TN

"COVID Kills Another Oil Rally" by Tom Kool 10/16/2020

On 10/18/2020 at 7:21 PM, Guy Daley said:

Welcome to the Oil Price forums.

Try to type below the quote you are replying to.

Welcome to the Oil Price forums.

Try to type below the quote you are replying to.

SEE THE DIFFERENCE 

We can more easily distinguish between the post you are responding to and your comment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Now just convince people that vaccines are safe and are not a conspiracy run by big pharma or Bill gates... good luck with that here.

Its not up to me to convince anyone vaccines are safe that's up to the WHO or medical professionals, which I'm not.

I would like to get @Gerry Maddoux opinion on vaccines as he seems to be the most knowledgeable person on this forum regarding the pandemic in my opinion.

Call me naive but personally I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories.

If there is a vaccine that has proven results then I for 1 will be taking it ASAP as I believe everyone should. Worked out pretty well for smallpox!

The quicker we have a vaccine the quicker this pandemic is behind us and the economies get back to normality.

Many on here believe this pandemic is no more lethal than the flu, that may or may not be true depending on your beliefs. However what is indisputable is that the world's economy has been battered and good businesses destroyed, jobs lost in their millions and poverty for hundreds of millions globally just around the corner, let alone the mental anguish suffered by millions.

So yeah I'll be taking the vaccine!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Its not up to me to convince anyone vaccines are safe that's up to the WHO or medical professionals, which I'm not.

I would like to get @Gerry Maddoux opinion on vaccines as he seems to be the most knowledgeable person on this forum regarding the pandemic in my opinion.

Call me naive but personally I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories.

If there is a vaccine that has proven results then I for 1 will be taking it ASAP as I believe everyone should. Worked out pretty well for smallpox!

The quicker we have a vaccine the quicker this pandemic is behind us and the economies get back to normality.

Many on here believe this pandemic is no more lethal than the flu, that may or may not be true depending on your beliefs. However what is indisputable is that the world's economy has been battered and good businesses destroyed, jobs lost in their millions and poverty for hundreds of millions globally just around the corner, let alone the mental anguish suffered by millions.

So yeah I'll be taking the vaccine!

Help yourself to the vaccine.  I'll stick with the proven hydroxychloroquine cocktail for which hydroxy has been in use for over 60 years.  But I don't expect to ever need since the media and the medical community has fraudulently exaggerated the stats.  

The definition of "conspiracy" is now, something that can be factually proven but the MSM won't report on.  Do you know the difference?

An example would be Hunter Biden's laptop and the information included therein.  Since the MSM REFUSES to report on it, it's a "conspiracy".  Got the idea?

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Guy Daley said:

Help yourself to the vaccine.  I'll stick with the proven hydroxychloroquine cocktail for which hydroxy has been in use for over 60 years.  But I don't expect to ever need since the media and the medical community has fraudulently exaggerated the stats.  

The definition of "conspiracy" is now, something that can be factually proven but the MSM won't report on.  Do you know the difference?

An example would be Hunter Biden's laptop and the information included therein.  Since the MSM REFUSES to report on it, it's a "conspiracy".  Got the idea?

Like I say it depends on your beliefs 

You've stated yours which I respect, please respect mine.

the definition in law of a conspiracy is this

"A conspiracy is an agreement where two or more people agree to carry their criminal scheme into effect, the very agreement is the criminal act itself"

Dont get me started on the media, thats all crap from all sides in the USA from what I can see

And yes Hunter Biden needs investigating, if he's not then that throws the US justice system into the same category as your media, crap!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Guy Daley said:

The definition of "conspiracy" is now, something that can be factually proven but the MSM won't report on.

It sure is.  The censorship is beyond belief.

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2020 at 1:06 PM, Gerry Maddoux said:

the NIH actually sent grant money to the Wuhan Institute of Virology there for a while--to fund "gain of function" research, to make the coronavirus meaner in order to build a more comprehensive vaccine. 

Man, you can't make this stuff up!

So true.

I'd like to make it clear that I'm no expert on vaccines. In fact, back in the early seventies I saw my share of complications from the early Influenza vaccines (Guillain-Barre) but the vaccine companies eventually got it right. 

That cleared out of the way, I'm hopeful that an effective vaccine comes along. It won't be effective unless most people in the world can be vaccinated safely and enjoy significant protection from the ravages of the virus. There are over a hundred companies working on this and some of their products are likely effective but hardly worthy of consideration for global use. For example, one prominent U.S. drug company has a good vaccine but it has to be stored at -40. 

To be honest, I'm most excited about one that a small drug company has developed: an intranasal vaccine. You simply instill the vaccine into the back of the nose, much like taking a nasal sample for testing. It not only induces the formation of bloodstream neutralizing IgG antibodies but also confers local mucosal effects, such as resident memory T-cells and local mucosal IgA immunity. This is exciting as the nasal mucosal cells are the first to be infected by the virus and if they possess local immunity, well there you have it--a first-line defense.

I like the idea that it is one-step, does away with the need for alcohol swabs, needles and syringes, doesn't have to be stored at extreme temperatures, and that enough material to vaccinate a third-world country could be loaded into a big Boeing jet, not to mention that an army of local citizens could be instructed on how to administer it . . . like in schools and gymnasiums. 

So far, at least as far as has been reported, there are no hideous side-effects from this vaccine. And something in the nose scares people a lot less than an intramuscular injection. Cross your fingers. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

I'd like to make it clear that I'm no expert on vaccines. In fact, back in the early seventies I saw my share of complications from the early Influenza vaccines (Guillain-Barre) but the vaccine companies eventually got it right. 

That cleared out of the way, I'm hopeful that an effective vaccine comes along. It won't be effective unless most people in the world can be vaccinated safely and enjoy significant protection from the ravages of the virus. There are over a hundred companies working on this and some of their products are likely effective but hardly worthy of consideration for global use. For example, one prominent U.S. drug company has a good vaccine but it has to be stored at -40. 

To be honest, I'm most excited about one that a small drug company has developed: an intranasal vaccine. You simply instill the vaccine into the back of the nose, much like taking a nasal sample for testing. It not only induces the formation of bloodstream neutralizing IgG antibodies but also confers local mucosal effects, such as resident memory T-cells and local mucosal IgA immunity. This is exciting as the nasal mucosal cells are the first to be infected by the virus and if they possess local immunity, well there you have it--a first-line defense.

I like the idea that it is one-step, does away with the need for alcohol swabs, needles and syringes, doesn't have to be stored at extreme temperatures, and that enough material to vaccinate a third-world country could be loaded into a big Boeing jet, not to mention that an army of local citizens could be instructed on how to administer it . . . like in schools and gymnasiums. 

So far, at least as far as has been reported, there are no hideous side-effects from this vaccine. And something in the nose scares people a lot less than an intramuscular injection. Cross your fingers. 

Excellent post as always Gerry. 

I'd like to expand on two points. First there's the Efficacy of the vaccine determination. This is challenging as the doctor explains so well in the article. It is indeed a numbers game. 

Second there are the Pernicious side effects, which only show up in trials and can be as or more deadly than what was being vaccinated against. Vaccines like the AstraZenica one getting cancelled in phase 3 trials is frightening indeed. You don't want to be in the xx% of the population group that goes into anaphylactic shock just because you were perfectly healthy when you received the vaccine, oops. Not to mention that there may be less severe but long term side effects from those vaccines that could never show up in a trial. 

But hey, Thalidomide was Great, until it wasn't

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Like I say it depends on your beliefs 

You've stated yours which I respect, please respect mine.

the definition in law of a conspiracy is this

"A conspiracy is an agreement where two or more people agree to carry their criminal scheme into effect, the very agreement is the criminal act itself"

Dont get me started on the media, thats all crap from all sides in the USA from what I can see

And yes Hunter Biden needs investigating, if he's not then that throws the US justice system into the same category as your media, crap!

Nowhere in my response indicated that I didn't respect your belief.  I said help yourself and I wasn't being sarcastic.  If you think the risk is worth it, more power to you.  I'm not in the "compromised" category.  I don't have to look for a cure, or worry about dying.  Therefore, I find the theurapeutic to be sufficient.  

There is the Webster definition of conspiracy which no longer applies.  IT'S ANTIQUATED.  Meaning NO ONE uses it.  TODAY, practically everybody uses it to suggest that if the MSM doesn't endorse it (theory X), then it's not substantiated, therefore, not valid.  That's what it means today.  It's a very derogatory term that suggests the preponderance of evidence, "isn't sufficient" and will not hold up to scrutiny UNLESS the MSM endorses it.  And there is the rub, the media does not scrutinize anything any more, unless it's highly biased.  You can have a reporter standing in front of a burning building and the riot will be classified as peaceful and politicians will take up the chorus.  

You said, "Call me naive but personally I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories."   I'm not sure WHICH "conspiracy theory" you were referring to specifically.  But in today's environment I'm more likely to support the "conspiracy theory", than MSM's version.  And the WHO is no longer credible as a source - PERIOD.  They are bought and paid for by the CCP.  I would not quote them EVER.  

Edited by Guy Daley
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Guy Daley said:

Nowhere in my response indicated that I didn't respect your belief.  I said help yourself and I wasn't being sarcastic.  If you think the risk is worth it, more power to you.  I'm not in the "compromised" category.  I don't have to look for a cure, or worry about dying.  Therefore, I find the theurapeutic to be sufficient.  

There is the Webster definition of conspiracy which no longer applies.  IT'S ANTIQUATED.  Meaning NO ONE uses it.  TODAY, practically everybody uses it to suggest that if the MSM doesn't endorse it (theory X), then it's not substantiated, therefore, not valid.  That's what it means today.  It's a very derogatory term that suggests the preponderance of evidence, "isn't sufficient" and will not hold up to scrutiny.  And there is the rub, the media does not scrutinize anything any more, unless it's highly biased.  You can have a reporter standing in front of a burning building and the riot will be classified as peaceful and politicians will take up the chorus.  

You said, "Call me naive but personally I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories."   I'm not sure WHICH "conspiracy theory" you were referring to specifically.  But in today's environment I'm more likely to support the "conspiracy theory", than MSM's version.  And the WHO is no longer credible as a source - PERIOD.  They are bought and paid for by the CCP.  I would not quote them EVER.  

No offence taken Guy

I also agree the WHO are a totally defunct organisation

I try to be very selective about the media I listen to, I'm not American as you might gather so I dont have CNN and the like blasted at me from all angles thank God.

I agree that MSM in the West tries to dumb down its audience with misinformation and downright lies, most of the sheep get brainwashed and they achieve their goal, sad but true.

I dont think were far off agreeing with each other apart from I'd take a proven vaccine and you wouldnt, again personal choice.

• Upvote 2

On 10/17/2020 at 8:58 PM, Tom Nolan said:

The topic of this article points to the Covid response which is suppressing oil demand.

Get ready for a long, long haul as "The Great Reset" progresses.

Dr. Fauci Says We May Be Wearing Masks Into 2022

Herd immunity won’t be achieved for a few years, he says.

OCTOBER 16, 2020

https://www.eatthis.com/fauci-face-masks-2022/

The article notes how we will still be in semi-lockdown mode for at least a year.

What is it with this Fauci guy?  I'm serious.  Why hasn't Trump got rid of him?  Why does he want to be where he is in all this?  What's the angle?  Yeah, yeah, I get it: "he's bought and paid for by Big Pharma and the New World Order Brigade", and that may be true.  But that doesn't explain why Trump can't find a way to get rid of him.

It's odd that on the one hand, he constantly goes against the President while on the other hand, given any chance to talk about the President's early reactions and actions, he more or less praises Trump, again for those early actions.  I do find it interesting though, that he has in essence been given an equal or even more powerful platform than the President of the United States.  Constantly.

Trump makes any statement, that even quotes the CDC and the NIH, and out trots Fauci to state a murky opposite.  He's seen the data.  He talks to the boys and girls over at the WHO,, the CDC and the NIH, and he knows his statements are counter to them.  He knows of every mask test ever done.  You gotta figure he's made more than one deal with more than one Devil.

Let's say that all the players in the government health and science community tacitly or openly agree they will not step forward to try to take over for Fauci, unless Fauci removes himself from the scene.  In return Fauci will support them and lend an air of "the best health spokesman in the world" to the promotion of their very existence and their future budgets/bonuses, while at the same time making their positions as clear as mud: "it was clear, but now Fauci's spoken so I don't know what to believe".  This provides cover for all the failures of the CDC, WHO, and the NIH

And then, Fauci sits down with The Donald and and appeals to his inner narcissist: Fauci, for all his contrarianism, will put the same weight he brings to a useless mask and quarantine drill "until we decide which $500/dose miracle cure we're going to support against all others", to providing cover and legitimacy to the President on the big actions the President took in the early days.  Essentially, he tells Trump that he will support him for important issues, issues that might point to Trump unfavorably about things you could say were within his control, like shutting down air traffic from China and later Europe, pushing to open up and get back to work/school, etc. etc., and in return Fauci gets to counter him and push wearing a mask and quarantine the world until they're begging him to tell them which vaccine to buy.  And it ensures he is the face that is standing at the top/front of the U.S. Government's "face of Covid" so he has a massive platform to guide the recovery in his own way (or the way of others).

Otherwise, how do you explain why Trump can't find a way to get rid of him?

18 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

No offence taken Guy

I also agree the WHO are a totally defunct organisation

I try to be very selective about the media I listen to, I'm not American as you might gather so I dont have CNN and the like blasted at me from all angles thank God.

I agree that MSM in the West tries to dumb down its audience with misinformation and downright lies, most of the sheep get brainwashed and they achieve their goal, sad but true.

I dont think were far off agreeing with each other apart from I'd take a proven vaccine and you wouldnt, again personal choice.

Great conversation, guys.  If Congress were like you, attitudes across America would be fundamentally different.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1