On 9/1/2020 at 6:49 PM, Flemming Hoog said:

WOW! Six! Mayor’s. I’m impressed … Not!

Joe Biden is attracting more crossover endorsements from prominent members of the opposing party than any other presidential candidate from either side in decades. 

A steady stream of GOP endorsements this year for Biden -- highlighted by the early emergence of The Lincoln Project and Republican Voters Against Trump, two groups trying to peel away GOP voters from the President -- has surged into a torrent over the past two weeks. Just since the start of the Democratic National Convention last month, Biden has received public endorsements from a huge roster of Republicans, including about two dozen former House and Senate members, nearly 75 former national security officials in Republican administrations, a group of former Republican Justice Department officials, and hundreds of aides to the three Republican presidential nominees immediately before Trump: Mitt Romney in 2012, McCain in 2008 and George W. Bush in 2004 and 2000. 

Over this same period, a former chief of staff and a former assistant secretary at the Department of Homeland Security have both recorded testimonials for the Republican Voters Against Trump group declaring the President unfit to serve.

And on and on and on…

so why don’t you take your 6 mayors and put them where the sun doesn’t shine!

What are "Republican Voters Against Trump"? Does that = RATS WHO VOTE??? (In Australia, a rat is a traitor).

9 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Here's how Washingtononians remember this

You only need look to South Korea to see why the Dumbocrats are so desperate for postal voting.

• Upvote 1

On 9/1/2020 at 7:00 PM, waltz said:

Pretty sure your last statement is false.  Illinois will not be going for Trump and we are definitely big ten country.  Not sure about Maryland but guessing the same, facts matter.  No reason to exaggerate.  

The way things have been going in Chicagoland I wouldn't be surprised if Illinois went to Trump, but I know it is not likely. Still nearly two months to go though.

On 8/30/2020 at 6:40 PM, Jan van Eck said:

It is more likely that Mr. Trump will be defeated at his bid for re-election.  While this is not certain, the numbers do not bode well for the Republican party.

Effectively, there are six States that are in contention:   Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. The Republican play-book assumption is that they are victors in the SoutheRn Belt States   [Az, Fl, NC] and will lose in PA and MI.  What they are counting on is victory in Wisconsin  (which is why Trump pushed in those Federal Marshals into Kenosha, unasked, pure showmanship).  I think Wisconsin will go Democratic this cycle.  The reason is the problems in the Southwest corner of the State, which is dairy country, and the milk farms are seriously hurting. 

The Democrats ignored Wisconsin and the problems in the last election, and Hillary lost the State by a handful of votes.  Those votes that went for Trump were concentrated in the rural dairy farms, which the arrogant and egotistical Democrats spurned.  So the farmers voted Republican, in the (desperate) hope that the Republicans would attend to their plight.  But they didn't.

Now, some 90% of the milk produced in that sector of Wisconsin is made into cheese.  The market for cheese was largely Asian, and China (no surprise) hit those imports in order to punish Trump for the so-called 'trade war.'  Trump did not alleviate the suffering, and did not develop new export markets, and did not develop further domestic markets.  What Trump did do was drive a tiny wedge into the supply-management controls in Canada Dairy, so there was a little bit of extra market opened up there, but not Enough.  So the dairy industry remains in a dismal, disastrous state.

What that does is provoke those farmers to abandon the Republicans and go back to the Democrats. It has the flavor of a Protest Vote, but as Tip O'Neill so famously stated:  "All politics is local."  The reality is that the dairy farmers of Wisconsin are not interested in the politics of China, nor of Germany and NATO, nor of the Mexican Wall, nor of abortion rights, nor of black lives matter, none of that is interesting when your farm is facing oblivion.  If Trump loses those dairy farmers in the SW corner of Wisconsin, he loses the State - and its electoral votes. 

Even if Trump takes Wisconsin, and loses Michigan and PA, it still is dicey for him.  He would end up with 269 electoral votes, and needs 270 to tip over the top.  That means taking at least one vote from Maine, where the electoral votes are apportioned by the overall state votes, or (I think) one vote in Nebraska, which also apportions votes.  How likely is that?  Nobody knows.

But here is the Republican problem:  Trump is likely to lose Oklahoma.  And the reason for this is that the Supreme Court under Chief Justice Roberts  (a Trump man, let us remember) determined that the native "Indians"  {the aboriginal peoples of the State) are the true land owners of roughly half the State.  So, overnight, half the farms and houses in Oklahoma have clouds on title, and cannot be bought or sold.  No title insurance company is going to touch anything in that State, so it is a big mess;.  Those farmers and home-owners are going to take their wrath out on the Republicans for not making some deal with the natives and buying off their claims.  You can bet that Biden et al will shovel treasury cash at the natives, to clear the land titles. 

Oklahoma has only 7 electoral college votes, and a history of voting Republican. But Trump simply cannot afford to lose those 7 votes.  And he has done nothing about the Supreme Court land-titles decision.  Will OK voters now go Democrat, in protest or disgust?  I predict they will, unless Biden et al totally screws it up. 

And that brings us to the truth of American politics: you don't have to win.  All you have to do is "not lose."  As long as Biden is kept under wraps and not allowed to screw it up with some senile comments, then it is Trump's election to go lose.  Just as Hillary screwed it up and lost in the last one. 

Biden's press conference today was pretty pathetic. Two more months of exposure is a long time for him. Republicans need to start pointing out that Kamala Harris would probably be taking over the presidency before Biden's first term is over. In my opinion his office would be run in conjunction with his wife and other influencers including Kamala. I don't think Americans want such a scenario. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, ronwagn said:

I don't think Americans want such a scenario. 

Ron, I don't think anybody cares any more.  the country is just exhausted.  The people are exhausted.  Everybody is disgusted with Washington.  The institutions of Washington have failed the people. 

The issue is not the White House or the President.  It is the entire D.C. governmental structure and the vast cadres that work there. It has become a self-serving incestuous porridge, the "swamp."  The swamp no longer serves us; it serves the swamp dwellers.  The Party structures do not bring out good candidates, and the public is so tired of recycled politicians.  What is the difference between Washington and Minsk?  At least in Minsk, they are out in the streets demanding real accountability.  Nobody in DC bureaucracy is accountable for anything, not any more. The public is just exhausted by it all. 

• Upvote 5

On 8/29/2020 at 11:53 AM, BLA said:

Biden Campaign "HELTER SKELTER" strategy is falling apart.   

Democratic Party strategy of (1) dividing the country (2) creating chaos (3) trashing U.S. Economy .   .   .   is falling apart right before our eyes.   LOL

The U.S. voters that think for themselves see thru the Democratic Party lies and Propaganda

Wrong party

• Rolling Eye 1

11 minutes ago, Paul Vanneste said:

Wrong party

Hi @Paul Vanneste.  Welcome to the forum.

I'd love to hear your reasons as to why @BLA's comment was about the wrong party.

3 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Ron, I don't think anybody cares any more.  the country is just exhausted.  The people are exhausted.  Everybody is disgusted with Washington.  The institutions of Washington have failed the people. 

The issue is not the White House or the President.  It is the entire D.C. governmental structure and the vast cadres that work there. It has become a self-serving incestuous porridge, the "swamp."  The swamp no longer serves us; it serves the swamp dwellers.  The Party structures do not bring out good candidates, and the public is so tired of recycled politicians.  What is the difference between Washington and Minsk?  At least in Minsk, they are out in the streets demanding real accountability.  Nobody in DC bureaucracy is accountable for anything, not any more. The public is just exhausted by it all. 

I am with you on that but President Trump has made great changes and will make a lot more when he is reelected, depending on who controls the House and Senate. Also on the Supreme Court and its decisions. He will be picking at least one more Justice methinks. 

Don't forget that President Trump had to deal with many Deep State attacks even before he took office! He is up against 90% of the media including newspapers, and television plus the would be little gods also called the Rulers of the Universe. Among them are Xi, Soros, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Eric Schmidt etc. Then we have the leaders of the federal employees unions plus the teachers and professors unions. Foundations run by the grandchildren of those who created great wealth etc. 

President Trump just announced that all Critical Race Theory teachings will be defunded and removed from federal government training. That shows true leadership. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/critical-race-theorys-toxic-destructive-impact-on-america

• Great Response! 4

(edited)

However, we are at the precipice.  A point of no return if Biden wins.  

If you put policy aside, I can't imagine voters going for Biden whom is clearly declining and not up for the 24/7 high stress job of President. If he wins does DNC keep him in the "basement" for four years ?

Jan is correct.  People are exhausted. They just don't care. 

Something has to change.

Edited by BLA
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BLA said:

However, we are at the precipice.  A point of no return if Biden wins.  

If you put policy aside, I can't imagine voters going for Biden whom is clearly declining and not up for the 24/7 high stress job of President. If he wins does DNC keep him in the "basement" for four years ?

Jan is correct.  People are exhausted. They just don't care. 

Something has to change.

Yes. If Biden wins, facts will have to be respected again, liars will be shunned and ridiculed again, laws will have to be obeyed, selfish frauds and dilettantes like Trump will have to answer for their crimes and negligence, and decent people and honest work might be respected again. War veterans won't be called "losers" any more by a coward who stole president's office by fraud. 

How tragic. No way back, really.  

13 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Your words ring true, bitterly so.  But exhaustion is not the malady.  The malady is 'murcans are brain dead.  Everywhere I go in USA, I hear complaints and words to your tune. But I have encountered nobody who can give a solution. Or, are the truly enlightened ones are too fearful to espouse a solution and lead?  You have only to consider what led to JFK's assassination, which to this day is still not brought out openly to the light of day. Or consider MLK. No single person will lay his/her neck upon that chopping block: suicide is insanity. America today is by your own making, and you are paying now for the 'fruits' sic of your history. Governments govern by consent. Only one action will clear your swamp, and it is not via voting in a rigged system. 

39 minutes ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

Yes. If Biden wins, facts will have to be respected again, liars will be shunned and ridiculed again, laws will have to be obeyed, selfish frauds and dilettantes like Trump will have to answer for their crimes and negligence, and decent people and honest work might be respected again. War veterans won't be called "losers" any more by a coward who stole president's office by fraud. 

How tragic. No way back, really.  

Biden is one of the most corrupted politicians ever: his son is Joe's vehicle to extort large monies from victims like Ukraine. Biden is the product of the Clintons, who respect nothing. You think Biden will respect law, the constitution, prosecute criminal politicians?  man, oh man. 

3 minutes ago, frankfurter said:

The malady is 'murcans are brain dead.  Everywhere I go in USA, I hear complaints and words to your tune. But I have encountered nobody who can give a solution. Or, are the truly enlightened ones are too fearful to espouse a solution and lead? 

Your comments are, quite candidly, insulting.  There is nothing "brain dead" about the American population.  It is the inherent design of a duopoly party structure that tends to drive out the creative and the sensible, and leaves the ideologues and the stupid and the inept.  The public is getting disgusted with the Party system. 

And no, the American public is not "fearful" about anything.  It is not in the nature of Americans to be fearful. It is a proud and strong nation.  Don't go running around thinking that Americans are "fearful," that is simply not accurate.  part of the solution is to "de-bureaucratize" the government structures; another part of the solution is to dramatically reduce military spending (and get out of the Middle East and its internecine conflicts).  The solutions are out there. You don't see me afraid of anybody, now do you?

9 minutes ago, frankfurter said:

You have only to consider what led to JFK's assassination, which to this day is still not brought out openly to the light of day

On the contrary, the JFK assassination has been exhaustively examined and detailed. The one part that was mostly shushed up was that the fatal round  (the one to the back of the head) was a .223-calibre round causing a 6 mm entry hole, while the Lee Harvey Oswald Italian carbine was firing 7.62 mm cartridge which would result in an 8-mm entry wound.  The head wound actually came from an accidental discharge from a Secret Service rifle in the tail car.  What happened, in brief, was that the secret service detail was out partying and drinking the night before, chasing women of course, and staggered to the job without any sleep, and hung over.  The only sober guy was given the rifle detail; in the follow open car, there was an M-16 loaded and ready lying on the floor in the back.  When Oswald took his first shot, he hit asphalt; a splinter struck Kennedy in the side of the neck, causing some bleeding.  Oswald's second shot went wild and apparently hit the Texas Governor.  The third shot came when the Secret Service guard reached for the rifle, flicked off the safety, and brought it up, intending to "return fire" at the book depository, which was totally stupid. He was never going to hit that window anyway, so it was pointless.  The driver of the chase car at that point hit the accelerator, and clumsily the car lurched, throwing the rifleman off balance and discharging the round in the chamber.  That round went wild but sadly struck Mr. Kennedy in the back of the head, killing him.  So, the irony here was that Kennedy was killed by his own (drunken) protection detail. Nobody much wants to talk about it, as it is a huge, huge internal embarrassment to the Service.  But it is not as if it is unknown; after all, I know about it.  (And now you do, too.)

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, frankfurter said:

Biden is one of the most corrupted politicians ever: his son is Joe's vehicle to extort large monies from victims like Ukraine. Biden is the product of the Clintons, who respect nothing. You think Biden will respect law, the constitution, prosecute criminal politicians?  man, oh man. 

Dude, I'm worried for you. What happens when the wumaodang read this? Will they expel you from the club for failing to back bai dun? Did you waste your time waiting? Only mandarin speaking people understand this. Our littler secret.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

(edited)

OompaLoompa Campaign "HELTER SKELTER" strategy is falling apart.   

SnuffleLuffleGus strategy of (1) dividing the country (2) creating chaos (3) trashing Ushcoutian Economy   (4) .  Then blame it all on Oogalooga and have your press all agree . 

The U.C. voters that think for themselves see thru the SnuffleLuffleGus Party and GooManDo lies and Propaganda

Edited by Zhong Lu

On 8/29/2020 at 1:53 PM, BLA said:

Democratic Party strategy of (1) dividing the country (2) creating chaos (3) trashing U.S. Economy   (4) .  Then blame it all on Trump and have your press all agree . 

The U.S. voters that think for themselves see thru the Democratic Party and Media  lies and Propaganda

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 1:53 PM, BLA said:

Democratic Party strategy of (1) dividing the country (2) creating chaos (3) trashing U.S. Economy   (4) .  Then blame it all on Trump and have your press all agree . 

The U.S. voters that think for themselves see thru the Democratic Party and Media  lies and Propaganda

On 9/6/2020 at 1:35 PM, Ward Smith said:

Dude, I'm worried for you. What happens when the wumaodang read this? Will they expel you from the club for failing to back bai dun? Did you waste your time waiting? Only mandarin speaking people understand this. Our littler secret.  😉

His problems are bigger than that Ward, since the Dictator for Life will notice that Franky and the others are still promoting the CCP instead of the self-appointed Godfather of China.  Franky and the others had better get their propaganda straight, fei kuai, or else they will go the way of the Falun Gong.