Tom Kirkman

HUMOR: Estimating the Economic Benefits of the Shale Revolution

Sadly, this scholarly masterpiece of wonderously convoluted gobbledygook about Shale Oil Economics is no longer available on the internet.  I downloaded the original back in 2015, and kept it just for laughs.

>  See the attachment, I uploaded the original pdf document at the bottom of this comment.

The title of the document is

Fracking, Drilling, and Asset Pricing: Estimating the Economic Benefits of the Shale Revolution

There is a revised 2016 version available on the internet, with the same title, but that one is exceedingly long, far, far too long for me to wade through.  And even more scholarly.  With twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was.

In my next comment, I'll post a screencap from page 7.   Then you might understand why I call this humor.

shale_draftFeb132015.pdf

• Like 1

Here is a screencap from page 7.

Yes, there will be a test.

5b03d3a32f063_assetpricing.thumb.png.3cb3346f8af6078bc77752aad6f7d9d0.png

I see a formula, my brain goes "Wha?" But I'm sure it's all correct and true, yes.