JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

So do ICE sales, and the internal combustion sales grow in much larger numbers than EVs, and none of those EVs is currently being driven by Jay, right? If the world's most fanatical supporter of EVs does not buy one, what hope is there for EVs?

No, ICE sales are not growing, they are falling off a cliff. In Germany they are down by almost 50% since last year. I'm sorry basic economics are so difficult for you.

November-2020-Germany-Passenger-Auto-Registrations-Tidy-2-.png

58 minutes ago, turbguy said:

Don't bother Jay. 

The braindead still believe in buggy whips.  

Change is always destructive.

And unaccepted by those with a vested interest.

It's funny watching them flail in the face of reality.

4 hours ago, turbguy said:

Don't bother Jay. 

The braindead still believe in buggy whips.  

Change is always destructive.

And unaccepted by those with a vested interest.

I agree that change is needed....

• Upvote 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

No, ICE sales are not growing, they are falling off a cliff. In Germany they are down by almost 50% since last year. I'm sorry basic economics are so difficult for you.

Jay, the ICE numbers continue to increase at a pace much higher than the EVs, that is just simple math from your own chart above.

But not one of those EVs are being bought and used by the foremost EV fanatic on the planet, Jay...by which I mean you yourself.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

It's funny watching them flail in the face of reality.

Yeah, I watch them defy reality every day....the scientifically challenged refuse to go away.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

52 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Jay, the ICE numbers continue to increase at a pace much higher than the EVs, that is just simple math from your own chart above.

But not one of those EVs are being bought and used by the foremost EV fanatic on the planet, Jay...by which I mean you yourself.

The total vehicle stock of ice cars is decreasing every day as EV sales increase. Every new EV means one less ICE car.

But you didn't figure out that I was proving you with last year's chart for comparison did you? I keep forgetting about your lack of reading comprehension skills.  So here are both charts in one post. Note the 50% decrease in legacy ICE sales from 188K to 97K, legacy ICE is less than half the market now :

November-2021-Germany-Passenger-Auto-Registrations-SQ.png

Edited by Jay McKinsey

50 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

I agree that change is needed....

Great!

Change is also guaranteed.

It was slow at first.

It is accelerating.

On 12/3/2021 at 11:51 PM, Ecocharger said:

With all that "insane demand" for EVs, Jay, why are you still sitting on the sidelines? Why are you clinging to your ICE vehicle and foresaking the new EVs?  I can tell you why, because EVs do not make any sense today.

Hybrids of some sort make sense if they are affordable without government subsidies including charging locations. Pure EVs , in America, are still too expensive for the average person. Inexpensive models are available in Asia. They are very popular for inexpensive scooters too. A company is now marketing three wheeled tuck tucks in America for deliveries.  

The actual problem will be when electricity becomes too expensive and mileage taxes are added to EVs. 

22 hours ago, notsonice said:

US weather on a whole is expected to be 10 to 30 degrees warmer for the next 15 days across the US. Pretty simple Nat gas demand in the US is cratered so far this heating season. Warming compared to 50 years ago is occurring on a yearly basis. Only the braindead do not think that humans are responsible

wsi_dec_1129_0.jpg?crop=16:9&width=480&format=pjpg&auto=webp&quality=60

I am enjoying my balmy weather which is ending all too soon. Northern latitudes are always available for those Americans who want cooler weather. Canadians live near the American border for a reason. It is too damn cold further north. America's population has moved south since the invention of air conditioners. 

(edited)

9 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

The total vehicle stock of ice cars is decreasing every day as EV sales increase. Every new EV means one less ICE car.

But you didn't figure out that I was proving you with last year's chart for comparison did you? I keep forgetting about your lack of reading comprehension skills.  So here are both charts in one post. Note the 50% decrease in legacy ICE sales from 188K to 97K, legacy ICE is less than half the market now :

November-2021-Germany-Passenger-Auto-Registrations-SQ.png

Tesla erases $199 billion in worst two-day rout in 14 months

The stock is extremely overvalued from a long-term perspective, and investors are struggling with the valuation,” said Matt Portillo, an analyst at Tudor Pickering. He noted that Musk’s stock-sale poll provided investors “an excuse to pull back a bit.”

https://www.latimes.com/business/autos/story/2021-11-09/tesla-erases-199-billion-in-worst-two-day-rout-in-14-months

Tesla forced to turn down €1.1 billion in EU support for German battery plant

Tesla has been forced to turn down more than 1.1 billion euros in European subsidies for its planned battery plant near Berlin after delays to the flagship project breached a key condition of the funding.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/11/tesla-forced-to-turn-down-e1-1-billion-in-eu-support-for-german-battery-plant/?amp=1

GM's $2 billion Chevy Bolt fire recall casts shadow over electric vehicle market

General Motors has expanded the recall of its Chevrolet Bolt electric car because of concerns about potential battery fires, adding 73,000 more vehicles, for a total of about 142,000 cars — every single one that Chevy has sold so far.

The combined cost of the recall will reach nearly $2 billion as the auto industry plans to roll out dozens of new electric models over the next 24 months to meet President Joe Biden’s goal that electric vehicles reach 50 percent of total U.S. sales by 2030.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/gm-s-2-billion-chevy-bolt-fire-recall-casts-shadow-n1277460

Why GM CEO Mary Barra killed Chevrolet cars, approved likely plant closures

Mary Barra has methodically reshaped General Motors.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/11/27/mary-barra-gm-general-motors/2116833002/

EV Incentive Hike Faces Tortuous Path Through Congress

A $32 billion plan to hike the federal tax credit for EV purchase to as much as $12,500 seems likely to squeak through the House this month but faces an uncertain future in the Senate.

The EV plan is part of the $1.75 trillion social and climate spending package that has no Republican support and needs the votes of all 50 Senate Democrats to pass. So far, it doesn’t have them.

https://www.forbes.com/wheels/news/ev-incentive-hike-faces-tortuous-path-through-congress/

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Seven Chevy Bolts have caught fire, about 0.006 percent of those on the road.

Per the National Fire Protection Association, 212,000 gas and diesel vehicles caught fire in 2018, or about 0.07 percent of those on U.S. roads.

That said, car makers don’t need fires to become one more reason motorists resist going electric.

Edited by turbguy
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, turbguy said:

Seven Chevy Bolts have caught fire, about 0.006 percent of those on the road.

Per the National Fire Protection Association, 212,000 gas and diesel vehicles caught fire in 2018, or about 0.07 percent of those on U.S. roads.

That said, car makers don’t need fires to become one more reason motorists resist going electric.

Tesla ranks almost dead-last on Consumer Reports reliability list

https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/Tesla-ranks-almost-dead-last-Consumer-Reports-16632996.php

GM won’t make new Bolt EVs until at least late January 2022

The production shutdown gets extended again

But it’s very possible the shutdown will continue beyond then given how the recall has gone to date. Either way, it leaves GM in a weird spot where it’s being praised by President Biden for “leading the world in electric vehicles” while not currently selling any in the US. (The Bolt is the only EV the company currently has to offer stateside, at least until new vehicles like the GMC Hummer EV, Cadillac Lyriq, and others start to ship in the next few months.)

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/2/22814089/gm-chevy-bolt-recall-shutdown-sales-2022

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

2 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Tesla ranks almost dead-last on Consumer Reports reliability list

https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/Tesla-ranks-almost-dead-last-Consumer-Reports-16632996.php

GM won’t make new Bolt EVs until at least late January 2022

The production shutdown gets extended again

But it’s very possible the shutdown will continue beyond then given how the recall has gone to date. Either way, it leaves GM in a weird spot where it’s being praised by President Biden for “leading the world in electric vehicles” while not currently selling any in the US. (The Bolt is the only EV the company currently has to offer stateside, at least until new vehicles like the GMC Hummer EV, Cadillac Lyriq, and others start to ship in the next few months.)

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/2/22814089/gm-chevy-bolt-recall-shutdown-sales-2022

Tesla models dominate list of top 10 most satisfying cars

The Tesla Models 3, S, Y, and X have all been ranked in the top 10 most satisfying cars on the market according to a survey conducted by American non-profit Consumer Reports. 

https://thedriven.io/2021/11/15/tesla-dominate-top-10-most-satisfying-cars-in-consumer-reports/

(edited)

7 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Tesla erases $199 billion in worst two-day rout in 14 months

The stock is extremely overvalued from a long-term perspective, and investors are struggling with the valuation,” said Matt Portillo, an analyst at Tudor Pickering. He noted that Musk’s stock-sale poll provided investors “an excuse to pull back a bit.”

https://www.latimes.com/business/autos/story/2021-11-09/tesla-erases-199-billion-in-worst-two-day-rout-in-14-months

Tesla forced to turn down €1.1 billion in EU support for German battery plant

Tesla has been forced to turn down more than 1.1 billion euros in European subsidies for its planned battery plant near Berlin after delays to the flagship project breached a key condition of the funding.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/11/tesla-forced-to-turn-down-e1-1-billion-in-eu-support-for-german-battery-plant/?amp=1

GM's $2 billion Chevy Bolt fire recall casts shadow over electric vehicle market

General Motors has expanded the recall of its Chevrolet Bolt electric car because of concerns about potential battery fires, adding 73,000 more vehicles, for a total of about 142,000 cars — every single one that Chevy has sold so far.

The combined cost of the recall will reach nearly $2 billion as the auto industry plans to roll out dozens of new electric models over the next 24 months to meet President Joe Biden’s goal that electric vehicles reach 50 percent of total U.S. sales by 2030.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/gm-s-2-billion-chevy-bolt-fire-recall-casts-shadow-n1277460

Why GM CEO Mary Barra killed Chevrolet cars, approved likely plant closures

Mary Barra has methodically reshaped General Motors.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/11/27/mary-barra-gm-general-motors/2116833002/

EV Incentive Hike Faces Tortuous Path Through Congress

A $32 billion plan to hike the federal tax credit for EV purchase to as much as $12,500 seems likely to squeak through the House this month but faces an uncertain future in the Senate.

The EV plan is part of the $1.75 trillion social and climate spending package that has no Republican support and needs the votes of all 50 Senate Democrats to pass. So far, it doesn’t have them.

https://www.forbes.com/wheels/news/ev-incentive-hike-faces-tortuous-path-through-congress/

1. Tesla is still a trillion dollar company and their stock price will be setting new highs again after year end results are released.

2. So Tesla turned down a subsidy because it no longer fit with their business plan to start battery production in Texas first. Careful, you might have upset your narrative about calling them "Mooch Motors".

3. GM and the Bolt are a small part of the EV market. What they do with EVs doesn't matter to the market but it if they don't get their EV business going they will go bankrupt again.

4. The EV tax credit will likely pass but without the stupid $4500 bonus for unions. Regardless, it will make little difference. EVs are production constrained not demand constrained. 

Edited by Jay McKinsey

The Green New Deal is part of Agenda 2030 globalism and the COVID hysteria. It is attempting to become a secular forced religion. Watch this video about COVID concentration camps in Australia. https://thefederalist.com/2021/12/03/covid-free-woman-recounts-time-in-australian-quarantine-camp-you-feel-like-youre-in-prison-like-youve-done-something-wrong/

18 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

I hope that Jay eventually gives us some more information about the hybrid variants and how much gasoline they use in their mileage versus actual electric. I am sure it is complicated and hard to keep up with. Plug in hybrids do seem like a logical solution for many car buyers. It still depends on the cost benefit ratio though. Price is important for most people. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Ford is on track to sell more electric cars in US than GM this year as the two giants scramble to catch up with Tesla

https://www.businessinsider.com/ford-gm-electric-car-sales-competition-morgan-stanley-tesla-2021-11

Jay, please give us some more information about the hybrid variants and how much gasoline they use in their mileage versus actual electric. I am sure it is complicated and hard to keep up with. Plug in hybrids do seem like a logical solution for many car buyers. It still depends on the cost benefit ratio though. Price is important for most people. I might just live long enough to need one. 

6 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Jay, please give us some more information about the hybrid variants and how much gasoline they use in their mileage versus actual electric. I am sure it is complicated and hard to keep up with. Plug in hybrids do seem like a logical solution for many car buyers. It still depends on the cost benefit ratio though. Price is important for most people. I might just live long enough to need one. 

I don't pay attention to pure hybrid. Plug-in hybrid depend on how you drive them. If you plug in every night and drive only 20 or 30 miles a day then you use no gasoline at all. However PHEV are not very popular compared to BEV. BEV outsell them significantly in all markets.

52 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I don't pay attention to pure hybrid. Plug-in hybrid depend on how you drive them. If you plug in every night and drive only 20 or 30 miles a day then you use no gasoline at all. However PHEV are not very popular compared to BEV. BEV outsell them significantly in all markets.

I guess I don't understand your round graph then. I will have to study it more thoroughly. It looked to me like the opposite was true. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I guess I don't understand your round graph athen. I will have to study it more thoroughly. It looked to me like the opposite was true. 

In Germany PHEV sales dropped by 10% YoY. All the growth is in BEV which grew by over a third.

Here is California, BEV outsell PHEV by 2.5x.

image.png.96a25cbbbe5764efebf1412cd79ce824.png

• Like 1

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

In Germany PHEV sales dropped by 10% YoY. All the growth is in BEV which grew by over a third.

So, hybrids are still in the majority for sales. Germany, and all of Western Europe is far more dense in population and their travel distances are shorter than most of our commuters have. Many more Europeans live in apartments though, so that might be a big problem. Then again many more use public transit and bicycles etc. 

Edited by ronwagn
reference

10 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Californians do not live in a dense area, compared to other areas, except for San Francisco and a few other areas. They do spend a lot of TIME on the freeways stuck in traffic jams though. I guess that is an advantage for EV's unless they are running their air conditioners too much. I used to drive up to forty miles each way to work. That is nothing even in traffic. I had little traffic back then. My brother had a horrid time with his schedule, ten years later, though. 

9 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

So, hybrids are still in the majority for sales. Germany, and all of Western Europe is far more dense in population and their travel distances are shorter than most of our commuters have. Many more Europeans live in apartments though, so that might be a big problem. Then again many more use public transit and bicycles etc. 

That is the chart from last year. How about looking at the 2021 chart?

• Like 1