4 minutes ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

Look at https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

You are correct, UK is at about 631/million, while US is at 620/million. But the US is increasing more rapidly and will overtake UK within about 2 weeks.

So far, the death rate in US is 1 in 1600 people, or 0.016%, with probably half the pop'n already having been infected. I suspect that US is already over the halfway mark overall. Have you noticed that we never hear about prevelance numbers? Only number of new positive cases and total deaths, that can only go up. I will be very surprised if total deaths in US exceed 350,000 by this time next year. My understanding is that the death rate is between 0.02 and 0.03%, only slightly worse than a bad flu season. Of course, covid is much more contagious than the flu, hence the horror images we see on the TV as it does it's destruction so much more rapidly, but my guess is that in 5 years time, most of the excess death will be to suicide and missed medical appointments, not covid.

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 1

43 minutes ago, Dan Clemmensen said:

Look at https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

You are correct, UK is at about 631/million, while US is at 620/million. But the US is increasing more rapidly and will overtake UK within about 2 weeks.

OK, that is 0.0625%, but you get the gist?

• Like 2

(edited)

14 hours ago, Rob Kramer said:

The rest of the barrel turns into the interior of the EV lol. Nothing like killing demand by creating demand!

But . . . .  Better turning that oil into interior of an EV instead of the interior of an internal combustion engine car (ICE)

No increased demand .  Still sell same total number cars. Where's the increase in demand. 

With EVs no filling the tank every week with 20 gallons of Petro.

Edited by BLA

5 hours ago, BLA said:

But . . . .  Better turning that oil into interior of an EV instead of the interior of an internal combustion engine car (ICE)

No increased demand .  Still sell same total number cars. Where's the increase in demand. 

With EVs no filling the tank every week with 20 gallons of Petro.

Ya your correct.  Slipped my mind that ICE are hunks of plastic too. Now valve covers intake manifolds water pumps cooling fans and anything else they can lighten up is plastic also. 

(edited)

12 hours ago, Wombat said:

So far, the death rate in US is 1 in 1600 people, or 0.016%, with probably half the pop'n already having been infected. I suspect that US is already over the halfway mark overall. Have you noticed that we never hear about prevelance numbers? Only number of new positive cases and total deaths, that can only go up. I will be very surprised if total deaths in US exceed 350,000 by this time next year. My understanding is that the death rate is between 0.02 and 0.03%, only slightly worse than a bad flu season. Of course, covid is much more contagious than the flu, hence the horror images we see on the TV as it does it's destruction so much more rapidly, but my guess is that in 5 years time, most of the excess death will be to suicide and missed medical appointments, not covid.

I totally agree. Everyones saying it's due to covid response.... I say everyone is gonna get it and it's the population's total overall health . Look at all the factors and theres the highest deaths. How is it that from a 3rd world population to 1st world its tiney variance in deaths. If it was response some places with no lock downs would be like 25% deaths and ones with early police style would be sub 2% .... I dont see these numbers . I see %of elderly , sanitary/unsanitary traditions,  smoking, alcohol,  mental health , food availability, physical activity and so on. .... 

Edit: similar to smoking deaths... canada 36M pop 42-48k deaths per year, usa 10x population 480k deaths... very similar percentage as similar effect from smoking. Covid is all one attact it's the defendants response to change the outcome (by having good health in the first place) 

Edited by Rob Kramer
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Rob Kramer said:

Ya your correct.  Slipped my mind that ICE are hunks of plastic too. Now valve covers intake manifolds water pumps cooling fans and anything else they can lighten up is plastic also. 

You did say interior

• Upvote 1

On 9/24/2020 at 6:07 PM, Dan Clemmensen said:

the value of money appears to me to be a shared fantasy.

Money is the worlds first religion, as long at people believe it has worth it does.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 9:00 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

Solar is 12% of CA electricity in 2019. Solar panels keep getting more efficient so 4x the current space combined with putting newer panels on older locations should get us up about 60% solar. Don't forget that we have a lot of roof tops with no panels whatsoever on them. 

Take a look at this: https://www.freeingenergy.com/how-much-solar-would-it-take-to-power-the-u-s/ This image is solar for the whole country, CA is a small sliver of that.

The total area needed to power the entire US with solar energy

Wind is at 10% in CA and that is about maxed. We are running HVDC to Wyoming to double our wind and we might start doing off shore wind as well. 

Hydro and geothermal account for about 22%.

As for storage we need enough batteries to handle daily load shifting. For weekly load shifting we will likely use compressed air and other similar storage. For seasonal shifting we will use green H2 or green meth. And we don't have to produce all of this, we can import some.

There is no lithium shortage. Here again is the lithium portion of the talk:

Battery costs continue to decrease at 50% every three years and note the 69% reduction in investment:

image.png.e465c894d5082fdac2ace568844916

The Eastern US is going to be powered by massive amounts of off shore wind and the same for N. Europe. Southern Europe will get solar via HVDC in N. Africa.

As to the poor countries consider that Australia is going to have massive solar farms exporting electricity via HVDC across SE Asia and will also be exporting cheap green H2. South America and Africa have tremendous solar and wind potential as well. 

Give it fifty years. 

(edited)

1 hour ago, Strangelovesurfing said:

Money is the worlds first religion, as long at people believe it has worth it does.

Children born today will use digital currency.   Fiat currency will be a thing of the past in their lifetime.

China is working on a test project using digital currency.  They don't talk about it. 

Edited by BLA

On 9/25/2020 at 6:23 PM, Gerry Maddoux said:

How much tightening depends on who wins. Green growth does too.

Right now, a substantial amount of rare earth elements and lithium, as well as battery innovation and growth, come from China. 

No matter how you slice it, President Xi knew about the contagion of this virus for a good two weeks without warning the rest of the world. 

Trump gets reelected, China will pay a mighty toll--and part of that will be felt in the green energy section.

Biden gets elected, we'll have cozy relations with China and renewables growth will accelerate like never before. 

Coin toss. 

We would allow China to gain more strength and status around the world. America would lose influence. We would support them by purchasing too many products including solar panels and wind turbines etc. 

26 minutes ago, BLA said:

Children born today will use digital currency.   Fiat currency will be a thing of the past in their lifetime.

China is working on a test project using digital currency.  They don't talk about it. 

China has disallowed bitcoin completely, specifically because they can't control it. They are more than willing to make their own, but would you trust it? 

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Wombat said:

On the contrary Dan, you have mastered the subject! The word "Credit" derives from "Credibility" ie: does a lender believe a borrower can repay? Once that belief disappears, that is when the s*** hits the fan. That is precisely the risk that Biden (or AOC et al), pose to the US economy IMHO. I should point out, Russia is already demanding that China pay for their oil in Euro's. That might be just the thin end of the wedge.

Do you have a reference on the Euro demand?

44 minutes ago, BLA said:

So, now I hear that Russia is demanding payment, from China, in Euros. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Do you have a reference on the Euro demand?

Nah, think I saw it on Twitter, probably from Reuters.

• Like 1