On 9/5/2020 at 10:46 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

The oil industry absolutely pollutes our ground water regardless of the type of well:

Oil industry waste fluids containing benzene and other toxic chemicals have migrated into California’s groundwater through multiple pathways at sites in Kern County, west of Bakersfield, federal experts have discovered.https://biologicaldiversity.org/w/news/press-releases/federal-studies-oil-waste-fluid-contaminated-california-groundwater-2019-10-03/

I do believe this is a sprinkler system that is operated by some non-profit called Valley Water Management.  They use produced water and has been running 24/7 for half a century.  Don't blame oil and gas operators who truck salt water out of their wells or inject it back into their salt water wells.  Producing formations are well below the fresh water aquifer and operators of oil and gas do not use sprinkler systems for any reason whatsoever.

5 hours ago, JoMack said:

I do believe this is a sprinkler system that is operated by some non-profit called Valley Water Management.  They use produced water and has been running 24/7 for half a century.  Don't blame oil and gas operators who truck salt water out of their wells or inject it back into their salt water wells.  Producing formations are well below the fresh water aquifer and operators of oil and gas do not use sprinkler systems for any reason whatsoever.

They most certainly do.  Landspray is common.

Read section 9 of this:

https://www.aer.ca/documents/directives/Directive050.pdf

Section 5.2 of this:

https://www.bcogc.ca/files/operations-documentation/Oil-and-Gas-Operations-Manual/Supporting-Documents/drilling-waste-management-chapter-release.pdf

On 9/7/2020 at 3:17 PM, ronwagn said:

Of course, each nation should dow what is best for them. What I get infuriated about is the Greenies who only criticize the west and never analyze the worst polluting countries in the world. Criticize us, but also criticize the worst polluters. Their best interest is also dependent on good relationships with the rest of the world.

I don't think the world is any more chaotic than it ever was. How do you think it was during WW1 and WW2. Compare the Spanish Flu to COVID 19. Most history books focus on wars as the central topics. 

Gibraltar is the worst polluter the last time I looked. China and India along with many other countries have massive population growth problems. Population = consumption = pollution.
Historically the world is peaceful. We just have electronics and drama queens trending. 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

On 9/8/2020 at 7:05 PM, Boat said:

Gibraltar is the worst polluter the last time I looked. China and India along with many other countries have massive population growth problems. Population = consumption = pollution.
Historically the world is peaceful. We just have electronics and drama queens trending. 🤣

Right now California is the most polluted, thanks to greenie forestry techniques. That means not using forestry principles for sustainable forests. The Germans invented forestry, I never heard of any forest fires over there. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/8/2020 at 3:16 PM, Enthalpic said:

I believe your index refers to waste water management, not salt water disposal from oil and gas wells.  Again, operators do not put sprinkler systems on site to dispose of salt water.  Oil and gas  produced from tight formations such as shale,  produce thousands of bbls of salt water which is injected or hauled off the drill site.  

(edited)

13 minutes ago, JoMack said:

I believe your index refers to waste water management, not salt water disposal from oil and gas wells.  Again, operators do not put sprinkler systems on site to dispose of salt water.  Oil and gas  produced from tight formations such as shale,  produce thousands of bbls of salt water which is injected or hauled off the drill site.  

Not fixed sprinklers.  Mostly vacuum trucks that fill up with waste and spray the stuff on the ground as they drive away from the site.

It is still very much waste from oil and gas operations that is sprayed on the ground (sprayer is a sprinkler don't argue minor semantics).

You said " operators of oil and gas do not use sprinkler systems for any reason whatsoever."

Edited by Enthalpic

14 hours ago, JoMack said:

You're right, @Enthalpicis wrong. He's always wrong and not worth engaging with. I predict he'll ignore what you said, and pretend you said something different while assiduously ignoring that you're speaking as an expert about "tight formations". Best to put him on ignore and save yourself the grief. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

30 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

You're right, @Enthalpicis wrong. He's always wrong and not worth engaging with.

Ward type anti-logic. 

Never read the regulations or data presented, use alternate reality instead. 

ward antilogic.jpg

Edited by Enthalpic