Dan Warnick

Is the Chinese CCP Following the Left's Leadership, or the Left Following the CCP's?

IN a move that appears to be mirroring the Left in the U.S. at this time, the Chinese CCP has found it easiest to strip Hong Kong lawyers of their credentials for representing the government's foes rather than deal with them in the courts.  Incredibly, we have seen the same thing happening in the U.S. over these last weeks.  But the only reason it appears that the CCP is mirroring the Left in the U.S. at this time is the timing (and possibly a selective media?).  We saw it first in the U.S., but was the CCP already doing this to Hong Kong opposition types long before now?  OF course they were.  One will recall, starting some years ago, that any opposition political candidate for Hong Kong office would simply find it impossible to be listed for election; only CCP favored candidates need apply. 

Regardless who's following whom, it is, in the West at least, a stunning move against freedom, democracy and protections from the very government we put into power.  If we cannot go to the legal system for relief from the abuses of a government run amok, are we rendered impotent against the State?  If the legal system is rendered impotent against the State, will those in power have no hesitation in changing laws according to their whims, knowing they will go unchallenged by "the electorate"?  This leads us back to Democratic elections themselves: Will the Left, now in control of all 3 branches of U.S. government for at least the next 2 years, simply change our statutes to make elections not only NOT necessary, but in fact illegal?  I doubt they would be that bold, at least not that obviously bold, but there are many laws quietly made at the State level which can be changed to render the same result, which I would argue is what has happened in the recent National Elections.

The following article should give pause to any free thinking people.  From the stripping of lawyer's credentials to "12 Hong Kong activists detained at sea by Chinese authorities" and brought to the Mainland for detention and to otherwise be dealt with (most disappear if there is not constant Western attention and pressure).  There have been many reports from Hong Kong that authorities there simply snatch activists from Hong Kong and report that they were found "at sea", never to return or be heard from again.  How does the West help the Hong People's, or any other's, fight for freedom and Democracy when our very own freedoms are in peril at home?

China strips license of lawyer for Hong Kong activist

(Excerpt. Full story at the link)

FILE - In this Sept. 29, 2020, file photo, university students put up posters to demand of releasing the 12 Hong Kong activists detained at sea by Chinese authorities, at "Lennon Wall" in the University of Hong Kong. Lu Siwei, who represented one of 12 Hong Kong activists who tried to flee to Taiwan, had his license revoked by the Sichuan Provincial Justice Department in a formal notice given Friday, Jan. 15, 2021. (AP Photo/Kin Cheung, File)
FILE - In this Sept. 29, 2020, file photo, university students put up posters to demand of releasing the 12 Hong Kong activists detained at sea by Chinese authorities, at "Lennon Wall" in the University of Hong Kong. Lu Siwei, who represented one of 12 Hong Kong activists who tried to flee to Taiwan, had his license revoked by the Sichuan Provincial Justice Department in a formal notice given Friday, Jan. 15, 2021. (AP Photo/Kin Cheung, File)

TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — A Chinese lawyer who represented a Hong Kong pro-democracy activist was stripped of his license amid efforts by Beijing to crush opposition to its tighter control over the territory.

Lu Siwei, who represented one of 12 Hong Kong activists who tried to flee to Taiwan, had his license revoked by the Sichuan Provincial Justice Department in a formal notice given Friday.

Ten of the 12 activists caught at sea in August were sentenced by a Shenzhen court in December to prison terms ranging from seven months to three years for illegally crossing the border and organizing illegal border crossings.

They are part of an exodus of Hong Kong residents following Beijing's imposition of a tough new security law they say is destroying the territory's Western-style civil liberties. Since the law was introduced in response to anti-government protests that began in 2019, dozens of pro-democracy activists have been arrested or detained.

The law has been denounced by European nations, the U.S. and others.

Beijing says the legislation allows Hong Kong to "enjoy more social stability, economic development and greater freedom." Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying called the 12 activists "elements attempting to separate Hong Kong from China," not democratic activists.

Beijing, which requires lawyers to swear an oath of loyalty to the ruling Communist Party, has tightened control over the profession. Other lawyers have been stripped of their licenses for representing defendants in politically sensitive cases. Some have been imprisoned.

In a notice last week, the Chengdu office of the Sichuan Justice Department said Lu had violated laws on professional legal conduct. It accused him of making comments online that had a "negative impact on society."

(More at the link)

Xi’s loyality demands are much like Trumps but with more teeth. Xi won’t just fire you and then talk shyt but will jail your butt and recondition your mind. 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Boat said:

recondition your mind

Sorry, but that made me laugh for some reason.  I've just never seen it put quite like that before.

(edited)

I'd argue its people like you who are inadvertently following Chinese propaganda.  The shit that Trump and his supporters did over the last 4 years has increased Chinese prestige and power with respect to the US.  Just look at the capitol riot and the way its playing out in Chinese media.  

What the Chinese government is saying to all of its neighbors is: the US won't stand up for you.  And Trump played right along into it.  The policies and attitudes that you guys support are so fucking disastrous for American interests I'm inclined to think you guys are secretly Chinese spies out to sabotage the US with dumb, counter productive ideas and idiotic conspiracy theories.

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

US (and maybe the powerful Western Countries as a whole) should stop the pride of  "Our politician is all about Democracy, with a few politicians who corrupted and acted on foreign  behave" mindset and start working to improve their Democracy.

Nowadays, maybe since Cold War, Western politicians have to balance out public opinion to get vote vs Global Corporations- GC (Big Tech, Big Pharmacy, Big Banks or Funds...Many of them  are USA origin, therefor US is accused for hegemony by others). To have an easier life, politicians will try to change public opinion accordingly to Global Corporations, even by publicly criticize GC and promoting equality. 

Global Corporations will be the brokers between Western Governments and China. They benefits from all of the sides with governments tax spending, friendly regulations, Western markets and China's market.

When Trump put pressure on China (CCP), China weapon to reduce the pressure, beside Covid19, is to ask for help from GC and promise GC more markets (no free lunch).

GC can lobby directly to government (Trump was trying to stop that), or via put the party they favor to power by donating money to the party or media. Their favorite Party will have more money for left-oriented associations for manipulating political events and mainstream will adjust the volume up or down. 

Trump became president is an obstacle to all of the complicated stable relationship above so GC coordinating Dem Party domestically and other big Western ruling parties to target him (These parties would need donation & media for their elections too, and they need GC to broker with China to have some economic performance to their public so they can be kept in power and increase tax).

If there was no surprise in 2016 US election or Brexit, most Western politicians are mostly GC puppets trying to navigate public opinion to be in power.  China is GC trading  partner and their potential opponent as well. 

China is not in GC club, but its own GC + its own government. It has the advantage of both in resources distribution but the vulnerable of both (when it has to deal with Trump and GC and control its power).

Now Trump is gone, GC will try to gain both from the western governments tax and world markets, including China. China is more afraid of GC than US new Administrator. And US new Administrator is more afraid of GC than China. With Hunter Biden's event exposed yet cannot change the US election results (your cannot rigged election without big tech and media), China hold very weak hostages to manipulate US politicians directly.

GC between themselves have mutual benefits to manipulate governments, and competitions as well (to prevent too obvious antitrust public opinion). They are happy to swallow each other when one GC is lacking behind, including China. They are friends with benefits and opponents as well. How long can CCP  satisfy GC to keep the independent power without being swallowed and becoming GC puppet is the question, the alternative of China conquer all GC is very unlikely.

We surely are in a complicate world much different from history. Technologies revolution & globalization are both blessing and curses. The voice of the people via voting is getting smaller but the people are always the one pay the ultimate price.

Edited by SUZNV
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

I'd argue its people like you who are inadvertently following Chinese propaganda.  The shit that Trump and his supporters did over the last 4 years has increased Chinese prestige and power with respect to the US.  Just look at the capitol riot and the way its playing out in Chinese media.  

What the Chinese government is saying to all of its neighbors is: the US won't stand up for you.  And Trump played right along into it.  The policies and attitudes that you guys support are so fucking disastrous for American interests I'm inclined to think you guys are secretly Chinese spies out to sabotage the US with dumb, counter productive ideas and idiotic conspiracy theories.

I have posted similar feelings picking the Russians as the bad guys. But yea, a lot of anti US sentiment on this site. 
I don’t mind US citizens airing our “dirty laundry” in public with little care about what other countries think. If those countries are lucky they can cheer or complain about any issue. 
I also don’t mind what I call my “issue enemies” that slow my version of common sense that’s needed to move the country in a positive direction. 
It’s good to have diversity of opinion and the ability to air differences. I am all about freedom of speech, movement and opportunity.

I think the way China has forced its way into the South China Sea has a much more resonating and louder message than US politics for example. In spite of the rhetoric and spin in the news, the US in general has promised and continues the policy of a military umbrella for its allies. That’s not spin.

Edited by Boat
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SUZNV said:

GC can lobby directly to government (Trump was trying to stop that), or via put the party they favor to power by donating money to the party or media

I call foul and misinformation. Trump and Republicans pushed the idea that corporations are people to and money should not be excluded in their efforts to lobby. The SCOUS agreed. 
What’s funny is the list of huge media companies that fought Trump under this new rule. Now the Trump screams about the unfairness of it all. Lol they are so dumb.

Congress can overrule the SC but will they. Like the Patriot Act some legislation that is bad for the country takes on a life of its own.

46 minutes ago, Boat said:

I call foul and misinformation. Trump and Republicans pushed the idea that corporations are people to and money should not be excluded in their efforts to lobby. The SCOUS agreed. 
What’s funny is the list of huge media companies that fought Trump under this new rule. Now the Trump screams about the unfairness of it all. Lol they are so dumb.

Congress can overrule the SC but will they. Like the Patriot Act some legislation that is bad for the country takes on a life of its own.

I am afraid age has left your mind in a overly emotional state, now with that being said plz post a link with Trump endorsing Corporate citizenship or agreeing with corp America on the country's future....Big hint here, both parties were diametrically opposed.

• Like 1

(edited)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._FEC

Since I am so old and emotional don’t be offended by battling you right wingnuts.😀

So it was Kennedy, Roberts, Scalia, Thomas and Alito that voted for Citizens United. The case was about allowing a right wing organization that wanted to show a film trashing Hillary before the election. 
What it did was allow all corporations to spend unlimited money to support any candidate. Because people can and now corporations are people also.

So if Twitter, Google ets wants to trash Trump, it was your judges that opened that Pandora’s chest.

Now the Patriot Act will allow all police and military to be screened since they were present in the Capital attacks. If your a cop or military you better keep your social media clean. 

Edited by Boat

(edited)

26 minutes ago, Boat said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._FEC

Since I am so old and emotional don’t be offended by battling you right wingnuts.😀

So it was Kennedy, Roberts, Scalia, Thomas and Alito that voted for Citizens United. The case was about allowing a right wing organization that wanted to show a film trashing Hillary before the election. 
What it did was allow all corporations to spend unlimited money to support any candidate. Because people can and now corporations are people also.

So if Twitter, Google ets wants to trash Trump, it was your judges that opened that Pandora’s chest.

Now the Patriot Act will allow all police and military to be screened since they were present in the Capital attacks. If your a cop or military you better keep your social media clean. 

https://ccbriefing.corporate-citizenship.com/2017/12/14/sdgs-versus-trump-will-triumph/

SDGs versus Trump: Who will triumph?

December 14, 2017
Have a read..
I might add Trump walked the old Republican guard out the door... old memories do come to mind.
Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Like 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, Boat said:

You can simply check the list of donations to see Dem or Trump's campaign received more money from Corporations, hence the lobbying.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2020-election-trump-biden-donors/

Second you can see how Parlor got treated by Big Corp like Google, Apple, Amazon etc. and how Twitter and FB treated Trump. They are big corporations and anti-Trump. Big corporations depend on Wall Street so they really hate Trump for the trade war and surely they want to control the news which will affect their stocks. Narrative can bring their stocks up as well. The stock market nowadays are more about speculation than investment (dividends). 

For skills workers got Green Card from corporations to live in the US permanently, the max number is  85k people per year (20k masters got priority, then 65k masters and bachelors)  and because applications number are way more than that ( around 240k) so the the chance every one have is 30% every year. It worked this way long before Trump's time. Mostly corporation have enough resources to go with these applications. The Cap does not apply for PhD level. Trump did not change anything about that but since the trade war, Corporations less likely to bring Chinese engineers to the US.

Many voted for Trump not because he is a Republican or Right wing. If Trump had been in the Democrats side and Biden in the Republican side, many people would have voted for him. Trump won 2016 because many people were disappointed in both Democrats and Republican. I don't like Clinton, Obama as much as I don't like both Bush.  I didn't like Trump's personality but his policies but after seeing 4 years of how media, Dem, Social Network harassing him and his family and still hang in there, he earned my respect.

I believe your confidence is come from mainstream backing you up, as they are big so they cannot be wrong, and you don't question the conflicts and inconsistency in them. Please be assured that mainstream managed to get to me too, because I want to see the trend to invest stocks and bond for my 401k, or refinance, or buy house, or buy gold, or how secure is my job, when to spend and when to save. However I won't trust any news without question their motivations. No news/analysis educate you for free without hidden intentions.

We all have the same mainstream news but I interpret things different than you. 

If you think learning is all about sitting watching TV all days, please do some research about TV effect on brain:

https://thebrainperformancecenter.com/rot-brain/

Personally I don't like watching or listening. I like reading so I have enough time to think or do research or look up terminology.

Edited by SUZNV
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

And in the last 4 years Trump fucked over a lot the people who voted for him.  He screwed over farmers, manufacturing hasn't gone anywhere- growing at roughly the same rate as Obama, and the people who benefited the most from his policies are people with equity accounts (stocks, bonds, owners of corporations, etc.).  

The rich got richer under Trump, and the poor got fucked.  And anyone who was invested in energy or worked in the energy field also got fucked. 

Edited by Zhong Lu

(edited)

54 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

And in the last 4 years Trump fucked over a lot the people who voted for him.  He screwed over farmers, manufacturing hasn't gone anywhere- growing at roughly the same rate as Obama, and the people who benefited the most from his policies are people with equity accounts (stocks, bonds, owners of corporations, etc.).  

The rich got richer under Trump, and the poor got fucked.  And anyone who was invested in energy or worked in the energy field also got fucked. 

The rich got richer under any US administration. Fracking crisis were because of the price war between Saudi vs Russia in Covid19 time.

In that stocks , bonds booming lay pensions, 401k, Roth 401, HSA of many ordinary US middle class (either working or retired).

Because of covid19, Farmers are doing great in exporting to China. 

Before Covid19, even Obama tried to take credit from Trump's growth and low unemployment. Lots of new factories were built in the Mid West, manufacturing was expanding. 

A personal question may I ask, you don't live in the US do you?

Edited by SUZNV
  • Upvote 2