ff

can Trump pardon himself?

4 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

dont-let-your-alligator-mouth-overload-your-hummingbird-ass-52580828.png

I'm having visions of genetically modified flocks of flying alligators, wheres my CRISPR kit!!

• Haha 3

The last thing Biden wants is Trump sucking all the oxygen out of the room. If needed, Biden will pardon Trump.

As far as states go, does Trump do his own taxes? If not, he won't go to jail. Capone went to jail because he knew he was making a zillion dollars and not paying taxes. With our arcane, twisted tax laws, all Trump has to do is tell the court to ask his tax lawyers. He can reasonably assert he hasn't studied the 2,600 pages of the federal tax code, the 6350 pages of IRS rulings, and the 61,000 pages of case law,  as well as the 10's of thousands of pages of all the state tax codes.

And remember, the states will be fighting amongst themselves, thus defending Trump. "No, that money isn't owed to your state, it is owed to our state."

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Michael Sanches said:

The last thing Biden wants is Trump sucking all the oxygen out of the room. If needed, Biden will pardon Trump.

As far as states go, does Trump do his own taxes? If not, he won't go to jail. Capone went to jail because he knew he was making a zillion dollars and not paying taxes. With our arcane, twisted tax laws, all Trump has to do is tell the court to ask his tax lawyers. He can reasonably assert he hasn't studied the 2,600 pages of the federal tax code, the 6350 pages of IRS rulings, and the 61,000 pages of case law,  as well as the 10's of thousands of pages of all the state tax codes.

And remember, the states will be fighting amongst themselves, thus defending Trump. "No, that money isn't owed to your state, it is owed to our state."

Actually it is good to see a individual person illuminating a very fundamentally and stark point. Those returns were analyzed and prepared by professional "read well paid" tax analysts...and vetted by a legal team prior to submittance.

Taking things a obvious conclusion Trump no longer being a President would make him a private citizen. Not only would that shield him with the protections of a private citizen it would also pull the shackel's of the Presidency off. He would no longer be contained nor restrained by the office, 

My thoughts turn to ATT and severing its ties/liabilities with CNN, Zucker is being stepped down and CNN is on the auction block. Att is well aware of the potential liabilities and distancing is a known immunity from a potential virus..To be a fly on the wall right now...

Of course the above is merely a opinion and your mileage will vary accordingly.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

I like the concept above: CNN turning into Trump News. 

😂

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

😂

Well that does have some teeth to it does it not? Lmao so many possibilites.

• Haha 2

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

5 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

The only thing Trump could do to avoid prison at this point is to flee to a country that does not have an extradition treaty with the United States. He is so thoroughly hosed that he's desperately trying to overturn the election. 

Trump finally gets a prediction right?

"I'm not gonna feel so good.  Maybe I'll have to leave the country."

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

😂

I'd love to see Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper cry, and then cut away to Wolf on the side of the set, smiling.  They'd better keep Dr. Sanjay Gupta on hand to work the paddles!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

😂

I heard CNN is on sale for $185,000 and a pony.

6 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

I heard CNN is on sale for $185,000 and a pony.

CNN is owned Warner Media, which is owned by AT&T... big boy money like Facebook.

Trump cult can go play in the media equivalent of a sandbox the stray cats use as a litter box (Newsmax, Parlor).

• Haha 1

(edited)

On 11/18/2020 at 9:44 AM, Bob D said:

What if Trump resigned as President on Jan 20th, making Pence President for a day who then pardons Trump??

Would that work??

Based on Nixon yes.  But it is Catch 22. By accepting the pardon, Trump could be forced to testify against his kids in the federal tax fraud cases  where he could be convicted of perjury if he makes false statements. Burdick v. United States, 236 U.S. 79 (1915),   If he does want not to testify then he can refuse the pardon and  be tried as a co defendant.  A conviction for the pardoned federal crime can be used in companion state court  or the ICCJ to prove guilt but not to enhance the sentence.

United States v. Wilson, 32 U.S. (7 Pet.) 150 (1833),

Citations 32 U.S. 150 (more)
7 Pet. 150; 8 L. Ed. 640; 1833 U.S. LEXIS 340
Holding
United States v. Wilson

A pardon cannot be recognized by a judge if it has not been brought judicially before the court by plea, motion, or otherwise.
Court membership
Chief Justice
John Marshall
Associate Justices
William Johnson · Gabriel Duvall
Joseph Story · Smith Thompson
John McLean · Henry Baldwin

Case opinioin

Madoff plead guilty so he could not be made to testify against his family.

Pardon can be admitted in state court as evidence of a guilty plea for the same offense as in Federal court. Joe Arpaio Found Out He Admitted Guilt With Trump Pardon On Live TV https://www.newsweek.com/joe-arpaio-found-out-admitted-guilt-trump-pardon-live-tv-781824 See also Burdick v. United States, 236 U.S. 79 (1915),

Arapio is still a convicted (twice state and federal) criminal. Comes up when you check the NCIC data base.

Edited by nsdp
correct typos
  • Upvote 3

On 11/19/2020 at 2:38 PM, Eyes Wide Open said:

Actually it is good to see a individual person illuminating a very fundamentally and stark point. Those returns were analyzed and prepared by professional "read well paid" tax analysts...and vetted by a legal team prior to submittance.

Taking things a obvious conclusion Trump no longer being a President would make him a private citizen. Not only would that shield him with the protections of a private citizen it would also pull the shackel's of the Presidency off. He would no longer be contained nor restrained by the office, 

My thoughts turn to ATT and severing its ties/liabilities with CNN, Zucker is being stepped down and CNN is on the auction block. Att is well aware of the potential liabilities and distancing is a known immunity from a potential virus..To be a fly on the wall right now...

Of course the above is merely a opinion and your mileage will vary accordingly.

I have done Federal white collar crime for 25 years on the Federal Public defender's A panel.  Regardless of who prepares your tax return you are on the hook personally  certifying the accuracy of the return. All of Jemnkins & Gilchrest's tax shelter clients found out the hard way. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-news/jenkins__gilchrist_np_pr.pdf

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

(edited)

15 hours ago, nsdp said:

I have done Federal white collar crime for 25 years on the Federal Public defender's A panel.  Regardless of who prepares your tax return you are on the hook personally  certifying the accuracy of the return. All of Jemnkins & Gilchrest's tax shelter clients found out the hard way. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-news/jenkins__gilchrist_np_pr.pdf

As I have stated in prior threads, I do not know you, nor your skill sets. To that point get your game on and play. Aside from that it seems quite obvious you are merely bloviating. Which you are entitled to do. 

Frankly I enjoy a robust conversation such as this, so get it on...don't talk the talk walk it. Lawyers and carsalesmen, are both enlightening and very boorish, the amazing part would be that statement can be used in one thought.

Now on to political jabs...have you gotten your Trump Bump yet, that would be code for vaccination, you know operation "Warp Speed". Asking for a friend.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

On 11/20/2020 at 5:52 AM, Ward Smith said:

Interesting.  Here's a longer version of Giuliani's press conference.  Towards  the end of the clip, something was leaking down the sides of his face. 

Anyway, this election is a big joke! (Laughs hysterically)

Edited by Hotone

10 hours ago, nsdp said:

That is my understanding, too.  A personal tax return means personal responsibility. If a suit, the person would presumably try, in turn, to seek a negligence suit against his 'advisors'.  Plus, ignorance of the law is not an accepted defence to exonerate a person from liability to the govt.

Attorneys are granted client-solicitor priviledge. CPAs are not granted. How many of you know why? Or, even care to know?

I cannot believe this is even a topic of conversation. Of course not. Nixon did not pardon himself. That came from President Ford. Anyway, the question presupposes what crimes?

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 3

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I cannot believe this is even a topic of conversation. Of course not. Nixon did not pardon himself. That came from President Ford. Anyway, the question presupposes what crimes?

Jebus, the dude was impeached yet people remain oblivious to the potential for relevant criminal exposure such as obstruction of justice. 

Anyway, the pardon(s) will only protect Donald from federal criminal prosecution not state or foreign. 

• Haha 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

(edited)

4 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

Jebus, the dude was impeached yet people remain oblivious to the potential for relevant criminal exposure such as obstruction of justice. 

Anyway, the pardon(s) will only protect Donald from federal criminal prosecution not state or foreign. 

C'mon, man! 

Please look up the definition of "impeach".  I'll help you out: To impeach is to accuse.

Now, look up the definition of "convict".  I can help you out here, too: To convict is to prove guilt.

(Your) Crux #1:  Those accusing, or impeaching, failed to find facts to support their accusations.  In fact, their accusations changed several times during the trial (which is usually not allowed in a court of law; but this was the U.S. House Representatives, so there!), and those changes in accusations brought with them a need to defend against an ever changing/moving goalposts, if you will. 

(Your) Crux #2: The defendant is protected, both in our system of justice and in our system of government, from harassment and even from contact with his accusers during the course of a trial.  In this case, the accusers kept changing their accusations during the trial and they plastered their accusations, each and every time, all over the media (harassment).  The defendant can, and did, complain about the new accusations raised and those (false) accusations being plastered all over the media, each time the accusers were unsuccessful in proving their previous accusations, the accused can complain that it was impossible to keep up with the accusers requests for an ever changing list of documents and evidence disproving the accusers accusations.

(Your) Crux #3:  The accused can then plaster his frustrations all over the media, since that is the platform that the accusers chose to convict the accused upon.  He can also complain to the judge, in this case Congress and thereby the American voters that put Congress into office, to seek relief from said harassment.

(Your) Crux #4: The accusers, in this case the Democrat seat holders of the House of Representatives, did not like those public cries of harassment in the public domain and called it "obstruction" of justice, and then made it their final accusation, repeat accusation, in the impeachment hearings.  This accusation was also shot down by the majority of the publicly elected "court", meaning the impeachment, or accusation, was proved to be without merit.

Accusations, in our system of justice and our system of government, do NOT equal convictions.  If they did, I'd accuse and convict you tomorrow, and have you thrown in jail by dinner time. :) 

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Great Response! 3

(edited)

Insulated snugly in the cult information ecosystem they remained blind to Dear Leader's obvious criminal risk exposure. Their cable TV priests reaffirmed Dear Leader's innocence and it was sufficient. Priests who failed to make their nightly sacrifices were excommunicated as unclean. 

Edited by BradleyPNW
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BradleyPNW said:

Insulated snugly in the cult information ecosystem they remained blind to Dear Leader's obvious criminal risk exposure. Their cable TV priests reaffirmed Dear Leader's innocence and it was sufficient. Priests who failed to make their nightly sacrifices were excommunicated as unclean. 

Whatever you say @Enthalpic sock puppet. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, BradleyPNW said:

@Rasmus Jorgensen

Do you see what we are accused of?  We are cultists.  We follow the equivalent of the North Korean "Dear Leader".  We are blind to Donald Trump's unlawfulness.  We watch priests on cable news.  Our priests make sacrifices.  We have excommunications for the unclean.  It never ends: the guilty accusing the innocent.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

@Rasmus Jorgensen

Do you see what we are accused of?  We are cultists.  We follow the equivalent of the North Korean "Dear Leader".  We are blind to Donald Trump's unlawfulness.  We watch priests on cable news.  Our priests make sacrifices.  We have excommunications for the unclean.  It never ends: the guilty accusing the innocent:) 

In fairness - if one where to use this forum as a barometer Trump supporters dishes out insults better than take them. But I get the point. And also recognize that this forum is not the only media outlet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

11 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Whatever you say @Enthalpic sock puppet. 

Ward logic is like trump logic.

Guy is kind of sick, had to find some foreigner /  mail order "woman"  to do the wired stuff he likes.

trump praises china.jpg

Thank you Sir may I have another?

trump praises china.jpg

Thank you sir may I have another?

trump agrees.jpg