JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

Just now, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Lithium is MOSTLY mined in Australia followed by Chile

so what.......Do you care when you pick up your cell phone on where the lithium in its battery is from???? Chile loves the US not China...same as Australia. PS I love working in Chile....They have no problem with me working there.....same as Australia or Argentina or Mexico or Peru or Bolivia ........or the US . MAGA with new Lithium mines in the US

8 minutes ago, notsonice said:

and yet lithium Iron batteries prices are still dropping

For a short period of time, yes, as manufacturing lines start up. 

Lithium Fe/Po are excellent for tropics/sub tropics regions.  Better for high temps and cycle life than any LiNMC.  Sucks ass for anywhere it freezes even if you do have heaters/insulation built into the battery packs.  Yes, you can charge them when it is freezing out... as long as you wish to WAIT for the heater to work bringing your battery pack up to temperature before starting. 

PS: My RV is powered by said batteries.  Wonderful as now I can run a microwave and electric induction stove top.  Can ditch the gas  2 solar panels on top.  As long as you do not want heat/ac you are fine.  

(edited)

2 minutes ago, notsonice said:

so what.......Do you care when you pick up your cell phone on where the lithium in its battery is from???? Chile loves the US not China...same as Australia. PS I love working in Chile....They have no problem with me working there.....same as Australia or Argentina or Mexico or Peru or Bolivia ........or the US . MAGA with new Lithium mines in the US

Yes, it matters, Just ask Ukraine if it matters who you are enslaved to. 

Why I am a gigantic proponent for nuclear breeder Thorium reactor designs and why we MUST do the R&D on them.  EVERY country has Thorium, but the power hungry ass hats hate Thorium for this very reason(they can't control other countries).  Once the process gets going all you have to do is feed it Thorium while removing***(key) the lanthenides???

Nuclear + solar + NG will be the future

Edited by footeab@yahoo.com

5 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

For a short period of time, yes, as manufacturing lines start up. 

Lithium Fe/Po are excellent for tropics/sub tropics regions.  Better for high temps and cycle life than any LiNMC.  Sucks ass for anywhere it freezes even if you do have heaters/insulation built into the battery packs.  Yes, you can charge them when it is freezing out... as long as you wish to WAIT for the heater to work bringing your battery pack up to temperature before starting. 

PS: My RV is powered by said batteries.  Wonderful as now I can run a microwave and electric induction stove top.  Can ditch the gas  2 solar panels on top.  As long as you do not want heat/ac you are fine.  

I drive a hybrid and get 2/3 of the battery life in winter that I would get in the summer. That being said I am saving a fortune on fuel at the moment!

Its roughly $9/gallon in the UK!

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Why I am a gigantic proponent for nuclear breeder Thorium reactor designs and why we MUST do the R&D on them.  EVERY country has Thorium, but the power hungry ass hats hate Thorium for this very reason(they can't control other countries).  Once the process gets going all you have to do is feed it Thorium while removing***(key) the lanthenides???

what are you babbling about??? just ask Ukraine??? you have some serious mental issues ...get help

24 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

I am a gigantic proponent for nuclear breeder Thorium reactor designs.... any of these being built???? nope so in the meantime solar, wind, batteries, evs are an economic  alternative to gas powered vehicles 

1 hour ago, notsonice said:

as Detroit retools for  EV's  . 

Look at the sales numbers. ICE is king.

(edited)

Oil prices are being pushed up by hot demand.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/Goldman-Only-Demand-Destruction-Can-Keep-Oil-Prices-From-Rising.html

"Goldman Sachs: Only demand destruction could stop oil from rising to $115 over the next month.

Sanctions on Russian banks could complicate Russian seaborne crude exports in the near term.

The investment bank raised its one-month forecast for Brent Crude to $115 per barrel."

Edited by Ecocharger

45 minutes ago, notsonice said:

I am a gigantic proponent for nuclear breeder Thorium reactor designs.... any of these being built???? nope

Yes, in China, Russia, India.  Fools in the west REFUSE to spend the $$$ for R&D.  What this tells me, the west, are dead men walking especially when combined with their low birth rate.  Though in China's case where they cannot feed their own population, this is a positive. 

12 hours ago, Boat said:

If you pick a number for car production, 65 million per year isn’t bad. 2030? I guess 15 million electric per year as a wild stab. Big factors. Will AI totally decimate the urge to drive. Will there be supply side constraints. If cars last 20 years and people like to rent them. Maybe not nearly as many get sold. 

"If", "if", "if"........

50 minutes ago, notsonice said:

what are you babbling about??? just ask Ukraine??? you have some serious mental issues ...get help

I am sorry your mental capacity is below the mendoza line.

Get help

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ecocharger said:

We have heard those old predictions before.

And they keep coming true. That is why more police departments are buying EVs.

On 2/26/2022 at 7:32 PM, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Well, Used Prius(oldest Hybrids around) are dirt cheap?  Why?  They do not work(well) due to dead batteries + complexity.   Technically you can get replacement. Very few do.  Most get parted out.  But at least it can be done.  None of this is true for a TESLA and most new EV's or hybrids. 

It has yet to be seen if any of the vehicles today will be sold used or just scrapped.  My bet is scrapped as their batteries will be dying when the world will still not have enough battery capacity for new vehicles let alone old vehicles. 

So initially irregardless of anyone's opinion hybrids will be gonzo as soon as their batteries die.   Used market folks like me in 5-->10 years will seriously feel the pinch in a MASSIVE way. 

What kind of dollars are you using for your cost estimates?  My brother has an older Prius (200 7 I think?) that he and his wife got from her parents 3 years ago.  It's worth more now than when they got it,  and it wasn't cheap then.  

15 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

5.4% ....still nothing more than a novelty

That's larger than the market share for the F150 - the best selling vehicle in the US.  Are you saying that the F150 pickup is a novelty in the market?

14 hours ago, Boat said:

If you pick a number for car production, 65 million per year isn’t bad. 2030? I guess 15 million electric per year as a wild stab. Big factors. Will AI totally decimate the urge to drive. Will there be supply side constraints. If cars last 20 years and people like to rent them. Maybe not nearly as many get sold. 

If AI takes over for human drivers, that will greatly increase the number of miles driven per year.  Most driving is necessary, not recreational.  Reduce the level of effort required to drive, and people will do more of it, because it's value relative to it's cost goes up. Even for recreational driving it goes up.  For example, the biggest thing that stops me from spending a weekend in New Orleans evmonth or two with my wife is the hassle of the drive, the cost of parking, and the cost of a hotel.  If the car could  drive us over the night before, run to a remote lot to wait for us during the day, then come back and take us to a cheap hotel away from the city center we could do it effortlessly.   

(edited)

5 minutes ago, Eric Gagen said:

If AI takes over for human drivers, that will greatly increase the number of miles driven per year.  Most driving is necessary, not recreational.  Reduce the level of effort required to drive, and people will do more of it, because it's value relative to it's cost goes up. Even for recreational driving it goes up.  For example, the biggest thing that stops me from spending a weekend in New Orleans evmonth or two with my wife is the hassle of the drive, the cost of parking, and the cost of a hotel.  If the car could  drive us over the night before, run to a remote lot to wait for us during the day, then come back and take us to a cheap hotel away from the city center we could do it effortlessly.   

your right ...I will be able to  meet friends at a bar.....have  more than 1 drink and not worry about a DUI. Wonder if the law will keep up with it and not give out DUI's  if you are sitting in the backseat with no driver???? Makes an EV with AI the king of the road in my book

Edited by notsonice

13 minutes ago, Eric Gagen said:

What kind of dollars are you using for your cost estimates?  My brother has an older Prius (200 7 I think?) that he and his wife got from her parents 3 years ago.  It's worth more now than when they got it,  and it wasn't cheap then.  

Used cars are increasing in price massively.  Fewer to buy compared to need.  New cars are running longer which is good news, but dip in market. Why?  Ability to repair verses scrapping is increasing in favor of scrapping compared to repair which is actually largest reason for the pinch.  With hybrids, this problem is only increasing with increasing cost of repair vrs value, until someone starts making replacement batteries.  Good Luck. 

My current vehicle has over 230,000 miles.  It is eating 1 liter of oil every 1000 miles though so, and it has mice intrusion so... ug... Either new cylinders, or just find another.  Looking at Prius as I know I can get replacement batteries, but still requires the engine to run, so not exactly what I am looking for, and maybe Nissan Leaf, but the others... so far, no in terms of replacements for batteries.  . 

38 minutes ago, Eric Gagen said:

That's larger than the market share for the F150 - the best selling vehicle in the US.  Are you saying that the F150 pickup is a novelty in the market?

Time to have some fun with this. It would seem actual EV production is being buried. As of now I can only find one source that is not a industry advocate... And the numbers indicate appalling results. 

Electric Vehicle Registrations Jump First Half of 2021

Christian Wardlaw | Jun 21, 2021

Electric vehicle registrations nearly doubled during the first four months of 2021. Data from Experian and reported by Automotive News show that between

January 1 and April 30 of 2021, 133,509 new EVs hit American roads,

a 95 percent increase compared to the same period in 2020.

As a portion of the entire U.S. vehicle market, EVs accounted for 2.3 percent of new registrations during the first four months of 2021

Tesla leads the pack by a wide margin, chalking up nearly 92,000 newly registered vehicles during the period. 

https://www.jdpower.com/automotive-news/electric-vehicle-registrations-jump-first-half-of-2021

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Time to have some fun with this. It would seem actual EV production is being buried. As of now I can only find one source that is not a industry advocate... And the numbers indicate appalling results. 

Electric Vehicle Registrations Jump First Half of 2021

Christian Wardlaw | Jun 21, 2021

Electric vehicle registrations nearly doubled during the first four months of 2021. Data from Experian and reported by Automotive News show that between

January 1 and April 30 of 2021, 133,509 new EVs hit American roads,

a 95 percent increase compared to the same period in 2020.

As a portion of the entire U.S. vehicle market, EVs accounted for 2.3 percent of new registrations during the first four months of 2021

Tesla leads the pack by a wide margin, chalking up nearly 92,000 newly registered vehicles during the period. 

https://www.jdpower.com/automotive-news/electric-vehicle-registrations-jump-first-half-of-2021

So you provide year old data when I gave you current data from Argonne National Lab. EV market share has doubled in each of the last two years!

Plug-In Vehicle Sales

A total of 53,465 plug-in vehicles (41,125 BEVs and 12,340 PHEVs) were sold during January 2022 in the United States, up 64.2% from the sales in January 2021. PEVs captured 5.39% of total LDV sales in this month.

https://www.anl.gov/es/light-duty-electric-drive-vehicles-monthly-sales-updates

Edited by Jay McKinsey

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

So you provide year old data when I gave you current data from Argonne National Lab.

Plug-In Vehicle Sales

A total of 53,465 plug-in vehicles (41,125 BEVs and 12,340 PHEVs) were sold during January 2022 in the United States, up 64.2% from the sales in January 2021. PEVs captured 5.39% of total LDV sales in this month.

Let's see, hybrid a vehicle powered by a ICE engine, supplemented by electric traction assist motors.

Now do pay close attention...Hybrids are not Electrically driven vehicles.they merely use traction assist motors to improve stop and go driving.

6 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Let's see, hybrid a vehicle powered by a ICE engine, supplemented by electric traction assist motors.

Now do pay close attention...Hybrids are not Electrically driven vehicles.they merely use traction assist motors to improve stop and go driving.

Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles–known as PHEVs–combine a gasoline or diesel engine with an electric motor and a large rechargeable battery. Unlike conventional hybrids, PHEVS can be plugged-in and recharged from an outlet, allowing them to drive extended distances using just electricity.

• Like 1

(edited)

13 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Careful, your senility is showing. There are no "Hybrids.. (that) merely use traction assist motors to improve stop and go driving" included in the numbers I reported. All the vehicles in my report are capable of running on pure electricity from a plug.

Moreover, BEV were 77% of PEV sales in January. That makes BEV 4.2% of US market share. 

Edited by Jay McKinsey

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Careful, your senility is showing. There are no "Hybrids.. (that) merely use traction assist motors to improve stop and go driving" included in the numbers I reported. All the vehicles in my report are capable of running on pure electricity from a 

21 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

So you provide year old data when I gave you current data from Argonne National Lab.

Plug-In Vehicle Sales

It is time to no longer look forward towards empty promise's and delusional grandiose ideology. Now is the time to reflect on the Green Revolution, Soon to be re coined A Trail Of Tears.

Europe Energy Crisis Goes Global

To see climate politics turn really crazy, add fuel shortages and high prices.

That’s happening in Europe now thanks to home-heating and electricity prices up 300% at the wholesale level since last winter. In a quote echoed across the continent, one of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s parliamentary allies warned on the weekend of “catastrophic” damage to the government: “Elections are won and lost in people’s wallets.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/europe-energy-crisis-goes-global-shortages-natural-gas-wind-solar-coal-russia-china-germany-11641335775

(edited)

7 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

It is time to no longer look forward towards empty promise's and delusional grandiose ideology. Now is the time to reflect on the Green Revolution, Soon to be re coined A Trail Of Tears.

Europe Energy Crisis Goes Global

To see climate politics turn really crazy, add fuel shortages and high prices.

That’s happening in Europe now thanks to home-heating and electricity prices up 300% at the wholesale level since last winter. In a quote echoed across the continent, one of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s parliamentary allies warned on the weekend of “catastrophic” damage to the government: “Elections are won and lost in people’s wallets.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/europe-energy-crisis-goes-global-shortages-natural-gas-wind-solar-coal-russia-china-germany-11641335775

HaHa! Changing the topic, a time proven tactic for deflection when you've been shown to be spewing BS out your arse!

Edited by Jay McKinsey

Ok, back to why I thought AI would cut the amount of vehicles bought. Most of my life I had a pickup for the dump, tree limbs, moving furniture and that extra ride to use when one of your other vehicles was in the shop. One pickup I had lasted 23 years and ran great when I sold it. Then my wife and I both had cars for work, shopping, etc. with AI my car total would be zero vrs 3. I am still mulling over the idea of more miles driven. I suppose it’s possible.