Hiten Shah

tesla a In 2020, we produced and delivered half a million cars.

32 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Well, when you have one religion which says everything is god and another which says nothing is, you are going to have tensions. 

Pretty much why there are problems in the US right now.  Have half the country which says there is no truth, right or wrong and if it feels good do it while at the same time saying their truth matters🙄 and anyone who says otherwise is intolerant of "their truth", even though they just finished saying they are god and there is no truth... 🙄 and the other half saying there is ultimate truth, norms, standards, law, and what you do in your personal life is between you and God but does not give you the right to demand society accept your personal life as right and societal standard.  Yea, ya think there are tensions? 

Who knew, religion matters.  A house divided cannot stand.

I really don't understand your statement. Religions do differ and I am somewhat familiar with the many religions of India. None of them favor atrocities against other religions aside from Muslims. Now Hindu radicals are somehow targeting Christians and other religious groups. That wil not go over well. 

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/major-religions-in-modern-india.html

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 3:51 AM, NickW said:

Meanwhile in the real World Chinas solar and wind programmes dwarf the rest of the worlds efforts

China frequently exceeds its energy plans in regard to building solar and wind installations by specific dates. 

Coal consumption in China has been falling since 2013. 

China produces a greater % of its electricity (4%) from solar than the USA (3%). In addition Chinas Solar water heating installations are in the region of 300GW . The USA's is in the region of 20GW. 

the USA is ahead of the game on wind by Twh produced but not by capacity. The USA is better wind country than China. 

I'm no fan of China politically but acknowledge their advances in renewable roll out is commendable. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-20/china-set-for-massive-coal-expansion-in-threat-to-climate-goals

On 1/6/2021 at 7:36 AM, NickW said:

If these cars are registered by state / federal agencies (equivalent of DVLA - UK) I assume they are being put on the road and not squirelled away in secret desert facilities.😃.

I live to the East of London. I see plenty of Teslas, Nissan Leafs, and Renault Zoes in the town we live in and no doubt some of the BMW and VW EV models now being produced. 

Mandated by new rules for vehicles in London I think. 

On 1/6/2021 at 9:15 AM, Hiten Shah said:

Come to Nagpur in Central India. Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari belongs to this Place. He himself has done pilot project converting Sewage water to Bio CNG replacement for Natural gas. You can search on youtube for further information 

My topic on biogas. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N-TLMeHsKYBCirxS0vbqMGHpU2SmyLuCc7bqp8eYXVM/edit

2 hours ago, ronwagn said:

I really don't understand your statement. Religions do differ and I am somewhat familiar with the many religions of India. None of them favor atrocities against other religions aside from Muslims. Now Hindu radicals are somehow targeting Christians and other religious groups. That wil not go over well. 

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/major-religions-in-modern-india.html

Like most things in life, it is not a 0 or a 1.  Rather it is a shade of grey between. 

Different religions simply hinder or express different aspects of human psychology to a different rate, or different shade of grey depending on the aspect being discussed.  Now add additional layers of economics, culture, history, etc. 

I know this will shock everyone reading this, but: Just because a religion says to do something or not do something does not mean humans actually follow said rules even if they claim they do.  😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Mandated by new rules for vehicles in London I think. 

To get air quality levels below legal limits. 

This is one area that NGV fuelled buses would have helped. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Most of that is Supercritical plant which is much more efficient. Some of it will replace older lower efficiency plant. 

The coal build program is being scaled back. Coal consumption in China has been falling since 2013. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 1/12/2021 at 1:19 AM, Wombat said:

And I suppose you think that God will stop the seas from rising? That is insane buddy :) 

I'm an atheist.  So where do you come up with this BS?   Somehow, someway the brainwashing worked it's magic on you.  You actually think the seas are rising?    And this is because the media told you so?  

The media has lied non-stop for four years about Trump.  Russian collusion, Ukrainian phone call BS, etc, etc.  Mega Mueller investigation that cost millions but Mueller was happy to do because he got rich doing it charging who knows how much per hour.  Then you have the covid hoax where you can die from anything but it will be chalked up to covid, plus the false positive PCR tests which we PROBABLY acquired from China, etc, etc, ad nauseum and then here comes the wombat that thinks the media would not lie about climate change in order to brainwash the populace into adopting a new agenda which of course will end up benefiting certain groups and probably make the cost of energy skyrocket for the consumer.  

It's not my fault, you lack common sense and have abdicated logic to whatever the media tells you to think.  No Wombat, god is Santa Claus for adults.  

13 minutes ago, Guy Daley said:

I'm an atheist.  So where do you come up with this BS?   Somehow, someway the brainwashing worked it's magic on you.  You actually think the seas are rising?    And this is because the media told you so?  

The media has lied non-stop for four years about Trump.  Russian collusion, Ukrainian phone call BS, etc, etc.  Mega Mueller investigation that cost millions but Mueller was happy to do because he got rich doing it charging who knows how much per hour.  Then you have the covid hoax where you can die from anything but it will be chalked up to covid, plus the false positive PCR tests which we PROBABLY acquired from China, etc, etc, ad nauseum and then here comes the wombat that thinks the media would not lie about climate change in order to brainwash the populace into adopting a new agenda which of course will end up benefiting certain groups and probably make the cost of energy skyrocket for the consumer.  

It's not my fault, you lack common sense and have abdicated logic to whatever the media tells you to think.  No Wombat, god is Santa Claus for adults.  

You clearly do not live close to the ocean, and have no interest in science despite being an athiest like myself. Again, agree with most of what you say, and my politics is centre-right, but nutbags like you that think climate science is a hoax do no favours for conservative politics. I have degrees in Physics, Environmental Science, and Business. I think for myself, but do not ignore facts. You were very stupid to block NickW, he is an expert on nuclear technology and you could learn a thing or two from him, if only you had the balls to open your mind.

• Like 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

23 hours ago, NickW said:

I see now its more of an issue for SE Asia as Dan pointed out. 

However if syphoning off large amounts of water from the Brahm significantly affects Bangladesh this has a direct impact on India. 

An Indian I know said India's biggest fear from Global warming is Bangaldesh under 5 feet of water. 

Correct again Nick, shame Guy Daley doesn't understand that because if he has a child in the US military their most likely cause of death will be in a war that starts between India and China. Unlike Dan, I hope that India actually does lob some nukes at China, and same with France, the UK, and the USA. Even Pakistan is starting to realise that it is not in their interest to be a Chinese lapdog because India will not tolerate it. 10 weeks ago, I convinced the US admin to go all-in to develop India and pull out of China. It is the new "operation warpspeed" and India is considering buying the F-18 Super Hornet for their ac carriers. They are reducing their arms imports from Russia due to the Russo-Sino alliance.

1 minute ago, Wombat said:

Correct again Nick, shame Guy Daley doesn't understand that because if he has a child in the US military their most likely cause of death will be in a war that starts between India and China. Unlike Dan, I hope that India actually does lob some nukes at China, and same with France, the UK, and the USA. Even Pakistan is starting to realise that it is not in their interest to be a Chinese lapdog because India will not tolerate it. 10 weeks ago, I convinced the US admin to go all-in to develop India and pull out of China. It is the new "operation warpspeed" and India is considering buying the F-18 Super Hornet for their ac carriers. They are reducing their arms imports from Russia due to the Russo-Sino alliance.

I mean that France, UK, and USA also lob some nukes at China :) Typing too fast, grammar failed me!

1 hour ago, Wombat said:

You clearly do not live close to the ocean, and have no interest in science despite being an athiest like myself. Again, agree with most of what you say, and my politics is centre-right, but nutbags like you that think climate science is a hoax do no favours for conservative politics. I have degrees in Physics, Environmental Science, and Business. I think for myself, but do not ignore facts. You were very stupid to block NickW, he is an expert on nuclear technology and you could learn a thing or two from him, if only you had the balls to open your mind.

1. Oceanside living does not matter
  2. Interest in science, everyone does
  3. Atheist does not matter
  4. Everyone is a nutbag, only question is how many nuts are in the bag. World is too big to know much of anything
  5. Climate science, the part which is actually science is nice, the political IPCC clap surrounding it is the hoax and blaming humans for everything is also the hoax.  Humans did not cause the worldwide little ice age, nor did Dinosaurs farting cause the ice age...
  6. Your/My paper degrees mean zilch other than how much $$$ we have wasted
  7. Great you claim to think for yourself.. << shocker >>  so do the other 7 Billion...
  8. Blocking someone... yea, it works sometimes
  9. NickW is a train maintenance guy with an interest in something other than his main job like most everyone else and has never claimed to have worked in nuclear field and not exactly a nuclear "expert".  I have worked VERY briefly on nuclear plant logistics etc, but that does not make me a nuclear "expert" or even knowledgeable. 
  10. Open mind, and learning a thing or 2 from someone.... Yes
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:
  4. Everyone is a nutbag, only question is how many nuts are in the bag. World is too big to know much of anything
  5. Climate science, the part which is actually science is nice, the political IPCC clap surrounding it is the hoax and blaming humans for everything is also the hoax.  Humans did not cause the worldwide little ice age, nor did Dinosaurs farting cause the ice age...
  7. Great you claim to think for yourself.. << shocker >>  so do the other 7 Billion...
  9. NickW is a train maintenance guy with an interest in something other than his main job like most everyone else and has never claimed to have worked in nuclear field and not exactly a nuclear "expert".  I have worked VERY briefly on nuclear plant logistics etc, but that does not make me a nuclear "expert" or even knowledgeable. 

I might not like some of your conspiracy theories, but I do enjoy your sense of humour. Just wish you could see the big picture. It is called HYDROGEN ECONOMY and it will make all Western countries, including the USA, very rich again in about 15 years time. Got it?

1 hour ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Industrial Hygienist & Toxicologist. Public Health Scientist in an earlier life

And no - not an expert on nuclear. I have never made any claim to be. I have done some work on ionising and non ionisiing radiation exposure mainly in Oil and Gas. 

3 hours ago, Wombat said:

Mr Daley is uber touchy. As you can see I did a ball park calculation on the effect of 5 million EV's on the road on oil demand. All transparent. He then raises this issue of them not actually being on the road so I make a light joke about them going into a warehouse in area 51

He then goes off on one throwing his teddy out of his pram and blocking me!😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

(edited)

21 minutes ago, NickW said:

Mr Daley is uber touchy. As you can see I did a ball park calculation on the effect of 5 million EV's on the road on oil demand. All transparent. He then raises this issue of them not actually being on the road so I make a light joke about them going into a warehouse in area 51

He then goes off on one throwing his teddy out of his pram and blocking me!😁

Hey, Area 51 has a stargate and they need themselves some EV's offworld!

Oh right, that Stargate is now at Colorado Springs as the other Stargate exploded...

Your EV destination was off by ~1000km

Edited by footeab@yahoo.com
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Wombat said:

Apparently your "degrees" haven't done you any favors in parsing the clues.  Nor do I have to live close to the ocean to know what's happening.  Do I have to live in Brazil to know that they are/were mowing down the rain forest to convert into agricultural land?  Like I said, you lack common sense and the ability to think for yourself DETERMINED by the things that you have said to me.  One thing in particular that your lifetime of experience has FAILED you, is that you are UNABLE to understand when you're being steered in a particular direction by propaganda via the MSM.  You seem to think that the media will only lie about certain things but global warming isn't one of them.  Gore is a charlatan and for the most part he started this movement.  The Greta example should be a 2X4 upside your head concerning the magnitude and DEPTH of the willingness for the media to twist and contort the general publics opinions concerning the validity of global warming.  But it all went over your head and they have the hook set and now you can't free yourself.  

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 5:49 AM, NickW said:

The two issues combine to double the problem. Sinking land mass and sea levels rising by >3mm year. 

Same as New York. 

On 1/13/2021 at 12:29 PM, ronwagn said:

I trust you mean gasoline but natural gas is a cleaner option and a great option pricewise. It can work well for trucks, ships and any other ICE vehicle.  

Nope. He means natural gas Ron.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wombat said:

Same as New York. 

And Boston, Miami, New Orleans, Jakarta, Shanghai, London, Singapore, Melbourne, Bangkok etc etc etc. 

So, with Biden killing pipelines and eliminating drilling for oil and "natural gas" on federal lands, since, he will not allow drilling or permitting for 60 days building the strangling policies he'll hand over to his DOI nominee Haaland, the question should be - will there be enough natural gas to generate the electricy for the EVs he demands.  

Elon Musk said two weeks ago that there isn't enough electric power to handle the Tesla he will produce now.  Biden is going to spend $1.7 Trillion for 500,000 charging stations.  There are 154,000 gas stations in the U.S.  Gotta be on the grid to generate the electricity so wonder what his plan is - or the question is, does he have any?  He seems to be nationalizing the energy industry by ban.  

On 1/11/2021 at 8:26 PM, Wombat said:

Nick, the H2 industry is only just getting started. With cheaper renewables, the more sense it makes. Give it 20 years, and hybrid H2/Electric vehicles will be on everyone's lips. Yellow H2 may even start to outpace Green H2 after the grid is 100% zero emission in 20 years in most countries. Think India, Russia, China. No qualms with nuclear in those countries.

We will all watch patiently to see what really happens as the years pass. The only important thing is that the citizens of the world get low cost reasonably INEXPENSIVE fuel  that is clean and that best practices are used producing it. 

The worst offenders worldwide are China and India. The green media should focus on them. We should not pay them to build out their infrastructure because we are BROKE.

On 1/13/2021 at 10:47 AM, Wombat said:

I might not like some of your conspiracy theories, but I do enjoy your sense of humour. Just wish you could see the big picture. It is called HYDROGEN ECONOMY and it will make all Western countries, including the USA, very rich again in about 15 years time. Got it?

Maybe, but will it cost less than natural gas?

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

Maybe, but will it cost less than natural gas?

The current method of producing "green" hydrogen relies on electrolysis of water. We you use spare electrical capacity, the electricity is basically free, so the cost is driven by the capital cost of the electrolysers. There a great deal of R&D going on to drive down this cost. "green" H2 is not yet truly cost-competitive, but this will almost certainly change rapidly.

A newer concept is to co-locate the electrolyzer with a wind turbine, and then pipe the H2 to shore instead of running an electrical cable. The cost of the H2 in this case must pay for the whole wind turbine plus the electrolyzer. These will be floating turbines, very far from shore, where the electrical losses and cable costs make them uneconomic for electricity production. This makes them more like offshore NG wells.

• Like 1