JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

14 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

I spoke of a far less expensive vehicle for a reason. People can afford it. They can also afford many other ICE vehicles and small hybrid or short range EVs and hybrids. People like big vehicles. I have a 12 seat NV3500 with leather seats as well as a minivan and my Mirage. I like them all. We will see how vehicles sell. I rarely see any EVs in the Midwest. I do see them in California. 

https://getjerry.com/questions/what-percent-of-us-car-sales-are-electric

What percent of US car sales are electric?

I want to buy an electric car, but I’m worried that it’s just a passing fad. I still see mostly gas vehicles for sale, and I want to know that if I switch, electric vehicles won’t just disappear. What percent of US car sales are electric?

Find out if you’re getting ripped off on your car insurance in less than two minutes.
No spam · No long forms · No fees

Answer provided by

Emily Jansen
Answered on Feb 23, 2022
Great question! Just under 1% of all the cars in the US are fully electric vehicles (EVs). This number doesn’t account for partial electric and hybrid vehicles.
In 2020, electric and hybrid vehicles saw a huge jump in sales, approximately 76% for hybrids and 83% for fully electric cars. It’s an impressive leap, but overall only 3% of car sales in 2021 were electric cars, and just 5% were hybrids. Looking at the EV market for 2022, though, the number of electric vehicle sales is expected to jump to 5%, as more and more options enter the market.
One factor here for the low sales numbers of electric cars is the price of the most recognizable electric car brand in America. Tesla has long been known as an expensive option, and with their recent price change, this continues to be true. Many Americans simply can’t afford their choice of electric vehicle.
For some consumers, they have questions about the cost of insuring an electric car and how it compares. Luckily, Jerry compares car insurance rates on both electric and gas cars for you to get you the best price possible.

The Tesla brand has been sold out for years. In fact they have a waiting list of buyers. Why don’t you mention that? Do you know how much production is on the way in the next two years? Why can’t you google and keep up?

18 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

I spoke of a far less expensive vehicle for a reason. People can afford it. They can also afford many other ICE vehicles and small hybrid or short range EVs and hybrids. People like big vehicles. I have a 12 seat NV3500 with leather seats as well as a minivan and my Mirage. I like them all. We will see how vehicles sell. I rarely see any EVs in the Midwest. I do see them in California. 

I want to buy an electric car, but I’m worried that it’s just a passing fad. I still see mostly gas vehicles for sale, and I want to know that if I switch, electric vehicles won’t just disappear. What percent of US car sales are electric?

Find out if you’re getting ripped off on your car insurance in less than two minutes.

Answer provided by

Emily Jansen
Answered on Feb 23, 2022
Great question! Just under 1% of all the cars in the US are fully electric vehicles (EVs). This number doesn’t account for partial electric and hybrid vehicles.
In 2020, electric and hybrid vehicles saw a huge jump in sales, approximately 76% for hybrids and 83% for fully electric cars. It’s an impressive leap, but overall only 3% of car sales in 2021 were electric cars, and just 5% were hybrids. Looking at the EV market for 2022, though, the number of electric vehicle sales is expected to jump to 5%, as more and more options enter the market.
One factor here for the low sales numbers of electric cars is the price of the most recognizable electric car brand in America. Tesla has long been known as an expensive option, and with their recent price change, this continues to be true. Many Americans simply can’t afford their choice of electric vehicle.
For some consumers, they have questions about the cost of insuring an electric car and how it compares. Luckily, Jerry compares car insurance rates on both electric and gas cars for you to get you the best price possible.

U.S. Plug-In Vehicle Sales

A total of 77,687 plug-in vehicles (63,243 BEVs and 14,444 PHEVs) were sold during September 2022 in the United States, up 42.4% from the sales in September 2021. PEVs captured 6.98% of total LDV sales this month. https://www.anl.gov/esia/light-duty-electric-drive-vehicles-monthly-sales-updates

(edited)

Reality keeps intruding into the discussion to derail the Green dreamers.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Chevron-CEO-Blames-Climate-Policies-For-Global-Energy-Crisis.html

"Chevron CEO Mike Wirth warned that the premature transition to green energy is already having a major impact on Europe.

"The oil company chief noted that the global energy crisis had been exacerbated by Western governments "doubling down" on green energy policies.

"The reality is, [fossil fuel] is what runs the world today. It's going to run the world tomorrow and five years from now, 10 years from now, 20 years from now,” Wirth explained."

Edited by Ecocharger
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

Answer provided by

Emily Jansen
Answered on Feb 23, 2022

EVs get 2 to 3 times more mileage per dollar spent for fuel when comparing electricity cost vs gasoline

F150 Lightning is case in point ....please compare the difference between a ICE F150 and the same size Lightning

enjoy

32 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Reality keeps intruding into the discussion to derail the Green dreamers.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Chevron-CEO-Blames-Climate-Policies-For-Global-Energy-Crisis.html

"Chevron CEO Mike Wirth warned that the premature transition to green energy is already having a major impact on Europe.

"The oil company chief noted that the global energy crisis had been exacerbated by Western governments "doubling down" on green energy policies.

"The reality is, [fossil fuel] is what runs the world today. It's going to run the world tomorrow and five years from now, 10 years from now, 20 years from now,” Wirth explained."

Europe is short of Natural Gas....... not renewable energy. Yet you live in a world of denial of the facts

Fossil Fuels are the problem in Europe and will continue to be the problem because of idiots that support Putin and Saudi Arabia

• Upvote 1

Fossil fuels are available around the world in abundance. Green energy is virtually nonexistent by comparison. You greenies are living in a fantasy world which has been trying to force itself on the Western World while the rest of the world does business as usual. ESG has hampered the West and benefited the reality based world. Green energy needs to show that it can actually do the job before it can be relied on. It will take many decades if ever. Natural gas is clean and abundant. So is oil and coal. Plus many other forms such as ethanol, propane, charcoal, peat, biogas, etc. You don't really have a clue as to the abundance of energy sources. 

I try to placate you by admitting you can grow your dream over decades but you will never admit. the truth. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/14/2022 at 4:40 PM, notsonice said:

EVs get 2 to 3 times more mileage per dollar spent for fuel when comparing electricity cost vs gasoline

F150 Lightning is case in point ....please compare the difference between a ICE F150 and the same size Lightning

enjoy

There are many millions of people driving trucks, vans, and RVs. Few of them can afford to buy an electric version of a light pickup. They can't use them for towing or camping because of range when towing or driving an RV. RVs are not available with batteries. 

Where do you live? What kind of driving do you do?

• Great Response! 1

On 10/14/2022 at 11:42 AM, Boat said:

The Tesla brand has been sold out for years. In fact they have a waiting list of buyers. Why don’t you mention that? Do you know how much production is on the way in the next two years? Why can’t you google and keep up?

I don't rely on the guesses of others. I rely on actual accomplishments. People will buy EV's when it makes sense for them too. Many will be used as second cars around town and to show off to their liberal friends. Hybrids make sense, maybe they will come up with some good options for realistic price points. Meanwhile ICE vehicles are a much better option for the vast majority of people. ICE vehicles can be made with small engines that are powerful and reliable. 

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g39175084/10-cheapest-new-cars-in-2022/

Much lower insurance rates.

No battery to wear out.

Far less interest due to lower price.

No worrying about charging. 

The gasoline price will come down if governments get out of the way and let the free market work. All of the above energy sources. 

• Great Response! 1

2 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

Fossil fuels are available around the world in abundance. Green energy is virtually nonexistent by comparison. You greenies are living in a fantasy world which has been trying to force itself on the Western World while the rest of the world does business as usual. ESG has hampered the West and benefited the reality based world. Green energy needs to show that it can actually do the job before it can be relied on. It will take many decades if ever. Natural gas is clean and abundant. So is oil and coal. Plus many other forms such as ethanol, propane, charcoal, peat, biogas, etc. You don't really have a clue as to the abundance of energy sources. 

I try to placate you by admitting you can grow your dream over decades but you will never admit. the truth. 

Are you claiming that natural gas, coal, oil, and propane are clean burning (burn cleanly)? That is patently false. "About 117 pounds of CO2 are produced per million British thermal units (MMBtu) equivalent of natural gas compared with more than 200 pounds of CO2 per MMBtu of coal and more than 160 pounds per MMBtu of distillate fuel oil." (source: https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/natural-gas/natural-gas-and-the-environment.php#:~:text=Natural gas is a relatively,an equal amount of energy.). I believe propane is around 130 pounds of CO2.

All of you Republican anti-green/renewable energy individuals are the same--you pretend that renewable energy development is static, that the current state of things is as good as it is going to get. While I agree that the timeline for switching (mostly) to green energy are overambitious, if you would just get out of the way and allow/support the green R&D, eventually fossil fuels would largely be a thing of the past.

• Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Polyphia said:

All of you Republican anti-green/renewable energy individuals are the same--you pretend that renewable energy development is static, that the current state of things is as good as it is going to get. While I agree that the timeline for switching (mostly) to green energy are overambitious, if you would just get out of the way and allow/support the green R&D, eventually fossil fuels would largely be a thing of the past.

Are you always a religious hypocrite?  No one is "in the way" of wind/solar or R&D.  No one is in favor of giant subsidies based on hypocritical fantasies based on lies(Current LCOE lie for instance).  Base it on economics without lies and everyone will join.  Base it upon your religion, and few will join. 

PS: Stop stealing from normal rate payers using the grid by allowing residential solar to sell at retail prices.  Wholesale prices + a fee for grid stabilization or get lost; you are thief. 

PPS: No one with a working brain who has taken a college physics class and passed the chapter on black body radiation gives a damn about CO2.... now religious morons who believe CO2 is a wonder drug....

Edited by footeab@yahoo.com
  • Rolling Eye 1

3 hours ago, Polyphia said:

Are you claiming that natural gas, coal, oil, and propane are clean burning (burn cleanly)? That is patently false. "About 117 pounds of CO2 are produced per million British thermal units (MMBtu) equivalent of natural gas compared with more than 200 pounds of CO2 per MMBtu of coal and more than 160 pounds per MMBtu of distillate fuel oil." (source: https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/natural-gas/natural-gas-and-the-environment.php#:~:text=Natural gas is a relatively,an equal amount of energy.). I believe propane is around 130 pounds of CO2.

Polyphia, first of all who are you? Why hide behind such a name? It would be nice to know more about you.

First of all, I said natural gas is clean, and it is. CO2 is very green and clean. It is what enables plant life to exist and flourish on earth, sun, and water. It is the original solar plant. When plants and animal life die their remains end up as natural gas. CO2 is not a pollutant at all. It can kill you if you misuse it. 

Natural gas, propane, butane etc. are the cleanest fossil fuels. Coal is the dirtiest but can be burned in highly advanced coal plants as is now mandated in some countries. Fossil fuels are not an option, they are ESSENTIAL. That is easy to see if you are any kind of a realist. That is not to say that Green Dreams may all come true in some far away time. Right now we need to  be practical, get it?

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

I don't rely on the guesses of others. I rely on actual accomplishments. People will buy EV's when it makes sense for them too. Many will be used as second cars around town and to show off to their liberal friends. Hybrids make sense, maybe they will come up with some good options for realistic price points. Meanwhile ICE vehicles are a much better option for the vast majority of people. ICE vehicles can be made with small engines that are powerful and reliable. 

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g39175084/10-cheapest-new-cars-in-2022/

Much lower insurance rates.

No battery to wear out.

Far less interest due to lower price.

No worrying about charging. 

The gasoline price will come down if governments get out of the way and let the free market work. All of the above energy sources. 

Battery EVs already outsell Hybrid EVs in the US.

18 hours ago, Ron Wagner said:

Tell that to farmers who use "green energy" essentially exclusively.  The world is powered by the sun. 

You can make a car that runs on food, but we generally don't because we like to eat.

You have an epic misunderstanding of energy.

On 10/14/2022 at 5:40 PM, notsonice said:

enjoy

So, what type of EV do you drive now? Or are you still pumping fossil fuel at your neighborhood gasoline station?

I think that I already know the answer......

(edited)

On 10/14/2022 at 5:46 PM, notsonice said:

Europe is short of Natural Gas....... not renewable energy. Yet you live in a world of denial of the facts

Fossil Fuels are the problem in Europe and will continue to be the problem because of idiots that support Putin and Saudi Arabia

Again with your counterfactual rant...look at this, this is reality..,

https://oilprice.com/Alternative-Energy/Wind-Power/Is-Wind-Energy-Becoming-Too-Expensive.html

"Even wind energy majors, such as Vestas Wind Systems, General Electric Co., and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, are feeling the stress of high raw material and logistics costs as they race to build the tallest turbines. Ben Backwell, CEO of the trade group Global Wind Energy Council, explained “What I’m seeing is a colossal market failure.” "

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

4 hours ago, TailingsPond said:

Tell that to farmers who use "green energy" essentially exclusively.  The world is powered by the sun. 

You can make a car that runs on food, but we generally don't because we like to eat.

You have an epic misunderstanding of energy.

Speak for yourself about that epic misunderstand.....rising costs are pricing green energy out of the market.

Edited by Ecocharger

7 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Battery EVs already outsell Hybrid EVs in the US.

Some joke, Jay...this is all below 1% of the transportation scene, just a blip on your spectacles.

20 hours ago, Polyphia said:

Since when is CO2 "unclean"...that is preposterous nonsense, which only an ill-informed crank would swallow.

CO2 is essential for human life on this good old planet, and helps us transport you and your posterior around town...and, eh, you do drive an ICE, right?

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

On 7/18/2022 at 6:21 AM, Eyes Wide Open said:

https://denvergazette.com/news/nation-world/john-durham-requesting-30-subpoenas-a-serious-move-kash-patel-says/article_bec9e24b-b9a2-5a81-9ff5-a30cd1c557b2.html

John Durham requesting 30 subpoenas a serious move, Kash Patel says

• Daniel Chaitin, Washington Examiner
  •  
    • 12 hrs ago
    •  

HaHa! MAGA fails again.

General Flynn on John Durham: "Whatever His Reputation as a Thorough Prosecutor was, is Now Gone" www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/10/general-flynn-john-durham-whatever-reputation-thorough-prosecutor-now-gone/

Edited by Jay McKinsey
  • Haha 1

(edited)

On 10/15/2022 at 6:29 PM, Ron Wagner said:

No battery to wear out.

Really?

Look under your hood.

Lead acid battery replacements are big business.

Edited by TailingsPond

(edited)

5 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

HaHa! MAGA fails again.

MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2022

Edited by Eyes Wide Open
  • Haha 2

On 10/15/2022 at 9:05 PM, Polyphia said:

Green energy has to prove itself like any other new technology. Right now it has failed to do that without massive subsidies. It is not able to compete on a large enough scale. We are having an energy disaster due to its failures in the Free World, while the oil and gas producing countries laugh at us. 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

7 hours ago, Eyes Wide Open said:

MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2022

Oh dear god, that is the case he just lost you numb nut. It is all over. The Durham investigation is done.

Now Mr. Durham appears to be winding down his three-year inquiry without anything close to the results Mr. Trump was seeking. The grand jury that Mr. Durham has recently used to hear evidence has expired, and while he could convene another, there are currently no plans to do so, three people familiar with the matter said.

Mr. Durham and his team are working to complete a final report by the end of the year, they said, and one of the lead prosecutors on his team is leaving for a job with a prominent law firm.

Over the course of his inquiry, Mr. Durham has developed cases against two people accused of lying to the F.B.I. in relation to outside efforts to investigate purported Trump-Russia ties, but he has not charged any conspiracy or put any high-level officials on trial. The recent developments suggest that the chances of any more indictments are remote.

Edited by Jay McKinsey

EV sales are getting hotter

Americans bought more than 200,000 electric cars in the third quarter — a first. Electric car sales grew faster than any other segment of the auto industry.

Americans bought 67% more electric cars in the third quarter of 2022 than in the same period in 2021, according to our third-quarter Electrified Light Vehicle Sales Report. Overall new car sales fell 0.1% in the same period.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ev-sales-are-getting-hotter-these-are-the-cars-catching-up-to-tesla-11666362271?mod=taxes

6 hours ago, Jay McKinsey said:

EV sales are getting hotter

Americans bought more than 200,000 electric cars in the third quarter — a first. Electric car sales grew faster than any other segment of the auto industry.

Americans bought 67% more electric cars in the third quarter of 2022 than in the same period in 2021, according to our third-quarter Electrified Light Vehicle Sales Report. Overall new car sales fell 0.1% in the same period.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ev-sales-are-getting-hotter-these-are-the-cars-catching-up-to-tesla-11666362271?mod=taxes

Jay do you have the specific demograph that the majority of these sales are to?

I'm interested in if its to the "well off" rather than the average Joe. if it the well off only then that limits the effective market available. Yes I know you will say costs are coming down and this will open up more of the market in the future, but you cant guarantee this.