JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

The Green Titanic is sinking, it would seem communications have been restored..No demand ICEBERGS are just Nasty....Bigly Nasty at that!

JP Morgan Pulls Out Of $68 Trillion "Climate Action 100+" Group

By ZeroHedge - Feb 15, 2024, 3:30 PM CST

ESG and "green" investing for the better part of the last 6 months and today, the wreckage continues.

That's because mega-bank JP Morgan has officially left a $68 trillion investor coalition that is "focused on pressing the world’s biggest emitters of greenhouse gases to decarbonize," according to Bloomberg.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/JP-Morgan-Pulls-Out-Of-68-Trillion-Climate-Action-100-Group.html

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

The Green Titanic is sinking, it would seem communications have been restored..No demand ICEBERGS are just Nasty....Bigly Nasty at that!

ESG and "green" investing for the better part of the last 6 months and today, the wreckage continues.

That's because mega-bank JP Morgan has officially left a $68 trillion investor coalition that is "focused on pressing the world’s biggest emitters of greenhouse gases to decarbonize," according to Bloomberg.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/JP-Morgan-Pulls-Out-Of-68-Trillion-Climate-Action-100-Group.html

The group has $68 trillion.  JP Morgan can screw off and the group will continue just fine.  JP Morgan, however, may lose investors who value the environment.  Just in case you don't understand (very likely), JP Morgan is not taking the 68 trillion with them.

Chinese economic growth depends on coal, and China is increasing its coal production to record highs.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Wind-and-Solar-Growth-in-China-Not-Enough-to-Offset-Coal-Expansion.html

"China's economic growth leads to increased coal usage despite significant wind and solar capacity additions.

Economic stimulus measures, including direct loans and tax cuts, are expected to boost business activity and energy consumption.

The situation in China and Europe challenges the notion of wind and solar entirely replacing traditional fuels, highlighting the complex relationship between economic growth and energy demand."

Michael E. Mann, he's da Man!  He coming after Ecocharger and Eyes Wide Open next!  Yes he can!!!!!!  Gooooo  Michael!    Goooo Michael!  

16 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Reality is breaking through the propaganda about climate panic.

2 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Reality is breaking through the propaganda about climate panic.

It has ended. The rage is being manifested In many quarters...yet it done.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

It has ended. The rage is being manifested In many quarters...yet it done.

Oh really?  It has ended you say.  Wake up tomorrow and look around and see your error, reality will go on despite your fantasies.  The upside you get a free crow breakfast.

You should stick to "someday soon the drama will unfold" garbage.  Claims about the current situation are easily testable and you will be found wrong nearly immediately.   Tomorrow the energy transition will still be happening; no need to wait around for the drama required - you're wrong.

Edited by TailingsPond
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TailingsPond said:

Oh really?  It has ended you say.  Wake up tomorrow and look around and see your error, reality will go on despite your fantasies.  The upside you get a free crow breakfast.

You should stick to "someday soon the drama will unfold" garbage.  Claims about the current situation are easily testable and you will be found wrong nearly immediately.   Tomorrow the energy transition will still be happening; no need to wait around for the drama required - you're wrong.

I did not say your manic diatribes would end now did I. Perhaps you should follow BYD'S attempt to build in Mexico...that is going to be quite interesting.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

Here is how the garbage of the renewables nonsense is making a wasteland of our planet and causing more physical pollution in addition to the intellectual pollution.

https://oilprice.com/Alternative-Energy/Solar-Energy/Solar-Panel-Waste-is-Becoming-a-Big-Problem.html

"In addition to components that are potentially dangerous for human consumption, like lead and cadmium, solar panels utilize a variety of other materials, such as glass, aluminum, and silicon. Some of these materials can pose threats to the environment if improperly handled and thrown into landfills."

"Despite these laws and regulations, data indicates that less than 10% of the United States’ decommissioned panels are recycled. Likewise, the recycling rate of solar panels in the European Union is about 10%, despite EU law mandating that solar panel producers recover a minimum of 80% of each panels’ mass. To make matters worse, solar panel recycling efforts remain in the early stages and may not advance fast enough to cancel out the damage done.

Due to the presence of substances that are potentially harmful for human consumption, such as lead and cadmium, proper disposal remains vital. Many renewable energy news outlets warn that some owners may discard solar panels as solid trash when they are no longer functional. According to estimates from the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), the world could contain 78 million metric tons of garbage from solar panels alone by 2050."

What we have here is garbage from garbage.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

I did not say your manic diatribes would end now did I. Perhaps you should follow BYD'S attempt to build in Mexico...that is going to be quite interesting.

Why would they still be "attempting" to build a new EV factory in Mexico if they thought climate change concerns have "ended?" 

Tomorrow you will wake up and the revolution will still be continuing.  Enjoy!

We are now witnessing one of the great un-windings in economic history as the EV sector implodes under the weight of implacable realities.

Firstly, no one wants to buy an EV, the market was a niche market but now even that is under attack and buyers are deserting the sector like a sinking ship.

This is the Titanic of modern investment, the supportive government policies to prop up the EV sector are now being withdrawn in light of government budgetary restrictions. Without massive government support, EVs stand no chance of survival in a competitive market place.

We see now that EVs are currently dropping like a stone in sales, while fossil fuel cars are rapidly gaining in sales. 

Reality trumps (forgive the pun) fantasy, as it always does in the economic world.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Carmakers-EV-Enthusiasm-Fizzles-Out.html

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

25 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

We are now witnessing one of the great un-windings in economic history as the EV sector implodes under the weight of implacable realities.

Firstly, no one wants to buy an EV, the market was a niche market but now even that is under attack and buyers are deserting the sector like a sinking ship.

This is the Titanic of modern investment, the supportive government policies to prop up the EV sector are now being withdrawn in light of government budgetary restrictions. Without massive government support, EVs stand no chance of survival in a competitive market place.

We see now that EVs are currently dropping like a stone in sales, while fossil fuel cars are rapidly gaining in sales. 

Reality trumps (forgive the pun) fantasy, as it always does in the economic world.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Carmakers-EV-Enthusiasm-Fizzles-Out.html

Why do you guys continue to carry on about something you claim is over?  Are you trying to convince us or yourself?  Do you just want a upvote from the one or two other remaining losers here as some sort of validation?  You and EWS could just start a direct message thread and do a virtual dutch rudder. 

Personally, I wouldn't waste my keystrokes here if I was certain something was happening.  I would be on the market shorting every green energy stock.  You, of course, are not shorting any green energy or EV stocks because you have no faith in your statements.

If you and eyes shut are so certain the green revolution is over go put all your money where your mouth is.  Sadly, you guys probably have little to no money speak with.  After all we know how your year-end oil price prediction worked out...

P.S. The Titanic that sunk ran off fossil fuels, it's captain stupidly drove full steam ahead into oblivion.  A green energy sailboat would have avoided the iceberg.

Edited by TailingsPond

Outside of the US the EV market is exploding.  24% of all care sold in china are not EV. 

It will take a huge amount of money in the US to build the EV infrastructure needed. 

1 hour ago, bloodman33 said:

Outside of the US the EV market is exploding.  24% of all care sold in china are not EV. 

Well, when you OUTLAW ICE cars... hrmm I wonder why they are "exploding"...

Has nothing to do with economics, but rather government fiat currently.  Would I buy a used EV?  For a city only ~100mile range 2nd car if I got it cheap?  Sure.   In fact I was VERY close to buying 2 Nissan Leafs.  One had been smashed in the rear the other the front and I was thinking of fixing them, but ultimately it did not pencil out economically compared to a used police car which only had 45,000 miles yet I bought for a measly $6k(was wrecked, but they fixed it and sold it with brand new panels and had zero frame damage), that model on average will obtain at least 200,000 miles if not 300,000 miles so... why the Hell would I, or anyone else buy an EV whose battery replacement cost is through the roof with INSANELY high insurance rates?  My insurance is sunder $400/year.   If you get an EV... Good luck getting under $1500/yr unless you carry ONLY liability. 

(edited)

13 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Has nothing to do with economics, but rather government fiat currently.  Would I buy a used EV?  For a city only ~100mile range 2nd car if I got it cheap?  Sure.   In fact I was VERY close to buying 2 Nissan Leafs.  One had been smashed in the rear the other the front and I was thinking of fixing them, but ultimately it did not pencil out economically compared to a used police car which only had 45,000 miles yet I bought for a measly $6k(was wrecked, but they fixed it and sold it with brand new panels and had zero frame damage), that model on average will obtain at least 200,000 miles if not 300,000 miles so... why the Hell would I, or anyone else buy an EV whose battery replacement cost is through the roof with INSANELY high insurance rates?  My insurance is sunder $400/year.   If you get an EV... Good luck getting under $1500/yr unless you carry ONLY liability. 

When telling people about your knowledge of economics try to spell currency correctly (you wrote currently).

Do you understand that purchasing government surplus (the police car) on the cheap is a form of tax funded subsidy?

Edited by TailingsPond

(edited)

2 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

It is a joke to say that EVs are not plummeting in sales, a 46% drop in EV sales in Germany, disastrous drop in EV sales everywhere in Europe. The entire EV sector is imploding before our eyes.

AND sales of fossil fuel vehicles are increasing amazingly, huge increase in fossil fuel vehicle sales.

The people have voted with their wallets.

There is no need for the insane fanatical climate panic foam-at-the-mouth attacking CO2, that is just plain stupid.

It is a suicidal assault on the standard of living of the average American, and it should be punished severely at the ballot box in the upcoming elections. If politicians are too short-sighted as to ignore the new scientific findings of climate change, they have no excuse to remain in office.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

31 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

The people have voted with their wallets.

It is a suicidal assault on the standard of living of the average American, and it should be punished severely at the ballot box in the upcoming elections. If politicians are too short-sighted as to ignore the new scientific findings of climate change, they have no excuse to remain in office.

There is no need to prattle on about something that is over.  If people have already dollar voted why not STFU?

Who are you trying to convince and why?  Democracy works based on the voters opinions, not the politicians.  You seem concerned that the voters might not punish "green" politicians. Hmm why?  Perhaps you know the public opinion doesn't match your delusions?

Furthermore, why would an assault on the average American bother you?  Are you average or below average?  Elite intellectuals generally do not care about the average person, in fact they tend to exploit them (think CEO versus Wage Slave).  I'm sorry if you find yourself on the wrong side of the curve.

Taylor Swift will crush your hopes and dreams. Enjoy the show.

Edited by TailingsPond

(edited)

On 2/17/2024 at 7:51 PM, bloodman33 said:

Norway: 70% of all cars are EV.  20% are hybrids.

That is amazing! 

Buy RIVN, TNK, STNG, DHT, SFL, MTDR VLO.  

Get rich like me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5DbRyeZNRk

Interesting commentary.

Norway: Plug-In Car Sales Collapsed By 80% In January 2023

The entire Norwegian new car market is down by almost 77 percent year-over-year.

https://insideevs.com/news/651052/norway-plugin-car-sales-january2023/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Interesting commentary.

The entire Norwegian new car market is down by almost 77 percent year-over-year.

and sale of ICE vehicles also collapsed......

in January of 2023

did you notice your article is a year old??????

do you have anything relevant to what is happening today????

read your own article

Gasoline car sales in Norway Jan 2023.....a whopping 1.9 percent of the market

and Jan of 2024

Norway saw 4,717 new electric cars in January 2024

Electric cars accounted for 92.1 per cent of all new car registrations in Norway in January. The most popular new car was once again the Tesla Model Y. However, January is generally a weak sales month in the country.

tesla-model-y-2024-01-min-1400x933.jpg

Image: Tesla
By Chris Randall
02.02.2024 - 11:46
  •  
  •  
  •  

Specifically, 4,717 new electric cars were registered in Norway in the first month of the new year. This is according to statistics from the Norwegian Public Roads Administration. This is almost four times as many (+281.3%) as in the same month last year. However, January 2023 was an extremely weak month for the local car market (and even for a January). This can be seen from the fact that the market grew by 175.5 per cent across all drive systems this January. In other words: with 5,122 new registrations, exactly 3,263 more cars were put on the roads in January 2024 than in the same month last year. At that time, the EV ratio was also only 66.5 per cent.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Interesting commentary.

These are facts which even the most witless climate-panic folks cannot ignore.

The EV sector is engaged in a meltdown even as the fossil fuel auto sector is increasing sales. The people have voted with their hard-earned dollars.

And the Biden Administration has pleaded with the oil sector to increase oil production to provide cheap gasoline for the American middle class. That cry for help has been heeded by the oil producers and America is now World No. 1 oil producer, thanks to Biden & Co.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Charting-the-Course-of-US-Oil-Production.html

"Sustained high prices during the previous year, driven by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the reopening of the Chinese economy (which proved to be less catalytic over time), led to price spikes. Furthermore, when OPEC+ announced further cuts in April 2023 totaling 1.65 mbpd, building on the previous cut of 2 mbpd declared in October 2022, oil producers worldwide, including those in the US, were encouraged to increase production.  Most importantly, technological advancements in the US, such as hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling, allowed producers to tap into previously untapped reserves."

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

And the Biden Administration has pleaded with the oil sector to increase oil production to provide cheap gasoline for the American middle class. That cry for help has been heeded by the oil producers and America is now World No. 1 oil producer, thanks to Biden & Co.

Their playbook

Screenshot_20240219-131516.jpg

817GCKQPDSL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.webp

• Upvote 1

(edited)

Here we goooo!

Official leading Biden's EV push steps down in surprise move after heavy GOP opposition

Republicans argued Carlson's appointment violated federal statute

Carlson, though, had garnered strong opposition from Republicans over her past climate activism, support for regulations targeting gas-powered vehicles and how she continued to lead NHTSA in an acting role even after failing Senate confirmation for the post in a permanent capacity.

In January 2021, the Biden-Harris transition team hired Carlson, then an environmental law professor at UCLA, to serve as NHTSA's chief counsel. While the position didn't require Senate confirmation, Carlson oversaw key agency initiatives in that role and began serving as acting administrator in September 2022.

Then in February 2023, Biden nominated Carlson to permanently lead NHTSA. In the months that followed, she faced heavy opposition from Senate Commerce Committee Republicans for her past work in the private sector advising plaintiffs on climate litigation and comments she made via email about her role with the Biden administration.

Her nomination was then suddenly withdrawn in May, but she remained acting administrator, sparking fury from Republicans and energy advocates. And after her nomination was withdrawn, Carlson crafted new fuel economy regulations designed to incentivize greater EV purchases.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/official-leading-bidens-ev-push-steps-down-surprise-move-heavy-gop-opposition

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Ya Don't Say....

Shocking development: Biden plans to roll back rule designed to juice EV push on country

• Misty Severi, Washington Examiner
  •  
    • Feb 17, 2024

The Environmental Protection Agency originally announced a new rule last year that would require nearly 70% of new car and truck sales to have no tailpipe emissions by 2032. But critics claim the sudden shift would have devastated the U.S. auto industry.

https://gazette.com/news/wex/shocking-development-biden-plans-to-roll-back-rule-designed-to-juice-ev-push-on-country/article_21f954a6-1418-5434-becd-5ad62ab12f54.html

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1