JM

GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES

the death of coal and at the same time US is booming...........

The US private sector added half a million jobs last month. Here’s what that means for Friday’s jobs report

By Alicia Wallace, CNN
Updated 5:13 PM EDT, Thu July 6, 2023

MinneapolisCNN — 

US companies saw a massive, unexpected spike in hiring activity in June, according to private payroll processor ADP’s latest employment report, released Thursday morning.

ADP’s National Employment Report, produced in a collaboration with the Stanford Digital Economy Lab, showed that the private sector added 497,000 jobs last month, far exceeding economists’ expectations for 228,000 jobs and ADP’s May total of 267,000 hires.

While ADP’s tabulations don’t always correlate with the official federal jobs report, it’s sometimes viewed as a proxy for overall hiring activity. And by that measure, Thursday’s blockbuster jump is yet another indicator that when the June jobs report lands on Friday, it’s all but certain to show that the US labor market has added jobs for 30 consecutive months.

Inflation Reduction Act sparks green jobs growth

More than 100,000 ‘green jobs’ were created in the US in less than six months after the IRA was signed into law, according to new research. Non-profit Climate Power says, as of the end of January 2023, 94 clean energy projects were ongoing, representing almost $90 billion in new private-sector investments.

The wind, solar and electric vehicle (EV) sectors are creating new jobs for electricians, technicians, mechanics, construction workers and many others. The report says more than nine million green jobs could be created over the next decade.

“Thanks to President Biden’s affordable clean energy plan, businesses are investing in manufacturing like never before and planning to create good paying jobs in every corner of the country,” said Lori Lodes, Executive Director of Climate Power.

“This is only the beginning – we’re months after the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act and we’re already at the precipice of a renewed manufacturing, Made in America boom… all while reducing toxic emissions that harm the health and wellbeing of our communities,” she added.

America is seeing a green jobs boom since the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act.

America is seeing a green jobs boom since the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act. Image: Climate Power

Investing across the US in green energy jobs

The report highlights several states where billions of dollars have been invested in new green jobs since the Inflation Reduction Act came into effect. These include:

• Georgia – so far $15.27 billion has been invested, which will lead to the creation of 16,627 green jobs. This includes more than $9 billion invested by Hyundai to build battery plants to supply the manufacture of EVs in the US.
  • Tennessee – $10.9 billion of clean energy investment has already created 11,753 jobs. The state will see the construction of several battery plants, along with a lithium hydroxide plant, and Ford Motors has begun building a $5.6 billion EV manufacturing complex.
  • Michigan – $7.2 billion is going into the economy, with the creation of 9,572 jobs in the state’s clean energy sector and potentially 167,000 more over the next 10 years. The EV charging company Flo is launching its first US manufacturing facility in the state, with plans to establish over a quarter of a million EV chargers for American drivers.

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

Says the man who skipped econometrics. By the way, Jay, I took several stats courses, including a graduate course in econometrics in which I received an A. I am not easily deceived by statistical baloney. I want to see genuine science.

Yet you just keep loosing.

Just now, Jay McKinsey said:

I showed study results in the form of two graphs. Temp and CO2 went up in perfect correlation. We know that CO2 is a greenhouse gas and nothing else correlates. End of story.

You failed to show any correlation statistics, old boy. which shows your lack of  understanding of statistical methods.

(edited)

1 minute ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Yet you just keep loosing.

No, I have been employed in many statistical positions, and I always won.

You are the one who needs to get back to the books.

Edited by Ecocharger

15 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

The graph does not explain anything, there needs to be another graph showing an explanatory variable.

Try this one??

Clipboard1.jpg

Just now, turbguy said:

Try this one??

Clipboard1.jpg

Again this looks like cherry picking. Look at the complete studies before concluding.

3 minutes ago, notsonice said:

the death of coal and at the same time US is booming...........

The US private sector added half a million jobs last month. Here’s what that means for Friday’s jobs report

By Alicia Wallace, CNN
Updated 5:13 PM EDT, Thu July 6, 2023

MinneapolisCNN — 

US companies saw a massive, unexpected spike in hiring activity in June, according to private payroll processor ADP’s latest employment report, released Thursday morning.

ADP’s National Employment Report, produced in a collaboration with the Stanford Digital Economy Lab, showed that the private sector added 497,000 jobs last month, far exceeding economists’ expectations for 228,000 jobs and ADP’s May total of 267,000 hires.

While ADP’s tabulations don’t always correlate with the official federal jobs report, it’s sometimes viewed as a proxy for overall hiring activity. And by that measure, Thursday’s blockbuster jump is yet another indicator that when the June jobs report lands on Friday, it’s all but certain to show that the US labor market has added jobs for 30 consecutive months.

Inflation Reduction Act sparks green jobs growth

More than 100,000 ‘green jobs’ were created in the US in less than six months after the IRA was signed into law, according to new research. Non-profit Climate Power says, as of the end of January 2023, 94 clean energy projects were ongoing, representing almost $90 billion in new private-sector investments.

The wind, solar and electric vehicle (EV) sectors are creating new jobs for electricians, technicians, mechanics, construction workers and many others. The report says more than nine million green jobs could be created over the next decade.

“Thanks to President Biden’s affordable clean energy plan, businesses are investing in manufacturing like never before and planning to create good paying jobs in every corner of the country,” said Lori Lodes, Executive Director of Climate Power.

“This is only the beginning – we’re months after the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act and we’re already at the precipice of a renewed manufacturing, Made in America boom… all while reducing toxic emissions that harm the health and wellbeing of our communities,” she added.

America is seeing a green jobs boom since the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act.

America is seeing a green jobs boom since the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act. Image: Climate Power

Investing across the US in green energy jobs

The report highlights several states where billions of dollars have been invested in new green jobs since the Inflation Reduction Act came into effect. These include:

• Georgia – so far $15.27 billion has been invested, which will lead to the creation of 16,627 green jobs. This includes more than $9 billion invested by Hyundai to build battery plants to supply the manufacture of EVs in the US.
  • Tennessee – $10.9 billion of clean energy investment has already created 11,753 jobs. The state will see the construction of several battery plants, along with a lithium hydroxide plant, and Ford Motors has begun building a $5.6 billion EV manufacturing complex.
  • Michigan – $7.2 billion is going into the economy, with the creation of 9,572 jobs in the state’s clean energy sector and potentially 167,000 more over the next 10 years. The EV charging company Flo is launching its first US manufacturing facility in the state, with plans to establish over a quarter of a million EV chargers for American drivers.

Yes, a complete waste of taxpayer money, something which only the Demos are capable of.

The wind energy system has run into a brick wall in Britain, with even the climate agitators giving up on wind as a source of affordable energy.

https://oilprice.com/Alternative-Energy/Wind-Power/Wind-Lobbyists-Push-UK-Government-For-More-Subsidies.html

"Wind industry lobbyists have urged the UK government to revise auction rules, create new targets for floating offshore wind.

The proposed changes, if agreed upon by the government, would not only amplify the total subsidy but also secure industry shares in the energy market.

The climate lobby group, Net Zero Watch, has called upon the government to refuse these demands."

"Dr. John Constable, Net Zero Watch’s Energy Director, said:

“It would be both absurd and counterproductive for Government to bail out the wind industry in spite of the evident failure to reduce costs. A refusal to learn from mistakes will be disastrous.”

In a press release, the organisation argued the Government should “reject the self-serving demands” because the U.K. economy should not be expected to continue to subsidise a sector “that is still uneconomic after nearly 20 years of above-market prices and guaranteed market share”.

“The wind experiment has failed and must be wound down,” it adds."

1 minute ago, Ecocharger said:

Again this looks like cherry picking. Look at the complete studies before concluding.

Cherry picking the result of a massive NASA study. The graph has the study conclusion and it is beyond obvious.

2 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Yes, a complete waste of taxpayer money, something which only the Demos are capable of.

The wind energy system has run into a brick wall in Britain, with even the climate agitators giving up on wind as a source of affordable energy.

https://oilprice.com/Alternative-Energy/Wind-Power/Wind-Lobbyists-Push-UK-Government-For-More-Subsidies.html

"Wind industry lobbyists have urged the UK government to revise auction rules, create new targets for floating offshore wind.

The proposed changes, if agreed upon by the government, would not only amplify the total subsidy but also secure industry shares in the energy market.

The climate lobby group, Net Zero Watch, has called upon the government to refuse these demands."

“It would be both absurd and counterproductive for Government to bail out the wind industry in spite of the evident failure to reduce costs. A refusal to learn from mistakes will be disastrous.”

In a press release, the organisation argued the Government should “reject the self-serving demands” because the U.K. economy should not be expected to continue to subsidise a sector “that is still uneconomic after nearly 20 years of above-market prices and guaranteed market share”.

“The wind experiment has failed and must be wound down,” it adds."

More right wing nonsense from Zerohedge.

6 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Looks like a correlation to me.  Based on atmospheric information preserved in air bubbles in ancient ice cores, the plot offers a view of carbon dioxide levels in Earth’s atmosphere for the past 400,000 years. As this graph makes obvious, it has been a long time since carbon dioxide levels have been anywhere near where they are now.

Derived from data here:

https://www.nature.com/articles/20859

Can you explain what, or why, this "looks like cherry picking" to you?

4 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

More right wing nonsense from Zerohedge.

Wrong again, old boy.

“The wind experiment has failed and must be wound down,” it adds.

The Government should also be mindful that U.K. households and businesses are already experiencing extreme pressures on budgets, and a further burden on the energy bill should not be tolerated, it says.

This is particularly the case as the wind industry’s current cost difficulties are “neither unforeseen nor unpredicted but have been obvious to careful observers for over a decade”."

(edited)

3 minutes ago, turbguy said:

Looks like a correlation to me.  Based on atmospheric information preserved in air bubbles in ancient ice cores, the plot offers a view of carbon dioxide levels in Earth’s atmosphere for the past 400,000 years. As this graph makes obvious, it has been a long time since carbon dioxide levels have been anywhere near where they are now.

Derived from data here:

https://www.nature.com/articles/20859

You say it "looks like a correlation"...what do you mean? Do you know what a statistical correlation is? Where are the numbers? "A long time"? What is a long time?

Edited by Ecocharger

(edited)

You say it "looks like a correlation"...what do you mean? Do you know what a statistical correlation is? Where are the numbers?

I agree that I cannot come up with the appropriate math, just the apparent "coincidence" expressed by the graphs.

Again, I request:

Edited by turbguy

(edited)

3 minutes ago, turbguy said:

I agree that I cannot come up with the appropriate math, just the apparent "coincidence" expressed by the graphs.

Again, I request:

First, there is no such thing as a "correlation" without numbers, so, no, this does not show any correlation.

As for cherry-picking, do you have any idea of how old the earth is? Older than 400,000 years would you say? 

Edited by Ecocharger

3 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

First, there is no such thing as a "correlation" without numbers, so, no, this does not show any correlation.

As for cherry-picking, do you have any idea of how old the earth is? Older than 400,000 years would you say? 

I'm certain someone can work out that math.  Perhaps you can.

Again, I request:

Asking something about the age of the earth isn't a very satisfactory response.

(edited)

1 minute ago, turbguy said:

I'm certain someone can work out that math.  Perhaps you can.

Again, I request:

Asking something about the age of the earth isn't a very satisfactory response.

Yes, it means that taking a mere 400,000 years as if that were all there is to the story of Planet Earth is a good example of cherry-picking. Why not look at the full story?

Edited by Ecocharger

5 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

Yes, it means that taking a mere 400,000 years as if that were all there is to the story of Planet Earth is a good example of cherry-picking. Why not look at the full story?

Because humans didn't exist then. All that matters is the atmosphere during which we evolved at most and really only the part that allowed us to create civilization which is about the last 10K years.

I suppose you would like to include the pre oxygen period of our atmosphere.

Just now, Jay McKinsey said:

Because humans didn't exist then. All that matters is the atmosphere during which we evolved at most and really only the part that allowed us to create civilization which is about the last 10K years.

I suppose you would like to include the pre oxygen period of our atmosphere.

No, it is important to compare the data and see if it really matters that humans industrialized. That requires investigating all the data.

Just now, Ecocharger said:

No, it is important to compare the data and see if it really matters that humans industrialized. That requires investigating all the data.

Well then I guess we best get rid of all this pesky oxygen since over half of Earth's history had almost none. 

(edited)

17 minutes ago, Ecocharger said:

I believe that time period covers a great deal of my family tree.

Certainly it covers my time on this planet,

...and about 20,000 generations before me.

...and all of recorded history.

...and all of civilization (as we know it).

I prefer not to bother with earlier times, as I would expect they were "different" than 1950.

Why is "ignoring" earlier times important to you?

After that, exactly where do you believe all the increase in CO2 arises from?

Edited by turbguy

2 minutes ago, Jay McKinsey said:

Well then I guess we best get rid of all this pesky oxygen since over half of Earth's history had almost none. 

The data will show to what extent high levels of CO2 influence climate change.

2 minutes ago, turbguy said:

I believe that time period covers a great deal of my family tree.

Certainly it covers my time on this planet,

...and about 20,000 generations before me.

...and all of recorded history.

...and all of civilization (as we know it).

I prefer not to bother with earlier times, as I would expect they were "different" than 1950.

Why is earlier times important to you?

We need to examine all data which might be relevant to the determination of how and to what extent CO2 levels influence climate change.

Just now, Ecocharger said:

The data will show to what extent high levels of CO2 influence climate change.

Other times had many other variables. The only period that is relevant is the period that allowed us to evolve at most and really just the period of civilization.

We need to examine all data which might be relevant to the determination of how and to what extent CO2 levels influence climate change.

Will there ever be enough data that could sway your opinion?

Just now, turbguy said:

Will there ever be enough data that could sway your opinion?

Selecting data which only suits one opinion is unscientific. So you should support the cause of science.