5 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

That would be U.S. Grant and if you argued this with him you would be crying like a little baby.

I was being sarcastic, I know Grant made Yellowstone a "NP Park". As for arguing with Grant shows your just another OP trolling MORON!!

• Haha 4

On 10/13/2020 at 7:15 PM, Dan Warnick said:

??

Oil Price is censoring many of my posts.

I'm leaving take care. 

5 minutes ago, BLA said:

Oil Price is censoring many of my posts.

I'm leaving take care. 

Oil Price is also censoring what I write, a practice that I find much annoying. 

I shall also leave.

• Great Response! 1

5 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

I shall also leave.

Enjoyed reading your perspective on issues.

A true "thinking" man

Take care. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BLA said:

And I, yours!

My very best wishes to you and yours for the future. 

• Like 1

I don't get it.  @Jan van Eck and @BLA don't post anything I consider reckless, rude or otherwise unacceptable.  Quite the contrary, actually.  Both of them give weight to discussions and provide a variety of opinions.

Other forums at least post that comments have been removed and for what reason or what rules have been broken or bent.  Is that not considered fair on Oil Price?  What gives?

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

I was being sarcastic, I know Grant made Yellowstone a "NP Park". As for arguing with Grant shows your just another OP trolling MORON!!

I believe it was General Sheridan that pushed for the national park designation.

PS : I'm leaving.  Tired of Oil price censoring my posts.  

These Euro Libs can't help themselves..

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

These are serious issues, and the censorship of the "moderators" is not helpful. 

The "moderators" that are censoring need to announce themselves and the reason for the censure. 

• Great Response! 8

5 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

What you are seeing is a microcosm of what goes on in the greater society. There is this loss of self-restraint, a grab for power without consideration of the consequences.  Look, this Forum is for the community membership, not the self-aggrandizement of some moderator.  If the members want to spend some time conferring on election issues, hey, it is not strictly "oil," but so what?  Let the members decide what they want to post about.   Ultimately, the climate inside Washington is going to determine the shape and flows of the international oil markets, so it is not as if it is totally out in left field.  These are serious issues. 

For example:  assume Mr. Trump is re-elected.  It is plausible that the US will retract from Middle-east entanglements and leave the Arabs to their own devices.  Will that re-shape world oil markets?  You bet it would!

If Mr. Biden is elected, then the Obama/Clinton hangers-on in that coming Administration will once again re-energize the Trans-pacific Partnership, and re-boot China into the top slot of world manufacturing.  That will have significant consequences for the minerals, oil, and coal trades. It will also doom the US aluminum-ingot, steel smelting, and various recycling efforts to disaster, all will flow over to Mainland China.  I predict it would also result in Chinese shipyards taking far more than the current 49% of shipbuilding tonnage, mostly away from Korea and Japan, two staunch allies of the USA.  What that does for instability on the Korean Peninsula is anybody's guess, but it is not good. 

These are serious issues, and the censorship of the "moderators" is not helpful. 

The rest of us don't even know what posts or comments were supposedly offensive, or against some kind of unknown and uncited rules.  I still don't know what you two in particular did or could have posted that didn't fit in with normal discussions taking place all over the world right now.  What is it?  Oil Price owes the Forum Members an explanation.  To not explain or give examples does indeed ring of extremely partisan one-sided over-control of an otherwise simple forum that is at least supposed to cover Geopolitics, Energy, Lifestyle and General discussion and debate.  Is that truly what Oil Price wishes to espouse?  Are actions such as these in line with Oil Price "policy"?

We discuss free speech and freedom to express opposing views on the Forum all the time.  Does Oil Price wish to take away those supposed basic Human Rights?  I think we have a right to know.

• Great Response! 7

19 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

The rest of us don't even know what posts or comments were supposedly offensive, or against some kind of unknown and uncited rules.  I still don't know what you two in particular did or could have posted that didn't fit in with normal discussions taking place all over the world right now.  What is it?  Oil Price owes the Forum Members an explanation.  To not explain or give examples does indeed ring of extremely partisan one-sided over-control of an otherwise simple forum that is at least supposed to cover Geopolitics, Energy, Lifestyle and General discussion and debate.  Is that truly what Oil Price wishes to espouse?  Are actions such as these in line with Oil Price "policy"?

We discuss free speech and freedom to express opposing views on the Forum all the time.  Does Oil Price wish to take away those supposed basic Human Rights?  I think we have a right to know.

@CMOP??  I don't know who else to address this to.

6 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

@CMOP??  I don't know who else to address this to.

By CMOP
09/11/2020

Politics has taken over our energy forum. In order to foment a return to the original intention of this forum, going forward, all threads of a divisive political nature that have nothing to do with energy in any form will be locked and deleted. That includes conspiracy theories of any kind, fun as they may be. Thank you for understanding. I'm sure there are many conspiracy theory forums that would be interested in such comments.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

By CMOP
09/11/2020

Politics has taken over our energy forum. In order to foment a return to the original intention of this forum, going forward, all threads of a divisive political nature that have nothing to do with energy in any form will be locked and deleted. That includes conspiracy theories of any kind, fun as they may be. Thank you for understanding. I'm sure there are many conspiracy theory forums that would be interested in such comments.

Yes, I saw that @Old-Ruffneck.  But as @Jan van Eck so eloquently pointed out, this election is EVERYTHING to do with energy, not just in the United States but the entire world.  How can anyone miss that?

• Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

By CMOP
09/11/2020

I must say I find it difficult to see how a discussion of the electoral college votes allotted to the State of Wisconsin constitutes "conspiracy theory."  OK, so the tractors out on the farms in Southwestern Wisconsin consume little diesel, and thus do not impact overall US consumption patterns. Does that mean the thread will be deleted?  According to the Moderators, apparently so. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Yes, I saw that @Old-Ruffneck.  But as @Jan van Eck so eloquently pointed out, this election is EVERYTHING to do with energy, not just in the United States but the entire world.  How can anyone miss that?

But the Admin CMOP is evidently not liking political views without energy or oil in the same paragraph and therefore "Nuking" the entire persons post. Just supposition...............or IMHO

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jan van Eck said:

This election is going to decide everything.  It will decide how much oil Russia will be allowed to send into the world market.  It will decide Nordstream II.  It will decide how Ukraine and its pipelines will end up.  It will decide the fate of Libya oil and gas production.  It will decide the defense of Saudi Arabia, and the relationship with Iran.  It will decide how much oil China will import from Iran. It will decide how shale oil in the USA will unfold.  It will decide the retail fuel prices at the pump.  It will decide if the USA is going to hop back onto the Paris Climate Change Accord standards. 

Need I go on?

Nope, I surely get what yer saying @Jan van Eck

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Jan van Eck said:

This election is going to decide everything.  It will decide how much oil Russia will be allowed to send into the world market.  It will decide Nordstream II.  It will decide how Ukraine and its pipelines will end up.  It will decide the fate of Libya oil and gas production.  It will decide the defense of Saudi Arabia, and the relationship with Iran.  It will decide how much oil China will import from Iran. It will decide how shale oil in the USA will unfold.  It will decide the retail fuel prices at the pump.  It will decide if the USA is going to hop back onto the Paris Climate Change Accord standards. 

Need I go on?

I cannot help but to make a comment on some of your comments on a investments firm or two, speaking for myself it was very eye opening. To that point it has become quite apparent NY is the center of many things. Things come in three's for me...Bloomberg, A investment firm and the legal arm once again centered in NY...Endless money and a legal team...i might as well include the media mecca center...NY. Ohh and then there is China with deep financial to all of the above aside from the legal team....very deep ties.

Truly illuminating thoughts come from your posting's. All well founded and articulated quite well, then there is your title. Guest...it seem you are a guest here, funny how they single you out and yet no one else. I would suggest you are getting way to close to home base for some, Tom experienced a sudden change when he discovered some the IP addresses here were from one source... it is my opinion he was quite offeneded and at the same time he was getting quite close..China?

I just did a quick tally of one of the above..ones 2020 and one 2018..he is now at 200 million dollars one man with very deep ties in once again China.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-bloomberg-pledges-100-million-to-help-biden-in-florida/

https://fortune.com/2018/09/27/michael-bloomberg-midterm-contributions/

And now another 460 million....that is almost 700 million by one man..It has to be a historical figure...https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/feb/21/mike-bloomberg-campaign-spending-first-quarter

NY...Bloomberg...FBI...Goldman Sachs..our beloved media and of course covid/China It would seem to a epa center of?...Well you figure it out...just the ravings of a mad man here.

Opps https://www.swfinstitute.org/news/75166/china-sovereign-wealth-fund-and-goldman-sachs-partnership-navigates-tricky-cross-border-world

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Great Response! 2

https://globalcapitalallocation.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/CMNS-Paper.pdf

It is apropos to note that China is in no position to have Trump win, and it is intending to beat up Bloomberg and Goldman among others if he does. Bloomberg's expenditure is  not ideologically driven but an attempt to avoid an existential threat of having his China business shut down.

China is soon going to be unable to fund its oil and food purchases. The supposed net foreign asset position is much smaller than its official stats show at the IMF etc. The bottom line is that they are highly owned by US and other nationality countries. So the net position of China is all of the $1.1 Trillion they had at the Fed. Everything else is balanced out by liabilities via Cayman etc.  funding vehicles 

image.thumb.png.ad04d9320e055d62c0ffd20005210c23.png

Interestingly, the US position in China investments nets out at $700 Billion in 2018, and likely stands at nearly $1 Trillion today as China's weight in the MSCI bond and equity indexes has increased and dragged US portfolio investments into China. The $100 Billion official figure is not realistic.

It is also significant to note that China is not reflecting varying equity values of offshore traded parent companies in the reported official Net Financial Asset account, while reallocating those assets out of their Cayman etc. to their owner's nationality shows the asset side varying with the offshore share prices of the parents of China companies. Thus China's official liabilities are kept off their capital accounts book.

That is a problem for China in accessing dollar funding. Thus a problem for their continued oil consumption.

• Great Response! 2

8 hours ago, BLA said:
8 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

I shall also leave.

A true "thinking" man

Take care. 

OK guys, we need a destination to go from here, as this forum just ceased to have value under the misguided rules of the administrator.

Where do you suggest we setup to discuss things going forwards? What oil related forums offer a good place for us to move?

Others interested please give suggestions for alternative forums.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, 0R0 said:

OK guys, we need a destination to go from here, as this forum just ceased to have value under the misguided rules of the administrator.

Where do you suggest we setup to discuss things going forwards? What oil related forums offer a good place for us to move?

I have enjoyed my continuing education via association with the members of this forum.  I would kindly ask that if a group does decide on a landing spot for discussion please please please leave a popcorn trail to the site.  I would likely be more productive at work without this association but at my age I value where and with whom I spend my valuable time.   

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, 0R0 said:

Looks like we will have to start up our own website.  Cannot be that hard to do. When the readership controls the site, then we can have intelligent discussions and kick the trolls off. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2

Just now, Jan van Eck said:

Looks like we will have to start up our own website.  Cannot be that hard to do. When the readership controls the site, then we can have intelligent discussions and kick the trolls off. 

Better call @Tom Kirkman!!

He's the only guy I know who might be able to pull it off.  But he might be too busy with his new job, or not.

2 minutes ago, Bob D said:

I have enjoyed my continuing education via association with the members of this forum.  I would kindly ask that if a group does decide on a landing spot for discussion please please please leave a popcorn trail to the site.  I would likely be more productive at work without this association but at my age I value where and with whom I spend my valuable time.   

Bob, you can find me at   janvaneck.djengineering@gmail.com    and I will do the popcorn thing, if it comes to that.  Right now, I think it is time for the owner of Oilprice to step in and assert control over his "Moderators" 

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jan van Eck said:

Bob, you can find me at   janvaneck.djengineering@gmail.com    and I will do the popcorn thing, if it comes to that.  Right now, I think it is time for the owner of Oilprice to step in and assert control over his "Moderators" 

Unless he or she is the driver....

• Haha 1