JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

(edited)

48 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

EV  costs are skyrocketing, so in the end ICE is the cost-effective option for the average American...a no-brainer.

Tesla Model Y convinces another police department to go electric, believes it will save $4,000 a year in maintenance alone

It was between Tesla Model Y and Dodge Durango. The former is about $13,000 more expensive than the latter, but the police department is expecting massive cost of ownership savings:

Model: Tesla Model Y Dodge Durango
Purchase cost $52,290.00 $39,202.00
Annual Maintenance cost $250.00 $4,928.25
Annual Fuel cost $391.00 $1,763.00

With those savings, the Model Y will make more sense financially within just three years:

https://electrek.co/2022/02/24/tesla-model-y-convinces-police-department-save-maintenance-alone/

And this one from West Virginia:

The police chief and mayor said this car will ultimately save the city money.

"The savings, we figure, will be in the neighborhood of $5,000 a year per vehicle," Police Chief Chris Fleming said.

image.png.683dd03c49eec225be3814612d74c9fa.png

https://wchstv.com/news/local/nitro-police-unveil-all-electric-tesla-cruiser

And Boulder:

Tesla Model Y to be cheaper police patrol car in just 6-18 months, says Boulder Sheriff

Tesla-Boulder-police-hero.jpg?quality=82&strip=all&w=1600

“While the initial cost of a Tesla is higher than the Ford PI SUV, research and anecdotal evidence shows that the initial cost difference is made up within 6-18 months due to the significantly lower operating and ownership costs of the Tesla. Due to the simplicity of design and lack of moving parts, the Tesla is also expected to have a much longer service life than its internal combustion engine (ICE) counterparts. Law enforcement vehicles spend a great deal of time idling and engaging in sudden start/stop driving, which for ICE vehicles consumes significant amounts of fossil fuels and produces a lot of wear and tear on the engine components. Our data shows that over the average life of a patrol vehicle (5yrs/105,000mi), the Ford Police Interceptor’s fuel and maintenance costs equate to roughly $0.187 per mile driven, while the Tesla Model Y’s operating and maintenance costs equate to roughly $0.029 per mile driven. That equates to roughly $19,635 in fuel and maintenance costs for the Ford Police Interceptor SUV compared to only $3,045 for the Tesla Model Y.” https://electrek.co/2021/08/16/tesla-model-y-cheaper-police-patrol-car-6-18-months-boulder-sheriff/

Edited by Jay McKinsey

1 hour ago, Ecocharger said:

No, because EV costs are also skyrocketing, read the posts above.

So tell us again, when will EV sales in the US start to decline?

4 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Maybe, but to run 220 from north side of house where power comes in to garage, is about 80 feet, so i would say over a grand to have electrician to do....gotta add it all in. I live rural, so doesn't work for me too well, wife's 2020 rav4 hybrid get 38 mpg......so............

Hybrids are a good choice for anyone who drives mainly in town or travels a lot. The  charging is a problem on long trips. Larger electric vehicles carry high prices tags. 

6 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

So tell us again, when will EV sales in the US start to decline?

In spite of a 50% reduction in ice inventories EV's sales are still floundering like lost sheep in non luxury. 

Let's see how Ford&GM survive until the midterms..that is when the shift will occur.

• Haha 1

(edited)

18 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

In spite of a 50% reduction in ice inventories EV's sales are still floundering like lost sheep in non luxury. 

Let's see how Ford&GM survive until the midterms..that is when the shift will occur.

In September you said EV sales would start to decline this quarter. Moving your date out 9 months I see.

btw- the non-luxury plug-in Mustang Mach E, Jeep Wrangler, RAV4 Prime and Prius Prime sales are red hot!

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

In September you said EV sales would start to decline this quarter. Moving your date out 9 months I see.

btw- the non-luxury plug-in Mustang Mach E, Jeep Wrangler, RAV4 Prime and Prius Prime sales are red hot!

Sales hit just over 15 million vehicles in 2021, up 3.4% from 2020, the year the pandemic took hold in the U.S.

Of 15 million autos, what percentage world EV's be...02%. I dunno so I shall ask for a friend.

Ohh I see EV's are making huge gains in the US market. Actually does 4% even register as being in the market?

Electric cars will make up just 4% of American sales in 2021, compared with 9% in China and 14% in Europe

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

While it is expensive gas or diesel, it wouldn't sway me into trading in my ice for a payment on a new electric car. Gas here in Peoria, Illinois is 3.78 a gallon, I can't justify a new car payment. Electricity is 8cents a kw here. Not free. 

sorry to here you are not doing so well, wait a few years and you will be able to buy a used hybrid. PS an Ev needs .3 kwh of electricity per mile. That is 2.4 cents per mile in your neck of the woods. A ICE at 20 mpg costs you 19 cents per mile for gas at 3.78. If you are driving 12,000 (35 miles a day) a hybrid is a no brainer.

(edited)

28 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Sales hit just over 15 million vehicles in 2021, up 3.4% from 2020, the year the pandemic took hold in the U.S.

Of 15 million autos, what percentage world EV's be...02%. I dunno so I shall ask for a friend.

Plug-in EV Light Duty Vehicles were 4.2% of US sales last year. In January of this year they were 5.4%:

Figure 3 PEV Sales Share of New Vehicle Sales

https://www.anl.gov/es/light-duty-electric-drive-vehicles-monthly-sales-updates

Edited by Jay McKinsey

20 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Ohh I see EV's are making huge gains in the US market. Actually does 4% even register as being in the market?

Electric cars will make up just 4% of American sales in 2021, compared with 9% in China and 14% in Europe

in the US 2021 EVs and Hybrids were 8 percent of the market.....2022..... you can bet it will in the double digits in 2022 with the electric F150 starting deliveries in a few months. 2023......15 to 20 percent? Rome was not built in a day.

Just now, Eyes Wide Open said:

5.4% ....still nothing more than a novelty

At that growth rate they won't be a novelty for long. You said sales would decrease beginning this year but they have continued to grow rapidly. We will add that claim to the long list of things you have been wrong about.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, notsonice said:

in the US 2021 EVs and Hybrids were 8 percent of the market.....2022..... you can bet it will in the double digits in 2022 with the electric F150 starting deliveries in a few months. 2023......15 to 20 percent? Rome was not built in a day.

If you add HEV to PEV in January the total was about 11% market share.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

5.4% ....still nothing more than a novelty

novelty last year...Like the gasoline auto from 1900 to 1909 expanding every year and by 1910...autos outnumbered horse driven carriages. your guess on when EVs/Hybrids will be the majority in the US.......2030????? I can tell you by 2026 one out two of my vehicles will be a EV/hybrid........ My older SUV's days are numbered......it will be scraped not resold. 

If you pick a number for car production, 65 million per year isn’t bad. 2030? I guess 15 million electric per year as a wild stab. Big factors. Will AI totally decimate the urge to drive. Will there be supply side constraints. If cars last 20 years and people like to rent them. Maybe not nearly as many get sold. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Tesla Model Y convinces another police department to go electric, believes it will save $4,000 a year in maintenance alone

It was between Tesla Model Y and Dodge Durango. The former is about $13,000 more expensive than the latter, but the police department is expecting massive cost of ownership savings:

Model: Tesla Model Y Dodge Durango
Purchase cost $52,290.00 $39,202.00
Annual Maintenance cost $250.00 $4,928.25
Annual Fuel cost $391.00 $1,763.00

With those savings, the Model Y will make more sense financially within just three years:

https://electrek.co/2022/02/24/tesla-model-y-convinces-police-department-save-maintenance-alone/

And this one from West Virginia:

The police chief and mayor said this car will ultimately save the city money.

"The savings, we figure, will be in the neighborhood of $5,000 a year per vehicle," Police Chief Chris Fleming said.

image.png.683dd03c49eec225be3814612d74c9fa.png

https://wchstv.com/news/local/nitro-police-unveil-all-electric-tesla-cruiser

And Boulder:

Tesla Model Y to be cheaper police patrol car in just 6-18 months, says Boulder Sheriff

Tesla-Boulder-police-hero.jpg?quality=82&strip=all&w=1600

“While the initial cost of a Tesla is higher than the Ford PI SUV, research and anecdotal evidence shows that the initial cost difference is made up within 6-18 months due to the significantly lower operating and ownership costs of the Tesla. Due to the simplicity of design and lack of moving parts, the Tesla is also expected to have a much longer service life than its internal combustion engine (ICE) counterparts. Law enforcement vehicles spend a great deal of time idling and engaging in sudden start/stop driving, which for ICE vehicles consumes significant amounts of fossil fuels and produces a lot of wear and tear on the engine components. Our data shows that over the average life of a patrol vehicle (5yrs/105,000mi), the Ford Police Interceptor’s fuel and maintenance costs equate to roughly $0.187 per mile driven, while the Tesla Model Y’s operating and maintenance costs equate to roughly $0.029 per mile driven. That equates to roughly $19,635 in fuel and maintenance costs for the Ford Police Interceptor SUV compared to only $3,045 for the Tesla Model Y.” https://electrek.co/2021/08/16/tesla-model-y-cheaper-police-patrol-car-6-18-months-boulder-sheriff/

We have heard those old predictions before.

(edited)

Problems of going nuclear...they can be held hostage by terrorist states.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/92-Hostages-Held-Captive-By-Russia-At-Chernobyl.html

"Any shelling of this area could result in the spread of radioactive material outside the Chernobyl zone. 

Writing on Facebook on Thursday, former Ukrainian Interior Ministry deputy Anton Gerashchenko warned that, "If as a result of the occupiers' artillery strikes the nuclear waste storage facility is destroyed, the radioactive dust may cover the territories of Ukraine, Belarus and the EU [European Union] countries!"

In the meantime, while fighting continues on the ground, with Ukrainian officials discussing potential negotiations with Putin, the Russian president had earlier said there would be no talks until Ukraine stops fighting back. "

Edited by Ecocharger

4 hours ago, notsonice said:

novelty last year...Like the gasoline auto from 1900 to 1909 expanding every year and by 1910...autos outnumbered horse driven carriages. your guess on when EVs/Hybrids will be the majority in the US.......2030????? I can tell you by 2026 one out two of my vehicles will be a EV/hybrid........ My older SUV's days are numbered......it will be scraped not resold. 

ICE sales are increasing by leaps and bounds.

Supreme Court weighs rollback of EPA's power to fight climate change

A decision in the case could impact U.S. progress on steep emission cuts.

If there are enormous decisions that have vast political and economic significance, Congress -- if they want an agency to deal with it -- should speak clearly to that issue," said Jeff Holmstead, a former EPA official who served during the George W. Bush administration and has represented clients challenging recent EPA emissions regulations.

To the heart of the matter, perhaps the final spike will be driven.

Last month, the justices blocked the Occupational Health and Safety Administration's vaccine-or-test mandate for large employers on those grounds, while last summer the court rolled back the CDC's pandemic eviction moratorium as an illegal overreach.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/supreme-court-weighs-rollback-epas-power-fight-climate/story?id=83040560

7 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

ICE sales are increasing by leaps and bounds.

as Detroit retools for  EV's  . 

21 hours ago, notsonice said:

reality $100 oil is a game changer for the EV world. 

Meanwhile, Lithium has increased by 4X, Nickel by 2.5X, Steel by 50%... What/Corn/Soy ~50%

Its almost as if energy = cost of goods... 🤡🔥🤣👍

Next up: Solar Panel price increases... 🤯

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, notsonice said:

as Detroit retools for  EV's  . 

When Detroit retools to mine/refine the lithium/nickel to make their batteries, only then will we know they are serious, until then, it is a joke.  All they are "retooling" are empty buildings for a new assembly line which has no inputs.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

When Detroit retools to mine/refine the lithium/nickel to make their batteries, only then will we know they are serious, until then, it is a joke.  All they are "retooling" are empty buildings for a new assembly line which has no inputs.

lithium nickel  ???try Lithium Iron. Lithium is being mined in the US. 

7 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Meanwhile, Lithium has increased by 4X, Nickel by 2.5X, Steel by 50%... What/Corn/Soy ~50%

Its almost as if energy = cost of goods... 🤡🔥🤣👍

Next up: Solar Panel price increases... 🤯

and yet lithium Iron batteries prices are still dropping

8 minutes ago, notsonice said:

lithium nickel  ???try Lithium Iron. Lithium is being mined in the US. 

Lithium is MOSTLY mined in Australia followed by Chile

16 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

"Nuclear", anyone?  You would think that after the Japanese disasters, no sane politician would propose expanding the nuclear risks....but I guess all politicians are not sane after all.

https://oilprice.com/Alternative-Energy/Nuclear-Power/Biden-Is-Ready-To-Bet-Big-On-Nuclear-Energy.html

nuclear is safe!

• Haha 1