JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

9 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Hahaha! 

image.png.2ab3918b279831b9562789615718ccc2.png

WTI Crude 100.81 +5.77 +6.07% (11 Minutes Delay)

Brent Crude 104.24 +6.22 +6.35%

(11 Minutes Delay)

ooooops, going back up

6 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:
WTI Crude 100.81 +5.77 +6.07% (11 Minutes Delay)

Brent Crude 104.24 +6.22 +6.35%

(11 Minutes Delay)

ooooops, going back up

yep the price now is making renewables look great....You are doing a bang up job at promoting renewables and electric vehicles. Thanks

• Upvote 2

(edited)

4 hours ago, notsonice said:

yep the price now is making renewables look great....You are doing a bang up job at promoting renewables and electric vehicles. Thanks

Ya really show yer lack of understanding commodities pricing. As crude goes up so does copper, aluminum, plastics, all that make crap EV's even more over-priced. Shit fer brains......

Someone please explain basic economics to not-once and Dildo Jay

Edited by Old-Ruffneck

24 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Ya really show yer lack of understanding commodities pricing. As crude goes up so does copper, aluminum, plastics, all that make crap EV's even more over-priced. Shit fer brains......

Consumers don't follow logic.  If gas prices are high more people will look toward electric.

(edited)

38 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Your ignorance is mind boggling. Gas prices going up have far more impact on consumers than copper and aluminium in an EV. They buy gas every week but they buy that EV once every several years. Tesla has reported a doubling in demand over the past few weeks and had to raise their prices again.

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

The price of sugar doesn't effect the price of soda pop.

Edited by TailingsPond

(edited)

7 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Shit fer brains??? You are the definition of brain dead. When you are bragging about the high price of gas and oil you do you think that people want to buy and ICE vehicle more??? or less??? Please keep reminding people how the price of oil is over $100 a barrel..... it will make the decision to buy a EV much more easier.  Basic economics..... Got it ?

PS ....babbling about dildos???? get a grip on yourself, grab your ankles, $100 oil sure will make you feel like you been corn-holed when you fill up. Enjoy $4 gas and enjoy bending over.

Edited by notsonice

7 hours ago, notsonice said:

Shit fer brains??? You are the definition of brain dead. When you are bragging about the high price of gas and oil you do you think that people want to buy and ICE vehicle more??? or less??? Please keep reminding people how the price of oil is over $100 a barrel..... it will make the decision to buy a EV much more easier.  Basic economics..... Got it ?

PS ....babbling about dildos???? get a grip on yourself, grab your ankles, $100 oil sure will make you feel like you been corn-holed when you fill up. Enjoy $4 gas and enjoy bending over.

Not bragging about but pointing out to Jay who commented on Ecocharger's post of oil will be 100+ for awhile. Jay posted a screenshot of oil below 100, and I screenshot several hours later above. I consume alot of fuels and oil related products in my business, and this upward trend is harmful to the economy. We will end up in a recesssion in 6 months with Feds jackin' up interest rates today and several more times in near future. An electric vehichle would do me no good, fine for passanger cars and light duty pick-ups but not serious trucks. Too many miles I travel and pulling a light loaded trailer the tests show they lose over half their mileage. I've been in business 32 years and some of you type jibberish that makes no sense to most Americans who live rural. Jay thinks EV's are the only choice we Americans have as a mode of transportation in the future. Wrong......Still priced out of most peoples reach and infrastructure isn't in place to handle even 30% switch at this time. 5 years maybe, but us folks who live rural 10 years or more. Enjoy yer day.....Life goes on.

On 3/16/2022 at 10:30 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

The United States is the United States and coal is down here by 10%. Very straight forward. Off-topic?? No one put you in charge of topics on this forum.

The United States is one country, and world-wide coal production and coal usage is now breaking new all-time highs.

(edited)

Oil markets continue to tighten, making fossil fuels in oil-derived products and coal generated energy the hottest area of the energy industry.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-World-Could-See-A-Record-Breaking-Oil-Supply-Shock.html

"IEA: market could lose around 3 million bpd of supply from Russia starting in April.

Sanctions come at a time that OECD crude inventories were already well below their 5-year average.

OPEC producers have not been willing to fill the supply gap.

U.S. shale not expected to bring immediate relief to oil markets."

Edited by Ecocharger

5 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Not bragging about but pointing out to Jay who commented on Ecocharger's post of oil will be 100+ for awhile. Jay posted a screenshot of oil below 100, and I screenshot several hours later above. I consume alot of fuels and oil related products in my business, and this upward trend is harmful to the economy. We will end up in a recesssion in 6 months with Feds jackin' up interest rates today and several more times in near future. An electric vehichle would do me no good, fine for passanger cars and light duty pick-ups but not serious trucks. Too many miles I travel and pulling a light loaded trailer the tests show they lose over half their mileage. I've been in business 32 years and some of you type jibberish that makes no sense to most Americans who live rural. Jay thinks EV's are the only choice we Americans have as a mode of transportation in the future. Wrong......Still priced out of most peoples reach and infrastructure isn't in place to handle even 30% switch at this time. 5 years maybe, but us folks who live rural 10 years or more. Enjoy yer day.....Life goes on.

The more EVs on the road the less demand for oil which means more low cost oil for you until EVs satisfy your needs. 

(edited)

On 3/15/2022 at 2:42 PM, Jay McKinsey said:

The voters.

Indeed they did, and today all of The EU lies in a energy disatour. Let us take that a bit further. The US too made such a transitional change, and today the US is in the early stages of a energy debacle. 

While the EU maybe mired in a Green Energy infrastructure catastrophy the US is not and will change directions quite abruptly...it is inevitable.

I must ask this however. You have professed to be a individual of great depth into the matters of Green Technology. Do you not believe you could be more constructive  aiding the EU in the needed implementations allowing their tech to function in a manner that is functional? Then again I can see the possibility of your presence being banned in such matters?

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

22 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Indeed they did, and today all of The EU lies in a energy disatour. Let us take that a bit further. The US too made such a transitional change, and today the US is in the early stages of a energy debacle. 

While the EU maybe mired in a Green Energy infrastructure catastrophy the US is not and will change directions quite abruptly...it is inevitable.

I must ask this however. You have professed to be a individual of great depth into the matters of Green Technology. Do you not believe you could be more constructive  aiding the EU in the needed implementations allowing their tech to function in a manner that is functional? Then again I can see the possibility of your presence being banned in such matters?

I thought you said you didn't have a world view.

The problem is all due to fossil fuels. The US isn't changing direction but for maybe drilling a little more oil in the short term because of a war on the other side of the planet. Perhaps you have overlooked the fact during your long life that fossil fuels are subject to tremendous cycles of boom and bust. This is a bad thing but there hasn't been a viable alternative before but now there is. The US is accelerating the move to green energy. Enjoy the show.

planned U.S. utility-scale electric generating capacity additions

Figure 3 PEV Sales Share of New Vehicle Sales

• Upvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

I thought you said you didn't have a world view.

world·view
/wərldˈvyo͞o/

noun
  1. a particular philosophy of life or conception of the world.
    "I have broadened my worldview by experiencing a whole new culture"

A reflection on Green Energy failure is by no means a world view opinion. Again I may have be wrong here..Now your professional opinion if I may. Has Green Energy failed the EU?  If not I may have made some egregious errors, which brings into play a plethora of new questions or perhaps a better grasp of the Green Energy Transformation.

Edited by Eyes Wide Open

(edited)

2 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:
world·view
/wərldˈvyo͞o/

noun
  1. a particular philosophy of life or conception of the world.
    "I have broadened my worldview by experiencing a whole new culture"

A reflection on Green Energy failure is by no means a world view opinion. Again I may have be wrong here..Now your professional opinion if I may. Has Green Energy failed the EU?  If not I may have made some egregious errors, which brings into play a plethora of new questions or perhaps a better grasp of the Green Energy Transformation.

Your worldview is that green energy has led to an energy debacle. Which is wrong. Reliance on fossil fuels has led to our energy debacle. Green energy is the solution.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

3 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Your worldview is that green energy has led to an energy debacle. Which is wrong. Reliance on fossil fuels has led to our energy debacle. Green energy is the solution.

A government renewable energy surcharge accounts for one-fifth of a typical household's electricity bill. It's designed to subsidise renewable power producers, who are guaranteed a fixed price for the next 20 years, at consumers' expense.

Energy crisis: How countries are dealing with rising prices

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60112068

Have read, it details fossil fuels failures. 

5 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

A government renewable energy surcharge accounts for one-fifth of a typical household's electricity bill. It's designed to subsidise renewable power producers, who are guaranteed a fixed price for the next 20 years, at consumers' expense.

Energy crisis: How countries are dealing with rising prices

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60112068

Have read, it details fossil fuels failures. 

Yep, all fossil fuel failures except for Germany shutting down its nukes. 

As to the surcharge, that is just one country and it is dropping by 45% this year but the spike in fossil fuel costs will offset the decrease. 

Germany’s renewables levy will decrease to its lowest level in ten years as high wholesale power prices and support from the federal budget lower the need for payments from electricity consumers. This is good news for the economy and consumers, especially as gas, oil and coal prices are rising globally, said economy minister Peter Altmaier. However, high wholesale prices and rising grid fees may eat up potential savings for households, said price comparison website Verivox. The surcharge, which is paid by consumers with their electricity bill and supports wind, solar and biomass installations, will decrease to 3.72 cents per kilowatt hour (ct/kWh) in 2022 from the current 6.5 cents. As coalition talks to form Germany’s next government continue in Berlin, stakeholders are calling on the next cabinet to abolish the levy outright to further support the shift to clean energy. https://www.cleanenergywire.org/news/sharp-fall-renewables-levy-good-news-german-power-consumers-energy-crunch

Looks like it is being eliminated:

German govt agrees to end renewables levy in July

2d2e486332f60d7a835ed6a2014c3eb9.jpg Image by Enen Endless Energy GmbH.

March 10 (Renewables Now) - The German government has approved a draft law that would abolish the renewables surcharge, paid by consumers with their electricity bills, as of July 1, 2022.

https://renewablesnow.com/news/german-govt-agrees-to-end-renewables-levy-in-july-776401/

1 hour ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Yep, all fossil fuel failures except for Germany shutting down its nukes. 

As to the surcharge, that is just one country and it is dropping by 45% this year but the spike in fossil fuel costs will offset the decrease. 

Germany’s renewables levy will decrease to its lowest level in ten years as high wholesale power prices and support from the federal budget lower the need for payments from electricity consumers. This is good news for the economy and consumers, especially as gas, oil and coal prices are rising globally, said economy minister Peter Altmaier. However, high wholesale prices and rising grid fees may eat up potential savings for households, said price comparison website Verivox. The surcharge, which is paid by consumers with their electricity bill and supports wind, solar and biomass installations, will decrease to 3.72 cents per kilowatt hour (ct/kWh) in 2022 from the current 6.5 cents. As coalition talks to form Germany’s next government continue in Berlin, stakeholders are calling on the next cabinet to abolish the levy outright to further support the shift to clean energy. https://www.cleanenergywire.org/news/sharp-fall-renewables-levy-good-news-german-power-consumers-energy-crunch

Looks like it is being eliminated:

German govt agrees to end renewables levy in July

2d2e486332f60d7a835ed6a2014c3eb9.jpg Image by Enen Endless Energy GmbH.

March 10 (Renewables Now) - The German government has approved a draft law that would abolish the renewables surcharge, paid by consumers with their electricity bills, as of July 1, 2022.

https://renewablesnow.com/news/german-govt-agrees-to-end-renewables-levy-in-july-776401/

Dated: 

15 Oct 2021, 

Current Policy 

Jan 5, 2022,05:11pm EST

The EU Finally Admits Natural Gas And Nuclear Are Key To Decarbonization

Before going further, let me state the obvious: Europe cannot — will not — move to  “a predominantly renewable-based future.” The never-ending claims that Europe, or any other region with a large economy, can run solely on “clean energy technologies like wind and solar,” are not based on history, math, or physics. Indeed, Europe is already in the throes of an energy crisis due to its headlong rush to adopt renewables at the expense of traditional thermal power plants. Numerous news outlets have documented the causes of Europe’s predicament. Two days ago, Bloomberg ran a story with the headline: “Europe Sleepwalked Into an Energy Crisis that Could Last Years,” which said that Europe is “in the midst of an energy transition, shutting down coal-fired electricity plants and increasing its reliance on renewables. Wind and solar are cleaner but sometimes fickle...” 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertbryce/2022/01/05/eu-finally-admits-natural-gas-and-nuclear-are-key-to-decarbonization/

Europe Sleepwalked Into an Energy Crisis That Could Last Years

With its natural gas stockpiles running dangerously low, the European Union is at the mercy of two wily forces—Putin and the weather.

Traders are already preparing for the worst, with prices for gas delivered from spring through 2023 surging about 40% over the past month. Some say the crunch could last until 2025, when the next wave of LNG projects in the U.S. starts supplying the world market.

“It’s hard to see how decent levels of gas storage can be achieved without additional Russian exports via Nord Stream 2 or existing routes,” says Massimo Di-Odoardo, vice president for gas and LNG research at Wood Mackenzie. “2022 will be another volatile year for European gas prices.” —With Elena Mazneva, Olga Tanas, and Vanessa Dezem

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Europe Sleepwalked Into an Energy Crisis That Could Last Years

With its natural gas stockpiles running dangerously low, the European Union is at the mercy of two wily forces—Putin and the weather.

Traders are already preparing for the worst, with prices for gas delivered from spring through 2023 surging about 40% over the past month. Some say the crunch could last until 2025, when the next wave of LNG projects in the U.S. starts supplying the world market.

“It’s hard to see how decent levels of gas storage can be achieved without additional Russian exports via Nord Stream 2 or existing routes,” says Massimo Di-Odoardo, vice president for gas and LNG research at Wood Mackenzie. “2022 will be another volatile year for European gas prices.” —With Elena Mazneva, Olga Tanas, and Vanessa Dezem

Fossil fuel failure but they made it, renewables got them through the winter. You are doing a good job of making my case for me.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

(edited)

50 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

increasing its reliance on renewables. Wind and solar are cleaner but sometimes fickle...” 

That's why storage is a critical factor in the transition. Batteries for hourly and daily load shifting and hydrogen or other tech for seasonal load shifting. So simple that even you can understand it but you refuse to because it contradicts your worldview.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

10 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

That's why storage is a critical factor in the transition. Batteries for hourly and daily load shifting

Ahh we are in agreement...It seems a full cost analysis of storage capacity would be in order. And then there there is the compatibility of the grid itself. Time line's....mfg capacities....Ohh and what to do in the interim...Ahh and who designs such a endeavor? So far the science/engineering has failed miserably.

(edited)

22 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

Ahh we are in agreement...It seems a full cost analysis of storage capacity would be in order. And then there there is the compatibility of the grid itself. Time line's....mfg capacities....Ohh and what to do in the interim...Ahh and who designs such a endeavor? So far the science/engineering has failed miserably.

It hasn't failed, it is just now arriving and to great success. Batteries are money makers, almost every new solar project in California includes a battery.

California only had a few small batteries 2 years ago and now there is a tsunami of big batteries being installed.

CAISO_2022_Feb_article_Chart_1b-V4-600x152.png

Edited by Jay McKinsey

2 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

It hasn't failed, it is just now arriving and to great success. Batteries are money makers, almost every new solar project in California includes a battery.

California only had a few small batteries 2 years ago and now there is a tsunami of big batteries being installed.

CAISO_2022_Feb_article_Chart_1b-V4-600x152.png

And The Band Played On.....

15 minutes ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

And The Band Played On.....

Keep your eyes open because you are about to see the green transition move into high gear. 

• Haha 1