TN

Irina Slav has a good article - Regarding Investors & Oil

The following October 25th (Sunday) article by Irina Slav is a good read.  In fact, it has circulated to not only Yahoo Finance but also to Zero Hedge.    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/big-profits-are-no-longer-top-priority-oil-investors

Her article discusses expected returns for investors in the oil industry.  As we all know, returns in recent times are not looking good.  However, it begs one to view which major industries (besides Big Pharma & Big Data) should provide solid investment returns for the future.  As far as commodities go, I personally favor the mining industry, especially precious metals.  I think SILVER has the most upside potential of any major commodity.

Big Profits Are No Longer The Top Priority For Oil Investors

By Irina Slav - Oct 25, 2020, 6:00 PM CDT

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Big-Profits-Are-No-Longer-The-Top-Priority-For-Oil-Investors.html

A FEW EXCERPTS

...if returns were the one and only priority of investors today, they would be unhappy.

Back in 2006, the average return on capital employed in upstream activities among Big Oil majors stood at more than 27 percent, a recent study by Boston Capital Group revealed. In 2019, that average was no more than 3.5 percent. That's before the pandemic pummeled oil prices and forced severe spending cuts. The oil industry's returns, the study showed, had become much less resilient to price movements.

The difference is too stark to be brushed off as coincidental. Indeed, the authors of the study note that one marked change in the industry during the period between 2006 and 2019 was a shift in companies' upstream asset portfolios...

... Oil and gas will continue to be needed, but they would need to be produced differently to satisfy investors' changing sentiment towards the industry. According to Boston Capital Group's study, 65 percent of oil investors want companies to prioritize ESG factors over profits, even if this has a negative on said profits...

[ ESG means Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance refers to the three central factors in measuring the sustainability and societal impact of an investment in a company or business.

For me personally, I hold that Boston Capital Group study as "suspect" for propaganda.  In reality, for the average retail investor, I do not see them "donating" their hard earned savings into a negative yielding instrument.  I can understand large corporations which are controlled by elite investing in the ESG as part of an agenda like "The Great Reset", because they always worm a way to gain some type of benefit.]

• Like 2

Lol, The Only Thing That Matter For Investors Like Me Are BIG PROFITS! Fuck the new energy! I Want Big Dividends And If They Don’t Give It I Will Sell My Stocks And Buy Real Big Dividend Stocks! 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

7 hours ago, Tom Nolan said:

The following October 25th (Sunday) article by Irina Slav is a good read.  In fact, it has circulated to not only Yahoo Finance but also to Zero Hedge.    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/big-profits-are-no-longer-top-priority-oil-investors

Big Profits Are No Longer The Top Priority For Oil Investors

By Irina Slav - Oct 25, 2020, 6:00 PM CDT

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Big-Profits-Are-No-Longer-The-Top-Priority-For-Oil-Investors.html

A FEW EXCERPTS

Boston Capital .  Yea right.  LOL

It figures, "Boston"  Capital.  Those Massachusetts Elite Lib green teamers.

Reprinting that poll on an oil investment website should be considered malpractice.

I'm not against renewables but flooding the U.S. market  hundreds of $ billions even $ Trillions of taxpayers dollars  into this so called Green New Deal is wasteful and only benefits Wallstreet, friends of the D.C. insiders and China.

I love EVs.  They will hit an inflection point and skyrocket when the next generation solid state batteries are on the market.  

I'd bet on Fusion Reactors if there was an opportunity. Let's hope it's successful. Then everyone's happy. 

Edited by BLA
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dave Gilmour said:

Lol, The Only Thing That Matter For Investors Like Me Are BIG PROFITS! Fuck the new energy! I Want Big Dividends And If They Don’t Give It I Will Sell My Stocks And Buy Real Big Dividend Stocks!

Ditto!

I do not invest to lose money.

1 hour ago, BLA said:

Boston Capital .  Yea right.  LOL

It figures, "Boston"  Capital.  Those Massachusetts Elite Lib green teamers.

Reprinting that poll on an oil investment website should be considered malpractice.

I'm not against renewables but flooding hundreds of $ billions even $ Trillions into this so called Green New Deal is wasteful and only benefits Wallstreet, friends of the D.C. insiders and China.

Ditto.  You said it.

There is nothing wrong with renewable energy if it is viable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Tom Nolan said:

Ditto.  You said it.

There is nothing wrong with renewable energy if it is viable.

If it is made in the U.S.A. 

• Upvote 1