JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

10 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

Nylon is derived from coal. You going to hang some nylon stockings over the fireplace?

He might unless he's intending on wearing them🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Not all cars fit people of all sizes regardless of EV or ICE, duh. Replacing the brake pedal doesn't even require tools.,

Oh and something else that is way beyond your knowledge level - EVs have a thing called regenerative braking, you can drive them all day long for days on end and never once touch the brake pedal.

Yes I have this on my hybrid. I can guarantee you that every single journey I always use the brake pedal otherwise I crash.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rob Plant said:

Yes I have this on my hybrid. I can guarantee you that every single journey I always use the brake pedal otherwise I crash.

You have a hybrid, not a pure EV with single pedal operation. You don't know the difference?

2 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

You have a hybrid, not a pure EV with single pedal operation. You don't know the difference?

Maybe not as I've never owned a full EV, just like you Jay.

My hybrid does recharge the battery when I brake though!

(edited)

6 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Maybe not as I've never owned a full EV, just like you Jay.

My hybrid does recharge the battery when I brake though!

Or maybe you are a crappy driver. It is hilarious how you guys think this all has something to do with me. I'm a researcher and analyst and all the information is out there. PHEV suck at one pedal drving.

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Or maybe you are a crappy driver. It is hilarious how you guys think this all has something to do with me. I'm a researcher and analyst and all the information is out there.

No we dont think its all about you Jay, but a little perspective from time to time might go a long way. I have stated I fully believe the EV is the future and ICE vehicles will be limited over the next 10 years, mainly due to government restrictions on owning an ICE vehicle.

So are you suggesting you dont need a brake in an EV as its regenerative?

Wow you really are nuts!

Why dont you go and buy your Tesla and then never use the brake and just rely on the anti-crash tech if you wish. It would be a very bumpy ride thats for sure

I wouldnt want to get in a car if you were driving

• Haha 2

(edited)

40 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

No we dont think its all about you Jay, but a little perspective from time to time might go a long way. I have stated I fully believe the EV is the future and ICE vehicles will be limited over the next 10 years, mainly due to government restrictions on owning an ICE vehicle.

Wow you really are nuts!

Why dont you go and buy your Tesla and then never use the brake and just rely on the anti-crash tech if you wish. It would be a very bumpy ride thats for sure

My perspective of economic functions of EV and renewable technology adoption are way beyond anyone else on this forum. It has been the focus of my work for decades and it is right on schedule.

You need a brake for emergency situations. Otherwise, if you are paying attention and driving reasonably then you should not need to use your brakes in a car with high level regen. Particularly if you have Autopilot turned on. Otherwise it seems either your driving or your BMW is below standard. 

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Otherwise it seems either your driving or your BMW is below standard. 

Both are fine thanks Jay! No incidents to report lol.

Look we agree that EV's are coming and mainstream ICE vehicles have had their day as new battery tech will improve cost, range and time taken to recharge. However the reasons for this change from ICE I disagree with but there is nothing we can do to reverse the trend now whether you want to or not.

• Rolling Eye 1

8 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

The issue of size was presented by Ron and had nothing to do with the case at hand but of course that would require reading comprehension for you to understand.

The issue of size was presented by you with that revealing photo you cited, which makes this case very interesting indeed.

• Upvote 1

It is all the time. If you take a bottle full of drugs that kill you but it has appropriate warnings printed on the bottle then it is all on you. Are you really that dumb?

If you get your prescription and it is wrong for your needs, yes, that creates a problem.

Yes, the far right point. You however are at the bottom of the middle.

That is not exactly where I saw you on the chart, Jay.

• Haha 1

(edited)

The ESG movement is now being employed in fundamental ways by Biden & Co. to restrict future oil supplies, which means that oil prices will experience upward movement and the standard of living for the political base of Biden supporters will be drastically cut going forward.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Is-The-White-House-Really-Ready-To-Support-US-Oil.html

"...in May this year, a group of 15 state treasurers—not all from oil states, either—wrote to Kerry expressing their concern with his pressure campaign against oil and gas. According to the letter, the pressure campaign was private, and it involved other members of the Biden Administration, too.

"As members of the Senate Banking Committee have noted," the letter said, "these efforts to secure extralegal commitments from financial institutions will discriminate against law-abiding U.S. energy companies and their employees, impede economic growth, and drive up consumer costs."

That wasn't the first letter on this topic, either. A month earlier, a group of Republican Senators led by Louisiana's John Kennedy, who is a member of the Senate Banking Committee, wrote to Kerry expressing the same sentiment as the state treasurers a month later.

"As marginal funding costs rise, energy companies will have two choices: raise the cost of their products or cut expenses, including by laying off employees," the legislators wrote. "Eventually, they may be forced to do both. Unsurprisingly, these effects are likely to be borne by working class Americans. . . . Perhaps most disconcertingly, this self-harm will diminish America's strategic advantage in fossil energy over adversaries but not meaningfully reduce global carbon emissions given that 90 percent of total emissions come from outside of U.S. borders, as you have recognized yourself."

They also referred to a scandal from the Obama era, likening Kerry's "crusade", as Puzder put it, to that scandal: "Beyond the poor track record associated with central economic planning, this apparent attempt to prevent energy companies from obtaining capital disturbingly resembles the Obama administration's notorious 'Operation Choke Point' scandal, in which financial regulators attempted to coerce banks into denying services to legal yet politically-disfavored businesses."

Now, the oil industry is already subject to growing pressure from investor groups that are specifically targeting banks in a bid to do what Kerry is doing—limiting the industry's access to funding. Just last week, Reuters reported that an investor group was calling on banks to scale back their financing of new oil and gas projects and making accusations that their emission commitments are not good enough.

There's regulatory pressure, too. Earlier this month, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency proposed new guidance that would force banks to add climate risk assessment to all of their operations. This is the sort of indirect pressure that would also see less financing available for oil and gas companies.

Banks are yielding, too. It is difficult not to yield when you are being pressured from all sides, especially in the reputation department, which seems to have become about as important as bottom lines in the era of social networks. Citi recently said it would begin screening clients for climate commitments, and it may have to drop some. Others, such as Britain's NatWest, are already dropping "dirty" clients."

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

The ESG movement used by Biden & Co. to attempt to shut down 85% of the energy industry has provoked a counter-campaign to help inject some reality into the discussion.

https://wvtreasury.com/About-The-Office/Press-Releases/ID/394/WV-Treasurer-Moore-Leads-15-State-Coalition-to-Push-Back-Against-Bank-Boycotts-of-Traditional-Energy-Industries

"West Virginia State Treasurer Riley Moore today announced he has formed a 15-state coalition of state financial officers who have committed to scrutinize or potentially curtail future business with banks that adopt corporate policies to cut off financing for the coal, oil and natural gas industries.

Collectively, the coalition represents more than $600 billion in public assets under management and will begin considering whether financial institutions are engaged in boycotts of America’s traditional energy industries when awarding state banking contracts.

“I’m proud to continue to stand with my colleagues against these attacks on our states’ coal, oil and natural gas industries,” Treasurer Moore said. “These industries – which are engaged in perfectly legal activities – provide jobs, paychecks and benefits to thousands of hard-working families in our states and we will not stand idly by and allow our peoples’ livelihoods to be destroyed to advance a radical social agenda.”

The coalition of 16 State Treasurers, Auditors and Comptrollers has sent an open letter to banking industry officials notifying them that each state will take concrete steps toward selecting financial institutions that are not engaged in harmful fossil fuel industry boycotts for the states’ future financial services contracts.

“As the chief financial officers of our states, we have a fiduciary duty to act in the best interest of our people – so if a company says it will engage in tactics to diminish our state’s funds and destroy our people’s livelihoods, we cannot entrust those same institutions with taxpayer dollars,” Treasurer Moore said. “We cannot allow companies that have a stated goal of harming key industries or the economies of our states to then turn around and try to profit from our states’ finances.”

The letter makes clear that officials aren’t asking for special treatment for these industries, just that they be treated like any other legal business operating in the free market, without prejudice or preference.

“Woke capitalists and globalist actors have been using the guise of climate change to press for anti-American reforms that reduce our country’s competitiveness against hostile nations like Russia and China,” Treasurer Moore said. “As a result, in less than a year our country has gone from energy independence to having a President who is begging OPEC and Russia to pump more oil. It’s time we fight back to protect our economies, jobs, tax revenue and energy independence from these increasing attacks on our critical industries.”

Treasurer Moore earlier this year led a coalition of 15 state Treasurers to oppose the Biden administration’s attempts to eliminate investment in the fossil fuel industry.

Since that time, the Biden administration has issued guidance to international multilateral development banks that seeks to cut off investment in fossil fuel projects around the world. The President has also nominated a candidate for Comptroller for the Currency – who would be in charge of chartering and regulating U.S. banks – who has openly said she would like to bankrupt coal, oil and natural gas companies.

“This administration has made clear they will not stop their attacks on the American energy industry, so it’s time that we, as a collective of states, stand up for our people’s interests,” Treasurer Moore said. “We will continue to take the lead in defending our citizens and these industries from these misguided, un-American attacks.”"

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1

US oil has been adding a steady stream of drilling rigs and completion crews. The rise in production has pretty well matched the growing consumption since the Covid bottom. Echo, one of our many Russian conspiracy whacko’s points out problems that don’t exist and enemies that don’t seem to be very effective. If you want decent FF prices you got to hire a Democrat. That’s just the history of FF. Rednecks talk shyt but historically kill pricing at the pump and in the barrel. 
The kill energy conspiracy comes in the middle of a robust and steady growth in the electric economy. Of course nat gas is growing as well. Plenty of energy and opportunity. One key idea is to keep an eye on the distortion, manipulation of greed   and danger. An example would be the Texas storm. A Trump like figure head won’t do. Hire from the industry, not the political class.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

One guy named Musk got the ball rolling and eventually will kill most transpiration oil demand. Biden isn’t smart enough to deserve any credit. It takes a Russian to think Biden is a danger. But regardless you can kiss that oil money goodbye. Moscow air will breath easier and they will live longer if they give up on Ukraine. Long live the people. Lol

Edited by Boat
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Both are fine thanks Jay! No incidents to report lol.

Look we agree that EV's are coming and mainstream ICE vehicles have had their day as new battery tech will improve cost, range and time taken to recharge. However the reasons for this change from ICE I disagree with but there is nothing we can do to reverse the trend now whether you want to or not.

ICE will be along in large vehicles for the rest of our lives. Nothing in America can beat the cost/benefit of my $15,000 Mitsubishi Mirage except for a very small electric vehicle sold only in Texas called the Kandi, that depends on a rebate to be competitive with a very limited battery range. 

My car has up to a 400 mile range on about ten gallons of gas. 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

19 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Wow you really are nuts!

Unless you have actually experienced the initially "eye-opening" effectiveness of a Tesla's regenerative braking, you should reflect commenting on it.

But, perhaps you have driven one.

I have. Have you?

Edited by turbguy

19 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Yes, the far right point. You however are at the bottom of the middle.

"I know nothing" is actually an enlightened position (Socrates).

• Like 1

(edited)

Another crucial EV input is in short supply, and facing rapid price increases.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/A-Graphite-Shortage-Could-Derail-The-EV-Boom.html

"Each EV battery contains 20-30%  graphite, which means that graphite demand will soar in tandem with EV demand. 

And at the same time, both China and the US are now struggling with a graphite squeeze. 

While EV giants have been busy scrambling for lithium sources around the world, new concerns have arisen about a lack of graphite supply.  

Some 90% of graphite anodes used in batteries come from China. "

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, turbguy said:

Unless you have actually experienced the initially "eye-opening" effectiveness of a Tesla's regenerative braking, you should reflect commenting on it.

But, perhaps you have driven one.

I have. Have you?

Eye Opening....Hardly merely a mechanical mechanism. Easy on the hyperbole.

Now a Rochester Quadra Jet would be a example of engineering excellence Regenerative breaking? One would assume it's 30/40' tech made financially possible thru microprocessors.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open