JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

1 hour ago, TailingsPond said:

If you ignore the alarms, or otherwise act stupidly during fire drills, you will burn to death when there is an actual fire.  Is it better to be proactive and prepared or ignore risks because they are inconvenient or scary?

We know that "fake evacuations / fire drills" save lives.  You are so convinced that the earth is not at risk due to ignorance and arrogance, but consider the consequences if you are wrong, the penalty would be huge. 

If we act on climate change - and it ends up being false - we still get to live and would have cleaner air, water, and energy independence.

Not sure why you brought up the Chinese while referencing an American, fictional, TV show.

In this case, the cure is worse than the disease. You and your science chumps are in a panic for no reason, that is when real damage starts to happen.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

And don't think that people are so easily fooled as you seem to believe, when their standard of living is threatened with obliteration, people can be very attentive.

Most youth already don't have the same advantages of the past or a particularly high standard of living.  Many feel they are already getting screwed by corporations - they want change

"The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose."

James Baldwin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

The plans to eliminate fossil fuels would cause terminal economic dislocation and breakdown

Radical changes may be required, and as I said, the youth are not afraid of change - they demand it.

• Downvote 1

(edited)

9 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Radical changes may be required, and as I said, the youth are not afraid of change - they demand it.

Youth Is Wasted on the Young

Quoted from the wonderful net..

One thing people tend to mean by it is that youth has you at your peak physical form, for health and beauty and strength and resilience. It means youth should be having the time of their lives but they’re not. They stress out over things that don’t matter, and they’re reckless about things that do. Because they don’t have the long view yet, the perspective that decades of experience can give you. So it basically means, If I could be young again, knowing what I know now, I would do it right this time. Unlike how youth do it, and unlike how I did it when I actually was young.

Screenshot_20230324-220447.jpg

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

10 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Most youth already don't have the same advantages of the past or a particularly high standard of living.  Many feel they are already getting screwed by corporations - they want change

"The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose."

James Baldwin.

The young people whom I have met are looking forward to doing well in life, not scrapping their standard of living.

What kind of society do you keep?

(edited)

28 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

There is striking depth to that statement far more than I am able to speak to. 

When Culture's Collide 

What a topic that might be, almost every culture on this planet has been effected, chaos across on every continent. The one common anomaly would be Green Energy. And that is indisputable.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

49 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

The young people whom I have met are looking forward to doing well in life, not scrapping their standard of living.

You clearly are not in touch with the views of the mainstream youth.  The demographics data is very clear on this front - the young do not share your views.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2021/05/26/key-findings-how-americans-attitudes-about-climate-change-differ-by-generation-party-and-other-factors/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/492507/concerns-about-climate-change-united-states-by-age-group/

Of course, some children are being raised in a life of privilege and therefore do not want change.

age diff.jpg

Edited by TailingsPond

(edited)

The young care more about the environment and are more left leaning.  Young adults who have advanced education also tend to lean left.

It is very clear that the young, educated youth have vastly different views from the old and uneducated.

"Overall, about 53 percent of U.S. adults believe that global warming is mainly caused by human activity. However, there is a great disparity between political beliefs where 83 percent of people who identified as Liberal Democrats believe in anthropogenic climate change, in comparison to that 18 percent of identified Conservative Republicans were in agreement."

https://www.statista.com/statistics/492507/concerns-about-climate-change-united-states-by-age-group/

"Democrats enjoy a 27-percentage-point advantage among Millennial voters (59% are Democrats or lean Democratic, 32% are Republican or lean Republican)."

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2018/03/20/1-trends-in-party-affiliation-among-demographic-groups/

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2022/midterm-election-house-districts-by-education/

party of the dumb.jpg

Edited by TailingsPond

(edited)

1 hour ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

There is striking depth to that statement far more than I am able to speak to. 

When Culture's Collide 

What a topic that might be, almost every culture on this planet has been effected, chaos across on every continent. The one common anomaly would be Green Energy. And that is indisputable.

Oil has never caused chaos... nope, never.  Eyes wide shut.

I assure you many more people have died fighting for, mining, and refining oil than green energy.  If it's not soldiers dying in the middle east it is refinery or transport spills and explosions.  That is indisputable.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

3 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Here we go again!!!

giphy (1).gif

Those were actual fires, people died.  Those people had loved ones; not really a joke.

Do better than a reused meme.  Try harder, fail harder, or just learn.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Like 1

(edited)

Eyes closed won't look at oil related wars, chaos, death, and destruction.

Edited by TailingsPond

List of wars described as oil wars

(edited)

Meanwhile.....Just another failure in Green Energy.

Tesla’s rivals are launching more and more EV competitors to Musk’s behemoth. The problem is most just aren’t very good

August 2, 2023 at 2:39 AM PDT

https://fortune.com/2023/08/02/elon-musk-tesla-market-electric-vehicles-mazda-byd-mercedes-bmw-volkswagen/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Rolling Eye 2

42 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Meanwhile.....Just another failure in Green Energy.

Tesla’s rivals are launching more and more EV competitors to Musk’s behemoth. The problem is most just aren’t very good

Do you understand the difference between green energy and EV's?  You can run a EV off dirty coal electricity.  We want clean energy to run everything not just cars.

Intense competition for the EV market drives down prices which is good for the future of EV's.  Increasing oil prices is also good for the future of EV's.

Super low oil prices would help save ICE cars but in that case the oil industry goes broke.

You can't win.

• Upvote 1

Eyes closed won't look at oil related wars, chaos, death, and destruction.

(edited)

3 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Those were actual fires, people died.  Those people had loved ones; not really a joke.

Do better than a reused meme.  Try harder, fail harder, or just learn.

I have been waiting a long time for you to learn something of importance.

Sure the young are trendy and idealistic, but when they get married and have to provide for their families, reality sets in.

I have been through that routine.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

According to Biden & Co., oil is robust and getting more robust going forward.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/EIA-Raises-Brent-Spot-Price-Forecast.html

"The EIA sees Brent crude oil prices averaging $82.62 per barrel this year—an upward revision of some $4 per barrel, the STEO showed. For next year, the EIA predicts Brent will average $86.48 per barrel, an upward revision of some $2 per barrel, or 3.6%.

For August, the EIA sees Brent crude averaging $85 per barrel."

"The EIA sees crude oil production in the United States averaging 12.8 million barrels per day this year, and 13.1 million bpd next year, beating annual records on the back of expectations for higher well-level productivity and higher crude prices. U.S. crude oil production in 2922 averaged 11.91 million bpd."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Like 1

(edited)

34 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

According to Biden & Co., oil is robust and getting more robust going forward.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/EIA-Raises-Brent-Spot-Price-Forecast.html

Biden & Company is totally lost when it comes to "energy."  Saudi's maybe cut a million barrels but down in Guyana and other major strart-ups, production is offsetting their cuts...... The Market is and has been goverment run since the late eighties. For some of you who don't understand it's quite simple economics. Money talks, bullshit walks...... 

The worlds oceans haven't risen to submerge south Florida as Predicted by "Al" dumbshit Gore. Don't think the sea-levels have risen even the slightest tenths of an inch in 35 years. So if China wants to burn more coal.......so what! I pity some of the posters on this site that think electric cars and taking away gas stoves and water heaters is the answer to Climate Change.  The Climate is always changing, some years cold, some years a bit warmer than others.  It's all about "greed" and alot of folks bought right into it. And yes my new Hellcat gets 12mpg lol.

Enjoy the consumption, I am

Edited by Old-Ruffneck
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

The worlds oceans haven't risen to submerge south Florida as Predicted by "Al" dumbshit Gore. Don't think the sea-levels have risen even the slightest tenths of an inch in 35 years. So if China wants to burn more coal.......so what! I pity some of the posters on this site that think electric cars and taking away gas stoves and water heaters is the answer to Climate Change.  The Climate is always changing, some years cold, some years a bit warmer than others.

"No one has ever argued that anthropogenic impacts on climate did not exist, that is your own wild fantasy."

-Ecocharger

*cough*

eco.gif

12 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Biden & Company is totally lost when it comes to "energy."  Saudi's maybe cut a million barrels but down in Guyana and other major strart-ups, production is offsetting their cuts...... The Market is and has been goverment run since the late eighties. For some of you who don't understand it's quite simple economics. Money talks, bullshit walks...... 

The worlds oceans haven't risen to submerge south Florida as Predicted by "Al" dumbshit Gore. Don't think the sea-levels have risen even the slightest tenths of an inch in 35 years. So if China wants to burn more coal.......so what! I pity some of the posters on this site that think electric cars and taking away gas stoves and water heaters is the answer to Climate Change.  The Climate is always changing, some years cold, some years a bit warmer than others.  It's all about "greed" and alot of folks bought right into it. And yes my new Hellcat gets 12mpg lol.

That's a very myopic viewpoint. right now, thanks to the Inflation Reduction Act, there are a large number of regional hubs that have gamechanger potential that are going to be funded over the next year or so. These will touch nearly every American industry in the medium term and help global competitiveness. These are all managed through Department of Energy grants.

The solar activity hypothesis is fringe, and anyways, thanks to a dramatic scale up in cloud based compute and data, gold standard current generation climate models already assesses these full spectrum of potentialities. See for example, the open source Clima model: https://clima.caltech.edu/

• Upvote 1

(edited)

15 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Don't think the sea-levels have risen even the slightest tenths of an inch in 35 years.?????

in the past 35 years alone....4 inches...you do understand as the ice caps disappear the ocean levels rise...(thanks to the ignorant assholes who promote burning coal and unlimited oil use)

are you just mentally challenged???? please read the chart below....or do you need help ...I find old Rednecks such as yourself tend not to understand simple charts

https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators/climate-change-indicators-sea-level

Climate Change Indicators: Sea Level | US EPA

Edited by notsonice
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2