through scientific research that is not properly costed in the market, aka externalities. With this we can set goals and then support independent market decisions as to how best to achieve those goals. 

The huge difference with communism and fascism etc. is that those systems try to full solve the problem on paper and give mandates about how to reach it. In the hybrid system, gov't provides goals and private enterprise figures out how to achieve them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

There has to be a cushion of capacity to protect against spikes in consumption. Do you have a link supporting the cost being 80%. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Boat said:

There has to be a cushion of capacity to protect against spikes in consumption. Do you have a link supporting the cost being 80%. 

I was invoking the 80/20 rule.  

28 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Glad to, it is basically what we have today. We have a bubble of regulation inside of which is a free market. The market itself does not have perfect information like AC's believe. We can arrive at information through scientific research that is not properly costed in the market, aka externalities. With this we can set goals and then support independent market decisions as to how best to achieve those goals. 

The huge difference with communism and fascism etc. is that those systems try to full solve the problem on paper and give mandates about how to reach it. In the hybrid system, gov't provides goals and private enterprise figures out how to achieve them. 

IMO the 50/50 split is unworkable and leads to untenable government control. The USA is getting frighteningly close to that when you consider all the levels in our governmental bodies and add all the other bureaucracies and gigantic corporations we deal with. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

That is why we have a Second Amendment. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/20/2020 at 3:13 AM, Jay McKinsey said:

Except that sunshine is free and natural gas is not. Just a slight difference. Meanwhile you are avoiding providing any evidence that decentralized microturbines are less expensive than centralized NGCC.

Jay, again, denial. As has been pointed out many times. The cost of the fuel is, in fact, only a small part of the overall cost of running a plant and gas plants can produce power any time.. sunshine comes and goes as it please.. time to understand the difference and adjust your world view. Leave it with you.. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, markslawson said:

As has been pointed out many times. The cost of the fuel is, in fact, only a small part of the overall cost of running a plant 

I challenge you to support that claim with actual data.

I am still thinking about how to best answer your previous post, it does get complex and neither i nor anyone else has it all figured out, it is more of a process that adjusts to new information over time.

19 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

That is why we have a Second Amendment. 

but I do want to say this again, you have a popgun and gov't has long range precision weapons directed by artificial intelligence. Your 2nd A right is only as good as the gov't or corporations willingness to step back from blood shed. If they decide to shed blood it will be you doing the bleeding , not them. That is what makes the 2nd A a joke in today's world. It is just a blanket to keep you safe from the imaginary boogeyman. The real boogey man will use your blanket for targeting purpose. The command to the AI will be something like "Fly around and if you see someone with a gun, kill them." Just sayin'

• Great Response! 2