JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

2 hours ago, notsonice said:

Ecochump ....did you get the news.........are you partying????????

oh wait the actual prices declined

Oil Prices

WTI CRUDE  70.41  -0.78 -1.10%
BRENT CRUDE 10 mins 73.14  -0.56 -0.76%

did you catch the highlights from the article 

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Oil-Prices-Rise-on-Jumbo-Fed-Rate-Cut.html

Oil prices began responding to the rate cut immediately, with downward trending prices flattening out just minutes after the rate cut announcement. 

Huh???????? downward trending prices flattening out?????? Ecochump I will let you reconcile this with your oil demand is getting hot and hotter...

oh the other highlight.... Making America Great Again

Inflation in the U.S. is now essentially tamed, and this first Fed rate cut since COVID is likely to slash the costs of borrowing from now until the presidential elections, in a boost for the Democrats. 

Rise on Jumbo Fed Rate Cut | OilPrice.com

54 minutes ago  At 2:11 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Brent crude was trading up 0.11% at $73.78, while WTI was trading down 0.10% at $71.12. The DOW also jumped 30 ...

I've got news for you, buddy...EVs are being offered at giveaway prices, showing the dumpster routine which is currently underway in the EV sector.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelany/2024/09/10/study-shows-major-price-cuts-on-used-electric-vehicles/

"One bright side to the genre’s reversal of fortunes is that new EV transaction prices have been falling to help counter the weakening demand, with automakers offering cash rebates as rich as $7,500-$10,000 this month to help their dealers winnow their inventories."

Edited by Ecocharger

45 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

I've got news for you, buddy...EVs are being offered at giveaway prices, showing the dumpster routine which is currently underway in the EV sector.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelany/2024/09/10/study-shows-major-price-cuts-on-used-electric-vehicles/

"One bright side to the genre’s reversal of fortunes is that new EV transaction prices have been falling to help counter the weakening demand, with automakers offering cash rebates as rich as $7,500-$10,000 this month to help their dealers winnow their inventories."

affordable EVs ........great

guess what happens when the prices decrease...........

yep you got it sales go up

Your economics degree finally gets some use.........

and why are prices going down???? because your pal Elon was having a hard time selling his overpriced EVs

and to top it off interest rates are going down...oh my do you think with lower prices and lower interest rates sales will go up or down?????????

Did you catch the price dropping for your clunkers?????   looks like they were in the same boat

Enjoy the competition ............

and now back to your love for Oil

Your fellow countrymen in China are decreasing their oil consumption......Pesky EVs

53 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

At least you guys can now shut up about EVs being prohibitively expensive to the average Joe.

On 9/15/2024 at 11:28 PM, Ron Wagner said:

What do you think is the correlation between a booming economy and a 30 trillion dollar debt that may never be paid off? How about an American auto industry that is dying? Real wages dropping?

I thought government debt would destroy the US economy back when GW cut taxes and went into two wars. Apparently I was very wrong. lol I look across Houston roads and do not see the auto industry dying. I see many cars. I also see smog. Real wages are affected by inflation maybe caused by the Russians and Saudi cutting oil production? 

16 hours ago, notsonice said:

affordable EVs ........great

guess what happens when the prices decrease...........

yep you got it sales go up

Your economics degree finally gets some use.........

and why are prices going down???? because your pal Elon was having a hard time selling his overpriced EVs

and to top it off interest rates are going down...oh my do you think with lower prices and lower interest rates sales will go up or down?????????

Did you catch the price dropping for your clunkers?????   looks like they were in the same boat

Enjoy the competition ............

and now back to your love for Oil

Your fellow countrymen in China are decreasing their oil consumption......Pesky EVs

Your fellow Luddites are decreasing their purchases of EVs...you may borrow my handkerchief, as the price of oil continues to climb.

(edited)

16 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

At least you guys can now shut up about EVs being prohibitively expensive to the average Joe.

That merely shows the decline in EV sales...sorry, man.

Fossil fuels still provide about 99%+ of the transportation sector, and this will continue to be the case going forward.

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Your fellow Luddites are decreasing their purchases of EVs...you may borrow my handkerchief, as the price of oil continues to climb.

Rising fuel prices would make EVs more desirable.

As for rising oil prices you may want to double check your data.  This little short-term bump is nothing compared to Y-O-Y losses. 

One year ago ETI was $89.6 now: $71.7 is lower.  Tell me more about the rising oil prices.

(edited)

12 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

That merely shows the decline in EV sales...sorry, man.

Fossil fuels still provide about 99%+ of the transportation sector, and this will continue to be the case going forward.

Sales numbers increase with lowered prices.  The reduction is called a sale and it is very common in many industries.  If you looked you could find fossil vehicles on sale from dealerships.

Try not to make up stats. 

At least you agree that EVs are not prohibitively expensive to the average Joe now.

Edited by TailingsPond

17 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

EVs are being offered at giveaway prices, showing the dumpster routine which is currently underway in the EV sector.

Sounds good to me!

4 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

my fellow Luddites????

look in a mirror................so when do you think you will part with your Pacer........the looked cool in 1973

yet they still are not considered a collector car to die for........

3 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Rising fuel prices would make EVs more desirable.

As for rising oil prices you may want to double check your data.  This little short-term bump is nothing compared to Y-O-Y losses. 

One year ago ETI was $89.6 now: $71.7 is lower.  Tell me more about the rising oil prices.

dang the price of oil is down down down and the stock markets are up up up

One of the forum Luddites claims prosperity is only tied to oil use..........

Yet prosperity in the US is up up up and oil demand......in the dumpster

image.png