JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

The Green revolution is running on fumes now, the cost of electricity is soaring and putting the brakes on EV adoption.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Electric-Vehicle-Charging-Prices-Are-Expected-To-Soar-In-Germany.html

"Germany's "messy transition to renewable energies" is resulting in an unpleasant surprise for EV owners at charging stations, energy-focused German blog NoTricksZone writes this week

In Munich, the Stadtwerke München municipal utility has announced it is going to raise the price of electricity by 81%, the blog reported, citing multiple German news outlets. 

“At the AC charging stations, the electricity price will rise from 38 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh) to 49 cents per kWh, while at DC fast charging stations the amount will jump from the current 38 cents per kWh to a whopping 69 cents per kWh,” the Munich online daily Merkur reports.

“The current rates will remain in effect until the end of March, after which the charging cards of the municipal provider will lose their validity. The last increase by Münchner Stadtwerke took place three years earlier, in April 2019,” the article continues. 

A customer commented, calling the price increase "no longer an adjustment", but instead just "brutal". "

Edited by Ecocharger

3 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

The Green revolution is running on fumes now, the cost of electricity is soaring and putting the brakes on EV adoption.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Electric-Vehicle-Charging-Prices-Are-Expected-To-Soar-In-Germany.html

"Germany's "messy transition to renewable energies" is resulting in an unpleasant surprise for EV owners at charging stations, energy-focused German blog NoTricksZone writes this week

In Munich, the Stadtwerke München municipal utility has announced it is going to raise the price of electricity by 81%, the blog reported, citing multiple German news outlets. 

“At the AC charging stations, the electricity price will rise from 38 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh) to 49 cents per kWh, while at DC fast charging stations the amount will jump from the current 38 cents per kWh to a whopping 69 cents per kWh,” the Munich online daily Merkur reports.

“The current rates will remain in effect until the end of March, after which the charging cards of the municipal provider will lose their validity. The last increase by Münchner Stadtwerke took place three years earlier, in April 2019,” the article continues. 

A customer commented, calling the price increase "no longer an adjustment", but instead just "brutal". "

all because of the price of Natural Gas ..........The rise in the costs of fossil fuels is now the main driver in building more renewables and those purchasing EV's. Enjoy the cost of filling up your car thanks to high Oil prices created by OPEC and Russia.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:53 AM, notsonice said:

$150 oil, $200 oil, or $100 oil......will kill ICE vehicle sales in the long run....Scraping ICE vehicles  will be the rule in 2030 at $$150 oil, $200 oil, or $100 oil

We get close to 40 mpg whenever we want in our Mitsubishi Mirage. It cost 14,000 .  If I bought a similar electric vehicle it would be close to 30,000. I would still be buying electricity for it. I would be paying more insurance, more tax, and more interest unless I tied my money up by paying cash. 

I did want to pick up a Ford Maverick Truck loaded. It would have been better, but none are even available around a year after they came out. They are not even taking orders due to chip shortages and demand. I was going to sell my huge 12 seat Nissan van, as a trade, but it is worth almost what I paid for it nearly five years ago. We decided to keep it for safety when we are out in California on the freeways or in other cities we must go through.   

• Upvote 1

(edited)

The end of the Green Revolution is coming into sight.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-True-Cost-Of-The-Green-Energy-Boom-Is-Now-Being-Realized.html

"...one can conclude that renewables serve best as supplemental energy sources, certainly not primary sources. When Texas needed to fly helicopters with jet fuel derived from oil to thaw out windmills, clearly the grid did not perform as planned. This begs the question: will the move to green energy continue and will it pull up metals prices needed to support green energy initiatives? If the trend does not continue, one might expect a sharp reversal for several metals. 

Evidence that the US power grid has weakened

Home and commercial generator manufacturer Generac has seen a big uptick in home generator sales according to this recent article. Heck, even one of our analysts recently purchased a natural gas generator from Generac to shore up a weaker local power grid. And CEO Aaron Jagdfeld confirmed rising sales in Russia and Ukraine by stating, “we’re seeing interest in Russia and Ukraine which arguably might be related to some of the security concerns short term.”  

To us, this represents a sure sign that people know the grid appears unsustainable. The green narrative centers around climate change as the root cause of more severe weather but the other factor relates to the unreliability of green energy and power companies have failed to make the investments in backup energy sources needed to support wind and solar. Green energy goes down far more often than either nuclear or coal plants.

From an alternative investment standpoint, the lack of energy independence, the lack of sunshine or wind at times will help spur other energy spin-off companies such as generator companies (by the way the home generator lead time for this editor stands at 5 months). Another spin-off will include diesel vehicles produced with mobile generators to charge cars after they run out of charges on highways. "

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ronwagn said:

We get close to 40 mpg whenever we want in our Mitsubishi Mirage. It cost 14,000 .  If I bought a similar electric vehicle it would be close to 30,000. I would still be buying electricity for it. I would be paying more insurance, more tax, and more interest unless I tied my money up by paying cash. 

I did want to pick up a Ford Maverick Truck loaded. It would have been better, but none are even available around a year after they came out. They are not even taking orders due to chip shortages and demand. I was going to sell my huge 12 seat Nissan van, as a trade, but it is worth almost what I paid for it nearly five years ago. We decided to keep it for safety when we are out in California on the freeways or in other cities we must go through.   

We get close to 40 mpg whenever we want in our Mitsubishi Mirage.?????...typical car/suv gets 20 , You just are a wise guy to buy a super gas frugal car 

BREAKING: New York Bight Lease Sale Ends with USD 4.37 Billion Secured for US Treasury

The US Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) has completed the country’s biggest offshore wind auction after three days and 64 rounds, and the six offered lease sites gathering a total of USD 4.37 billion that will go to the US Treasury.

The largest and most expensive site, which could accommodate a minimum of 1,387 MW of installed capacity, was secured for a price of USD 1.1 billion by Bight Wind Holdings, LLC, a joint venture between RWE Renewables and National Grid.

According to RWE, the lease site has the potential of 3 GW of installed offshore wind capacity. This is in line with what the US Department of Interior (DOI) said earlier on the potential for the sites to have higher installed capacity, mostly due to technological advancements in the industry.

BOEM-NYB-1024x648.jpg

https://www.offshorewind.biz/2022/02/25/breaking-new-york-bight-lease-sale-ends-with-usd-4-37-billion-secured-for-us-treasury/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

BYD Receives US' Largest Electric Truck Order From Einride

All vehicles will be produced locally at BYD's assembly plant in Lancaster, California.

image.thumb.png.34cf7bf48a88c4b9ec637729d73646a6.png

BYD announced so far the largest order for all-electric trucks outside of Asia, placed in the US by a Swedish freight technology company Einride.

In total, 200 Class 8 BYD 8TT battery-electric day cab trucks to be deployed over the course of the coming twelve months starting in February.

All of the vehicles will be assembled in Lancaster, California, where BYD produces also electric buses. The majority of the trucks will be the third generation version, which was unveiled in Fall 2021.

According to the press release, the BYD 8TT will be equipped with a 563 kWh battery (LFP) and offer a range of up to 200 miles. Fast charging power peaks at 185 kW (CCS1 connector).

This type of order is a big win for BYD, which already sold over 200 trucks in the US and more than 10,000 globally (the vast majority in China).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

21 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

BREAKING: New York Bight Lease Sale Ends with USD 4.37 Billion Secured for US Treasury

The US Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) has completed the country’s biggest offshore wind auction after three days and 64 rounds, and the six offered lease sites gathering a total of USD 4.37 billion that will go to the US Treasury.

The largest and most expensive site, which could accommodate a minimum of 1,387 MW of installed capacity, was secured for a price of USD 1.1 billion by Bight Wind Holdings, LLC, a joint venture between RWE Renewables and National Grid.

According to RWE, the lease site has the potential of 3 GW of installed offshore wind capacity. This is in line with what the US Department of Interior (DOI) said earlier on the potential for the sites to have higher installed capacity, mostly due to technological advancements in the industry.

BOEM-NYB-1024x648.jpg

https://www.offshorewind.biz/2022/02/25/breaking-new-york-bight-lease-sale-ends-with-usd-4-37-billion-secured-for-us-treasury/

This looks like a recycle, you have already posted this? Looks like nothing good is happening recently in the renewable sector if you have to recycle this stuff.

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

The current crisis is expected to ramp up the price of oil to unexpected highs, bolstered by the folish Green policies of a deceived government.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Could-Russias-Invasion-Of-Ukraine-Spark-Another-Arab-Spring.html

"The picture painted above will soon be a reality for these countries. The poisonous mix of loss of income and food will threaten to destabilize major parts of the region. While developments in Ukraine pushed crude oil prices above $105 per barrel on Thursday, the potential of new unrest in the region and even a second Arab Spring would be even more worrying for markets. Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan could well be underestimating with their $125 per barrel assessments. The potential loss of Russian oil and gas combined with unrest across the MENA region would be disastrous for oil markets."

Edited by Ecocharger

Well, Used Prius(oldest Hybrids around) are dirt cheap?  Why?  They do not work(well) due to dead batteries + complexity.   Technically you can get replacement. Very few do.  Most get parted out.  But at least it can be done.  None of this is true for a TESLA and most new EV's or hybrids. 

It has yet to be seen if any of the vehicles today will be sold used or just scrapped.  My bet is scrapped as their batteries will be dying when the world will still not have enough battery capacity for new vehicles let alone old vehicles. 

So initially irregardless of anyone's opinion hybrids will be gonzo as soon as their batteries die.   Used market folks like me in 5-->10 years will seriously feel the pinch in a MASSIVE way. 

(edited)

53 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

This looks like a recycle, you have already posted this? Looks like nothing good is happening recently in the renewable sector if you have to recycle this stuff.

Wrong again, don't you get tired of being wrong all the time? This happened yesterday, Friday, Feb. 25th. A few hours before I posted. But of course you can't figure that out on your own by clicking the link.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

1 hour ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Well, Used Prius(oldest Hybrids around) are dirt cheap?  Why?  They do not work(well) due to dead batteries + complexity.   Technically you can get replacement. Very few do.  Most get parted out.  But at least it can be done.  None of this is true for a TESLA and most new EV's or hybrids. 

It has yet to be seen if any of the vehicles today will be sold used or just scrapped.  My bet is scrapped as their batteries will be dying when the world will still not have enough battery capacity for new vehicles let alone old vehicles. 

So initially irregardless of anyone's opinion hybrids will be gonzo as soon as their batteries die.   Used market folks like me in 5-->10 years will seriously feel the pinch in a MASSIVE way. 

Complete rubbish. Just more of your false claims made without any evidence. 

image.png.4c53bead821557e18702c1a0840a59ac.png

image.png.8a6a2a11547691690735c8a1c286d533.png

Or if a Prius is dirt cheap then you are getting the discount to pay for a battery:

image.png.e38f8b473fe58a32bcc269b9dd881d9d.png

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Diesel giant Cummins makes $3.7B bet on an electric truck future with players like the Tesla Semi

It seems like one the most notable vanguards of diesel engines has begun preparations for an upcoming Tesla-like disruption in the trucking sector. In a recent press release, diesel engine giant Cummins announced that it was acquiring Meritor, a company that makes drivetrain, mobility, braking, aftermarket, and electric powertrain solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets. The deal is valued at approximately $3.7 billion. 

With the Meritor deal in place, Cummins would be able to add transmissions, brakes, and axles to its own line of electric motors. It would also allow the company to offer electric truck manufacturers the option to source their drivetrain from Cummins. This is familiar ground for the diesel engine giant. In the US, after all, customers have the option of acquiring a truck from a manufacturer like Freightliner while specifying a diesel engine from a company like Cummins.

https://www.teslarati.com/cummins-3-7-billion-electric-truck-bet-tesla-semi/

• Upvote 1

Not much new news on Tesla. Is it the new battery causing the problems? Supply chain problems? With all the activity on video the new plants must be costing Tesla a few billion for running late on expectations. A year ago it was speculated production happening in December. The China plant seems to be kicking butt and expanding. So all news is not bad. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Boat said:

Not much new news on Tesla. Is it the new battery causing the problems? Supply chain problems? With all the activity on video the new plants must be costing Tesla a few billion for running late on expectations. A year ago it was speculated production happening in December. The China plant seems to be kicking butt and expanding. So all news is not bad. 

Bureaucracy in Germany, Texas is filling up its parking lot with new cars, one more certification needed before they can start shipping, China is doubling its size to 2 million a year.

On 2/20/2022 at 1:53 AM, notsonice said:

$150 oil, $200 oil, or $100 oil......will kill ICE vehicle sales in the long run....Scraping ICE vehicles  will be the rule in 2030 at $$150 oil, $200 oil, or $100 oil

probably not entirely correct.......

1. price of essential items generally controlled. Shall there is an extreme increment as mentioned, all governments will absorb it by paying out subsidies to the producers, the public and business owners affected by it. :D And, in order to prevent pay out of this kind, governments will likely disallow extreme price movement

2. Public transport would be rather busy...

3. Daily travel planning for a family would be popular.

- It might be common to own more than one car per family especially in the cities. If running chores with just one car could be made possible, ICE still can be sold, just not that many any more. 

image.png.586a7393f09588b95a9b9a84ee47867a.png

caption: stay safe, stay cushioned.........

note: unwanted impact might be absorbed by protruding front tires, hard front railing, and more than a meter distance between the driver and the front tip........? :$

43 minutes ago, specinho said:

probably not entirely correct.......

1. price of essential items generally controlled. Shall there is an extreme increment as mentioned, all governments will absorb it by paying out subsidies to the producers, the public and business owners affected by it. :D And, in order to prevent pay out of this kind, governments will likely disallow extreme price movement

2. Public transport would be rather busy...

3. Daily travel planning for a family would be popular.

- It might be common to own more than one car per family especially in the cities. If running chores with just one car could be made possible, ICE still can be sold, just not that many any more. 

image.png.586a7393f09588b95a9b9a84ee47867a.png

caption: stay safe, stay cushioned.........

note: unwanted impact might be absorbed by protruding front tires, hard front railing, and more than a meter distance between the driver and the front tip........? :$

reality $100 oil is a game changer for the EV world. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, notsonice said:

While it is expensive gas or diesel, it wouldn't sway me into trading in my ice for a payment on a new electric car. Gas here in Peoria, Illinois is 3.78 a gallon, I can't justify a new car payment. Electricity is 8cents a kw here. Not free. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

47 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

While it is expensive gas or diesel, it wouldn't sway me into trading in my ice for a payment on a new electric car. Gas here in Peoria, Illinois is 3.78 a gallon, I can't justify a new car payment. Electricity is 8cents a kw here. Not free. 

But a lot of people will decide to go EV because of high fuel costs, particularly commercial fleets. Compared to 3.78 a gallon 8 cents/kwh is practically free. Tesla Model 3 with a standard-range battery has a rating of 24 kWh/100 miles

Car at 25mpg fuel cost for 100 miles is $15.12

Tesla is $1.92

Edited by Jay McKinsey

3 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

But a lot of people will decide to go EV because of high fuel costs, particularly commercial fleets.

Maybe, but to run 220 from north side of house where power comes in to garage, is about 80 feet, so i would say over a grand to have electrician to do....gotta add it all in. I live rural, so doesn't work for me too well, wife's 2020 rav4 hybrid get 38 mpg......so............

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

But a lot of people will decide to go EV because of high fuel costs, particularly commercial fleets. Compared to 3.78 a gallon 8 cents/kwh is practically free. Tesla Model 3 with a standard-range battery has a rating of 24 kWh/100 miles

Car at 25mpg fuel cost for 100 miles is $15.12

Tesla is $1.92

EV  costs are skyrocketing, so in the end ICE is the cost-effective option for the average American...a no-brainer.

5 hours ago, notsonice said:

No, because EV costs are also skyrocketing, read the posts above.